IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 236.
#7251 5 years ago
Quoted from zephee:Curious. When the ball comes down from the pop bumpers I often wind up with the ball going perfectly straight down the middle. Anyone else get this?

I used this and it works great too if you aren't skilled at nudging.

https://www.pinballlife.com/iron-man-right-ramp-drain-fix.html

#7252 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Do you have any evidence to support this? How is 'the pulse' different? Does the code pulse the magnet a certain way if the animation completes and pulse it a different way if the flippers are activated? How did you determine how the pulse is implemented, and how it's different under certain circumstances?

When you don't flip during the animation, the magnet doesn't activate until the very end of the sequence, by then, sometimes the ball can already be moving down towards the flippers and avoid most of the power from the magnet. Pulsing early will start the lateral movement earlier and affect the ball more, while the ball still has more of a chance to avoid the centre.

#7253 5 years ago

My last card printed in chrome vinyl:

"The Walking Dead Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (STERN) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/The%20Walking%20Dead%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20Free%20Play%20print1.jpg
The Walking Dead Custom Pinball Card Free play print1.JPGThe Walking Dead Custom Pinball Card Free play print1.JPG
"The Walking Dead Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (STERN) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/The%20Walking%20Dead%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20Free%20Play%20print2.jpg
The Walking Dead Custom Pinball Card Free play print2.JPGThe Walking Dead Custom Pinball Card Free play print2.JPG
*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Original design by me can be checked here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/143#post-4673861

I hope you like!

Regards

#7254 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

When you don't flip during the animation, the magnet doesn't activate until the very end of the sequence, by then, sometimes the ball can already be moving down towards the flippers and avoid most of the power from the magnet. Pulsing early will start the lateral movement earlier and affect the ball more, while the ball still has more of a chance to avoid the centre.

I'm completely confused by your post. The magnet is activate while the ball is being held. Are you saying that the magnet pulses differently if the animation is interrupted? I don't see why pulsing 2 seconds early would have any difference on the movement of the ball. The only way it could work the way you're suggesting is that the code has a different pulse configuration if the animation is cut short, which makes no sense.

I've probably played TWD over a thousand times, if not more. Some machines are more susceptible to the STDM than others. For example, mine loves to throw it STDM. I don't care when you flip, it makes absolutely no difference at all. The only thing you can do on mine is give the game a wiggle to try and influence the position of the ball on the magnet before it releases.

On the other hand, the one at leagues threw the ball around like crazy and would only drain STDM maybe 1 out of 100 times. I'd pay money if mine worked like that one did.

#7255 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I don't see why pulsing 2 seconds early would have any difference on the movement of the ball.

I don't know what is happening when you skip the animation. Maybe it is the simple physical vibration changes how the ball sits. Maybe there is a complex timing issue causes by the fact that the pinball machine is a real-time system controlled by a single processor. They discover things they didn't know like the weak flipper issue on some spike machines being caused by overloading the bus.

I would love to see video from people with high SDTM rate (with and without double flipping for fun). I suspect core wear, core level, cleanliness, pitch, ball condition and type, all have a lot to do with this. But slow motion video of what the ball is doing would be much more useful then the current arguing back and forth about different experiences.

#7256 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I don't know what is happening when you skip the animation. Maybe it is the simple physical vibration changes how the ball sits. Maybe there is a complex timing issue causes by the fact that the pinball machine is a real-time system controlled by a single processor. They discover things they didn't know like the weak flipper issue on some spike machines being caused by overloading the bus.
I would love to see video from people with high SDTM rate (with and without double flipping for fun). I suspect core wear, core level, cleanliness, pitch, ball condition and type, all have a lot to do with this. But slow motion video of what the ball is doing would be much more useful then the current arguing back and forth about different experiences.

Yeah, didn't really want to debate what causes it, what the fix for it is, or who's right or who's wrong, just wanted to vent the one flaw that I've found with my particular game. I don't get drains out of the pops like others do, I keep my game cleaned and waxed regularly, pitched to my liking, with little (if any) side-to-side leveling difference. My game is set up as you would expect an enthusiast, home owner that likes nice things, to have it set up. There are times where my magnet is very lazy at slinging the ball left or right, but it's enough to angle it towards a flipper. Then there are times where the magnet just lets the ball go. Then there are times where it Rocket Raccoons the ball SDTM. As I've mentioned before, the Wolvie magnet on my XMLE flings the ball like a bat out of hell going this way and that. I would say 1/5 times, the ball is active out of the Prison magnet, even with all of the rituals that have been suggested in this thread. I would like to see if the magnet coil itself behaves in XMLE as it does in TWD. I'm not sure if the connections are the same, but I might do some testing to see.

