R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 236.
#6551 5 years ago

For those of you that made your own El wire fence mod, did anyone do a write up? How does the gutter guard attach to the machine? Which wire did you get and what ends to I need to attach it to the game?

#6552 5 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I stole the idea from another post buried somewhere in this thread. It’s kind of a pain in the ass to get the characters you want. Because a lot of them come in blind packs.
You have to build the little figures and they have a little U shaped clip on one foot that slips under a screw or bolt. All you gotta do is tighten them down. I did gorilla glue the figures together. Because airballs would occasionally take off a limb etc.

Pinball problems

#6553 5 years ago

Help, i’m trying to find the cleland code and instructions to put it in walking dead 1.60. Just got my premium from Cointaker in March and can’t stop playing it.

#6554 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Help, i’m trying to find the cleland code and instructions to put it in walking dead 1.60.

The key post index for the thread has a link to the alternate sound package thread. That's the best place to find alternate sound packages.

#6555 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Help, i’m trying to find the cleland code and instructions to put it in walking dead 1.60. Just got my premium from Cointaker in March and can’t stop playing it.

1. Download Cleland's BIN file here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-code-update-160/page/4#post-4107914

2. Place the BIN file on a freshly formatted thumbdrive - basically exactly what you would do for a ColorDMD ROM file upgrade.

3. Turn game off, move dip switch 8 to the left, turn game on and follow the instructions.

No need to turn the game off. Set dip switch 8 to left, hit the enter diagnostic button, the screen tells you to plug in the USB stick, do so. Then hit enter to update. - LTG : )™

4. Wait a good 20 minutes for the game to erase the current memory and install the new BIN file. Follow the prompts on the screen to return the game to normal mode once the code update is complete.

#6556 5 years ago

Sorry if this came up before but I just installed color DMD in my TWD pro. I am curious what mode everyone prefers. Typically I like the dotsXL. However I tried hires and did not really like but I put it in scan and I am finding I am liking that mode. Not sure what the difference is but for those of you that have experimented what mode do you prefer? If u have only tried one mode that doesn’t count.

#6557 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Sorry if this came up before but I just installed color DMD in my TWD pro. I am curious what mode everyone prefers. Typically I like the dotsXL. However I tried hires and did not really like but I put it in scan and I am finding I am liking that mode. Not sure what the difference is but for those of you that have experimented what mode do you prefer? If u have only tried one mode that doesn’t count.

DotsXL, a clear winner for me.

#6558 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

More
DotsXL, a clear winner for me.

Did you ever try the scan mode? Not sure what that is but the opening plunge graphic does not look good but the rest were looking pretty cool.

#6559 5 years ago

Had some family over last night and my brother-in-law wanted to play Pinball. I put my games on for him and he started with Medieval Madness. Said it was a fun game to play. Then he went over to Walking Dead and was like "what the hell is this???".

Hahaha... He couldn't believe how brutal it was but he kept playing it.

#6560 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Did you ever try the scan mode? Not sure what that is but the opening plunge graphic does not look good but the rest were looking pretty cool.

Yes, I just preferred DotsXL, though HiRes was OK.
All my games are set the same.

#6561 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

color DMD in my TWD pro.

That is my next purchase for my game as well. Didn't even realize there were different modes on the display setting, I installed one on my iron man, installed the update, and played, that's it. Will have to see if there is any difference in the look. Maybe the movie clips will look better in different modes?

I did put in Flipper Fidelity's speakers with their 10" sub! WOW, nice improvement. Really sounds like hitting a big barrel when you hit the well walker. Very satisfying mod, especially if you don't want to install a shaker, this does ok by it's own! All the new callouts with Rick and Negan sound even better!

Jason

speaker (resized).jpgspeaker (resized).jpgsubs (resized).jpgsubs (resized).jpg
#6562 5 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

That is my next purchase for my game as well. Didn't even realize there were different modes on the display setting, I installed one on my iron man, installed the update, and played, that's it. Will have to see if there is any difference in the look. Maybe the movie clips will look better in different modes?
I did put in Flipper Fidelity's speakers with their 10" sub! WOW, nice improvement. Really sounds like hitting a big barrel when you hit the well walker. Very satisfying mod, especially if you don't want to install a shaker, this does ok by it's own! All the new callouts with Rick and Negan sound even better!
Jason

I’ve been thinking of buying a 10” Polk sub for my game. Do you feel the sound quality from the backbox was drastically improved from this kit? If so I might just spend the extra $50-$60 and pick this up.

#6563 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

sound quality from the backbox was drastically improved

I think their speakers make just about every game a little clearer. My friends Avatar pin, with these speakers aloud him to notice new sounds that were in the game but the stock speakers never let them be heard. My STTNG has their speakers with a pinsound board and everything is crystal clear. On Walking dead, with the new TV show character call outs, every thing is clear and the bass is perfect. You can crank up the volume control as high as you want without distortion. Thankfully I don't live in an apartment because I like all may games loud, I also add the remote volume control option and put it in the coindoor. It is more or less a fader for more base to more highs. And their customer service is perfect.

#6564 5 years ago

Shaker is a must for this game. I'd get that first then upgrade speakers.

#6565 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Shaker is a must for this game. I'd get that first then upgrade speakers.

Agreed I love the shaker in my game

#6566 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Agreed I love the shaker in my game

What parts does it shake for?

I nudge this game so much, it's almost like a shaker!

#6567 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What parts does it shake for?
I nudge this game so much, it's almost like a shaker!

Shakes to a lot of features. My favorite is when it shakes to the beat in Horde mode.

#6568 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

1. Download Cleland's BIN file here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-walking-dead-code-update-160/page/4#post-4107914
2. Place the BIN file on a freshly formatted thumbdrive - basically exactly what you would do for a ColorDMD ROM file upgrade.
3. Turn game off, move dip switch 8 to the left, turn game on and follow the instructions.
No need to turn the game off. Set dip switch 8 to left, hit the enter diagnostic button, the screen tells you to plug in the USB stick, do so. Then hit enter to update. - LTG : )™
4. Wait a good 20 minutes for the game to erase the current memory and install the new BIN file. Follow the prompts on the screen to return the game to normal mode once the code update is complete.

When I extracted the file I got two .bin files... Which one do I use?

TWD160LE_CLELAND_R.BIN.cpgz 78.4 MB

And this...

TWD160LE_CLELAND_R.BIN 97 MB

I'd also like to have the R rated feature on.

Cheers.

#6569 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Shakes to a lot of features. My favorite is when it shakes to the beat in Horde mode.

That does sound pretty awesome. I'm going to do ColorDMD first, and then maybe look into it. What's installation like?

#6570 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

When I extracted the file I got two .bin files... Which one do I use?
TWD160LE_CLELAND_R.BIN.cpgz 78.4 MB
And this...
TWD160LE_CLELAND_R.BIN 97 MB
I'd also like to have the R rated feature on.
Cheers.

When you download the BIN file to your hard drive (there is only one file as shown by the photo below) you need to copy that one BIN file to a USB drive. I am not sure why you are trying to extract the BIN file.

I just successfully downloaded the R rated BIN file to my hard drive and copied it to a USB drive without any problems as a test.

Gord

Cleland_File (resized).jpgCleland_File (resized).jpg

#6571 5 years ago

Thought on color DMD for this game? is it a no brainer?

#6572 5 years ago

I have a shaker and colour dmd both are simple installs and add a lot of fun!

#6573 5 years ago

Are most people using the ColorDMD LCD display?

#6574 5 years ago

IMO LCD looks better with this game (and most games).

Quoted from Palmer:

Are most people using the ColorDMD LCD display?

#6575 5 years ago

The smoothing on the LCD looks great on this machine. I had it in the machine long before the color ROM was available.

#6576 5 years ago

I usually prefer Dot XL setting on color DMD. I prefer dots to the “smoothing”

#6577 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Absolutely. I've seen a lot of games with ColorDMDs and this one has the best dots of any that I've seen. Whoever colored it did a phenomenal job.

#6578 5 years ago

I usually prefer Dot XL setting on color DMD. I prefer dots to the “smoothing”

Down with smoothing! Ruiner of animations!

#6579 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

More
When you download the BIN file to your hard drive (there is only one file as shown by the photo below) you need to copy that one BIN file to a USB drive. I am not sure why you are trying to extract the BIN file.
I just successfully downloaded the R rated BIN file to my hard drive and copied it to a USB drive without any problems as a test.
Gord

I got those 2 for some reason after extracting.

#6580 5 years ago

There should be no extracting. The file from the link above should be the .bin. that goes directly to the machine.

#6581 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

More
I got those 2 for some reason after extracting.

Hey Riff,

Use TWD160_CLELAND_R.BIN BIN File 94,722kb.

Only one file should have downloaded.

Good luck mate!

#6582 5 years ago

We love ours. We have LCD version.

#6583 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

That does sound pretty awesome. I'm going to do ColorDMD first, and then maybe look into it. What's installation like?

If I remember right the shaker comes with a small board you screw into the cab - there are dimples in the wood to mark the spot. Should be 4 t nuts pre installed in the cab ready to accept the shaker.

#6584 5 years ago

Thanks guys got it working with SLAYERRRRR!

