IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 237.
#7301 5 years ago

I just picked up a TWD Pro yesterday. Game is great so far, but I think it's already time to change the call outs to cleland version. Can someone please let me know how I can get his version and how the entire process works. Is it no different than doing a typical stern update, but with his code?

Edit: I think I've found the code. My only question now is, do you do the update like any other stern code update, but with clelands code? I would assume yes.

#7302 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I just picked up a TWD Pro yesterday. Game is great so far, but I think it's already time to change the call outs to cleland version. Can someone please let me know how I can get his version and how the entire process works. Is it no different than doing a typical stern update, but with his code?
Edit: I think I've found the code. My only question now is, do you do the update like any other stern code update, but with clelands code? I would assume yes.

Same process.

#7303 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

1. Download Cleland's BIN file here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-code-update-160/page/4#post-4107914

2. Place the BIN file on a freshly formatted thumbdrive.

3. Set dip switch 8 to left, hit the enter diagnostic button, the screen tells you to plug in the USB stick, do so. Then hit enter to update.

Gord

#7304 5 years ago

Great, thank you guys

#7305 5 years ago

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Very first ball, I put up 600 million and 60 walker kills. Drain, get two extra balls, and then pinball happens!

Ended with 84 kills, and 824 million.

This game is rough!!!

#7306 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!
Very first ball, I put up 600 million and 60 walker kills. Drain, get two extra balls, and then pinball happens!
Ended with 84 kills, and 824 million.
This game is rough!!!

Seriously, how are you guys getting these scores? My GC is ~435 Mill with two extra balls (one for walker kills and one as a replay award). All settings on default, 7 degree incline, no outlane saver mods or anything.

On a Pro.

#7307 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Seriously, how are you guys getting these scores? My GC is ~435 Mill with two extra balls (one for walker kills and one as a replay award). All settings on default, 7 degree incline, no outlane saver mods or anything.
On a Pro.

I'll let you know when I get home and play it for the first real time tonight. I can't wait to get some time on this machine. Stupid work and responsibilities keeping me from playing my new game!!!

#7308 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I'll let you know when I get home and play it for the first real time tonight. I can't wait to get some time on this machine. Stupid work and responsibilities keeping me from playing my new game!!!

I've had this game for about 18 months; it's gonna take a few games
Unless you're a rockstar pinballer

#7309 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That I am not.

#7310 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

On a Pro.

EB on Replay isn't default AFAIK. I'm dying for my EB's on this game but I believe default is only 5/60 walkers and 10 tower hits... if there are others I'd love to know.

#7311 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

On a Pro.

Play better. Haha. Also the Pro is harder than the prem.

#7312 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

On a Pro.

That's the best ball I've ever had on TWD, and probably any game for that matter!

I haven't played it in a while, but I did play it last night about 3 times, and my average score was about 70 million. Then today working at home, I decided to put it a game after lunch, and that first ball was just bananas! I really thought this was going to be my LMS game!

I'm not an experienced pinball player, but from my knowledge of pinball and this game, I think the goal is really to time the your bloodbath with your well walker, and then get that target bank down before it times out. When you're in that big multiball, you really need to do you best hitting as many shots as possible. I had a multi-kill going, and I was able to hit the 2x kill shots a few times.

I no longer focus on Horde or Terminus. I am in it for the walkers, and I try my best to make good use of multiballs.

But for every good game I have, I have about 50 terrible ones haha!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was wondering this the other day. Seems the Prem/LE is a bit easier because you can be saved by that lockdown button. At least that is what I thought I saw watching MicSirTuna doing it. I've played a premium at a friend's place a few times, and even the side drains seems kinder compared to mine (likely due to just game-to-game differences and set up).

I keep all my games at 6.5 by the bubble, as I want to try playing them as close as possible to the way the designer intended them. Just my personal preference.

#7313 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

On a Pro.

Bloodbath + Riot + Prison seems the be the ultimate stack. You can also get a butt load of points from CDC if you use the inlane X on the last shot. I've put up a 500+ million CDC before.

#7314 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

EB on Replay isn't default AFAIK. I'm dying for my EB's on this game but I believe default is only 5/60 walkers and 10 tower hits... if there are others I'd love to know.

It's not. The only available (to me) EB is at 6 walker kills otherwise. The next is at 60 (?) and 10 tower hits. Yeah right!

So, on a good game, I get at most 2 EBs.

#7315 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah, been trying that

#7316 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Bloodbath + Riot + Prison seems the be the ultimate stack. You can also get a butt load of points from CDC if you use the inlane X on the last shot. I've put up a 500+ million CDC before.

I usually try to stack Bloodbath + Prison, mainly for progression towards Siege. Getting a mode in the mix is bonus for me. I usually go for Horde since I've seen it a couple times and it's just so good, especially with a subwoofer to really pronounce the thumping sound. Best in all of pinball! I'm not sure what my best bonus X shot is, but I wanna say it's around 100 mill. I'll have to check when I get home.

#7317 5 years ago

If anyone has a fish tank topper SHIPPING BOX ONLY they don’t want, please shoot me a message. Thanks!!

#7318 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerBall:

If anyone has a fish tank topper box they don’t want, please shoot me a message. Thanks!!

Took me 6 months to find one at fair price. Made my premium look amazing though! Good luck in your search!

#7319 5 years ago

After looking for a long time, I finally saw one on Craigslist and picked it up. My OCD problem now is that it didn’t come with the OEM BOX, so that is what I am looking for.

#7320 5 years ago

Like others here, I should have watched this tutorial a long time ago:

#7321 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Jesus, just watched McSirTuna's full tutorial on Buffalo Pinball... I've been so ignorant about so many things! This game really is the gift that keeps on giving

I can kick myself for not watching this before now:

#7322 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerBall:

I can kick myself for not watching this before now:

His tutorial's are amazing, the MET one is equally great. I wish he'd do one for all the Stern games!

#7323 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s surprising to hear. I haven’t played the pro enough to know. But it seems like drains from walker magnet and bicycle girl bash toy would even out the benefit of walker bombs.
Is there something else that makes the pro harder?

#7324 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

That’s surprising to hear. I haven’t played the pro enough to know. But it seems like drains from walker magnet and bicycle girl bash toy would even out the benefit of walker bombs.

No. The Premium/LE is definitely drainier (the crossbow and steeper ramp also make it more of a challenge). but the Walker bombs help make up for it.

I have an LE at home but play Pros quite often as the game is really popular here on route and in some ways the Pro is more enjoyable because it isn't as brutal or drainy to play. If the Pro had a left spinner and Walker bombs I'd probably even prefer it.

#7325 5 years ago

As a recent premium owner I was very concerned about drains as a result of the premium features due to all the complaints on these boards. I ended up getting the pro and it didn't click.

I then said screw it I'll give the premium a chance drains be damned and I can tell you that at least for mine I've had 0....literally zero sdtm from prison and the welker MB maybe 1 or 2 if that. Point being don't be deterred from the drains to at least try it.

I absolutely love the premium and didn't like the pro....

#7326 5 years ago

Do Walker bombs have an Add-a-ball effect during multiball?

#7327 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

It’s all the the rules. Walker bombs are a HUGE advantage once you learn to use them effectively.

YMMV but my scores on the prem/LE absolutely crush my scores from the pro.

#7328 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Do Walker bombs have an Add-a-ball effect during multiball?

Nope. Just spot you the next shot you need.

#7329 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As a recent premium owner I was very concerned about drains as a result of the premium features due to all the complaints on these boards. I ended up getting the pro and it didn't click.
I then said screw it I'll give the premium a chance drains be damned and I can tell you that at least for mine I've had 0....literally zero sdtm from prison and the welker MB maybe 1 or 2 if that. Point being don't be deterred from the drains to at least try it.
I absolutely love the premium and didn't like the pro....

I was exactly the same... I owned the pro and it didn't click, too much is missing. Sure the well walker can screw you by whipping the ball into the outlanes, but that's the charm of magnets. If you have the chance, grab the premium/le.

#7330 5 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

I was exactly the same... the pro didn't click, too much is missing. Sure the well walker can screw you by whipping the ball into the outlanes, but that's the charm of magnets. If you have the chance, grab the premium/le.

Both games are amazing and you cant go wrong with either one. I know people that can afford the premium but they prefer the pro so they bought it instead of the premium. TWD is a very strong Pro model imo.

#7331 5 years ago

After playing a premium, I was convinced I couldnt miss out on the extras. And normally I'm a pro man.

But yes, both are awesome.

#7332 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

After playing a premium, I was convinced I couldnt miss out on the extras. And normally I'm a pro man.
But yes, both are awesome.

