IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,802 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 237.
#7401 5 years ago

Joined the club with a Pro on Christmas Eve as a family present. Really enjoying trying to figure out the rules with my son. Managing about 250M at the moment (half the previous owner's top score) and we've each managed to get an entry (Bloodbath champion and combo champ) so we must be doing something right!

Another week or two and I'll look up the tutorials and rules lists and see how close we've got to figuring things out.

Every couple of games there's an issue with ball launch from both the plunger and auto launch not making it up to the rollover targets. The ball clips the lower left pop bumper, which means you miss the skill shot so it is quite annoying. I'm not sure sure why it's doing that but has anyone got any suggestions - I've checked the bumper isn't out of line and the metal guides seem OK too and really not sure what to check next?

#7402 5 years ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Every couple of games there's an issue with ball launch from both the plunger and auto launch not making it up to the rollover targets. The ball clips the lower left pop bumper, which means you miss the skill shot so it is quite annoying. I'm not sure sure why it's doing that but has anyone got any suggestions - I've checked the bumper isn't out of line and the metal guides seem OK too and really not sure what to check next?

Make sure the ball is resting properly in the shooter lane and that the plunger is striking it dead center.

#7403 5 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Anyone with an LE or Premium have any issues with the right drop target switch/coil firing randomly? I kept getting 300,000 'phantoms' points, so I had to disable it to stay sane...sucks when the game doesn't play the way it's meant to. Any idea on what to check? I don't know where to start...
Cheers,
Winston.

It sounds like either the target isn’t able to stay up when the game wants it to be in the up position, or there is a switch that needs adjusting.
Does the coil keep firing, but the target stays up(switch issue) or does it go up and down(an issue with the switch latching in the up position)?

#7404 5 years ago

Nice work on that Prodigy mix. It’s now permanent on my pin..

Quoted from Sjoend:

For the people that are interested, I've made a sound Mix for TWD based on The Prodigy . I've used the fantastic Cleland (hands-down) mix as a base, hopefully you like it.
Pro-version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tmdt22qqq2c2sb7/TWD160_PRO_Sjoend.bin?dl=0
Prem/LE-version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56n9dzeh40dm60h/TWD160_LE_Sjoend.bin?dl=0
Merry x-mas everybody and a pintastic new year!!!

Added 8 days ago: I've made a short movie of my game with this package installed so that you get an impression how this package sounds. Important note; the game starts with a fantastic callout from the Cleland package (not PG-13) so please check where your children are when you play this movie .
Youtube link:

#7405 5 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Nice work on that Prodigy mix. It’s now permanent on my pin..

Thanks , I’m glad you like it.

#7406 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I need the left Outlane fix. Anyone ?

What is this? Details?

#7407 5 years ago

I believe this is what you're talkin about!

Screenshot_20190111-181017_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190111-181017_Chrome (resized).jpg
#7408 5 years ago

I’ve noticed that if I hit a drop target down before I start multiball, then hit the remaining drop targets down during multiball they reset without lighting the modes. It will lock in whatever insert I had lit for the drop targets, but it doesn’t light the modes. I’ve also noticed if I hit a drop target down during multiball, but finish the drops after the multiball has completed, the three drops reset without lighting the modes. Is this normal?

I’m not 100% sure this is how it is all the time, I just know there is a point the drops reset and the modes don’t flash.

#7409 5 years ago

@Monk: What you describe is the tournament play behaviour. Check your settings if you want it changed.

#7410 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Monk: What you describe is the tournament play behaviour. Check your settings if you want it changed.

Interesting. I get extra balls. I will check it out thanks. Do you happen to know where I should look?

Also I did a factory reset when installing Cleland’s code.

#7411 5 years ago

I picked up a Walking Dead Premium recently. All was good but now I get an intermittent problem where the playfield lights “freak out” and flash randomly and the ones that should be solid are dimly flashing. After a period of time, things go back to normal but then it happens again. There seems to be no consistent pattern, just random. It makes it unplayable since you can’t follow what is going on but all other things function fine.

When in all LED test, when it is working all LEDs flash. When it is not, it seems to be in sections.

See two video links. I checked all connections and almost splices for any mods that were installed but nothing obvious. .

Lights freaking out in game:

Lights freaking out in all LED test.

#7412 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Monk: What you describe is the tournament play behaviour. Check your settings if you want it changed.

Checked and all my settings are factory. Anymore ideas?

#7413 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I’ve noticed that if I hit a drop target down before I start multiball, then hit the remaining drop targets down during multiball they reset without lighting the modes. It will lock in whatever insert I had lit for the drop targets, but it doesn’t light the modes. I’ve also noticed if I hit a drop target down during multiball, but finish the drops after the multiball has completed, the three drops reset without lighting the modes. Is this normal?
I’m not 100% sure this is how it is all the time, I just know there is a point the drops reset and the modes don’t flash.

After your first mode it takes more than one set of drops to light the modes again.

#7414 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

After your first mode it takes more than one set of drops to light the modes again.

I didn’t know that. I’ll check it out and report back. Thanks for the info.

All I know for certain is there are times the drops reset and the modes don’t start.

#7415 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Exactly this. I believe on factory it’s the 1st set, then twice dropped after that (3rd, 5th, etc).

#7416 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I didn’t know that. I’ll check it out and report back. Thanks for the info.
All I know for certain is there are times the drops reset and the modes don’t start.

If you want to understand more of the rules, read the first post here:

http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122

#7417 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

If you want to understand more of the rules, read the first post here:
http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122

I printed that out, but apparently I didn’t read it close enough. I still have not tried it, but I’m sure this is what is going on. I’ll confirm later but thank you to all that responded. I appreciate it greatly.

#7418 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Exactly this. I believe on factory it’s the 1st set, then twice dropped after that (3rd, 5th, etc).

I don’t think it is even that straight forward... for example if you knock down a set and then don’t start a mode and knock down another you cant bank sets towards a future mode you need to start a mode and finish it before making two sets in a row.

I can’t recall if they carry forward between balls, first thought is they don’t. So if you drain after knocking a set down and that set didn’t start a mode you need to knock two sets down again when your next ball starts... I’m foggy on that one though.

#7419 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I don’t think it is even that straight forward... for example if you knock down a set and then don’t start a mode and knock down another you cant bank sets towards a future mode you need to start a mode and finish it before making two sets in a row.
I can’t recall if they carry forward between balls, first thought is they don’t. So if you drain after knocking a set down and that set didn’t start a mode you need to knock two sets down again when your next ball starts... I’m foggy on that one though.

I didn’t even think about that. If they don’t carry over, I might not be good enough for this machine. It frustrates me the most by far out of all the games I’ve had.

#7420 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I didn’t even think about that. If they don’t carry over, I might not be good enough for this machine. It frustrates me the most by far out of all the games I’ve had.

It’s a tough game but I love it. I can get to Horde but Seige, Terminus and Last Man Standing all allude me. Was close to seige earlier this week but two quick drains and I was done. I still haven’t cracked 100 walker kills yet so I’m a ways from LMS too!

#7421 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

It’s a tough game but I love it. I can get to Horde but Seige, Terminus and Last Man Standing all allude me. Was close to seige earlier this week but two quick drains and I was done. I still haven’t cracked 100 walker kills yet so I’m a ways from LMS too!

I’m at 64 walkers I’ve been one weapon from horde. The thing that gets me most is I have less control of the ball on this title than any game I’ve played before.

Don’t get me wrong I do love the game though. It’s no fun if it’s not a challenge.

#7422 5 years ago

Alright I need to revise my last statement. Just reach horde, got 81 walkers, and a high score of 807,977,200.

59D001CA-9A20-4C3D-9A6F-479C38EB6F80 (resized).jpeg59D001CA-9A20-4C3D-9A6F-479C38EB6F80 (resized).jpeg

I’m sure non of you really care, but I am pumped. Also helps to know what’s going on with the drops. Thanks everyone.

#7423 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Settings 57 and 52 under the standard adjustments both have to do with competition but it's not clear if changing 52 to YES makes the modes impossible to light during multi-ball. 57 does not, since factory default is yes and that's not standard behavior.

Under the INSTALLS menu (page 27 in the manual) if you "Install Competition" this does disable mode start during multi-ball.

I wonder what Install Director's Cut does? Different animations and call-outs? Might have to try that at buffaloatx

#7424 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Alright I need to revise my last statement. Just reach horde, got 81 walkers, and a high score of 807,977,200.
[quoted image]
I’m sure non of you really care, but I am pumped. Also helps to know what’s going on with the drops. Thanks everyone.

Great score Monk. The drop targets are a major part of the game. I think others have explained your problem with the modes starting, after completing once to start a mode you have to do it twice to start a second. Also, take care which light is flashing when you first hit the drops, you need all food weapons, first aid. It cycles between the 3, and if you get all then blood bath!

#7425 5 years ago

This game kicks my ass. Makes TNA feel like a marathon.

I still don't know exactly what I'm doing. I get the drop targets to start a mode, but when I select a mode, is it mostly just trying to hit that same shot repeatedly? Also not clear on what I should focus on in Well Walker mb and Bloodbath. I seem to get Bloodbath frequently but not sure what the objectives are.
I've read the rule sheet, but still leaves me with a lot of questions.

#7426 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I still don't know exactly what I'm doing.

To see more about the rules, go to the first page of this thread to the "Topics Index (Key Posts)" where there are links to a walk-through by Bowen Kerins and to a rules explanation of Prison Multiball. Also, see post 6759 for an excellent #TWD video walk-through.

#7427 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

when I select a mode, is it mostly just trying to hit that same shot repeatedly?

Yes for Barn, Riot, and Arena.
CDC you light additional shots every time you hit the CDC ramp prior to hitting another shot. Your goal is hit as many lit shots as you can before finishing with two CDC shots.
Tunnel lights all major shots for 5 million. Shoot Tunnel again first to raise that value. Collect as many other shots as you can then hit Tunnel again to finish.

Quoted from gliebig:

Also not clear on what I should focus on in Well Walker mb and Bloodbath. I seem to get Bloodbath frequently but not sure what the objectives are.

WW, BB, and Riot are all switch-based. The jackpot value goes up with every switch hit.
BB target bank completions give an add-a-ball (twice). WW jackpots are at the WW, there are no BB jackpots AFAIK.

#7428 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Yes for Barn, Riot, and Arena.
CDC you light additional shots every time you hit the CDC ramp prior to hitting another shot. Your goal is hit as many lit shots as you can before finishing with two CDC shots.
Tunnel lights all major shots for 5 million. Shoot Tunnel again first to raise that value. Collect as many other shots as you can then hit Tunnel again to finish.

WW, BB, and Riot are all switch-based. The jackpot value goes up with every switch hit.
BB target bank competitions give an add-a-ball (twice). WW jackpots are at the WW, there are no BB jackpots AFAIK.

Just to expand on CDC a little (since it's my favorite mode). Shoot CDC at least twice to begin lighting other shots. For each additional CDC ramp you hit in succession it lights another shot and increases the collect value of each shot. Once you've built the value, collect it by shooting any shot other than CDC. If you complete all 4 shots (Barn, Riot, Tunnel & Arena) they all re-light for another collect.

When you're getting close to running out your time, you can either finish the mode, or drop the drops to add an additional 10 seconds. To finish the mode and collect what can be a huge payoff, shoot the CDC ramp twice in succession. I save my "X" for the second shot and have finished the mode with a single shot worth over 500 million.

During Blood Bath, I'm pretty sure you can actually add 3 balls. Two for the first two completions of the drops, but to grab the third, you have to complete the entire set of supplies (Food, Weapons & First Aid).

#7429 5 years ago

Anyone want one of these carbon fiber magnet protectors from Cliffy?

Make an offer

Screenshot_20190114-111028 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190114-111028 (resized).png
#7430 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I picked up a Walking Dead Premium recently. All was good but now I get an intermittent problem where the playfield lights “freak out” and flash randomly and the ones that should be solid are dimly flashing. After a period of time, things go back to normal but then it happens again. There seems to be no consistent pattern, just random. It makes it unplayable since you can’t follow what is going on but all other things function fine.
When in all LED test, when it is working all LEDs flash. When it is not, it seems to be in sections.
See two video links. I checked all connections and almost splices for any mods that were installed but nothing obvious. .
Lights freaking out in game:
Lights freaking out in all LED test.

Reseat connector CN11 (2 pin, red and black wires) on your center playfield board. You can do this by just opening up the coin door.
C38F8A97-C874-40DF-95C3-54B1F3185D11.jpegC38F8A97-C874-40DF-95C3-54B1F3185D11.jpeg

#7431 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I’m at 64 walkers I’ve been one weapon from horde. The thing that gets me most is I have less control of the ball on this title than any game I’ve played before.
Don’t get me wrong I do love the game though. It’s no fun if it’s not a challenge.

do what I do... I put it on 10 balls to get where I want to be... LOL

at least that way I get to experience all this machine has to offer... when im finished I put it back on 3 ball...

also, I never save the scores when I play 10 ball... that just wouldn't be right.

#7432 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

do what I do... I put it on 10 balls to get where I want to be... LOL
at least that way I get to experience all this machine has to offer... when im finished I put it back on 3 ball...
also, I never save the scores when I play 10 ball... that just wouldn't be right.

Coin door ball saver option in the menu works great for this as well. Just leave the keys in the coin door and open the door whenever you are about to drain. Ball will come back into the shooter lane when you close the door.

#7433 5 years ago

Hey all - joined the club last week with a new (the last one I could find!) Premium. I'm also now just joining the pinball club for the first time, so I've got a lot of learning to do.

I had a handful of issues getting the machine working properly out of the box (which I discussed here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-time-pinball-owner-to-be-expected#post-4787175) but now everything seems to be working as expected. Despite having this for 4 years at my office, I never really spent much time playing it (my 4 year old son logged more games than me), so I'm just enjoying digging into the rules and the depth of the game.

#7434 5 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Reseat connector CN11 (2 pin, red and black wires) on your center playfield board. You can do this by just opening up the coin door.
[quoted image]

Thanks. Easiest fix ever.

#7435 5 years ago
Quoted from slikrik98:

Hey all - joined the club last week with a new (the last one I could find!) Premium. I'm also now just joining the pinball club for the first time, so I've got a lot of learning to do.

Welcome to the club!!! Sorry you had so many issues off the bat, but they seem minor, but still sucks. With issues resolved, you should enjoy a long time of fun. My pro has been thankfully perfect! Sad to say you will probably start needing mods startting from mirror blades to color dmd. So sorry. But dang it will be fun! You need the code update that has the TV show call outs. Transforms the game in everything positive. Just get the PG version for the little ones sake.

Jason

#7436 5 years ago

Hey Sjoend your Prodigy mix rules! Seriously, gets me super amped up.

Just had my best game ever, getting closer to a billion and Last Man Standing... I figure I’ll get there if I add a few Ed Rush / Optical tracks and maybe an 8 ball or two

31A50346-25DD-4962-9462-C08C5E7FAC7D (resized).jpeg31A50346-25DD-4962-9462-C08C5E7FAC7D (resized).jpegFC3B61CA-A0DA-4938-A8CC-201A623EBC0F (resized).jpegFC3B61CA-A0DA-4938-A8CC-201A623EBC0F (resized).jpeg
#7437 5 years ago

I sold my NIB LE about a year. I enjoyed the game a lot be felt like I never really got a hold of it. There were some things I disliked about it, mainly the crossbow which is so little fun for the amount of mech it is (plus I own an Austin powers) and the left ramp was really a bitch with a lot of rejections. That being said I found myself missing the gameplay challenge and sounds so I'm back but this time picked up a pro. Any folks out there like the pro over the LE or prem? Also Im wondering if anyone knows where I can get one of those great looking translucent aprons that were briefly produced. Thanks for any help!

#7438 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I sold my NIB LE about a year. I enjoyed the game a lot be felt like I never really got a hold of it. There were some things I disliked about it, mainly the crossbow which is so little fun for the amount of mech it is (plus I own an Austin powers) and the left ramp was really a bitch with a lot of rejections. That being said I found myself missing the gameplay challenge and sounds so I'm back but this time picked up a pro. Any folks out there like the pro over the LE or prem? Also Im wondering if anyone knows where I can get one of those great looking translucent aprons that were briefly produced. Thanks for any help!

These?
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-colored-bottom-apronarch-plastic.html

#7440 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Any folks out there like the pro over the LE or prem?

Right here. For me, the ultimate version would be the current Pro with spinners.

#7441 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Right here. For me, the ultimate version would be the current Pro with spinners.

Hopefully if TimeBandit returns to the scene after a break his TotalLightShow kit will implement them for the pro along with an enhanced light show... that would be perfect.

#7442 5 years ago

Aren’t the light changes minimal on the le vs pro? If I recall the arrows were color changing and maybe gi was red during horde?

Quoted from roar:

Hopefully if timebandit returns to the scene after a break his TotalLightShow kit will implement them for the pro along with an enhanced light show... that would be perfect.

#7443 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Aren’t the light changes minimal on the le vs pro? If I recall the arrows were color changing and maybe gi was red during horde?

I think you’re right but I think TimeBandit can make the lights do anything he wants so he could make them better.

#7444 5 years ago

I’m officially a temporary resident of this club! I’ve been looking around for a Pro for a while, but then made a temporary swap of games with a friend for this bad boy. It’s completely kicking my ass so far.

F84A1287-9197-40E9-9D19-1390DA12DB1B (resized).jpegF84A1287-9197-40E9-9D19-1390DA12DB1B (resized).jpeg

#7445 5 years ago

Actually had the pro, now the premium... the color arrows are a game changer for me.. and the red GI is used a lot, not just in horde... Its a completely different experience honestly. I could never go back.

#7446 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’m officially a temporary resident of this club!

Welcome to the club! Nice collection, love your Meteor pin! Great classic stern pinball.

#7447 5 years ago

Anyone got the official stern inner cabinet art blades in their game? Anyone have them installed on an LE??

#7448 5 years ago

Minimal my butt. The entire gi pulses with the music and goes from red to white. It is awesome.

#7449 5 years ago

Will someone with a Premium or LE take a closeup picture of the Barn spinner. I have a Pro and think I'll add a spinner to my game.

#7450 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’m officially a temporary resident of this club! I’ve been looking around for a Pro for a while, but then made a temporary swap of games with a friend for this bad boy. It’s completely kicking my ass so far.
[quoted image]

Mine kicks my ass so badly that I will go play BSD for a relaxing game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 11,802 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/149?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.