#6585 5 years ago

I'd like to add the railroad tracks mod to the top of my right return ramp. I've seen a couple versions on others machines, but can't seem to find one for sale. I did read that a couple had been "limited" by individual modders. Anyone have one for sale or can point me in the right direction to one for sale?

#6586 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I'd like to add the railroad tracks mod to the top of my right return ramp. I've seen a couple versions on others machines, but can't seem to find one for sale. I did read that a couple had been "limited" by individual modders. Anyone have one for sale or can point me in the right direction to one for sale?

I'm going to do mine. I have an old train set in attic that go around tree for Christmas and I'm sure it has flexible track in it. As soon as I can get up there and fine box, plus see if it's the right width I'll let you know. I'm extremely busy so it may take me another week.

#6587 5 years ago

yup, I'm the only guy that seems to buy LED though. Nice and bright but not so good when streaming, camera doesn't pick it up so well.

Here is my stream of the new code just after the released it.

#6588 5 years ago

Is it just me or is Siege hard as f$&k to get to? I can get to maybe 4 left..

#6589 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Is it just me or is Siege hard as f$&k to get to? I can get to maybe 4 left..

It's pretty tough, but you can continue your progress on subsequent Prison MB attempts. When I got to Siege it was not my first Prison MB attempt of the game.

During the first portion of Prison MB, just shoot the prison over and over - that seemed to help me beat the first part quickly, as the prison awards a lit arrow shot.

#6590 5 years ago

I picked up a pro a couple of months ago. Upgraded speakers in the back box, attached a power sub woofer. Both changes made a difference. Color LCD DMD with smoothing. A must on this game. Too many white LED's , so started replacing. some color in the inserts. Purple GI's. The Shaker will be next.

The code in this game is fantastic! It is definitely a drain monster but when you get it going. Really cool!

#6591 5 years ago

Wow, I had no idea you could continue with subsequent Prison MB attempts! I have never gotten to Siege since I could never get all 12 jackpots in a single Prison MB. Now I have hope! Thanks for the tip!

Quoted from Maken:

It's pretty tough, but you can continue your progress on subsequent Prison MB attempts. When I got to Siege it was not my first Prison MB attempt of the game.
During the first portion of Prison MB, just shoot the prison over and over - that seemed to help me beat the first part quickly, as the prison awards a lit arrow shot.

#6593 5 years ago

not sure if Lyman is here... but most surely you are... than hi from Belgium (and his nice EPC)

from my player POF, this game is already a masterpiece, i bought it mainly due to your code
but please, if you have just the time to add a small ball saver timer after the prison magnet, it would be very nice, as TWD is already a very hard game to play/master... and having the ball going perfectly SDTM is a real pain (in the a**), even more when pin is set-up with a very sensitive tilt

i know this has already been request, than tanx in advance

#6594 5 years ago

RipleYYY, Try holding both flippers the whole time ball is on magnet. I only get a SDTM about 1-20 times. Someone on here suggested it and it helps a lot.

#6595 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

RipleYYY, Try holding both flippers the whole time ball is on magnet. I only get a SDTM about 1-20 times. Someone on here suggested it and it helps a lot.

After games get dialed in and played a ton, even this just sends it sdtm. It caused a straight up and down throw of the magnet and goes sdtm. Playing with the magnet itself per Borg’s instruction is the only thing that fixed it for good on the one I had.

#6596 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

not sure if Lyman is here... but most surely you are... than hi from Belgium (and his nice EPC)
from my player POF, this game is already a masterpiece, i bought it mainly due to your code
but please, if you have just the time to add a small ball saver timer after the prison magnet, it would be very nice, as TWD is already a very hard game to play/master... and having the ball going perfectly SDTM is a real pain (in the a**), even more when pin is set-up with a very sensitive tilt
i know this has already been request, than tanx in advance

New owner here and what I've learnt to do is just flip the flippers and it never drains now.. Goes to the sides!

#6597 5 years ago

Everyone said double flip during the 2nd crow bar hit to the zombies head on the DMD. That usually works but sure enough during an intense game I have mistimed it and SDTM it goes. I have learned to give it a nudge.

#6598 5 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Everyone said double flip during the 2nd crow bar hit to the zombies head on the DMD. That usually works but sure enough during an intense game I have mistimed it and SDTM it goes. I have learned to give it a nudge.

Honestly it doesn’t matter when you do it. Hitting both flippers at the same time will pulse the magnet. Where it will go is a game by game thing.

#6599 5 years ago

tanx guys... i knew that of course
but it happends anyway

#6600 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tanx guys... i knew that of course
but it happends anyway

Did you try reorienting the magnet? I turned mine about a 1/4 turn one direction and it caused the pulse to start going sideways again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 16.00
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/132?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.