IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 236.
#6701 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

where can I download the code cleland?thanks

The links below should be directly to the posts where Cleland's most up to date LE and Pro codes are posted. You can choose between R-rated and PG-rated versions. There are also other versions throughout that thread where guys have taken the Cleland call outs and added some other music variations to some of the modes, like Nine Inch Nails, Slayer, Radiohead, and maybe some others. Check out the entire thread to see if any of those interest you.

Be sure to send Cleland a donation for his hard and amazing work!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/22#post-4343927

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/22#post-4340291

#6702 5 years ago

What is the difference between the versions?

#6703 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

What is the difference between the versions?

R-rated has more curse words and would not be as "family friendly as the PG-rated.

#6704 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

R-rated has more curse words and would not be as "family friendly as the PG-rated.

I've heard some sayings from the. R-rated that I was glad I was alone.

#6705 5 years ago

If you have kids or children playing for sure don’t get the R rated sound package, sometimes it even catches me off guard. My friends that watch the show love it. Excited to try the evil dead package next.

#6706 5 years ago

Yeah, it really uses some words from the show which are not really for young children. As an adult fan of the show they are fine with me though

#6707 5 years ago

I know a lot of people say that wizard modes for LOTR, MET, and Simpsons are among the most difficult to reach, but to me it feels like TWD is even harder (can't speak to Simpsons, as I've barely played it).

I've been a few shots away from Valinor, I'm pretty sure with a lot of time in I could possibly get to EOTL, but getting 115 walker kills in TWD seems impossible. My best is 74, and that is a game with two Hordes, Terminus, and just a lot of really good control.

Thoughts?

#6708 5 years ago

for me it is the best machine in history ... haha

#6709 5 years ago

now I never play x-men or iron man ... hahaha

#6710 5 years ago

Just thought I’d throw up a picture of my Walking Dead since machines with no legs are all the rage these days! .

All the armor is off to be powder coated by Robert Stone.

18CA264F-974A-49F6-BF2A-55C54E72A571 (resized).jpeg18CA264F-974A-49F6-BF2A-55C54E72A571 (resized).jpeg

#6711 5 years ago

Man. The shaker is used a lot in this game. Bought an after market shaker which is a little to wild for my feeling, especially when used so often. Reminds me of my roadshow

I ordered the PW controller as suggested in another thread. Can tell you that changing the resistor value also helps but the tunabolity of the PW is interesting and as I am going on holiday anyway deltime is not an issue.

Does anybody recognize the brand of shaker. Was bought in europe but could be a Pinball life shaker or ...? It comes with a cover by the way.

01FC4573-DD23-40D6-BDF6-550F477C4374 (resized).jpeg01FC4573-DD23-40D6-BDF6-550F477C4374 (resized).jpeg
#6713 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I know a lot of people say that wizard modes for LOTR, MET, and Simpsons are among the most difficult to reach, but to me it feels like TWD is even harder (can't speak to Simpsons, as I've barely played it).
I've been a few shots away from Valinor, I'm pretty sure with a lot of time in I could possibly get to EOTL, but getting 115 walker kills in TWD seems impossible. My best is 74, and that is a game with two Hordes, Terminus, and just a lot of really good control.
Thoughts?

Listen to them.

#6714 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Listen to them.

So LMS isn't one of the hardest?

#6715 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thoughts?

I owned LOTR and never even sniffed Valinor. I currently own TSPP and I don't know what's required for Super Duper Extreme Wizard Mode. I've owned MET since it was released, and I've completed 4 CIU modes a handful of times, so I foresee this as a possibility. I've owned TWD for less than a year, and my highest walker kill is 91. I did this with a drop target registering intermittently, which means I wasn't able to qualify multi-kills through mode completions. I see this as the easiest to reach out of the four mentioned

In order of difficulty:

1. Valinor
2. Super Duper Mega Extreme Wizard Mode
3. EOTL
4. LMS

#6716 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I owned LOTR and never even sniffed Valinor. I currently own TSPP and I don't know what's required for Super Duper Extreme Wizard Mode. I've owned MET since it was released, and I've completed 4 CIU modes a handful of times, so I foresee this as a possibility. I've owned TWD for less than a year, and my highest walker kill is 91. I did this with a drop target registering intermittently, which means I wasn't able to qualify multi-kills through mode completions. I see this as the easiest to reach out of the four mentioned
In order of difficulty:
1. Valinor
3. EOTL
4. LMS

Interesting order. I feel like I've been much closer to Valinor than TWD and I've owned both of them now for about 3 months.