#7257 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm completely confused by your post. The magnet is activate while the ball is being held. Are you saying that the magnet pulses differently if the animation is interrupted? I don't see why pulsing 2 seconds early would have any difference on the movement of the ball. The only way it could work the way you're suggesting is that the code has a different pulse configuration if the animation is cut short, which makes no sense.
I've probably played TWD over a thousand times, if not more. Some machines are more susceptible to the STDM than others. For example, mine loves to throw it STDM. I don't care when you flip, it makes absolutely no difference at all. The only thing you can do on mine is give the game a wiggle to try and influence the position of the ball on the magnet before it releases.
On the other hand, the one at leagues threw the ball around like crazy and would only drain STDM maybe 1 out of 100 times. I'd pay money if mine worked like that one did.

If you don't flip, there is a slight delay between the magnet dropping the ball and then the magnet pulsing. When you avoid that delay by flipping early, the ball has a much better chance of moving laterally because it has no downward momentum, like it would if you had waited. The magnet does not pulse while the ball is being held. It pulses after.

If your machine is just throwing it SDTM before the ball even leaves the core, it requires a hardware adjustment.

#7258 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

If you don't flip, there is a slight delay between the magnet dropping the ball and then the magnet pulsing. When you avoid that delay by flipping early, the ball has a much better chance of moving laterally because it has no downward momentum, like it would if you had waited. The magnet does not pulse while the ball is being held. It pulses after.

You're claiming the magnet turns off, then pulses ONLY if the animation isn't interrupted by flipping? That flipping causes pulsing immediately, without a delay that is present if the animation completes?
How did you determine this?

It seems unlikely flipping would make the magnet behave any different. More likely flipping simply ends the animation and the magnet does exactly what it would have done anyway, just sooner.

#7259 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You're claiming the magnet turns off, then pulses ONLY if the animation isn't interrupted by flipping? That flipping causes pulsing immediately, without a delay that is present if the animation completes?
How did you determine this?
It seems unlikely flipping would make the magnet behave any different. More likely flipping simply ends the animation and the magnet does exactly what it would have done anyway, just sooner.

Agree with what you are saying for sure, the same behaviour should be expected from a software standpoint.

Can't explain why my machine pulses at different rates after the magnet core is turned off. But watching the ball, when you flip early the ball is affected by the pulse well before it leaves the magnet core. If you don't flip, the ball drops straight down (for an admittedly short amount of time) before the pulse seems to affect the ball path... the ball is already dropping passed the bottom of the core before it changes direction, if it changes at all.

Probably just hardware/setup as the data seems split on whether flipping helps or not. Seems like it helps for some, but other machines are just mean bastards.

#7260 5 years ago

Back in the club, but this time with a premium!!! I had to get a premium after playing the one in the pinstadium booth at expo. Man, the premium has so much more than the pro. Love it!!

20181128_171639 (resized).jpg20181128_171639 (resized).jpg

#7262 5 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Back in the club, but this time with a premium!!! I had to get a premium after playing the one in the pinstadium booth at expo. Man, the premium has so much more than the pro. Love it!!
[quoted image]

Correct. I'm pro-pro person, and even I couldn't justify the things I'd be leaving on the table with a pro. I'm not saying the pro is bad, but I just love the extra features this time around.

#7263 5 years ago

I wouldn't say I 'regret' my pro purchase, but I do wish I'd gone premium, there was one in the same area (With the topper!). Price bump would have been about $1,200 more CDN, but in retrospect I should have done it.

#7264 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I wouldn't say I 'regret' my pro purchase, but I do wish I'd gone premium, there was one in the same area (With the topper!). Price bump would have been about $1,200 more CDN, but in retrospect I should have done it.

1200 wow you dropped the ball there lol. Premium is worth about 3000 more than pro in Canada.

#7265 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Correct. I'm pro-pro person, and even I couldn't justify the things I'd be leaving on the table with a pro. I'm not saying the pro is bad, but I just love the extra features this time around.

Im a pro-pro person too!

Usually the premium features are few and rarely implemented well. GOT premium ( I "upgraded" my first GOT pro a while back to a premium, never liked the "upgrades", and then sold it to get a pro back) for example its upper playfield adds almost nothing while you unfortunately gain a diverter linkage problem and while the light show is cool, its not worth it as the pro plays smother and faster. TWD felt stripped to me the first time I owned it, then I got to play a premium.... Now I know why it felt stripped.. because TWD pro IS stripped compared to the premium! Its night and day, best features added from pro to premium.. it just plays completely differently.

#7266 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

1200 wow you dropped the ball there lol. Premium is worth about 3000 more than pro in Canada.

