IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 237.
#7651 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I only saw a few pics, but has anyone put bloody hand/splatter decals on their TWD?
amazon.com link »

The TWD over at Blue Moon Bar and Grill had blood splatter vinyl on it when I played it over a year ago if I remember correctly. At least that's my best recollection, but take that for what it's worth. Maybe kettchxxii might be able to tell you more or if they're similar to the ones you linked. I wanted to do this to mine after seeing his in person, but never got around to it.

#7652 5 years ago

May be picking up a TWD with the fish tank topper and may sell to offset the cost of the game. Anyone sell one lately and know what they're going for?

#7653 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

The TWD over at Blue Moon Bar and Grill had blood splatter vinyl on it when I played it over a year ago if I remember correctly. At least that's my best recollection, but take that for what it's worth. Maybe kettchxxii might be able to tell you more or if they're similar to the ones you linked. I wanted to do this to mine after seeing his in person, but never got around to it.

I found a set for 4 bucks. If they look good, I can send you any extras.

#7654 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

May be picking up a TWD with the fish tank topper and may sell to offset the cost of the game. Anyone sell one lately and know what they're going for?

Don't sell the topper as you will likely regret it down the road. I paid $400 for my NIB TWD topper about 3 years ago when they were still available. I seem to recall seeing one in like new condition sell for $450 or so a few months ago.

Gord

#7655 5 years ago

I agree with Gord. The topper makes the game!

#7656 5 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

I agree with Gord. The topper makes the game!

I like my homemade topper spent about $70 and had fun with kids putting it together. Hot glue to base and use screw holes on top of backbox. Hot glue as you build, Red LED lights wired to barn has a glowing effect to back glass and topper.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00T6Q3YPM

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TT5KBCE

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BX2KKQ6

20190330_120825-1 (resized).jpg20190330_120825-1 (resized).jpg20190330_120800 (resized).jpg20190330_120800 (resized).jpg20190330_120811-1 (resized).jpg20190330_120811-1 (resized).jpg
#7657 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I like my homemade topper spent about $70 and had fun with kids putting it together. Hot glue to base and use screw holes on top of backbox. Hot glue as you build, Red LED lights wired to barn has a glowing effect to back glass and topper.
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love it! Thinking of doing the same. What did you use to ensure the towers and figurines don’t go flying when someone nudges the machine while playing?

#7658 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

Love it! Thinking of doing the same. What did you use to ensure the towers and figurines don’t go flying when someone nudges the machine while playing?

On top of the backbox there are screws for a tournament sign. I removed screws and marked my Lego base plates. I made a template out of paper and transferred it to base plate. I drilled holes in Lego base to secure to top. After making sure it fit I removed and built prison tower, hot gluing as I built it. I'll try and take picture of that tomorrow.

#7659 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I did the exact same thing with mine, and tied some flashers from inside the barn to inside the tower. I only have one tower.

#7660 5 years ago

Oh wow, that’s great to know @spiderpin. Thank you

#7661 5 years ago

Put spotlight on tower and wired to "TOWER" on playfield. Lights up when "tower" is lite.

Have other lights (RBG) in left side tower, if I remember correctly wired to " FOOD, WEAPONS & FIRST AID" on playfield.

20190331_113321 (resized).jpg20190331_113321 (resized).jpg20190331_113339 (resized).jpg20190331_113339 (resized).jpg
#7662 5 years ago

Next pictures are wire running into backbox and base screwed to backbox. Also showing a few bases connected together and Hot Glued. Not shown is the fun the kids had and the reaction when we got it all working on game. Priceless

20190331_113422 (resized).jpg20190331_113422 (resized).jpg20190331_113500 (resized).jpg20190331_113500 (resized).jpg20190331_113633 (resized).jpg20190331_113633 (resized).jpg20190331_113704 (resized).jpg20190331_113704 (resized).jpg
#7663 5 years ago

I had the game reset on me after starting Horde. It ejected 2 balls, and about 15 seconds later the flippers died and it restarted.

I had just re-rubbered the game prior to this, and was one of my first test plays, (I really hate those dinky little pegs btw). I pulled the playfield out and had it resting in the cab, just right have the "hump" on the rails.

Anyone else have this happen to them? Any thoughts on what this might be?

#7664 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I only saw a few pics, but has anyone put bloody hand/splatter decals on their TWD?
amazon.com link »

I bought them and they were horrible - couldn't find a good place for them where they looked decent
saving them for Halloween decorations

#7665 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Anyone else have this happen to them? Any thoughts on what this might be?