Borg always makes nice pro models seems like.

#7333 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've had this game for about 18 months; it's gonna take a few games

I'm getting closer and with factory settings for everything.

TWD Good Score (resized).jpgTWD Good Score (resized).jpg
#7334 5 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

I was exactly the same... I owned the pro and it didn't click, too much is missing. Sure the well walker can screw you by whipping the ball into the outlanes, but that's the charm of magnets. If you have the chance, grab the premium/le.

That's the kind of "charm" that would make me sell a machine lol.

#7335 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

That's the kind of "charm" that would make me sell a machine lol.

then never play iron man, lol... another amazing game!

#7336 5 years ago
20181127_195934 (resized).jpg20181127_195934 (resized).jpg
#7337 5 years ago

I now feel inadequate. Very nice score.

#7338 5 years ago

Thought I would upload some of the scores I put up this week - my new GC, cleaned and waxed the PF today, as well as changed the lower GI up for some red, which I think looks amazing, hit a pretty nice score after that too.

Screenshot 2018-12-22 at 21.18.44 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-12-22 at 21.18.44 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-12-22 at 21.19.17 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-12-22 at 21.19.17 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-12-22 at 21.19.30 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-12-22 at 21.19.30 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-12-22 at 21.19.36 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-12-22 at 21.19.36 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-12-22 at 21.19.44 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-12-22 at 21.19.44 (resized).png
#7339 5 years ago

After hundreds of games played, I finally reached Siege last night.
This game continues to challenge me and provide near-unobtainable challenges.
I loves it.

#7340 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

After hundreds of games played, I finally reached Siege last night.

When I had my LE right when the game was released I got to Siege several times but I bought a Pre in Jan 2018 and just can't get there, Horde a bunch of times, last man standing twice. Is there a setting to make that mode easier to achieve? This game has the best modes in all of pinball IMO, Horde, Bloodbath and from what I recall Siege was awesome.

#7341 5 years ago

Is there a trick to get to horse? The closest I’ve ever gotten was lighting 4 weapons.

#7342 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Is there a trick to get to horse? The closest I’ve ever gotten was lighting 4 weapons.

Getting ALL the weapons usually does the trick

#7343 5 years ago

Joined the club today. Never really played it before, looking forward to it.

20181222_161717 (resized).jpg20181222_161717 (resized).jpg
#7344 5 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Is there a trick to get to horse?

Neigh, no trick. Just play better. Learn all the ways to light your multi-kills and do those things.
"Make 2 shots in CDC
Make 2 shots in Riot
Make 2 shots in Tunnel
Make 2 (3?) shots in Arena
Make 3 (4?) shots in Barn
Finish CDC mode
Finish Tunnel mode
Complete 3 fish tanks (complete a tank, then hit the woodbury shot to re-qualify fish tank shots. They also re-qualify when you lose your ball)
10 drop target bank completions
Get 3 Well Walker jackpots
Get 4 prison multiball jackpots
Make 3 shots in Bicycle Girl (as of 1.41, you need not necessarily complete Bicycle Girl)
Score x combo’s
Score the bloodbath superjackpot."
(source: rules doc linked in the key post area of this thread: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XNUs8fgLOB2hVBBzcsgxDvdEuBbGhRuwSJdkkeo1Xv4/edit?usp=sharing )

#7345 5 years ago

Here’s my all time high on default settings. Was an absolutely insane game! This game will make you a better player all around!!! Can be insanely brutal but so rewarding when you blow it up!!

76560C68-70DB-4D18-AEDE-C878AAB9EBA8 (resized).jpeg76560C68-70DB-4D18-AEDE-C878AAB9EBA8 (resized).jpeg
#7346 5 years ago

I am sure it is more than two shots in CDC...

#7347 5 years ago

New to the club. Is there a rule list somewhere that explains the modes? I've watched a few vids but would like to read them.

#7348 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

New to the club. Is there a rule list somewhere that explains the modes? I've watched a few vids but would like to read them.

https://pintips.net/games/110

#7349 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is there a rule list somewhere that explains the modes?

Post 2893, linked in the topic index at the top of every page in this thread.

#7350 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I haven't read the rulesheet in that post, but I would also recommend reading the readme file on the code at Sterns website.
It helps understand the changes in the rules over time, as they have evolved and been tweaked, as well as just understand the rules. (And point values, somewhat)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 26.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/147 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.