IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 237.
#7501 5 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Who sells the speaker acrylics with Rick shooting a gun on one, and the Zombie getting shot on the head on the other?

Those are also at cointaker,if you need lights,too.

#7503 5 years ago

Finally joined the 1B club after 2 years... Even escaped horde after 440M. Still 30 kills away from LMS.

IMG_20190131_164236 (resized).jpgIMG_20190131_164236 (resized).jpg
#7504 5 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Finally joined the 1B club after 2 years... Even escaped horde after 440M. Still 30 kills away from LMS.

Nice! I had an awesome Horde the other day. Unfortunately, I became so focused on escaping and cashing in that I wasn't paying attention to the walkers and got bit.

#7505 5 years ago

Picked up a pro recently and made some decals for the tower mod as well as some decals that stick to the underside of the ramps and will light up.

tower (resized).jpgtower (resized).jpgtwd ramps pst (resized).jpgtwd ramps pst (resized).jpg
#7506 5 years ago

I haven't had my game that long. Was playing a "quickie" Saturday before I had to head out. Of course, I lite Horde for the first time ever. Was running late and was so excited...I forgot how to start it. Wound up draining. F*$# me. Don't know when I'll get there again. Oh well, will give me motivation to play.

#7507 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I haven't had my game that long. Was playing a "quickie" Saturday before I had to head out. Of course, I lite Horde for the first time ever. Was running late and was so excited...I forgot how to start it. Wound up draining. F*$# me. Don't know when I'll get there again. Oh well, will give me motivation to play.

I remember I was one shot away from my first Battle for the Kingdom on Medieval Madness, and had to leave for hockey.

Let the ball drain, and continued the next morning on my last ball. Going to bed that night, it was nothing but pinball on the brain! Hahaha

#7508 5 years ago

Every once in a while I hit a drop target with a solid shot and it doesn't go down. I have tightened the springs that pull them down, which helped, but it still happens occasionally. Has anyone else had this happen and found a solution or is this just something to live with?

#7509 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Every once in a while I hit a drop target with a solid shot and it doesn't go down. I have tightened the springs that pull them down, which helped, but it still happens occasionally. Has anyone else had this happen and found a solution or is this just something to live with?

It happens on mine too. Also happens on classic Ballys, and the Stern Stars I'm babysitting. Basically, it just happens.

#7510 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

It happens on mine too. Also happens on classic Ballys, and the Stern Stars I'm babysitting. Basically, it just happens.

Roger that, I'll get over it. Thanks for the reply.

#7511 5 years ago

I just put in Cleland/NIN mix. It's like a new game! I had Cleland before but the default music which I really dislike, it just grates on me for some reason and it really detracted from the game for me. I feel like this is how the game should be. It gets me a bit more pumped up instead of plodding along. I didn't bother hooking up a sub before as I had the volume pretty low but I'm changing that and it should be even better.

#7512 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

This happens to me too... happened on the stock black targets and also with the clear ones I replaced them with... naturally it seems to occur at the worst possible time, like one target left to start blood bath and you drain off the shot

#7513 5 years ago

I got to Horde the other night and was really excited and it had my adrenaline really pumping big time because i havent got there many times and ive never yet really had a good horde mode. Anyway here comes the 2 ball multiball and im determined to blow it up and ended up not making one single shot lol. I'm just going to guess that i had the worst Horde mode score in the history of TWD! Oh well, I'll get em next time!

#7514 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I got to Horde the other night and was really excited and it had my adrenaline really pumping big time because i havent got there many times and ive never yet really had a good horde mode. Anyway here comes the 2 ball multiball and im determined to blow it up and ended up not making one single shot lol. I'm just going to guess that i had the worst Horde mode score in the history of TWD! Oh well, I'll get em next time!

That's pinball

I know the feeling for sure. I've had so many important multiballs in that game that I've just pissed away.

Next time

#7515 5 years ago

I’ve only reached border once and did terrible in it. I’ve had it lit multiple times and just haven’t been able to make the Woodbury shot to start it. Terrible feeling but the game keeps making me push the start button and delivering me more punishment.

#7516 5 years ago

Weird thing happened last night. I moved my machine just a few inches to line it up with the rest of my games, and took off the glass to level it.

Played one he, and noticed all my scores had been reset except for the GC!?!?

Anyone know what might have caused this?

#7517 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Weird thing happened last night. I moved my machine just a few inches to line it up with the rest of my games, and took off the glass to level it.

All I can think of is you accidentally turned the other high scores off in the settings menu. Did you try to adjust anything?

#7518 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

All I can think of is you accidentally turned the other high scores off in the settings menu. Did you try to adjust anything?

Nope, that's what is weird!

#7519 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

They automatically reset themselves after a certain number of games. I think factory default is 2000.

#7520 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

They automatically reset themselves after a certain number of games. I think factory default is 2000.

Noooooooooo! Really???

Why did the GC remain?

#7521 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Why did the GC remain?

It doesn't automatically reset.

Standard adjustment 37 HSTD reset count. The manual doesn't say what the range is. Maybe you can disable it by setting to zero or off?

#7522 5 years ago

It doesn't automatically reset.
Standard adjustment 37 HSTD reset count. The manual doesn't say what the range is. Maybe you can disable it by setting to zero or off?

So everything but the GC will automatically reset?

That sucks! I had some nice scores and walker kills that got wiped

#7523 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yes.

Quoted from Damien:

Learn to use Pinball Browser and you can put in your own.

I watched Snailman finish CDC with a 185,000,000 shot a couple weeks ago. It was awesome.

#7524 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So, who's your new default walker kill champ?

#7525 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

So, who's your new default walker kill champ?

The game I played last night, I think I ended at 54 kills

Previously, it was 107.

Oh well, guess I have some work to do!

#7527 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/142#post-4648285

Hahaha.

But man it's going to take me a while to reach that again since I don't have a lot of time these days to play.

#7528 5 years ago

Yes.

Learn to use Pinball Browser and you can put in your own.
I watched snailman finish CDC with a 185,000,000 shot a couple weeks ago. It was awesome.

How do you do that? I'm still trying to figure out how to get big scores out of these modes.

#7529 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

The game I played last night, I think I ended at 54 kills
Previously, it was 107.
Oh well, guess I have some work to do!

I meant the factory defaults , doesn't matter

#7530 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How do you do that? I'm still trying to figure out how to get big scores out of these modes.

left ramp left ramp left ramp left ramp ... --> this builds the base value of all the other shots
shoot a lot of other shots but avoid the left ramp once you have made one of those shots
as soon as you decide to cash in, you shoot the left ramp. First time for the small pay off, second time for the big payoff.
Try to shoot the last shot with playfield multiplier on and use your x multiplier (i mostly save and build the x during cdc for the last shot)

You can go 300M high easily in the mode if you focus on it, especially in a multiball were you for example build the cdc value high then start multiball.
In multiball extend mode timer with drop targets, avoid left ramp, and while long in the mode/multiball, cash in

#7531 5 years ago

While I have my ramps off I switched out the pop bodies and skirts to translucent red bodies (from pinballmods.com), and black skirts.

twd pops (resized).jpgtwd pops (resized).jpg
#7532 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

left ramp left ramp left ramp left ramp ... --> this builds the base value of all the other shots
shoot a lot of other shots but avoid the left ramp once you have made one of those shots
as soon as you decide to cash in, you shoot the left ramp. First time for the small pay off, second time for the big payoff.
Try to shoot the last shot with playfield multiplier on and use your x multiplier (i mostly save and build the x during cdc for the last shot)

Also,...
If you have played any other modes (barn, I prefer), then before you start shooting the ramp to build and light the jackpots, you can shoot the lit shots (barn,riot,etc, whatever mode you previously played) to add 500k to the base value, it's basically like shooting 10,20? ramps, as the ramp shot only builds 25k per shot, I think.
That's how I've gotten huge CDC totals.
This also works with all the other modes too, adding value to them.

#7533 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Also,...
If you have played any other modes (barn, I prefer), then before you start shooting the ramp to build and light the jackpots, you can shoot the lit shots (barn,riot,etc, whatever mode you previously played) to add 500k to the base value, it's basically like shooting 10,20? ramps, as the ramp shot only builds 25k per shot, I think.
That's how I've gotten huge CDC totals.
This also works with all the other modes too, adding value to them.

If only I could keep the ball in play long enough to take advantage of that...

#7534 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

If only I could keep the ball in play long enough to take advantage of that...

It's still a tough pin, but get these. You'll be very thankful you did.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/save-post-for-twd

#7535 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's still a tough pin, but get these. You'll be very thankful you did.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/save-post-for-twd

Have them. lol.

They've definitely helped a bit. Maybe I need to put bigger rubber on them. hahaha.

#7536 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Have them. lol.
They've definitely helped a bit. Maybe I need to put bigger rubber on them. hahaha.

LOL. From what I remember, the left outline is a bitch!

#7537 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

You should add that to the rules wiki, it's not mentioned.

#7538 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

While I have my ramps off I switched out the pop bodies and skirts to translucent red bodies (from pinballmods.com), and black skirts.
[quoted image]

They look properly evil now, well done! This has now been added to my list of mods.

#7539 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

[quoted image]

I never noticed the color of mine before you posted this. I now need to change these pops.

#7540 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I never noticed the color of mine before you posted this. I now need to change these pops.

I went with the red skirts and red bodies... black skirts were a nice touch... their clear drops look pretty great too IMO.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/148#post-4764678

#7541 5 years ago

I was worried switching the bodies as I thought it would be hard. Ive switched a couple of early SS games and it was a bitch. But these new games were pretty easy/

#7542 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I was worried switching the bodies as I thought it would be hard. I've switched a couple of early SS games and it was a bitch. But these new games were pretty easy/

It's not too bad. The only annoying part is having to de-solder and then reconnect the lamp leads.

#7543 5 years ago

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

IMG_20190219_002245 (resized).jpgIMG_20190219_002245 (resized).jpg
#7544 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
[quoted image]

The hardest thing about LMS is that after you reach the 115 walker count, you then have to hit another 115 walkers to complete the mode!

#7545 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The hardest thing about LMS is that after you reach the 115 walker count, you then have to hit another 115 walkers to complete the mode!

Yup! To be honest, I don't even care about the second 115 walkers. I just want to start LMS, and I'm satisfied

#7546 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yup! To be honest, I don't even care about the second 115 walkers. I just want to start LMS, and I'm satisfied

You say that now . . .

#7547 5 years ago

I'm considering a Pro, but the comments about the pop bumper/magnet drains SDTM have me a little concerned. Can someone confirm that their machine was remedied with leveling, or is it really a design flaw that required additional rubber etc.

Thanks!

#7548 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I'm considering a Pro, but the comments about the pop bumper/magnet drains SDTM have me a little concerned. Can someone confirm that their machine was remedied with leveling, or is it really a design flaw that required additional rubber etc.
Thanks!

I’d say it was design intention more than a flaw... the game is hard. I drain SDTM way more often from the pops then from the magnet but the opportunity to drain from the pips also occurs way more frequently so it makes sense. Still haven’t mastered timing the nudge right coming out of the pops to reduce the frequency.

#7549 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Thanks!

My magnet drops it SDTM 89% of the time. It's infuriating.

I am going to try adjust the magnet and see if it does anything.

My game also sends most shots to the prison doors SDTM, compared to other TWDs I've played.

TWD is a designed to be tough, but like all machines, there are small variances between each one made. Mine plays much tougher than any other one I've played.

#7550 5 years ago

Slay better!
(I got Norman Reedus - Daryl - to sign my translight and he added this)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/151?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.