I've had 6 gifts collected, with only two levels of ROTK to finish in order to enter DTR and go for Valinor. To me at least, that seems closer to the goal than 74 walker kills in TWD.

The reason I find TWD to be exceptional hard, is that it's hard to control the ball. So if I see a multi-kill shot flashing, I know that going for it put me in danger. In LOTR, I feel like if I'm having a good game, I can pick my shots and recover from misses pretty regularly.

Haven't put enough time into MET to comment, and I think I've played TSPP three times in total.

#6717 5 years ago

"The reason I find TWD to be exceptional hard, is that it's hard to control the ball. So if I see a multi-kill shot flashing, I know that going for it put me in danger. In LOTR, I feel like if I'm having a good game, I can pick my shots and recover from misses pretty regularly"

you've said it all
not because its hard to control the ball on TWD (you catch it quite the same as another pinball), but just because you have to make some lateral shoots (mostly the targets), that make ball bouncing from left to right instead of going up/down, and with big outlanes, this is why TWD will kill you, even if the shoot was a good one and not a missed one

not saying going to valinor is easy, but playing LOTR is easy, the gameplay is easy, you have no bad surprise in LOTR

#6718 5 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Looks like a Stern to me.

It’s not stern marked and the PCB says Anarchy. So no stern. Built quality looks good by the way.

#6719 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

It’s not stern marked and the PCB says Anarchy. So no stern. Built quality looks good by the way.

Sorry I just looked at the shaker itself. Looks like Stern and I don’t think they have any stern markings on them.

#6720 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So LMS isn't one of the hardest?

Not really. EOTL and LMS are relatively similar in terms of difficulty, with EOTL probably being a tad bit harder to reach. They are not easy by any means, but games like LOTR and TSPP are more difficult to reach as they require a myriad of complex goals to qualify.

If you focus on Barn, CDC and the Well Walker, there's always a relatively safe zombie kill available. Just ignore Riot, Tunnel and Arena unless lit for multikill. You don't have to shoot the drop targets at all.

LMS, while difficult to reach, is not really in the same ballpark as WPT, TSPP, LOTR, WOZ, ACDC, DI, IMDN (maybe BBH?) and other notoriously difficult to reach final wizard modes.

Disclaimer: I am ranked in the top 300 and have been to LMS and Encore, but none of the others listed (yet!)

#6721 5 years ago

I'm sure the past 130+ pages this has already been done but for those with a pro, free time and a couple of dollars for resistors/leds this ain't too bad.

Video is terrible quality but shows it in action.

J6-1 Power, j6-2 head 1, j6-3 head 2 and j6-8 head 3.

#6722 5 years ago

Just ordered an EL panel for behind the heads and have it hooked to GI. How did you mount the leds? This as the backboard is flat mounted, you removed some wood?

#6723 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Just ordered an EL panel for behind the heads and have it hooked to GI. How did you mount the leds? This as the backboard is flat mounted, you removed some wood?

I would suggest using the flashers as all the code is already done and ready to work with game play and attract mode. GI will just stay on, the flashers work with each shot showing you how far or close you are to Woodbury.

I just used pcb breadboard. It's very thin and just 3m tapped to the top. No holes drilled, no wood removed.

Then just pinned a new Molex

20180704_140112 (resized).jpg20180704_140112 (resized).jpg
#6725 5 years ago

or you could just order this and have it done for you.

https://mezelmods.com/products/illuminated-fish-tank-walking-dead-pro

I took it a step further and added the fish tank and heads from the DVD boxset (same dimensions and head size of the stern premium/le fishtank/heads)
ebay.com link: The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Zombie Head Fish Tank Blu ray

Here is a writeup
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/106#post-4020617

Quoted from Rensh:

#6726 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Excited to try the evil dead package next

can you please post the link for this rom. Thanks

#6727 5 years ago

This picture is unfortunately not visible
Puzzled how you installed the board.