Do you have the latest code?
There was a horde crash bug in earlier versions I think

#7666 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Do you have the latest code?
There was a horde crash bug in earlier versions I think

yeah I'm on the latest code. Just really shitty because of course, I was having a great game

#7667 5 years ago

I have the blood splatter decals from pingraffix on the plastic ramps, they look really awesome. I also have the 2 bloody hand print graphics that were linked many years ago, and they are decent. These are the ones: https://amazon.com/gp/product/B005LLMCU4/ I can take a pic later tonight if you want. I have them on the back side of the glass over the instruction card area.

#7668 5 years ago

I bought a set for $4 from amazon, and used them on the ramps and hand prints on the glass. I did put a few on the pf glass near the upper corners, but I'm not sure I like them up there. It looks pretty good otherwise. Nothing sticks to the armor because of the finish, but not a big deal.

#7669 5 years ago

Anyone that is looking to rid of a colordmd please pm me!

#7670 5 years ago

Hey gang,

Just joined the undead club.

My crossbow is sticking and doing some funky stuff. Can you guys take a look and let me know if my plastic coil sleeve is installed correctly?

FC95B03C-B2C9-49F9-8F65-F109AF5FCDC3 (resized).jpegFC95B03C-B2C9-49F9-8F65-F109AF5FCDC3 (resized).jpeg
#7671 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Hey gang,
My crossbow is sticking and doing some funky stuff. Can you guys take a look and let me know if my plastic coil sleeve is installed correctly?[quoted image]

I have the pro, so I can't help with the crossbow, but I heard you received a new topper in the mail. Happy with it?

#7672 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I have the pro, so I can't help with the crossbow, but I heard you received a new topper in the mail. Happy with it?

It’s great! I ordered some matrix strips from Comet, so I’m looking forward to seeing it lit up.

My only question is the angle of the topper. It seems to sit back at about a 30 degree angle vs. sitting upright. Is this intentional?

The topper looks good from the front, but kind of strange when viewed from the side (like it’s tilting back).

#7673 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

It’s great! I ordered some matrix strips from Comet, so I’m looking forward to seeing it lit up.
My only question is the angle of the topper. It seems to sit back at about a 30 degree angle vs. sitting upright. Is this intentional?
The topper looks good from the front, but kind of strange when viewed from the side (like it’s tilting back).

Yes, the angle is intentional. I wasn't getting a good lighting effect with the LED strip with a 90 degree upright angle.

#7674 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Hey gang,
My crossbow is sticking and doing some funky stuff. Can you guys take a look and let me know if my plastic coil sleeve is installed correctly?[quoted image]

Here's how mine looks.

IMG_20190403_090315 (resized).jpgIMG_20190403_090315 (resized).jpg
#7675 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here's how mine looks.
[quoted image]

Thanks. After checking the manual, mine is set up correctly.

The weird issues are intermittent and therefore tricky to pinpoint.

#7676 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Thanks. After checking the manual, mine is set up correctly.
The weird issues are intermittent and therefore tricky to pinpoint.

What exactly are the issues? You said it was sticking and doing "funky" stuff...

#7677 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

What exactly are the issues? You said it was sticking and doing "funky" stuff...

1. The ball will enter the crossbow and just sit there. Ball search will end the problem.
2. Button will not launch the ball.
3. Crossbow motor will continuously run for the duration of the game.

The plunger will sometimes stay extended after the ball is launched. The weight of the ball will compress the plunger the second time, so this may be normal.

I went through the switch, motor and coil test. Everything seems fine. Like I said, the issues are intermittent and seemingly random.

#7678 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

1. The ball will enter the crossbow and just sit there. Ball search will end the problem.
2. Button will not launch the ball.
3. Crossbow motor will continuously run for the duration of the game.
The plunger will ssometimes stay extended after the ball is launched. The weight of the ball will compress the plunger the second time, so this may be normal.
I went through the switch, motor and coil test. Everything seems fine. Like I said, the issues are intermittent and seemingly random.

1. if the ball is just sitting in the cross bow and not doing anything, that is a switch issue. Adjust the switch or replace it.
2. if the button will not launch the ball, that is also a switch issue, either related to #1 or an issue with the button switch. Does the button switch work in test mode?
3. Cross bow running continually is a home switch issue, adjust home switch or replace it. Basically, the motor can't find it's home position so it keeps moving to try to find it.

I think the manual has a diagram outlining the cross bow motor and its switches.

