IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 236.
#7601 5 years ago

A friend has a colordmd led version which I could try out.

Made a quick movie to be seen at https://photos.app.goo.gl/or93babCgtCBgBtg8

I think I will like lcd better in a twd when I compare this video to some YouTube videos.

#7602 5 years ago

My Well Walker started registering phantom hits, is it time to replace the switch or is there an easy adjustment I can make?

#7603 5 years ago

I'm having a problem with my drop targets not resetting sometimes. It seems to work better if I open it up and manually lift them repeatedly, but that only seems to help for maybe 15-20 games. It seems it can be any of the 3 that's dropped last, so I'm unsure if it doesn't register that they're down or it fails to raise them, but the modes don't start when it happens, which is a huge deal to gameplay. They always come up fine on the next ball, so I'm at a loss(of course I have zero tech experience). Can't find anything loose, connections all seem good. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#7604 5 years ago
Quoted from Yngwie36:

I'm having a problem with my drop targets not resetting sometimes. It seems to work better if I open it up and manually lift them repeatedly, but that only seems to help for maybe 15-20 games. It seems it can be any of the 3 that's dropped last, so I'm unsure if it doesn't register that they're down or it fails to raise them, but the modes don't start when it happens, which is a huge deal to gameplay. They always come up fine on the next ball, so I'm at a loss(of course I have zero tech experience). Can't find anything loose, connections all seem good. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Start by taking the glass off, get into the menu using the buttons inside the door, then navigate to Diagnostics Menu/Switch Menu/Switch Test. Then knock the drop targets down one by one to see if all 3 register as a switch hit. You should see an indicator on the display as well as a sound for each one. I suspect that one of them is not working. Hopefully it is just a broken wire on one of them that you can easily solder back on.

#7605 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

My Well Walker started registering phantom hits, is it time to replace the switch or is there an easy adjustment I can make?

Major flaw with this game. I've had the same issue, as have many others here. The general suggestion seems to be to "form" (ie: bend") the switch to a more 'closed' position.

I do this and sometimes it works...for awhile.

The main problem is one of design: they didn't leave enough room to adjust this piece very easily. It could have been designed to allow for more more 'wiggle room'. That said, I'm not an expert or mechanically inclined, these are just from hours spent frustrated with this piece.

Cheers from Edmonton,

Winston

#7606 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

PS: try to avoid replacing the switch at all costs--it will cost you $60 to ship a $5 part from Marco's.

Your switch isn't broken, it is just too sensitive.

#7607 5 years ago

Can someone with a prem/LE measure the depth of the aquarium from the backboard to the edge closest to the player?

20190306_191314 (resized).jpg20190306_191314 (resized).jpg
#7608 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Can someone with a prem/LE measure the depth of the aquarium from the backboard to the edge closest to the player?[quoted image]

It's approximately 2-1/4".

#7609 5 years ago

I've played four different TWDs now (pro, premium, and LE models) and they all suffer from the same SDTM out of the pops and prison magnet.

For the pops, I can't see how it could be sorted out with a code update, as I believe the issue is a design flaw.

But the prison magnet drop is definitely avoidable. The magnet behavior can potentially be altered, or there can be a ball save out in place as they've done on many other games.

I know a lot of you have not experienced this issue, but there are definitely loads of people who have.

Come on Lyman!!!

#7611 5 years ago

If you are getting SDTM out of the pops, its a setup issue. I never have that happen. Prison, well, sometimes it happens. Most of the time on mine it doesnt, but occasionally it does. Same as it does on Metallica. A short ball save timer or a you hit no switches after the magnet activated timer would have been nice. It doesnt happen that often though. I would say I get more pissed off at the well walker magnet throwing the ball hard at the outlane and draining it. That happens way more to me than off the prison.

#7612 5 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

PS: try to avoid replacing the switch at all costs--it will cost you $60 to ship a $5 part from Marco's.
Your switch isn't broken, it is just too sensitive.

Thanks, I will try bending it and see how that works.

#7613 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

If you are getting SDTM out of the pops, its a setup issue. I never have that happen. Prison, well, sometimes it happens. Most of the time on mine it doesnt, but occasionally it does. Same as it does on Metallica. A short ball save timer or a you hit no switches after the magnet activated timer would have been nice. It doesnt happen that often though. I would say I get more pissed off at the well walker magnet throwing the ball hard at the outlane and draining it. That happens way more to me than off the prison.

I am totally up for the idea that SDTM out of the pops being a setup issue... but if it is... how do I correct it? I do very little nudging on my pins so I'm guessing I am going to be even more susceptible to SDTM from the pop's than others but what slope should I be at? My bubble is in the middle and I'm level side to side on the game. It is entirely possible for me to drain SDTM with multiple balls in a row.

#7614 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I am totally up for the idea that SDTM out of the pops being a setup issue... but if it is... how do I correct it? I do very little nudging on my pins so I'm guessing I am going to be even more susceptible to SDTM from the pop's than others but what slope should I be at? My bubble is in the middle and I'm level side to side on the game. It is entirely possible for me to drain SDTM with multiple balls in a row.

Increase the pitch a bit and see if that helps.

#7615 5 years ago

For most people giving it a tiny bit of lean to the left (instead of being perfectly flat) helps with the pop issue. There are other ways to do it though, its been mentioned in this thread a bunch. Some add a ring, some add some velcro.

#7616 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

For most people giving it a tiny bit of lean to the left (instead of being perfectly flat) helps with the pop issue. There are other ways to do it though, its been mentioned in this thread a bunch. Some add a ring, some add some velcro.

I'll mess with pitch and level, no way I'd add a ring or velcro though. That's just cheating

#7617 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I do very little nudging on my pins so I'm guessing I am going to be even more susceptible to SDTM from the pop's than others

This is it right here. But if your game is setup good, the ball most times should bounce off the guide that hugs the left ramp, and go to the left flipper for a good dead bounce over to the right for a controlled shot. This should happen 95% of the time. The other times you’ll need to have nudging skills on the ready.

Set your game up steep too. Back legs all the way out, front all the way in.

In the first plunge of this video. That’s how it should happen almost every time.

#7618 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

If you are getting SDTM out of the pops, its a setup issue.

I really have to disagree with this. I have 3 digital levels and OCD! Haha

You're not going to find many game more perfectly level than mine. I also believe in playing all games at 6.5 exactly as intended by their design.

You play steeper, you reduce the side drain, and I prefer not to do that.

Also, the fact that I've played all 4 machines, and saw the same issues, would mean every game is set up wrong. Impossible.

And the last one I played was a premium set up stupidly steep. Game was much easier to control than my game, but the SDTM issues still occurred.

#7619 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

really have to disagree with this. I have 3 digital levels and OCD!

You're not going to find many game more perfectly level than mine.

If you're having an issue with SDtM out of the pops then it's not 'supposed' to be level. Set the game up so the issue goes away.
Alternatively, play it as the designer intended and learn to nudge appropriately.

#7620 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If you're having an issue with SDtM out of the pops then it's not 'supposed' to be level. Set the game up so the issue goes away.
Alternatively, play it as the designer intended and learn to nudge appropriately.

I nudge like a mutha!

and if you are tilting the game off to one side then there is something wrong with the game. take a look in your manual. One of the first things that says is to level it perfectly side to side.

And really dude, a downvote? Your life that shitty?

#7621 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

take a look in your manual. One of the first things that says is to level it perfectly side to side.

Your current solution of complaining more and ignoring the available solutions doesn't seem to be fixing the issue.
If you find a solution please share it.

#7622 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I really have to disagree with this. I have 3 digital levels and OCD! Haha
You're not going to find many game more perfectly level than mine. I also believe in playing all games at 6.5 exactly as intended by their design.
You play steeper, you reduce the side drain, and I prefer not to do that.
Also, the fact that I've played all 4 machines, and saw the same issues, would mean every game is set up wrong. Impossible.
And the last one I played was a premium set up stupidly steep. Game was much easier to control than my game, but the SDTM issues still occurred.

FWIW, it's a lot easier to have 4 machines set up incorrectly that 4 machines set up correctly.

#7623 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Thanks, I will try bending it and see how that works.

You can also try to either double up the spring on the WW or shorten the original. By having him not jump around so easily it stops the switch from opening with the slightest hit on the PF.

#7624 5 years ago

If you ask me, the fact the sling rubber is higher than the out lane rubber is more of a design flaw to me.

It’s a hard game, plain and simple. I think it’s probably too hard for some. Most people that walk up to it at my house play a couple of games then move on because it’s so hard.

#7625 5 years ago

Personally, I wouldn't own a TWD if it wasn't as punishing as it is.

#7626 5 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

You can also try to either double up the spring on the WW or shorten the original. By having him not jump around so easily it stops the switch from opening with the slightest hit on the PF.

Thanks, I adjusted/bent the switch a little and now there are no phantom hits registering. FWIW I cut a small piece of slingshot rubber and wedged it between the guide by the left ramp where the ball should bounce off of and go to your left flipper. It works 90% of the time, and no nudging is necessary, I got the idea from somewhere in this thread. I am in the club that believes in a fair chance, a ball draining right out of the pops is just shit.

#7627 5 years ago

Sometimes when I play TWD I just need to walk alway.

#7628 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Thanks, I adjusted/bent the switch a little and now there are no phantom hits registering. FWIW I cut a small piece of slingshot rubber and wedged it between the guide by the left ramp where the ball should bounce off of and go to your left flipper. It works 90% of the time, and no nudging is necessary, I got the idea from somewhere in this thread. I am in the club that believes in a fair chance, a ball draining right out of the pops is just shit.

Out of the Pops i did this and never had a drain out of pops for 2 years now

its just a big rubber i had from another game .

20190309_124410 (resized).jpg20190309_124410 (resized).jpg
#7629 5 years ago

But have you ever played Tunnel mode?

