IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 236.
#6751 5 years ago
Quoted from evanc:

What is a good general strategy for me to go for as a beginner player on the machine?

Concentrate on the drop targets. They light the mode, start Blood Bath, and add a ball (twice) during Blood Bath.

#6752 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Concentrate on having a mode/multiball/horde going at once.

I'm thinking you mean blood bath as opposed to horde. The only thing you can bring into Horde is an X.

The best mode to stack with any multiball and/or blood bath is Riot. It's a switch based mode, so most of the times I'll just let the balls drain so they end up in the pops again.

Also, proper use of your X is key in this game if you want to put up crazy scores.

#6753 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm thinking you mean blood bath as opposed to horde. The only thing you can bring into Horde is an X.
The best mode to stack with any multiball and/or blood bath is Riot. It's a switch based mode, so most of the times I'll just let the balls drain so they end up in the pops again.
Also, proper use of your X is key in this game if you want to put up crazy scores.

Whoops! Fixed.

#6754 5 years ago
Quoted from evanc:

I'm definitely not a good player... What is a good general strategy for me to go for...

just sell that machine, and go for another pin

#6755 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm a new owner, what does the X do? How do you light it?

#6756 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

X is lit on an inlane when you kill a zombie. It multiplies the next shot by the X value. The more zombies you kill the higher your X value is. You can move it from one inlane to the other, so you can decide how high to make it and when to use it. Once you drain the ball that X is gone, so you need to know what’s worth using it on and balance that risk vs reward.

#6757 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

A link to the rules document is at the top of every page in the thread.
Factory settings give you one X multiplier for every two zombies killed (by shooting lit zombie inserts.) Also available as a Woodbury award after a few completions of the fishtank. You roll over the lit X at the inlane and your next shot is multiplied by whatever your X is. The "X Champion" high score will give details about how it was earned. It can be doubled if you have 2x playfield running.

#6758 5 years ago

Awesome thanks.

#6759 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Watch McSirTuna go through the whole machine - INVALUABLE!

#6760 5 years ago

I have been so excited for this day to come. I searched out someone to make me a custom TWD topper. Matt Baehr, [email protected], did not disappoint! After some time discussing possible ways to go about this we landed on a Super Zombie. This is not a plastic topper, it is hand molded with a silicone mask over foam. This is the first of it's kind from as far as I know. Matt is more then happy to make more if you so wish, $350 including S&H.

TWD topper 1 (resized).jpgTWD topper 1 (resized).jpgTWD topper 2 (resized).jpgTWD topper 2 (resized).jpgTWD topper 3 (resized).jpgTWD topper 3 (resized).jpgTWD topper 4 (resized).jpgTWD topper 4 (resized).jpgTWD topper 5 (resized).jpgTWD topper 5 (resized).jpgTWD topper 6 (resized).jpgTWD topper 6 (resized).jpg
#6761 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Watch mcsirtuna go through the whole machine - INVALUABLE!

This is truly the best tutorial I have ever seen for any game, long, but well worth watching if you want to understand what is a pretty complex game.

#6762 5 years ago

I recently joined the club, but I wasn't a big fan of the music. It’s not terrible, but I quickly grew tired of hearing the main theme... Anyway, I spent a good amount of time these past two weeks making a proper sound replacement for the game. The replacement music is taken from the Hotline Miami series and pretty much every track has been replaced except for Escape Terminus and Horde.

If you’re a big fan of the “dark” soundtrack of the original code or some of the other replacement packs, this might not be for you. There’s a mix of foreboding songs and a couple of more upbeat tracks, though they’re far from “cheery.” My goal was to make the songs fit their respective modes, and I think (hope) I did a good job with that.

I'm very happy with the way it turned out, but if anyone has any suggestions on how I could make it better, please let me know and I’ll work on those improvements as soon as possible. Links to both the Pro and Premium/LE code are at the end of this post.

Thanks!

Here are the list of song changes:

Arena -> Sexualizer

Barn -> Le Perv

Bicycle -> Burning Coals

Bloodbath -> Vengeance

CDC -> In the Face of Evil

Crossbow Shot -> Release

Game Over -> Dust

Main (1st ball) -> Crystals

Main (after 1st ball) -> Knock Knock

Prison Multiball -> Inner Animal

Prison Yard -> Divide

Riot -> Roller Mobster

Shooter Lane -> Release (intro)

Tunnel -> Future Club

Well Walker Multiball -> Technoir

Well Walker Mode -> Run

Woodbury Shot -> Quixotic

Additional Notes:
- HLM fans will notice that I'm missing Hydrogen… It felt too out of place for any mode in the pin, so I took it out.
- I originally used Cleland’s version of the code to keep his callouts, but I actually plan on integrating custom callouts sometime in the near future (based on Telltale’s TWD). So, right now, I’m sticking with the original callouts and sound effects.
- I would recommend setting music attenuation to -10 (higher music volume) and the speech to 5 (lower speech volume)
- Thanks for reading this mess – I worked hard on it.

Toy's Miami Mix
Pro (v1.60) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZR2usmUsrzNH1WXnO4PLGGB_7KVjEE63/view
LE/Premium (v1.60) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VJ0LDuo1B3ALfEXVokbnuA1lkH235kKp/view

#6763 5 years ago

Last night I had all 6 weapons lit to reach horde for the second time since I’ve owned this game and couldn’t sink the Woodbury shot! My heart was beating like hell the entire time the horde insert was flashing.

I drained out...yelled a string of curse words and hit the start button again!!!

Damn this game is good

#6764 5 years ago

MULTIKILL!!!!

#6765 5 years ago
Quoted from toymin80r:

I spent a good amount of time these past two weeks making a proper sound replacement

Thanks, I'll check it out! Do you know what resolution these audio files end up? I'm curious from and 'audio guy' perspective.

#6766 5 years ago

Unfortunately, there's a ton of compression done to the final audio tracks when they're imported via Pinball Browser. I created the loops using the 32-bit stereo files from the official Hotline Miami soundtracks (sampled at 44100 Hz) and they end up as 16-bit mono files (sampled at 24000 Hz). The dynamic range is noticeably reduced in the final audio. Both the highs and lows are pushed heavily towards the mids, but I'm pretty sure this is a limitation of the SAM system itself and not the Pinball Browser. With that said, I think most people won't notice the difference between the imported tracks and the original files unless they heard them side-by-side.

#6767 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

This is truly the best tutorial I have ever seen for any game, long, but well worth watching if you want to understand what is a pretty complex game.

I just finished watching. I can't wait to play my next game. I seen quite a few thing to help my game and feel as if I can double my score. Of course TWD will try to keep me down. That was better that lame movie that I watched the night before. How It Ends

#6768 5 years ago

Does a shaker motor have a lot of use in this game. Trying to figure out if buying one would be worth it.

#6769 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Does a shaker motor have a lot of use in this game. Trying to figure out if buying one would be worth it.

I'll let someone else answer that because I sell them. ebay.com link: The Walking Dead Pinball Machine Stern SAM System Games Shaker Motor Kit Rev B

#6770 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Nice collection you have. I have TWD Pro and shaker motor is great for game. I just put shaker in my Mustang Premium and it's like stern put very little code in game for shaker. That's why they didn't get a capital "S".

#6771 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

I have a premium, the shaker in the settings can be set to to light,medium, and heavy use. If you do, I recommend the Stern shaker at Pinball Life. I have Cointaker and do not like it. It comes on when you hit an orbit shot during multi- ball. Also, during all the modes, if, you keep the ball in play.

#6772 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

I feel that a shaker is a part of pinball and should be in anything coded for one. My Pro has the Stern shaker and I can't imagine the game without it. It's like the machine is fighting back!

#6773 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I feel that a shaker is a part of pinball and should be in anything coded for one. My Pro has the Stern shaker and I can't imagine the game without it. It's like the machine is fighting back!

I agree, you are fighting zombies...the game is supposed to fight back not sit there and take the knife to the head. Preferably with a shaker and not by sending the ball straight to the left outlane...

#6774 5 years ago

Hey @setzkor, you're from Woodbury?!

#6775 5 years ago

Indeed, the Welcome to Woodbury sign was a must have!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6776 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

I love the shaker in mine and I don’t like them in most games.
It feels like zombies are in the cabinet

#6777 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

2 things that are a must for this game -> shaker & a subwoofer

#6778 5 years ago

Quick question,two of the three screws on the R/H prison door external hinge, fell out of my pin. I found one screw up at the pop bumpers, the other one went to never never land I'd guess. So small, didn't notice if one was missing when I bought the game. Does stern or someone sell replacement doors? Not finding them on pinball life or marco. I was thinking of just maybe filling the screw hole with resin and putting the screw back in since the plastic is obviously stripped out.

Thank you,
Jason

#6779 5 years ago

Do you mean these screws? There isn’t any plastic there that could strip so I’m confused

Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Quick question,two of the three screws on the R/H prison door external hinge, fell out of my pin. I found one screw up at the pop bumpers, the other one went to never never land I'd guess. So small, didn't notice if one was missing when I bought the game. Does stern or someone sell replacement doors? Not finding them on pinball life or marco. I was thinking of just maybe filling the screw hole with resin and putting the screw back in since the plastic is obviously stripped out.
Thank you,
Jason

FED27E08-EE18-4BC3-BC41-DAA423276570 (resized).jpegFED27E08-EE18-4BC3-BC41-DAA423276570 (resized).jpeg
#6780 5 years ago

Yes that’s them, I was thinking the door was plastic and the screws stripped out. Maybe just lock tight then??

#6781 5 years ago

Think the metal
May be stripped.

#6782 5 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Yes that’s them, I was thinking the door was plastic and the screws stripped out. Maybe just lock tight then??

I would try to find replacement screws at a hardware store. If the post is stripped, run a tap through it and it’ll be as good as new.

#6783 5 years ago

I’ll see what i can find. Would be nice though to have new doors.

#6784 5 years ago

Threads are likely in the rotating post and not on the door itself.

Since they get bashed and opened a lot, the prob just worked themselves loose. You aren’t going to strip three screws simultaneously.

Us a little locktite.

#6785 5 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Think the metal
May be stripped.

It was probably cross threaded at some point. Take the screw to a hardware store and find a tap that has the same thread as the screw.
If you’re unfamiliar with tapping a hole they look like this. You can use a hand tap or a drill to put new threads in the post.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6786 5 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Threads are likely in the rotating post and not on the door itself.
Since they get bashed and opened a lot, the prob just worked themselves loose. You aren’t going to strip three screws simultaneously.
Us a little locktite.

This is correct the threads are in the post not in the door

#6787 5 years ago

Ok. After looking with a magnifying glass, eyes getting old , the one screw I found was stripped out. Gonna try to find a replacement. The most lower screw was backing out of the Rh door. Put some medium strength loctite on to keep it in place. Must be the 10”sub working it’s magic on backing these screws out!

#6788 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

If the post is stripped, run a tap through it and it’ll be as good as new.

If the post is really stripped a tap will do nothing since the metal that used to be the threads is no longer there. A Helicoil or similar thread repair kit might work. http://www.helicoil.in/

Probably easier to replace the post at that point. Can you even get to the right hand screw holes to repair them without removing the post?

#6789 5 years ago

Helicoils are ok it certain situations, but if it is indeed stripped beyond hope, I’d just assume replace the post if they are available. Or use good old fashion JB weld

#6790 5 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

...if it is indeed stripped beyond hope, I’d just assume replace the post if they are available.

The pro manual doesn't have the part number but the LE manual says it's 530-7851-00 Door shaft on page 97 of the .pdf from Stern. That page also makes it appear that the post is secured with an e-ring and is easily replaceable. Page 93 of the .pdf says the screws are 4-40 x ?1/8 (blurry) black.

HingePost (resized).pngHingePost (resized).png
#6791 5 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Quick question,two of the three screws on the R/H prison door external hinge...

read your post, check mine, and 1 is missing on the down left... quite sure all these were there when get the pin

#6792 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

are 4-40 x ?1/8 (blurry) black

Thanks for the help! Now just need to find/order new screws and possibly a new post.

Jason

#6793 5 years ago

All of the sudden I can no longer divert balls into my crossbow. The yellow light blinks all game and never seems to register.
When I run the "ramp magnet diverter" test while rolling a ball down the ramp it successfully grabs the ball and diverts to crossbow.
Any ideas?

#6794 5 years ago
Quoted from zephee:

All of the sudden I can no longer divert balls into my crossbow. The yellow light blinks all game and never seems to register.
When I run the "ramp magnet diverter" test while rolling a ball down the ramp it successfully grabs the ball and diverts to crossbow.
Any ideas?

Try active switch test and throw a ball around the whole ramp to see if the other switches activate how they are supposed to. I’m not sure but they might need to be triggered in sequence to turn the magnet on

#6795 5 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get this translite? I'm also looking for the Stern fish tank topper, is it unobtanium at this point?

dead (resized).jpgdead (resized).jpg
#6796 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Does anyone know where I can get this translite? I'm also looking for the Stern fish tank topper, is it unobtanium at this point?

You can try the following, they're overseas, and shipping may take awhile:

https://www.pinballwizard.nl/contents/en-us/d1193_The_Walking_Dead_stern_pinball_parts.html

#6797 5 years ago

Is there an official mod for this Prison Zombie-Head Lighting?

#6798 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Try active switch test and throw a ball around the whole ramp to see if the other switches activate how they are supposed to. I’m not sure but they might need to be triggered in sequence to turn the magnet on

So I have tested the switches and everything seems to work just fine so long as the ball is rolling very slowly. It seems that the magnet is just weak ?

Is this something that needs replacing?

#6799 5 years ago
Quoted from zephee:

So I have tested the switches and everything seems to work just fine so long as the ball is rolling very slowly. It seems that the magnet is just weak ?

The lower screw holding the magnet to the ramp on mine has a bit of a slot instead of hole, probably to bring the magnet closer to the balls normal path.
I would try adjusting yours to be closer to the ball, if possible.

#6800 5 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

[quoted image]

There are 2 more versions of alternate translights currently on EBay. The fish tank topper is a tough one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/136?hl=zephee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.