#7679 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

1. if the ball is just sitting in the cross bow and not doing anything, that is a switch issue. Adjust the switch or replace it.
2. if the button will not launch the ball, that is also a switch issue, either related to #1 or an issue with the button switch. Does the button switch work in test mode?
3. Cross bow running continually is a home switch issue, adjust home switch or replace it. Basically, the motor can't find it's home position so it keeps moving to try to find it.
I think the manual has a diagram outlining the cross bow motor and its switches.

I would agree with this. It all sounds like switch issues to me as well. Adjust or replace; they all seem to be connected to one another.

If you're using your finger during test mode to activate a switch, and it works, try with a ball instead and adjust the switch so that the ball will activate it.

#7680 5 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I tend to agree about the switch issue.

I suspect the balls may be magnetized or otherwise caught on something. I’ll adjust the switches accordingly.

Great game!

3DECCF06-E5FF-4DCE-BC16-462BDCFA56FA (resized).jpeg3DECCF06-E5FF-4DCE-BC16-462BDCFA56FA (resized).jpegDDADD7D3-E0FB-4E8F-B3F1-657998D8A3C7 (resized).jpegDDADD7D3-E0FB-4E8F-B3F1-657998D8A3C7 (resized).jpeg
#7681 5 years ago

Got to Horde again last night (2 times in 3 days? The universe must be turning upside down!). The game didn't reset on me, so all seems ok??

Also changed the orientation of the magnet/core 180 degrees and it has more action, for now. I basically just unmounted and flipped it 180 degrees.

LOVE this game.

#7682 5 years ago

I've gotten to Horde a few times, but I swear this game sucks balls for being intuitive on the rules. I still don't know how I collected all the weapons.

#7683 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've gotten to Horde a few times, but I swear this game sucks balls for being intuitive on the rules. I still don't know how I collected all the weapons.

Basically doing well during modes will get you a Multikill, which will give you a weapon.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/58#post-3202060

A link to the rulesheet that explains how you can collect weapons.

#7684 5 years ago

From the rulesheet linked above:

MultiKill
The 6 "Multikill Weapons" lights in the middle of the playfield (the ones right below the Horde insert) are lit by doing well in modes. Each time you do one of the following, a Multikill Weapon will start to flash:
Make 2 shots in CDC
Make 2 shots in Riot
Make 2 shots in Tunnel
Make 2 (3?) shots in Arena
Make 3 (4?) shots in Barn
Finish CDC mode
Finish Tunnel mode
Complete 3 fish tanks (complete a tank, then hit the woodbury shot to re-qualify fish tank shots. They also re-qualify when you lose your ball)
10 drop target bank completions
Get 3 Well Walker jackpots
Get 4 prison multiball jackpots
Make 3 shots in Bicycle Girl (as of 1.41, you need not necessarily complete Bicycle Girl)
Score x combo’s
Score the bloodbath superjackpot.
The Multikill Weapon lights are lit at random (e.g. collect Barn in one game may light the "knife", next game it may light the "gun").
When you lose your ball, all of the flashing Multikill Weapon lights will light solid. If you light all 6 Multikill Weapon inserts, either solid or flashing, you will qualify for Horde (down to one ball). Hit Woodbury to start.

#7685 5 years ago

I'm trying to "get" this game. It just doesn't click with me. I can walk up to any other game that I own and everything is very clear what to do. I don't get why everyone loves this code.

Is it because mine has the Cleland code with absolutely ZERO helpful callouts? Does the standard code have helpful callouts?

#7686 5 years ago

Anybody attempt to install a one way gate to force the ball to one side out of the pops to prevent the SDTM drain?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7687 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'm trying to "get" this game. It just doesn't click with me. I can walk up to any other game that I own and everything is very clear what to do. I don't get why everyone loves this code.
Is it because mine has the Cleland code with absolutely ZERO helpful callouts? Does the standard code have helpful callouts?

I don't believe so. Cleland code is much better than original, in my opinion.

#7688 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Anybody attempt to install a one way gate to force the ball to one side out of the pops to prevent the SDTM drain?
[quoted image]

I installed a fatter post sleeve on the left side of the right ramp. Gives the ball enough of a nudge that it rarely goes SDTM.

#7689 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

It’s a tough game to figure out, but once you do the magic shines. Took me a long time, watching some videos really helped. Main thing to get going is knock down the drop targets and get modes started. I find acdc actually much harder to figure out what’s going on.

#7690 5 years ago

IMO, Lyman games aren’t necessarily intuitive. He writes deep code (“record deepness”), but the games don’t exactly tell you what to do.

That’s a pro or a con depending on your outlook. I guess it depends on the game. TWD certainly doesn’t help you out in that regard.

#7691 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My approach:

Knock down drops on left to light a mode.
Start a mode that is easiest for you to shoot (for me it's Barn or CDC).
Continue lighting supplies (drops) to work towards Bloodbath + one of the other MBs (Well walker or Prison)
During this time, continue to try working towards getting Mulitkills to work towards Horde.

At some point, start a MB and stack Bloodbath when you're down to your last 2 balls. Bloodbath has add-a-balls.

Whilst doing all of this, you're working towards Seige, which is starting all 5 modes....AND you're also working towards Last Man Standing with walker kills.

If you are just working towards Horde, you're basically working towards the other 2 Wizard modes as well.

As far is the individual modes go, shoot the blinking shots. Basically explained in the Mulitkill section that I pasted above.

#7692 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s a tough game to figure out, but once you do the magic shines. Took me a long time, watching some videos really helped. Main thing to get going is knock down the drop targets and get modes started. I find acdc actually much harder to figure out what’s going on.

I've read the rules/watched videos a few times. I don't know. I think I get CDC mode, but have yet to really score big on it. The other modes, I still don't know. Do I just keep hitting the same shot over and over?
Same with WW multiball..do you aim for pops/spinners? I don't know.
Blood Bath...I never remember what to do there either.

#7693 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Edit; Just read that you've watched the video... that is all I'd think you'd need to understand the game?
Edit#2: In retrospect, to say I learnt everything I needed to know from watching the videos is unfair. More credit should be given to Chambahz as well who really laid out strategy and clarified any of the questions I had.

#7694 5 years ago

I also put a flipper rubber by the right ramp to stop pop drains. MF'r still goes down the middle repeatedly.

#7695 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've read the rules/watched videos a few times. I don't know. I think I get CDC mode, but have yet to really score big on it. The other modes, I still don't know. Do I just keep hitting the same shot over and over?
Same with WW multiball..do you aim for pops/spinners? I don't know.
Blood Bath...I never remember what to do there either.

Each Mode is different, CDC you need to start and then with each additional shot to the Bicycle Girl ramp after starting CDC will light one of the other 4 major shots, Barn, Riot, Tunnel and Arena. So drop the 3 targets, shot CDC to start it, then shoot it 4 more times to light each of the major shots, then shoot each of the major shots to collect points, then shoot CDC two more times to end the mode. Do all this while 2X playfield is lit by shooting the tower and then timing your 'X' multiplier bonus for your final shot into the CDC shot and you can rack up hundreds of millions on your last shot through depending on where your 'X' multiplier is at. You build your 'X' multiplier by collecting Walker kills, every 2 walker kills gives you a 1x bonus, so collect 10 walker kills before rollover the 'X' insert through either inlane and you would have a 5x bonus on your next shot. Building this bonus in combination with the 2x playfield bonus is the way to score big.

All modes work a little differently... Barn, Riot and Arena all have you hitting the same shot over and over to collect more points while Tunnel and CDC have you spreading your shots out.

#7696 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My approach:
Knock down drops on left to light a mode.
Start a mode that is easiest for you to shoot (for me it's Barn or CDC).
Continue lighting supplies (drops) to work towards Bloodbath + one of the other MBs (Well walker or Prison)
During this time, continue to try working towards getting Mulitkills to work towards Horde.
At some point, start a MB and stack Bloodbath when you're down to your last 2 balls. Bloodbath has add-a-balls.
Whilst doing all of this, you're working towards Seige, which is starting all 5 modes....AND you're also working towards Last Man Standing with walker kills.
If you are just working towards Horde, you're basically working towards the other 2 Wizard modes as well.
As far is the individual modes go, shoot the blinking shots. Basically explained in the Mulitkill section that I pasted above.

You are actually working towards Terminus after starting all 5 modes, Seige is for completing Prison MB... which is impossible Still haven't done that... and I'm no where near LMS.

#7697 5 years ago

What’s the difference between Horde and Terminus?

#7698 5 years ago

Funny thing is, I get the CDC mode. Why does it seem like there is so much to that mode, but others are just hit the same shot repeatedly? I guess that's why I don't see the hype about the code.

#7699 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

You are actually working towards Terminus after starting all 5 modes, Seige is for completing Prison MB... which is impossible Still haven't done that... and I'm no where near LMS.

Thanks for the correction!

#7700 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

What’s the difference between Horde and Terminus?

Horde is collect all the Multi-Kill weapons, Terminus is complete all the modes (Barn, CDC, Riot, Tunnel, Arena). I've done Terminus once since I got the machine and Horde numerous... a dozen+ I'd say? Close to Seige, and no where near LMS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/154?hl=xo4all and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.