Well, the pro I bought does have a colour dmd, powder coated armour and a shaker motor... I know that doesn't get me to the $1,800 but at the end of the day I have $1,200 more in my pocket and a pretty great pin.

#7267 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Well, the pro I bought does have a colour dmd, powder coated armour and a shaker motor... I know that doesn't get me to the $1,800 but at the end of the day I have $1,200 more in my pocket and a pretty great pin.

No doubt. Many prefer the pro anyhow, myself included.

#7268 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

+1 here.

#7269 5 years ago

+1 from malaga

#7270 5 years ago

+1 for the pro.
One of my favorite machines ever, even in the dflt high score table with my name, but wouldn't upgrade to a premium/le.
The pro just shoots so good.

I did install the stern topper this week

#7271 5 years ago

Once every couple of months my insert lights go out and I have to wiggle the 2 wire connector on the center light board to get everything to work again. I know I've read about this problem in the past but does anyone know if there is an upgraded connector to purchase that would hold its connection better?

I've hot glued it and that didn't help.

#7272 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

+1 from Holland

#7273 5 years ago

I have a pro also. I wanted the premium but could only afford the pro at the time I purchased. I have never seen or played a premium so I guess I can’t miss something I have never tried.

BTW I love the pro.

#7274 5 years ago

+1 for the PRO

#7275 5 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Once every couple of months my insert lights go out and I have to wiggle the 2 wire connector on the center light board to get everything to work again. I know I've read about this problem in the past but does anyone know if there is an upgraded connector to purchase that would hold its connection better?
I've hot glued it and that didn't help.

Replace the IDC connector at with a Molex connector. The IDC connector cuts through the insulation to touch the wire for the connection. But the Molex connector wraps around the stripped wire for a much higher capacity connection.

#7276 5 years ago

+5 for the Premium/LE
Yeah, there's a bunch of us all in the same town LOL

#7277 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Replace the IDC connector at with a Molex connector. The IDC connector cuts through the insulation to touch the wire for the connection. But the Molex connector wraps around the stripped wire for a much higher capacity connection.

Do I need the .062 or the .093 terminals? Also, can somebody link me to the 2 pin molex connector I need?

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 1.31.23 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-11-30 at 1.31.23 PM (resized).png
#7278 5 years ago

My pushbutton on the top of the machine doesn't work that well. For auto plunge it works almost every time but for the crossbow, I can hit it sometimes 2 or 3 times before it will launch the ball.
Just wondering what the fix would be. Should I try bending the bottom switch upwards so that when the button is pushed, it will strike the switch earlier? If so, what's the best way to get at the switch?
Sorry for the noob question.
Great game!

#7279 5 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

My pushbutton on the top of the machine doesn't work that well. For auto plunge it works almost every time but for the crossbow, I can hit it sometimes 2 or 3 times before it will launch the ball.
Just wondering what the fix would be. Should I try bending the bottom switch upwards so that when the button is pushed, it will strike the switch earlier? If so, what's the best way to get at the switch?
Great game!

The game code doesn’t allow the crossbow to be fired until it has moved a certain amount. Since it works for the launch button I am assuming you’re pressing it too early. See what happens if you wait for the crossbow to be on the way back to fire it.

#7280 5 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

Great game!

Go to switch tests and see how the button works. If needed you can bend the leaf blade, fine to do that just make sure it is needed.

#7281 5 years ago

I'm having an occasional problem with my Woodbury drop target. Sometimes when the ball is plunged into the shooter lane, that drop target falls by itself. Has anyone had this same issue? It seems very secure on the ledge that the drop target sits upon... is it possible the mini coil is activating when the shooter lane coil activates, or is it just a case of vibrations making it drop?

#7282 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm having an occasional problem with my Woodbury drop target. Sometimes when the ball is plunged into the shooter lane, that drop target falls by itself. Has anyone had this same issue? It seems very secure on the ledge that the drop target sits upon... is it possible the mini coil is activating when the shooter lane coil activates, or is it just a case of vibrations making it drop?

Funny, I am also having this problem, along with an over-active Well-Walker. That micro-switch has been super problematic on my machine. I played a 'normal' one on location and now I can't bear to play my machine until I get this fixed. But I am not a mech/tech guy. Anyone know if the two are on the same 'line'? Not sure if I even phrased that correct.

Great game when it works!

#7283 5 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Funny, I am also having this problem, along with an over-active Well-Walker. That micro-switch has been super problematic on my machine. I played a 'normal' one on location and now I can't bear to play my machine until I get this fixed. But I am not a mech/tech guy. Anyone know if the two are on the same 'line'? Not sure if I even phrased that correct.
Great game when it works!

Adjust your WW switch so it’s not as sensitive. Easy fix. Has nothing to do with the drop target. That issue most likely is the spring for the drop target.

