Topic Stats

• 8,391 posts
  • 564 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by pkrobin
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,410 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

13b675bbdf2bd3206f866e5b23fb77de282f28da (resized).jpg
70979529_10157091133873551_6275270304075874304_n (resized).jpg
B9B1F475-63AE-4CE1-BBCE-ED2C59CE0287 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5393 (resized).jpg
2B1F4AD8-6644-440B-963F-12E40E2F2768 (resized).jpeg
20190920_204738 (resized).jpg
PRO COLOR BLOOD (resized).png
PREMIUM BLOOD (resized).png
TWD alternate translite versions (resized).jpg
20190824_093215 (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
11EA187F-CA67-4CBF-A5EF-B666C2D86950 (resized).jpeg
20190817_104818 (resized).jpg
DE9D5CBB-2E3C-4F67-AFAD-9746180AC45E (resized).jpeg
B94615F7-9965-42AF-BADE-6C5BB92F5266 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8391 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 168.
#701 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

That is the code posted.

What? Your first video had TWD main theme music playing in it when no modes we're going and the above second video didn't. It had evil dead music playing all the time no modes we're going????

#702 3 years ago

I have the Necronomicon edition of evil dead and the limited collectors tin of evil dead 2.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#703 3 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

What? Your first video had TWD main theme music playing in it when no modes we're going and the above second video didn't. It had evil dead music playing all the time no modes we're going????

First video was sneak peak and was taken long ago <when the seas ran red with blood> .. nice necronomicon

Check out this pizza

http://dailydead.com/make-your-own-evil-dead-necronomicon-pizza/

#704 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

First video was sneak peak and was taken long ago <when the seas ran red with blood> .. nice necronomicon
Check out this pizza

Nice!

#705 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Check out this pizza

AH CRAP! Guess I am throwing out the pizza I just ordered, wouldn't want my sole to get swallowed.

#706 3 years ago

It's amazing how walker kills seems to have almost no correlation to your score. I had an 800M game the other day, and only finished with 34 kills.

#707 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

probably .. i prefer to use the existing music , tone it down 50% and add iconic sound bytes to that. Fitting in all of the great sayings is near impossible with the time limit restrictions of each callout. Most are in the range of 1 seconds to 3 seconds.
Notice that the ramps sounds are evil dead sounds .. there are a lot of cool sounds to choose from.
There has to be more than one Evil Dead fan that bought the TWD machine ..

I own TWDLE and fair to say that I'm also an Evil Dead fan

leg.jpg

#708 3 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

leg.jpg

HOLY SH*T ... hardcore

#709 3 years ago

I want to CRY or shoot myself or go bowling!!!!

I'm dialed in, 99 walkers in first game.

Get to 112 walkers killed on ball 3, get another extra ball, end up with 113 walkers!!!

#710 3 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

leg.jpg

You are my favourite person in the world. Whoever did that tat for you was an AMAZING artist! Most times when people try to pull off a detailed sleeve like that it turns out horrible.

#711 3 years ago

Finally in the club today, been wanting one since it came out.

IMG_1727.jpg

#712 3 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Finally in the club today, been wanting one since it came out.

IMG_1727.jpg

You made a great choice! That's not ezeltmann' machine is it?

#713 3 years ago

You made a great choice! That's not ezeltmann' machine is it?

No, I got it from Gribbs, great guy!

#714 3 years ago

Without going through this whole thread, does anyone have a link to some nice apron cards? I can't stand the bright yellow Stern cards.

I did a search but didn't come up with anything I could print.

Thanks!

#715 3 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Without going through this whole thread, does anyone have a link to some nice apron cards? I can't stand the bright yellow Stern cards.

These are the ones I have on my game ...

http://www.pinballcards.com/Pinball-Cards/The-Walking-Dead

#716 3 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

I did a search but didn't come up with anything I could print.
Thanks!

pm me and I can send you mine

IMG_5727.jpg

#718 3 years ago

I watched Bowen's tutorial last night. Well worth the watch. I'll be using a different strategy now!

#719 3 years ago

Get those drop targets! I've improved my scores quite a bit by focusing on them more. Also, Well Walker, Riot, and Blood Bath make for one hell of a stack! Now if I could just reliably hit the Riot shot even 25% of the time, I could kick some serious ass.

#720 3 years ago

I still have never started Siege. I think I was reallyt close last night. After starting all the modes, I completed the drop targets one or two more times, and then all the modes started flashing again. Would any of those shots have started Siege?

#721 3 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

Get those drop targets! I've improved my scores quite a bit by focusing on them more. Also, Well Walker, Riot, and Blood Bath make for one hell of a stack! Now if I could just reliably hit the Riot shot even 25% of the time, I could kick some serious ass.