#7630 5 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

But have you ever played Tunnel mode?

all the time , smooth as butter

#7631 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

all the time , smooth as butter

try it , takes 15 min .

#7632 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

try it , takes 15 min .

I would probably do something similar if my TWD had a pop-drain problem.

#7633 5 years ago

I can also hit Tunnel very reliably with the rubber there.

#7634 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I can also hit Tunnel very reliably with the rubber there.

You must be a great player. I can't hit that shot reliably WITHOUT the rubber installed!

#7635 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You must be a great player. I can't hit that shot reliably WITHOUT the rubber installed!

Yeah hitting it is one thing... but to do it cleanly enough so it doesn't get hung up and go to hell by the pops is another

THEN... if you do nail it - it flies back around the outlane at such speed that when you nail the combo on the right ramp it has the propensity to fly right off... the velocity is just that great.

I know the train track mod would fix that but I don't like the way it blocks so much light on the right side of the PF. Anybody make a clear guard that's unobtrusive?

#7636 5 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah hitting it is one thing... but to do it cleanly enough so it doesn't get hung up and go to hell by the pops is another
THEN... if you do nail it - it flies back around the outlane at such speed that when you nail the combo on the right ramp it has the propensity to fly right off... the velocity is just that great.
I know the train track mod would fix that but I don't like the way it blocks so much light on the right side of the PF. Anybody make a clear guard that's unobtrusive?

You defeinitely need to adjust something. Not sure how it’s flying off the right ramp. Even from a strong tunnel combo, should be smooth as butter up the arena ramp. Now when it’s returning down the left side of the game, you can add a piece of clear lexan to the top of the hump so it doesn’t ramp off from the speed.

#7637 5 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

The train track mod is on the return portion of the left ramp to the right of the right ramp. It's not on the right ramp (arena/fishtank/crossbow). That's the combo shot you're talking about, isn't it?

#7638 5 years ago

make sure that the bottom pop is very sensitive and this is never an issue.

#7639 5 years ago

got horde for 1st time yesterday.

#7640 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You defeinitely need to adjust something. Not sure how it’s flying off the right ramp. Even from a strong tunnel combo, should be smooth as butter up the arena ramp. Now when it’s returning down the left side of the game, you can add a piece of clear lexan to the top of the hump so it doesn’t ramp off from the speed.

Yeah oddly on mine it never jumps off the right ramp as it is returning down the left side. Only when I really nail it out of a left orbit and into the arena ramp shot. It can fly off maybe a foot or so up the right ramp. My machine may not be perfectly level - I've never had an issue (maybe rarely) of the ball going SDTM from the pops.

I'm a little hesitant to try to fix one issue and cause another. The fact you never have the issue makes me consider it. That could be the problem.

#7641 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The train track mod is on the return portion of the left ramp to the right of the right ramp. It's not on the right ramp (arena/fishtank/crossbow). That's the combo shot you're talking about, isn't it?

Hmm.Maybe you are correct. From memory I thought it was a long piece of H.O. scale track laid over the right ramp. I haven't seen it lately so I'm probably mistaken.

#7642 5 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Hmm.Maybe you are correct. From memory I thought it was a long piece of H.O. scale track laid over the right ramp. I haven't seen it lately so I'm probably mistaken.

You are correct. Sparky
20190310_141103 (resized).jpg20190310_141103 (resized).jpg

#7643 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

make sure that the bottom pop is very sensitive and this is never an issue.

How do you make this adjustment?

#7644 5 years ago
Quoted from Captainhook:

How do you make this adjustment?

There’s a switch blade under the playfield right under the pop bumper. Make the contacts really close together.

1 week later
#7645 5 years ago

For the longest time, I nudged the machine based off the DMD to prevent a SDTM. After reading elsewhere, I rotated the magnet a tiny bit and it it all but elimated the problem.

#7646 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerBall:

For the longest time, I nudged the machine based off the DMD to prevent a SDTM. After reading elsewhere, I rotated the magnet a tiny bit and it it all but elimated the problem.

did same thing 2 years ago , i never had sdtm after that

#7647 5 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah oddly on mine it never jumps off the right ramp as it is returning down the left side. Only when I really nail it out of a left orbit and into the arena ramp shot. It can fly off maybe a foot or so up the right ramp.

Mine does this as well sometimes on a super fast right orbit/right ramp combo. The ball flies off the ramp and ends up returning to the right flipper via the bicycle girl ramp return. My game is perfectly level at a seven degree slope.

1 week later
#7648 4 years ago

good evening, does anyone know what reference has the screw and the piece of grip of the board that holds the mechanism of the zombie head in this area? Thank you!!!

Screenshot_20190326-224411_WhatsApp (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190326-224411_WhatsApp (resized).jpg
#7649 4 years ago

nobody can help me?

#7650 4 years ago

I only saw a few pics, but has anyone put bloody hand/splatter decals on their TWD?
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07J4LDD2D/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/153 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.