#7284 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Does your drop target have a sticker on it? If it does, take it off. The thickness of the drop target can be enough to make the target prone to not staying up (hooked on the ledge).

#7285 5 years ago

funny (well... ) to read that not a pinball is playing like another one from the same model/series...

and also, small tweaks are generally enough to make a bad move becoming perfect : on mine, the walker head in the prison was giving something like 50% of the shots... just put a small piece of rubber there to make the contact shorter, and now its 100% registering, making this fun (not more frustrating) to aim for that shoot !

#7286 5 years ago

Gave my TWD premium some love today. Unboxed it new a little over 2 years ago.

New topper installed, thx Vbittnv for selling.
Lighted hinge blades installed while I was at it. Also posting a pic of my barn and tv that I put in a few months ago.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I installed Virelands colordmd gasket. Looks alot better without the gap. Glad I bought extras.

20181206_152312 (resized).jpg20181206_152312 (resized).jpg20181206_153050 (resized).jpg20181206_153050 (resized).jpg20181206_151751 (resized).jpg20181206_151751 (resized).jpg20181206_151739 (resized).jpg20181206_151739 (resized).jpg

#7287 5 years ago

I’M BACK IN THE CLUB !!!
Sold my Premium TWD December 2017 / just purchased a Limited Edition TWD this week !!!
Super happy to have this machine back home - Incredibly fun machine - one of my all time favorites.

4FBBC3AE-541B-44F7-AB2A-049D63C81DC8 (resized).jpeg4FBBC3AE-541B-44F7-AB2A-049D63C81DC8 (resized).jpeg
#7288 5 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

I’M BACK IN THE CLUB !!!
Sold my Premium TWD December 2017 / just purchased a Limited Edition TWD this week !!!
Super happy to have this machine back home - Incredibly fun machine - one of my all time favorites.[quoted image]

Welcome back, but your no stranger.

#7289 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Gave my TWD premium some love today. Unboxed it new a little over 2 years ago.
New topper installed, thx Vbittnv for selling.
Lighted hinge blades installed while I was at it. Also posting a pic of my barn and tv that I put in a few months ago.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice alien!

#7290 5 years ago

Thanks, and only her leg is showing!

Cool to see that you have joined the TWD club and are enjoying the game. Hope you find your Alien again at the right price.

#7292 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

The game code doesn’t allow the crossbow to be fired until it has moved a certain amount. Since it works for the launch button I am assuming you’re pressing it too early. See what happens if you wait for the crossbow to be on the way back to fire it.

chubtoad13:, thanks very much for the info. That was indeed my problem. Shooting too early with the crossbow. Much appreciated.

#7293 5 years ago

So, gave my well walker yesterday to friend Steigerpijp. The famous painter who also did my Sparky Hawai style.

Told him to do as he wishes as I am sure he will make something nice of it. Can’t wait to see what he comes up with !!

Did a test play without the wellwalker and ended up with a new grand champion score. Does the wellwalker influence me, am I afraid to be eaten?

3A129587-7E03-43D3-BC12-EE9346155994 (resized).jpeg3A129587-7E03-43D3-BC12-EE9346155994 (resized).jpegB8DE3490-AABC-495E-82EE-0BBA74F8BBB7 (resized).jpegB8DE3490-AABC-495E-82EE-0BBA74F8BBB7 (resized).jpeg
#7294 5 years ago

TWD prem and TSPP are on my radar right now for next game. I haven't played but only a handful of games on either. hmmm...
I haven't seen a single episode of TWD, but looks like that isn't necessary for understanding the pin.

#7295 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

TWD prem and TSPP are on my radar right now for next game. I haven't played but only a handful of games on either. hmmm...
I haven't seen a single episode of TWD, but looks like that isn't necessary for understanding the pin.

TWD pin is way better than the show.

The Simpsons tv show is(was) way better than TSPP

#7296 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

IMO you need zero knowledge of the comic's or TV show to enjoy the pinball... there is a fan made ROM for TWD that swaps out the default music and voice calls with clips from the show so I would suggest that would offer no additional value for you to bother chasing it down but it is quite well done.

#7297 5 years ago

I think the one I was looking at has the other code/callouts. What is a fair price for a prem Dead?

#7298 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Only seen a few episodes yet I absolutely love the game. Not necessary imo.

#7299 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I think the one I was looking at has the other code/callouts. What is a fair price for a prem Dead?

I believe they are going for right around 6k for a stock one these days.

#7300 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I believe they are going for right around 6k for a stock one these days.

+1, you'd be doing well to find one with the topper for that price, those seem to be asking at least original price, which I believe was $300-$400 if I'm not mistaken.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/146 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.