Was unaware of the fish tank from the dvd box. Search has begun.

#6728 5 years ago

Are you talking big about the mexelmod led board? It comes with directions on their site. Plugs into same connectors as the topper. I mounted the led Board under the fish tank with wide clear tape. The order of the leds is important. When you turn on the game the first 2 green leds under the tank from left to right will be on. One right ramp will complete the 3 heads the 3 leds will flash and all will be out for the next tank completion.

This is a really cool mod site since it’s controlled by the game in many events

Quoted from Rensh:

This picture is unfortunately not visible
Puzzled how you installed the board.
Was unaware of the fish tank from the dvd box. Search has begun.

#6729 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

or you could just order this and have it done for you.
https://mezelmods.com/products/illuminated-fish-tank-walking-dead-pro
I took it a step further and added the fish tank and heads from the DVD boxset (same dimensions and head size of the stern premium/le fishtank/heads)
ebay.com link » The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Zombie Head Fish Tank Blu Ray
Here is a writeup
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/106#post-4020617

Hey that's very cool. Will see if I can hunt down an old box set from eBay.

The mezelmod looks great for a plug n play approach. There is no difference in design apart from mezel using ribbon cable piggyback. I've soldered, crimped and pinned a new connector. Either way being in NZ it's a saving of $100 to have the same thing and the enjoyment of making my own.

#6730 5 years ago

It’s this picture I am missing

6BBB5728-32AD-44AC-B257-AF3B60FE3AE0 (resized).png6BBB5728-32AD-44AC-B257-AF3B60FE3AE0 (resized).png
#6731 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Just thought I’d throw up a picture of my Walking Dead since machines with no legs are all the rage these days! .
All the armor is off to be powder coated by Robert Stone.

One of the first Low Riders. You can sale any bar stools you own.
Is your Dead Walking yet?

#6732 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

In order of difficulty:
1. Valinor
3. EOTL
4. LMS

I have had all 4 games since NIB and I would say TSPP is by far the hardest to reach. I have been one shot away from Valinor and I have completed both EOTL and LMS. Simpson’s really is impossible. I believe there are 6 items to complete. I have done all 6 but only 4 ever in the same game and that was only once.

Talking factory settings as that is how my games are set. But I do have a liberal tilt bob...

#6733 5 years ago

Might be joining this club soon....

#6734 5 years ago

HUO Premium in Michigan for sale $6300

#6735 5 years ago

Happy to join the club. Traded for a HUO premium this weekend. Had 255 plays on original 1.56 code before I updated to cleland's 1.60, looks brand new. My wife and I played it to death this weekend. I can't remember the last time I've had this much fun with a pin. We are both enamored!

First game after updating code I put up the GC with a 94 mil game. I thought, "huh, that was easy, I'll do that again" and haven't come close since I'm definitely not a great player so hopefully this forces me to get better! Now I'm in "mod mod mod" mode!

#6736 5 years ago
Quoted from evanc:

Happy to join the club. Traded for a HUO premium this weekend. Had 255 plays on original 1.56 code before I updated to cleland's 1.60, looks brand new. My wife and I played it to death this weekend. I can't remember the last time I've had this much fun with a pin. We are both enamored!
First game after updating code I put up the GC with a 94 mil game. I thought, "huh, that was easy, I'll do that again" and haven't come close since I'm definitely not a great player so hopefully this forces me to get better! Now I'm in "mod mod mod" mode!

TWD will definitely make your pinball skills improve because there’s no luck involved in putting up a good score on this game, you have to make the shots and they are tough. TWD is awesome, congrats on your new game!

#6737 5 years ago
Quoted from evanc:

Traded for a HUO premium this weekend. Had 255 plays on original 1.56 code

1.11 (October 2014) was the original code.
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/TWD-README_LE.TXT

#6738 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

TWD will definitely make your pinball skills improve because there’s no luck involved in putting up a good score on this game, you have to make the shots and they are tough. TWD is awesome, congrats on your new game!

Thanks!

Mfg date was 2-19-16, so I assume 1.56 was the original code it shipped with.

#6739 5 years ago

My friend has also a TwD to and he had a prison set. My luck is that you need to cut it in half in order to fit so 1 toyset makes 2 mods

A55D0016-329A-4A6C-9866-5F9621D7FDCF (resized).jpegA55D0016-329A-4A6C-9866-5F9621D7FDCF (resized).jpegB1F3719F-575B-499C-8C91-39CFF12AAC63 (resized).jpegB1F3719F-575B-499C-8C91-39CFF12AAC63 (resized).jpeg
#6740 5 years ago

I generally dont like over the top mods, but that one looks super cool!!

#6741 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

That does have that, must have it. Cool

#6742 5 years ago

Question for anyone with an LE or Premium: do balls ever fall out of your crossbow? Mine had worked perfect for two years, but now balls are falling out of the left part of the crossbow and draining. Renders the game rather unplayable. I feel like a part fell off my crossbow, but I've raised the playfield and don't see any shrapnel.

Any thoughts?

Cheers from Canada,

Winston.

#6743 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

IT was Made from this set

https://mcfarlane.com/toys/the-prison-tower-gate/

As you have to cut it vertical half you can make two of them. There is also a cheaper smaller set I believe with just the tower

#6744 5 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Question for anyone with an LE or Premium: do balls ever fall out of your crossbow? Mine had worked perfect for two years, but now balls are falling out of the left part of the crossbow and draining. Renders the game rather unplayable. I feel like a part fell off my crossbow, but I've raised the playfield and don't see any shrapnel.
Any thoughts?
Cheers from Canada,
Winston.

Winston, when I have issues like that, I usually pull out my phone and do a slow-mo video of it happening. A lot of times that will show me the gory details of exactly why something is happening. I use it when scoops bounce out, or any mech isn’t performing as it should. Sometimes something so simple as a part like the crossbow was loose and hanging down so the ball scraped the top of the lane guide and falls out. So go at it looking for the exact why like that, and it will usually bring you to what went wrong.

#6745 5 years ago

Added the Pingravings instruction cards. I think I saw them a couple pages back--in case anyone wants to see how they look on a game! Pictures are a little dark, sorry. I am loving the look! When he makes some for Batman 66 I will be adding those as well.

IMG_6635 (resized).JPGIMG_6635 (resized).JPGIMG_6636 (resized).JPGIMG_6636 (resized).JPGIMG_6637 (resized).JPGIMG_6637 (resized).JPGIMG_6638 (resized).JPGIMG_6638 (resized).JPG
#6746 5 years ago
Quoted from evanc:

Added the Pingravings instruction cards ...

Those look great. Thanks for the pics!

#6747 5 years ago

LMS finally... as all from factory settings since i bought it (including sensitive TILT), i've change yesterday the outlanes starposts with the B/W ones... its still open and eating balls, but much less as now i can battle this machine while having some chances

btw, will not post my score here

#6748 5 years ago

So, my friend finished yesterday his prison tower mod. Lights inserted. He even used some of the left over bricks to make a roof above the doors.

To the right you see an own made fish tank mod by the way.

3D0F2D80-54F5-4B46-89D8-FCF8B6D99C1F (resized).jpeg3D0F2D80-54F5-4B46-89D8-FCF8B6D99C1F (resized).jpeg52F82958-8E64-4B32-974F-E819781659D5 (resized).jpeg52F82958-8E64-4B32-974F-E819781659D5 (resized).jpeg
#6749 5 years ago

I'm definitely not a good player, but had my best game so far after having owned the game for a few weeks. Last night I put up 208 million. I got tunnel started, then well walker, then added blood bath. Finished ball 1 (w/extra ball) with 169mil and on ball 3 had prisoner multiball and barn for another 30mil or so. I ended up earning 4 weapons... I love this freakin game.

What is a good general strategy for me to go for as a beginner player on the machine? Would have loved to have reached horde. At the moment I'm still not quite sure which modes earn what weapons and what even to do to light the weapons!

#6750 5 years ago

The way you played that good game is what you want. Concentrate on having a mode/multiball/blood bath going at once. Then just by doing well in that stack you can get at least three weapons.

When you start bicycle girl, make sure you hit her three times. That’s another weapon.

Then do well in prison or a couple more modes, and that will get you your final couple weapons to light horde.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/135 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.