I love the Riot shot. It's so satisfying when you nail it. It can be frustrating, though. My worst shot by far is the Tunnel shot. Last night, it was the only mode I still needed, and I kept bricking it over and over.

#722 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I still have never started Siege. I think I was reallyt close last night. After starting all the modes, I completed the drop targets one or two more times, and then all the modes started flashing again. Would any of those shots have started Siege?

No that would have started escape Terminus.
Seige comes from making jackpot shots in prison multiball.

#723 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

No that would have started escape Terminus.

Oops. That's what I meant. Escape Terminus. Incidentally, I've never started Siege either.

#724 3 years ago

Yeah I have been in the club a couple weeks ! Really really like the game. Game really starts singing when u stack. Those drops are serious drain monsters! Reminds me of the green pirates. Of death on potc. I would say 80% of the time u hit one u drain. So ball save is real big. I'm holy at 235 mill but moving up. I did mod mine. Tower / crossbow/bike girl light. Pretty sweet.

#725 3 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Oops. That's what I meant. Escape Terminus. Incidentally, I've never started Siege either.

This game will drive you nuts in a good way.

I've got to get off of LMS, hard to since I've come so close, and just let it happen.

The drops and BB multi are the key to everything.

I go for the Well Walker bank shot to try and safely hit those drops, or at least safer.

#726 3 years ago

Ordered my Premium a couple of weeks go. But down here we have to wait 6 weeks for delivery...

Can't wait!

What are everyone's top 3 mods? I'm not a big mod fan, but I think TWD will be different.

Many people got the Stern armour and printed inside blades? Worth getting? Is the topper too much on the Premium (zombie head overload?)

#727 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What are everyone's top 3 mods? I'm not a big mod fan, but I think TWD will be different.

The BG light is a must, as is Yoyokopter's crossbow mod.

#728 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is the topper too much on the Premium (zombie head overload?)

I think it is. Others may disagree.

#729 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Is the topper too much on the Premium (zombie head overload?)

I just got this topper off eBay and it's pretty bad ass.

1445659608619-1831973961.jpg

#730 3 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

leg.jpg

Awe come on. Who has 5 legs.

#731 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ordered my Premium a couple of weeks go. But down here we have to wait 6 weeks for delivery...
Can't wait!
Many people got the Stern armour and printed inside blades? Worth getting? Is the topper too much on the Premium (zombie head overload?)

Top 3 mods:
Shaker
Speakers
Invisiglass

#732 3 years ago

My top three mods for TWD would be:

1) BG Light
2) Shaker
3) external Sub

#733 3 years ago

I need to get that bg light mod. Who sells the good one? Any links?

#734 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I need to get that bg light mod. Who sells the good one? Any links?

Here you go my friend.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twdle-bicycle-girl-light/page/7#post-2656286

Nody doesn't sell his anymore so Gnassel's is the only one on the market. You have to PM Gnassel on here and ask for one.

#735 3 years ago

I Really think bike is number. It's the most dramatic to the game. It should be in There already. How stupid , u freakin see her without that mod.

#736 3 years ago

Can't see her sorry. Drunk

#737 3 years ago

My top mods for TWD would be:
1) Invisible glass
2) Shaker
3) BG Light
4) Sound update
5) Outlane mod

#738 3 years ago

Big Fan of the series and been looking at maybe trading a few games to get a new TWD game. Just wondering what people think of the pro model vs the premium, as i'm not sure funds would stretch to premium level any longer. I played a friends premium recently and really enjoyed it, but the crossbow was alittle troublesome. I have a shaker motor in my BDK, that i would move over. Any thoughts welcome.

#739 3 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Big Fan of the series and been looking at maybe trading a few games to get a new TWD game. Just wondering what people think of the pro model vs the premium, as i'm not sure funds would stretch to premium level any longer. I played a friends premium recently and really enjoyed it, but the crossbow was alittle troublesome. I have a shaker motor in my BDK, that i would move over. Any thoughts welcome.

Premium all the way. The Pro is just WAY too stripped down. You have two bash toys and that's it Get the spinners, Woodbury drop target, extra magnet, BG bash toy, crossbow, amazing colour changing GI and lightshow, lockdown bar button and the most important of all WALKER BOMBS!!!!!!! Don't cheap out on this one. I am usually a pro guy and I hate having to go LE, but this is the one title where you just have to, pro is WAY too stripped down for my liking. Now I fully expect pro owners to come in and say how much better the flow is on the pro like they always do for each title. That is total BS, it's not. The annoying thing about the pro and why the flow isn't better is the Woodbury drop target is missing so every shot goes into the shooter lane then you wait a few seconds then up into the skill shot lanes, wait a few seconds, then into the pops, then wait a long time, then finally back into play. Totally kills the flow and so annoying.

#740 3 years ago

Premium all the way. The Pro is just WAY too stripped down. You have two bash toys and that's it Get the spinners, Woodbury drop target, extra magnet, BG bash toy, crossbow, amazing colour changing GI and lightshow, lockdown bar button and the most important of all WALKER BOMBS!!!!!!! Don't cheap out on this one. I am usually a pro guy and I hate having to go LE, but this is the one title where you just have to, pro is WAY too stripped down for my liking. Now I fully expect pro owners to come in and say how much better the flow is on the pro like they always do for each title. That is total BS, it's not. The annoying thing about the pro and why the flow isn't better is the Woodbury drop target is missing so every shot goes into the shooter lane then you wait a few seconds then up into the skill shot lanes, wait a few seconds, then into the pops, then wait a long time, then finally back into play. Totally kills the flow and so annoying.

Agree. The Premium upgrades do matter if you can afford the upgrade. I had a hard time getting into the pro. Although with the newer code, I think I'd rather have a pro than nothing if I couldn't have afforded the premium.

#741 3 years ago

Limited all the way. Don't regret it for a second

#742 3 years ago

Just joined the club.
Couple of questions:
Does the bicycle girl fix come on the game now? And the drop target is it supposed to have a sticker on it?
And last what the heck am I doing??? I am sure the rules are somewhere in this section I will scroll up.

image.jpeg

#743 3 years ago

i've been thinking of buying a new stern to add to my collection. I am between a walking dead premium or kiss premium.
I am a big fan of Lyman sheats so i figure this is a plus. my only concern is i've only played the pro at a barcade and I really didnt enjoy the look of the pin with the hideous white GI.or the sculpt on the well walker.

how would you guys consider the rule set at this stage? is it as good as say metallica?

I like playing KISS at the barcade and i love the look of the kiss game much more than i do TWD. Im just not really a fan of the band at alllllllll. Also ive heard kiss plays similar (rule wise) to ST.

any thoughts?

#744 3 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

i've been thinking of buying a new stern to add to my collection. I am between a Walking Dead premium or kiss premium.
I am a big fan of Lyman sheats so i figure this is a plus. my only concern is i've only played the pro at a barcade and I really didnt enjoy the look of the pin with the hideous white GI.or the sculpt on the well walker.
how would you guys consider the rule set at this stage? is it as good as say Metallica?
I like playing KISS at the barcade and i love the look of the kiss game much more than i do TWD. Im just not really a fan of the band at alllllllll. Also ive heard kiss plays similar (rule wise) to ST.
any thoughts?

Both fun. Play totally different and TWD code is much further along. Depends what you like. New kiss code will be dropping soon but will still take some time to be complete. If you're not a Kiss fan, you may be happier with TWD. There is not really a bad choice between those 2 though...

#745 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Just joined the club.
Couple of questions:
Does the bicycle girl fix come on the game now? And the drop target is it supposed to have a sticker on it?
And last what the heck am I doing??? I am sure the rules are somewhere in this section I will scroll up.

image.jpeg

Grats Lisa!

My premium didn't have the ramp fix kit. Told my distributor and stern shipped it out. They're 2 small thin pads that go under the bg ramp to protect pf and prevent air balls. If you have a little piece of felt or padding for temporary til stern gets you the kit, do it. And/or keep a close eye on the area til you get it so no damage is done.

Drop target decal should be in the goodie bag. Think there's 3 different ones to choose from.

You'll have to do some searches on rules. They're Lyman so not very forth coming and a little confusing. Drop targets start modes. In addition, You'll notice when all 3 drops have a cycling insert (first aide, weapon, food). Whichever insert is lit when you hit any drop will lock in that drops bonus reward when you clear all 3 drops. See below for rewards.

There's 2 stages to starting each mb. Spelling prison first time by hitting prison will start clear the prison yard in which you spell prison again either by shooting blue targets and/or the prison walker. During clear the prison yard, the first aid drop target award will give you prison walker bombs which will light your lock bar button blue. Walker bombs count towards a prison yard hit. Prison will be flashing like crazy when ready to start mb by hitting prison walker. If you have a walker bomb you can use if you drain to start mb.

Well walker mb is similar. Spell well to start the ww progression to mb. The dmd will show you how many hits you have remaining to start ww mb. During this stage the FOOD drop reward gives ww bombs which are indicated by green lock bar button.

The weapons drop target reward loads crossbow during standard play and gives an extra weapon shot during horde.

The drops do more during modes too like add time.

Once you've collected all 3 drop target awards which will be indicated by solid inserts, blood bath mb will be lit.

Multi kills are the key to getting horde. The way to light them is by doing good in all the modes.

Woodbury drop will light Woodbury; and if your two spinner shot inserts are pulsing then the spinner jackpot round will be lit by hitting spinners to increase the jackpot and collecting that jp at Woodbury.

Woodbury game is selecting a reward then selecting 1 of 4 shots to go for. You can get creative with the flipper buttons to choose your shot. I believe the arena shot will increase the rewards before starting Woodbury but this is unconfirmed.

The walker target inserts with crosshairs on each shot represent walker kills. Every 2 kills will increase the inlane X multiplier. Not sure how high you can get the X multiplier but you cash it in on ONE shot when the ball rolls over the I lane when X is lit - then your next shot is worth that X amount.

Get a sub if you don't already have one

Good luck and don't get bit!

#746 3 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

i've been thinking of buying a new stern to add to my collection. I am between a Walking Dead premium or kiss premium.
how would you guys consider the rule set at this stage? is it as good as say Metallica?
any thoughts?

Both are outstanding games with very different styles of play. TWD has really become my go-to game right now, the theme is so well integrated (who doesn't love killing zombies with shots?) Kiss is awesome also. If I had to pick between the 2, I couldn't! Although I think what I would do if I could only have one is own TWD first, play the crap out of it while the Kiss code gets completed, then trade towards a Kiss. But it would be sad to see my TWD go!

#747 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Grats Lisa!
My premium didn't have the ramp fix kit. Told my distributor and stern shipped it out. They're 2 small thin pads that go under the bg ramp to protect pf and prevent air balls. If you have a little piece of felt or padding for temporary til stern gets you the kit, do it. And/or keep a close eye on the area til you get it so no damage is done.
Drop target decal should be in the goodie bag. Think there's 3 different ones to choose from.
You'll have to do some searches on rules. They're Lyman so not very forth coming and a little confusing. Drop targets start modes. In addition, You'll notice when all 3 drops have a cycling insert (first aide, weapon, food). Whichever insert is lit when you hit any drop will lock in that drops bonus reward when you clear all 3 drops. See below for rewards.
There's 2 stages to starting each mb. Spelling prison first time by hitting prison will start clear the prison yard in which you spell prison again either by shooting blue targets and/or the prison walker. During clear the prison yard, the first aid drop target award will give you prison walker bombs which will light your lock bar button blue. Walker bombs count towards a prison yard hit. Prison will be flashing like crazy when ready to start mb by hitting prison walker. If you have a walker bomb you can use if you drain to start mb.
Well walker mb is similar. Spell well to start the ww progression to mb. The dmd will show you how many hits you have remaining to start ww mb. During this stage the FOOD drop reward gives ww bombs which are indicated by green lock bar button.
The weapons drop target reward loads crossbow during standard play and gives an extra weapon shot during horde.
The drops do more during modes too like add time.
Once you've collected all 3 drop target awards which will be indicated by solid inserts, blood bath mb will be lit.
Multi kills are the key to getting horde. The way to light them is by doing good in all the modes.
Woodbury drop will light Woodbury; and if your two spinner shot inserts are pulsing then the spinner jackpot round will be lit by hitting spinners to increase the jackpot and collecting that jp at Woodbury.
Woodbury game is selecting a reward then selecting 1 of 4 shots to go for. You can get creative with the flipper buttons to choose your shot. I believe the arena shot will increase the rewards before starting Woodbury but this is unconfirmed.
The walker target inserts with crosshairs on each shot represent walker kills. Every 2 kills will increase the inlane X multiplier. Not sure how high you can get the X multiplier but you cash it in on ONE shot when the ball rolls over the I lane when X is lit - then your next shot is worth that X amount.
Get a sub if you don't already have one
Good luck and don't get bit!

Awesome tips!!! Can't wait until my house wakes up to play it this morning
Just checked the bicycle girl fix is already on. I hate opening the goodies bags I wonder why they didn't install the sticker.

#748 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I wonder why they didn't install the sticker.

It's not installed on anyone's game from the factory.

#749 3 years ago

Don't listen to this guy hes full of it !! The pro rocks the flow is faster

#750 3 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Don't listen to this guy hes full of it !! The pro rocks the flow is faster

I do not agree. Other than when the BG ramp is up, the pro plays slower. Because there isn't a drop target, the ball winds up in the shooter lane a lot more, and thus back in the pops.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Sale Pending!
Elkhart, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roswell, GA
$ 26.50
There are 8391 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 168.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside