Topic Stats

• 8,844 posts
  • 585 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 200 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,490 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200224_201011 (resized).jpg
TWD.Warm.White.GI.jpg (resized).jpg
20200131_171516 (resized).jpg
20200131_171524 (resized).jpg
20200116_174106 (resized).jpg
093A15C4-6171-43C2-A97F-76640B8CF68E (resized).jpeg
20200116_143425 (resized).jpg
032 (resized).jpg
009 (resized).jpg
014 (resized).jpg
005 (resized).jpg
013 (resized).jpg
004 (resized).jpg
011 (resized).jpg
008 (resized).jpg
024 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8844 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 177.
#6851 1 year ago

Thought I would start here before posting on the main forum... I purchased an older new flipper fidelity speaker kit for my TWD pro. The site says it is compatible with TWD but the power connector and other wires have me confused. Here is what is behind the speaker panel and what the Flipper Fidelity kit has... any advice on how to connect and replace my speakers (I haven’t even looked at the 8” sub yet as I got puzzled with these...

25D8B059-2829-4E30-8D85-14E2F6DDA009 (resized).jpeg45183A40-0233-41F1-A6A4-2E0808B66160 (resized).jpeg

7C090F77-F80A-4B66-902E-6E199EB6EEAC (resized).jpeg925F0FF3-AAC7-424D-9A58-63BD16830450 (resized).jpegA03AA3E0-CF01-4BE1-A10E-24D6EC94640F (resized).jpeg
#6852 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Got 420M on my first ball last night then have extra ball left, and of course ball 2 and 3, and end d the game at 440M! Turned it off and just walked out... What a ball buster!
Lately I can't seem to get more than 40-50 kills. My record is 89, but seems like this LMS mode is never going to happen.
The game just has too many side drains to ever imagine getting to it.

You have been talking about excessive side drains in one way or another since you got your TWD. I think it's about time you get the YOYOKOPTER mod.

#6853 1 year ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

anyone have problems with balls double stacking in the trough? I've always used pbl ooh shinys without issue but I'm wondering if its simply magnetized balls or something else. Never had issue with same balls in taf or gnr in the past. Changed out the balls but same problem. Should i buy different balls or could something else be happening?

Most likely magnetized balls.

#6854 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Bricks:

You have been talking about excessive side drains in one way or another since you got your TWD. I think it's about time you get the YOYOKOPTER mod.

Nope... Going to get to this damn wizard mode and then flip this game for a MET!

#6855 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Nope... Going to get to this damn wizard mode and then flip this game for a MET!

Haha, man. If you think these wizard modes are hard, good luck with Metallica.

#6856 1 year ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Haha, man. If you think these wizard modes are hard, good luck with Metallica.

Meh. Everyone says that LOTR is the toughest, but I've been three DTR shots away from Valinor.

With TWD, I can get Horde almost every game, but strangely, I always have a ridiculously low number of walker kills.

#6857 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Surely it's not just about getting the wizard mode. You need to get it and complete it! That's why this game is so great, last man standing is hard and completing it is near impossible.

#6858 1 year ago

The best thing about walking dead is... you need to focus on everything. It is so balanced.
Weapons/multikills (from modes, from multiballs, ..) bring you to Horde but also give you a higher walker kill count because the yellow ones are doubled! Playing modes good gives you higher multikill values, higher horde values, higher terminus values, ...
Higher walker kills gives you higher crossbow values.

To get to last man standing you need modes and multiballs. You need bloodbath so you need the drop targets. Drops giving you modes, timer extended in modes, ... everything blends in together so nicely

And reaching last man standing is one thing, completing it.. I have it on my todo list.

#6859 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Meh. Everyone says that LOTR is the toughest, but I've been three DTR shots away from Valinor.

Game setup is a huge factor. Your LOTR outlane posts were closed. That's a massive difference, and I wouldn't put any stock into getting close to Valinor on an easy playing LOTR.

#6860 1 year ago
Quoted from Maken:

Game setup is a huge factor. Your LOTR outlane posts were closed. That's a massive difference, and I wouldn't put any stock into getting close to Valinor on an easy playing LOTR.

I moved the post to default and almost did it again, so telling someone not to feel good about achieving something on their game is pretty petty.

I get it, you're highly competitive, and when i told you that i almost hit Valinor the first time, you reply had nothing in the way of congratulations, and everything about how my game is probably set up easy.

If you want to dedicate loads of your time to being a top pinball player, then all the power to you. But don't discount others highlights because it isn't up to par with your standards.

Pinball is supposed to be fun before it's competitive, and everyone plays at different levels.

I started about a year ago. I've had LOTR for about 3 months, and to get a few shots away from Valinor a couple of times if a pretty cool thing to me... It doesn't have to be to you.

Play pinball. Smile a little.

#6861 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Pinball is supposed to be fun

Word. I have all of my games set to Extra Easy and 5 ball. I'm not very good and this is the most fun for me and anyone else who plays them. I have reached Medley Multi-ball once on Aerosmith, been one shot away from Horde on Walking Dead, reached Demolition Time once on Demo Man, and haven't even got close to Crypt Jam on Tales From The Crypt. To each his own with their games, they are GAMES, HAVE FUN!!!

#6862 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

I moved the post to default and almost did it again, so telling someone not to feel good about achieving something on their game is pretty petty.
I get it, you're highly competitive, and when i told you that i almost hit Valinor the first time, you reply had nothing in the way of congratulations, and everything about how my game is probably set up easy.
If you want to dedicate loads of your time to being a top pinball player, then all the power to you. But don't discount others highlights because it isn't up to par with your standards.
Pinball is supposed to be fun before it's competitive, and everyone plays at different levels.
I started about a year ago. I've had LOTR for about 3 months, and to get a few shots away from Valinor a couple of times if a pretty cool thing to me... It doesn't have to be to you.
Play pinball. Smile a little.

Cool. Not going to derail a club thread.

#6863 1 year ago

Are there other extra balls to be earned aside from the default of 5 and 60 walker kills?

#6864 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Are there other extra balls to be earned aside from the default of 5 and 60 walker kills?

Pretty sure there is someone that you can get to after you earn a ton of the blood bath supply sets

#6865 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

In standard rules I also think you light extra ball for ten tower hits, and it might be a possible Woodbury award after you hit it enough times/win a few other awards first. Not totally sure on that last one though.

#6866 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Collecting ten LIT tower hits gets you one as well.

#6867 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Collecting ten LIT tower hits gets you one as well.

How do you light towers?

#6868 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

How do you light towers?

The stand ups on either side of the prison. This also starts 2x pf when collecting the tower shot.

#6869 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The stand ups on either side of the prison. This also starts 2x pf when collecting the tower shot.

So hittung the targets light up tower, then make Riot shot to collect?

Do that 10 times for extra ball?

Any other extra balls outside of the 5/60 walker kills?

#6870 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

So hittung the targets light up tower, then make Riot shot to collect?

Do that 10 times for extra ball?

yes.

#6871 1 year ago

When you shoot the woodberry shot it gives you multiple awards to choose from for hitting the proceeding skill shot. The more times you successfully make the skill shot the better the awards become. After 2 or 3 successful attempts Light Extra Ball is one of the awards you can choose.

#6872 1 year ago
Quoted from rawbars:

When you shoot the woodberry shot it gives you multiple awards to choose from for hitting the proceeding skill shot. The more times you successfully make the skill shot the better the awards become. After 2 or 3 successful attempts Light Extra Ball is one of the awards you can choose.

How do you even light Woodbury? I know i usually get it 1-2 times per game, but never really paid much attention to it since the rewards are piddly.

#6873 1 year ago

By shooting the arena ramp 3 times. But 1 time at the beginning of a game.

#6874 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

By shooting the arena ramp 3 times. But 1 time at the beginning of a game.

So lighting Woodbury 3 times awards a EB?

#6875 1 year ago

Not lighting it 3 times, but when collecting the award by the 3rd one eb should be one of the awards you can go for.

#6876 1 year ago

I have a premium with a drop target in front of that shot. I guess the pro doesn’t have a drop target so it may be a slightly different process to get set up for the skill shot.

I used to think the Woodbury skill shot in middle of a game was kind of a throw away. But if you can complete it enough times the awards get better And eventually you can choose to light extra ball.

On my machine I always set the award to be collected on the farthest lane. Usually a hard plunge drops in that lane. Sometimes it will bounce out and go down first lane. But for the most part it’s a pretty consistent way for me to earn another extra ball.

#6877 1 year ago
Quoted from rawbars:

The awards are lit by completing the fish tank at the right ramp, then shooting Woodbury. Factory default is two heads of three are completed at game start so one right ramp shot lights Woodbury. Subsequent Woodburys are lit by shooting the right ramp three times. If you watch Bowen's The Walking Dead (Pro) tutorial you'll see several of the available awards, I don't recall where extra ball shows up but it may be in there somewhere.

#6878 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

So lighting Woodbury 3 times awards a EB?

You must light the skill shot (Woodbury) and make it to advance to the better awards.

#6879 1 year ago

488M on the very first ball... 500M as the final score! GTFO!

#6880 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

488M on the very first ball... 500M as the final score! GTFO!

Sounds like my games but change the 4 to a 1. Then drain the last two balls. Every time I seem to get something lite and action going I drain. Dead feature lite, drain. Well Walker MB lite, drain. Extra ball lite, drain. Good thing I have other pins to play when it %#@* me off.

#6881 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Sounds like my games but change the 4 to a 1. Then drain the last two balls. Every time I seem to get something lite and action going I drain. Dead feature lite, drain. Well Walker MB lite, drain. Extra ball lite, drain. Good thing I have other pins to play when it %#@* me off.

Haha I hear ya.

This has to be the most brutal game I've ever played. I had 45 walker kills on that first ball and started feeling like it might be the LMS game.

Ya right!

#6882 1 year ago

Got Seige for the first time tonight. No spoilers but wow that mode is my favourite on TWD. I wish it was easier achieved so I could play the mode more often.

When I first achieve any mode for the first time I always lose the ball in excitement. Was stoked to not only start it but finished it. This pin is very, very good!

(Edit) forgot to mention there is no high score for Seige? Bit weird seeing the pin has high scores for everything....walkers, combo champ, BG, dead modes, terminus, bloodbath etc

#6883 1 year ago

Here's a link to the rulesheet. it's for 1.60 but it's helpful.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/58#post-3202060

#6884 1 year ago

I just added the Carl Hat Flasher dome cover to my Pinside Shop. Also available at Mezelmods ($19).

Photo_2018-08-25_07-48-27_AM (resized).png
#6885 1 year ago

So proud. Made it to hord and did for the first time decent in Horde. What a game

EB927CA6-2E22-4B30-B6BB-DC9967EE2799 (resized).jpeg
#6886 1 year ago

Looking for closest sound hook up for 1.6

Here's a modified cleland sound package. 30% show sounds / 70% factory scripted.
v1.56 LE/Prem Only
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8bjh1m3eis1e2pf/TWD156LE_SKB.BIN?dl=0

I have been slacking and finally updated to 1.6. What would be the closest sound package to above? This one was perfect for me.
Thanks,
Mike

#6887 1 year ago

I need this game

#6888 1 year ago

So, a one dollar DIY external volume controle mod

Soldered to the keypad. 20 Minute Job.

Turn up the walkers

082190EE-7A7F-43DF-BCC2-6037B5D16702 (resized).jpegE71DB2D6-C3F4-41A5-A48B-1C0C0D548B40 (resized).jpegEC6EC400-7C0B-4976-975E-205BF91D9E74 (resized).jpeg
#6889 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So, a one dollar DIY external volume controle mod
Soldered to the keypad. 20 Minute Job.
Turn up the walkers
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any shots of where you soldered those wires to on the keypad? Would love to do this on my MET.

#6890 1 year ago

Getting closer...

Does LMS start once you reach 115, or do you have to hit Woodbury to do it?

MVIMG_20180829_175344 (resized).jpg
#6891 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Does LMS start once you reach 115, or do you have to hit Woodbury to do it?

Woodbury to start.
I had LMS and Horde both lit at the same time once, and missed and drained. I so wanted to see what it would've awarded.

#6892 1 year ago
Quoted from Lemank:

I need this game

Yes, yes you do. It’s a great game and glad I jumped at the opportunity to buy a used one when.

#6893 1 year ago
Quoted from Lemank:

I need this game

Truer words were never spoken.

#6894 1 year ago
Quoted from roar:

Any shots of where you soldered those wires to on the keypad? Would love to do this on my MET.

Just put them parallel to the buttons on the keypad.

Used switch: ebay.com link

You will need the file of an edge of the switch to make it fit.

77B701A6-7F81-499F-9318-4934B947DD59 (resized).jpeg79931E20-5C78-422A-849C-38AF398CF47B (resized).jpeg80266094-1F70-49F0-AC3A-4AD252170A88 (resized).jpeg
#6895 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So proud. Made it to hord and did for the first time decent in Horde. What a game
[quoted image]

not bad Rens
2 days ago, last time i played mine, got 3 good games in a row, which it never happends before !!! 1.3B, 600M & 400M

(see you soon in Drunen... )

#6896 1 year ago

300M on first ball and You end with only 400M and miss the chance to start Horde

Damn

#6897 1 year ago

Ok. A little show off

#6898 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Ok. A little show off

I like your tower and did one myself. Thanks for idea. I put a spot light on my tower and wired it to the "TOWER" insert on pf. When you light tower on pf spot light comes on and stays on until you get 2X pf or drain. I'll try to video (show off) soon. I also did a custom topper with lights. Not finished in this pic. Will show that also, soon.

20180809_134535 (resized).jpg20180812_131413 (resized).jpg
#6899 1 year ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Ok. A little show off

Also great idea with volume control. With a $1.00 part. Sweet

#6900 1 year ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

any advice on how to connect and replace my speakers

Just checking if you figured this out. I can take pictures of my pin if you need it after work. I put their speakers in wi the huge sub they sell. Great mod! Plus I installed their remote volume control on the coin door. Not sure if you ordered that as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cortland, NY
$ 19.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 8844 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 177.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside