IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,802 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 237.
#7201 5 years ago

... and my "Crew" card printed:

"The Walking Dead Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/The%20Walking%20Dead%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20Crew%20print1.jpg
The Walking Dead Custom Pinball Card Crew print1.JPGThe Walking Dead Custom Pinball Card Crew print1.JPG
"The Walking Dead Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/The%20Walking%20Dead%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20Crew%20print2.jpg
The Walking Dead Custom Pinball Card Crew print2.JPGThe Walking Dead Custom Pinball Card Crew print2.JPG

If you want to check design details of my "Crew" card, here are some screenshots:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/142#post-4652705

I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#7202 5 years ago

All double flipping does is start the magnet pulse early. Per Borg, a quarter turn of the magnet worked for me.

#7203 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All double flipping does is start the magnet pulse early. Per Borg, a quarter turn of the magnet worked for me.

Isn't this just a simple science lesson - change the magnet orientation and the ball path will change? Not sure why folks that complain about SDTM haven't tried this. Many TWD do not suffer from this issue at all (like mine) but the one I used to play on location did it frequently - frustrating for sure.

#7204 5 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Isn't this just a simple science lesson - change the magnet orientation and the ball path will change?

We need someone to test this with a thin clear box and some iron shavings. Record it with a slo-motion camera and see if anything useful is learned.

Slide save works almost every time for me.

#7205 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

a quarter turn of the magnet worked for me.

Me too.Hardest bit is getting that damn nut loose so you can.

#7206 5 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Me too.Hardest bit is getting that damn nut loose so you can.

Yeah I had to use a big ass plumber wrench. Haha

#7207 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Any links to how to do this, I haven't removed or moved a magnet before? Don't you want to keep it flush with the playfield?

#7208 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Just double flip to pulse the magnet when the ball is being held. It rarely sends it SDTM if you pulse the magnet.

Not this shit again.

#7209 5 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Isn't this just a simple science lesson - change the magnet orientation and the ball path will change?

I don’t think it works like that. I believe the direction of the ball is determined by the pulse of the magnet and where the ball is in relation to the magnet when that happens.
For instance the magnet turns on, holds the ball in the center during the video sequence. Then the magnet turns off, the ball starts to fall off the magnet and it turns back on and off to pull the ball back up again.
Rotating the magnet 1/4 turn could work if the magnet is at a slight slant and that slant moves away from center from the turn. Otherwise I can’t understand why that would work.

#7210 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This also is snake oil. That's not how the magnet works. But if it makes you guys happy, then enjoy your placebos.

#7211 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Any links to how to do this, I haven't removed or moved a magnet before? Don't you want to keep it flush with the playfield?

Loosen the nut (1 1/8” wrench, or big ass pipe wrench lol) and then you can turn the magnet with a large flathead screwdriver. Then retighten the nut to lock the magnet in place.
It’ll raise and lower the magnet, so make sure when you reassemble it is flush to the playfield.

10A5DD01-C5D4-4E36-A9FD-05A504A79C66 (resized).jpeg10A5DD01-C5D4-4E36-A9FD-05A504A79C66 (resized).jpeg
#7212 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Lift playfield. There’s a huge nut that is under there that surrounds the magnet core. Take that off. Then just turn the core with a big flat head screwdriver a quarter turn right or left. It will still be flush with the playfield. Then put the nut back on.

#7213 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

This also is snake oil. That's not how the magnet works. But if it makes you guys happy, then enjoy your placebos.

I can’t explain to you how it worked for me, it just did. Went from 100% sdtm drains to zero. Guess I just got lucky.

#7214 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can’t explain to you how it worked for me, it just did. Went from 100% sdtm drains to zero. Guess I just got lucky.

Can you check the edges of your magnet to the playfield to see if it has a slight lean in any direction. Even if it’s flush, I imagine a very small lean could help the ball roll just enough to never send it STDM.

Also how do you turn the magnet 1/4 rotation without it making the magnet sunken or raised from the playfield?

#7215 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Can you check the edges of your magnet to the playfield to see if it has a slight lean in any direction. Even if it’s flush, I imagine a very small lean could help the ball roll just enough to never send it STDM.

Yep I’m sure that’s a possibility too.

Magnet cores are cheap too. I bet replacing it every couple thousand plays would help as well.

#7216 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Also how do you turn the magnet 1/4 rotation without it making the magnet sunken or raised from the playfield?

Thanks! LOL, I just looked and my biggest wrench or socket I have is 1 1/16 , what are the odds!

chuckwurt

I'm hoping to "get lucky" too!

#7217 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well that's two of us that got lucky.

#7218 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Not this shit again.

Oh look, it's the guy who knows everything about pinball again. How did that work out for you in the Iron Maiden thread? LMAO

Hint, it ended up with you apologizing for your "stupidity" because you are a "moron" and I was "absoultely right". You were "humbled" after finding out that I was correct, even after you told me that I was "literally wrong".

I'm still waiting for you to post a video (as you offered to do) where you proclaim your ignorance to the masses by misunderstanding how pinball works and then arguing about it like an asshole.

#7219 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Oh look, it's the guy who knows everything about pinball again. How did that work out for you in the Iron Maiden thread? LMAO
Hint, it ended up with you apologizing for your "stupidity" because you are a "moron" and I was "absoultely right". You were "humbled" after finding out that I was correct, even after you told me that I was "literally wrong".
I'm still waiting for you to post a video (as you offered to do) where you proclaim your ignorance to the masses by misunderstanding how pinball works and then arguing about it like an asshole.

I sure did apologize because I was wrong. Perhaps you could learn from that in this scenario? It pulses the same no matter if you wait out the animation or fast forward it.

As for the turning of the magnet core, if this is the case then why don't they do it at the factory? Sincere question.

Edit: why is it okay that this guy is making personal attacks here? I literally took the high road in an entirely different thread and he's being a fucking baby.

#7220 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

As for the turning of the magnet core, if this is the case then why don't they do it at the factory? Sincere question.

I think the magnet changes as the game breaks in.

#7221 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Not that this hasn't been beaten to death over the years but f*ck that SDTM drain from the Prison Magnet. Nothing worse than playing a helluva ball only to have the game drain you for no reason other than to be a b*tch. I'll take all the drains from all the bricked shots that I make but god damnit...
k...back to your regular programming...

My simple solution is to start slightly shimmying the machine left/right when the text shows up after the zombie gets whacked by the crowbar. The ball ends up getting released heading left or right and very rarely (like almost never) SDTM.

#7222 5 years ago

magnet works for me with the double flip.

#7223 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think the magnet changes as the game breaks in.

I agree with this assessment!

#7224 5 years ago

This morning my wife went Black Friday shopping and I decided to see if I could reduce the constant Prison Magnet SDTM shots on my TWD.

It took 8 different setups, but I think I got it. Unfortunately the solution is not universal and the cause and effect is unknown. Here’s the story anyway;

I wanted to see if rotating the magnet and/or having an slight pitch in any direction, had an effect on the ball. I made sure the game was leveled right to left. The pitch is as seen in the photos.

The baseline for how often the ball went STDM on my game was very high, 75% is a conservative estimate. If you didn’t make a move on the game, you were toast.

Attempt #1
Rotate the whole assembly 180 degrees.
Magnet is slightly high on the right.
Results:
4 SDTM out of 12. 6 out of 12 hit the very tip of either flipper and went down the middle.

Attempt #2
Rotate magnet 1/4 turn.
Magnet is slightly high in the back.
Results:
8 SDTM out of 8. Yikes

Attempt #3
Rotate the assembly 180 degrees.
Magnet is slightly low in the back.
Results:
0 SDTM out of 16. After 16 successful attempts in a row, I played a game and realized the ball wasn’t registering shots to the prison off the flipper.

Attempt #4
Raise core 1/8 turn, added washer under front right screw to level the magnet.
Results:
4 SDTM out of 4

Attempt #5
Remove washer
Magnet is high at 2 o clock.
Results:
7 SDTM out of 28.

Attempt #6
Rotate 180degrees
Results:
6 SDTM out of 24

Attempt #7
Raise the magnet 1/8 turn and add washers to the front 2 screws in an attempt to recreate #3 without as much hop.
Results:
Ball hops and doesn’t register prison hits

Attempt #8 Success!
Remove washers. Adjust the magnet back to level. The magnet is slightly high at 8 o clock.
Results:
SDTM 2 out of 35 and counting.

C74C756F-BC03-43F5-AAEC-90AA12042EC3 (resized).jpegC74C756F-BC03-43F5-AAEC-90AA12042EC3 (resized).jpeg
#7225 5 years ago

What happened when you replaced the magnet core?

#7226 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What happened when you replaced the magnet core?

Haha. I know my post was long and mostly useless info. I guess I just wanted to let people know it’s possible to make the prison magnet a lot better by adjusting it. (Even though it’s frustrating and can take many tries)
The game is so much more enjoyable when the drains are my fault.

Still @ only 2SDTM throws over 42 attempts!

#7227 5 years ago

Hi, Quick question.
Got my TWD Premium and installed the Cleland sound/voice mode right away before playing the original code.
Finding it hard to learn the rules etc.
Was wondering if the original callouts help you learn the game easier. Do the Cleland callouts take away valuable info needed while playing?

If so, I should probably install the original code and learn the game better and later on install the Cleland code.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you.

#7228 5 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

Hi, Quick question.
Got my TWD Premium and installed the Cleland sound/voice mode right away before playing the original code.
Was wondering if the original callouts help you learn the game easier. Do the Cleland callouts take away valuable info needed while playing?
If so, I should probably install the original code and learn the game better and later on install the Cleland code.
Thank you.

shoot the drops... then shoot them again... and again and again

then watch this stream:

#7229 5 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

Hi, Quick question.
Thank you.

no way
you will learn main rules of the game by just playing it... or why not, watch few videos first

#7230 5 years ago

If anyone's curious, this is what TWD Pro looks like with LED OCD:

Pretty sure delay is set to 1 in this example.

#7231 5 years ago
Quoted from roar:

shoot the drops... then shoot them again... and again and again
then watch this stream:

Thanks very much. That video was awesome. Much easier to understand now.

#7232 5 years ago

Can anyone pm me a link for the cleland code with the nine inch nail and slayer tied in for the pro??

Thanks for any help you can provide

#7233 5 years ago

Yesterday I installed my governor's fish tank topper
The game awarded me because I got to play Siege together with Terminus.
Both very fine modes, and damn Siege has some very nice effects and sounds.
Too bad bicycle girl kicked in too I bricked terminus but completed Siege on the next ball. Thank god it carries over.

#7234 5 years ago

Didn't think I'd spark a whole magnet string again! I've done it all, rotated the core, rotated the magnet, double flip (yes, at the right time), alternate flips, a sacrificial goat, it's all chance.

Some days the magnet barely pulses but it's just enough to move the ball one way or the other. Other days, I swear I can hear the game say "f*ck you HAHAHAHAHA" then proceed to push the ball SDTM. I think it's purely in coding, because I'm sure i've heard Lyman mention something in an interview somewhere about this problem (i think it was in the video with Nate Shivers??)

I have an XMLE and the Wolverine magnet ALWAYS throws the ball around, never a straight drop down. I don't think it has anything to do with hardware. I think it needs to be programmed to pulse and throw. At least have a setting that has Prison Magnet low, med, high so that way you can choose to get screwed or not. Or a 1 sec ball save. TNA has like a .8 sec ball save when it comes flying out of the scoop for SDTM drains.

#7235 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've done it all, rotated the core, rotated the magnet, double flip (yes, at the right time), alternate flips, a sacrificial goat, it's all chance.

Be interested to hear what happens when you replace the core.

#7236 5 years ago

Did you guys try to set your game a little steeper? So the ball hangs more on the magnet?
Mine hardly goes stdm and actively throws the ball around, sometimes registering a prison hit, i even had two hits once.

My guess is, the steeper the game, the faster the ball goes away from the magnet core between the pulse cycles, that way creating more momentum.

#7237 5 years ago

Is anyone able to get extra balls by hitting the tower? My tower awards an EB at 10 hits and then every 30 after. Like lol, yeah.... good luck with that.

#7238 5 years ago

I had yesterday... I focus on the shot, especially during multiballs. I often play Horde focusing on it too (next to my regular shot).
It's mostly the extra ball I need to reach LMS.

#7239 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Is anyone able to get extra balls by hitting the tower? My tower awards an EB at 10 hits and then every 30 after. Like lol, yeah.... good luck with that.

I have NEVER gotten this EB awarded. It's impossible

#7240 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Be interested to hear what happens when you replace the core.

I really dont think it's a hardware issue.

#7241 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm thinking that the only thing that would explain the differences between machines would be 1) hardware and/or 2) setup. We are running the same code (at least I hope everyone's updated). I know others have chimed in and add me to the list to say that I have almost no stmd drains from the prison magnet. I would venture to say maybe like 1 in 50 at most and possibly even better than that. I really feel for you and the rest who have this issues because it would frustrate me to no end.

#7242 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Software would mean its 100% the same behavior for everyone right?

#7243 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I'm thinking that the only thing that would explain the differences between machines would be 1) hardware and/or 2) setup. We are running the same code (at least I hope everyone's updated). I know others have chimed in and add me to the list to say that I have almost no stmd drains from the prison magnet. I would venture to say maybe like 1 in 50 at most and possibly even better than that. I really feel for you and the rest who have this issues because it would frustrate me to no end.

When I share my experience, as a tournament player, I'm not just talking about my own machine either. I have played dozens of TWDs, all over the northeast (Toronto, Cleveland, Buffalo, NYC, Pittsburgh). None of them have prison magnet drains as bad as what is being described in this thread.

I know this may sound harsh, but I do believe that player skill is factoring in here as well. Weaker players will miss a lot more savable balls, and consider them to be unsavable magnet drains.

#7244 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

When I share my experience, as a tournament player, I'm not just talking about my own machine either. I have played dozens of TWDs, all over the northeast (Toronto, Cleveland, Buffalo, NYC, Pittsburgh). None of them have prison magnet drains as bad as what is being described in this thread.
I know this may sound harsh, but I do believe that player skill is factoring in here as well. Weaker players will miss a lot more savable balls, and consider them to be unsavable magnet drains.

I’m no slouch. At all. The game I had at home was 100% sdtm from the magnet. Straight up and down like a rocket to the drain.

Even if there was no tilt rod in the game and it was on pinskates, you’d probably still not be able to save it.

#7245 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m no slouch. At all. The game I had at home was 100% sdtm from the magnet. Straight up and down like a rocket to the drain.
Even if there was no tilt rod in the game and it was on pinskates, you’d probably still not be able to save it.

Yeah I know, seen you play, I'm sure your machine required an adjustment.

But it's like the 'drain out of the pops' thing, skill level is a big factor. Along with setup.

Edit: To clarify I'm not saying that people are making this up. Some (all?) machines need adjusting to play correctly, but pulsing early via double flip will always be a part of the solution as it starts the side to side movement earlier.

#7246 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

pulsing early via double flip will always be a part of the solution as it starts the side to side movement earlier.

Do you have any evidence to support this? How is 'the pulse' different? Does the code pulse the magnet a certain way if the animation completes and pulse it a different way if the flippers are activated? How did you determine how the pulse is implemented, and how it's different under certain circumstances?

#7247 5 years ago

Curious. When the ball comes down from the pop bumpers I often wind up with the ball going perfectly straight down the middle. Anyone else get this?

#7248 5 years ago
Quoted from zephee:

Curious. When the ball comes down from the pop bumpers I often wind up with the ball going perfectly straight down the middle. Anyone else get this?

Yep. Need to get REALLY good at nudging so that the ball bumps off the guide to the the left of the right ramp so that it feeds the left flipper.

Make sure the game is leaning a tad to the right first though.

#7249 5 years ago

Jesus, just watched McSirTuna's full tutorial on Buffalo Pinball... I've been so ignorant about so many things! This game really is the gift that keeps on giving

#7250 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Jesus, just watched McSirTuna's full tutorial on Buffalo Pinball... I've been so ignorant about so many things! This game really is the gift that keeps on giving

I’ve only watched two of his tutorials... TWD and MET, both are amazing! If I owned more games I’d watch more of his tutorial

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 8.95
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,802 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/145?hl=jamesuk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.