IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 236.
#6451 5 years ago

New to the game and just bought a pro. I have a question.

What are walker bombs? How do you get and use them?

I know the pro does not have them but just wanted to know what they were.

#6452 5 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

What are walker bombs? How do you get and use them?

Supplies
Gathering a full set of supplies progresses towards Blood Bath multiball. Each individual supply also awards the following:

FIRST AID - Completing the drop targets when “FIRST AID” is lit will permanently increase the value of the prison yard walkers for the remainder of the game. In the Premium/LE, also awards a “Prison Bomb” which can be used to advance 1 hit towards Prison Multiball or collect a jackpot in Prison Multiball.

WEAPONS - lights the Arena ramp for crossbow mode. In the Premium/LE, also awards a “Horde Bomb” which can be used to kill a walker in Horde.

FOOD - increases a shot multiplier for the well. The multiplier is awarded for any hit to the well (letter, well, well multiball), then reset. In the Premium/LE, also awards a “Well Walker Bomb” which can be used to advance 1 hit towards Well Multiball or collect a jackpot in Well Multiball.

You can build up multiple walker bombs. The color of the button indicates which one is ready to go. Red is weapons, blue is first aid, green is food.

The main strategic use for the bombs is to have one or two in hand and have prison or well walker MB one shot away then you can play free and loose until you drain. Then simply hit lockdown button to start your MB. Also having the weapons bombs for horde spots your zombie kills so if you drain and are a shot away from the next wave, the bombs keep you alive.

#6453 5 years ago

Great info.,thanks. I got the premium, never have read the manual. The manual is massive.

#6454 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Great info.,thanks. I got the premium, never have read the manual. The manual is massive.

I don’t imagine the manual tells you anything you find in this forum but I could be wrong.

#6455 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

The manual has very little about the rules. Come to Pinballz on a Tuesday @8pm and I'll make sure Tom or I teach you everything we know about The Walking Dead.

#6456 5 years ago

Is it just me, or does it seem like if you have this game set at 6.5 degrees (bubble between two lines) that it basically is non-stop draining down the sides.

I have played a few different machines, and they seem to be set steeper, and don't drain out of the side as much.

Just wanted to get some feedback on what you guys have done to make this game a little more playable. I've had some really good games, but it just seems to drain so much that stringing together a decent game is very rare.

#6457 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is it just me, or does it seem like if you have this game set at 6.5 degrees...it basically is non-stop draining down the sides.

If you want to reduce side drains on any table you have two main options. Making the game steeper is one, reducing sling sensitivity is the other.
Most modern tables have adjustable outline posts. Alternate thickness/hardness post rubber will also make nudging more effective. Experiment and see what you like best.

#6458 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If you want to reduce side drains on any table you have two main options. Making the game steeper is one, reducing sling sensitivity is the other.
Most modern tables have adjustable outline posts. Alternate thickness/hardness post rubber will also make nudging more effective. Experiment and see what you like best.

Wasn't aware the slings could be adjusted. Might give that a shot. Most of the side drains come right off the slings.

#6459 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Wasn't aware the slings could be adjusted. Might give that a shot. Most of the side drains come right off the slings.

Stresses me out so bad when I get a right slingshot to left out lane drain!!!!

#6460 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Wasn't aware the slings could be adjusted.

The adjustment could be changing the rubber, modifying the switch gap, or using a software option (I don't know if the SAM system has such an option.)

#6461 5 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Stresses me out so bad when I get a right slingshot to left out lane drain!!!!

I swear, at least once everytime I play this game, I flip it the finger, yell out some profanity, and then say I'm selling it.

To me the most frustrating part of this game is that the majority of balls that drop into the inner lane usually roll out to the drain.

#6462 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I swear, at least once everytime I play this game, I flip it the finger, yell out some profanity, and then say I'm selling it.
To me the most frustrating part of this game is that the majority of balls that drop into the inner lane usually roll out to the drain.

I know this well. I keep wondering if my playfield is warped at the outside edges because when it hits that post between the in and out lane even when it seems that natural physics should cause it to bouce to the inlane it bounces out...

#6463 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Lo sé bien Me sigo preguntando si mi campo de juego está combado en los bordes exteriores porque cuando golpea ese poste entre el carril de entrada y salida, incluso cuando parece que la física natural debería hacer que se incline hacia el interior, rebota ...

Jajajajajajajajajajajaj

#6464 5 years ago

The adjustment could be changing the rubber, modifying the switch gap, or using a software option (I don't know if the SAM system has such an option.)

It does.

#6465 5 years ago

Took a little break from work and had a game where I got to Horde and Terminus in the same game (my first time). I was one shot away from finishing Terminus, but of course, The Walking Drain did it to me again.

I have such a love hate relationship with this pin haha!

#6466 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I know this well. I keep wondering if my playfield is warped at the outside edges because when it hits that post between the in and out lane even when it seems that natural physics should cause it to bouce to the inlane it bounces out...

Yes how can the ball start down the inlane and then some how back up (go up hill) and go down the outlane. That's Just Not Right

#6467 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I have such a love hate relationship with this pin haha!

as evbd ! that's also why this pinball is really good

#6468 5 years ago

I took the rubber off the divider of the in lane out lane and the ball drops straight down now, but if it is going out it drops straight down as well, not easy to wiggle it and keep it from going out.

#6469 5 years ago

My best game ever. Have owned since Sept. 2016. Kind of embarrassing that I've not hit a billion yet...made the extra ball at the 60 walkers, which was fun. Enjoyed this game. Played Horde for only the 3rd time but only scored 18 million in it.

Had a premonition come over me as I stood over the pin that it was about to be a gooder. That ever happen to anyone?

IMG_20180523_1413301 (resized).jpgIMG_20180523_1413301 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180523_1413140 (resized).jpgIMG_20180523_1413140 (resized).jpg

#6470 5 years ago

It’s interesting how different a pro plays compared to Prem (I can’t speak for every game out there obviously) . We have a pro st work that I play almost every day. It’s brutal as hell, millions of center drains and just tough. 75k on that machine is a stellar score. Then in league we have a premium, so much more forgiving and in my opinion much more enjoyable because of that.

#6471 5 years ago

That's a setup issue, not a model difference. They do play differently, but not that differently.

Sounds like you need to level the one at work.

#6472 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

We have a pro st work that I play almost every day. It’s brutal as hell, ...75k on that machine is a stellar score.

You get over 75k from the plunge so unless you're missing the pop bumpers and both upper lanes AND managing to validate the playfield on all three balls without scoring it's impossible to score that low.

#6473 5 years ago

You get over 75k from the plunge so unless you're missing the pop bumpers and both upper lanes AND managing to validate the playfield on all three balls without scoring it's impossible to score that low.

I bet he means 75Mil

#6474 5 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

It’s interesting how different a pro plays compared to Prem (I can’t speak for every game out there obviously) . We have a pro st work that I play almost every day. It’s brutal as hell, millions of center drains and just tough. 75k on that machine is a stellar score. Then in league we have a premium, so much more forgiving and in my opinion much more enjoyable because of that.

I personally think the pro plays better because that left ramp is so damn rewarding to hit. I'm not a fan of the lifting ramp and bicycle girl.

Both games are tough as nails and make you want to leave the hobby sometimes!

#6475 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I personally think the pro plays better because that left ramp is so damn rewarding to hit. I'm not a fan of the lifting ramp and bicycle girl.

I figured out a soloution to the shitty lift ramp.
I dubbed it the Prem-O!

IMG_2165 (resized).JPGIMG_2165 (resized).JPG
IMG_2187 (resized).JPGIMG_2187 (resized).JPG

#6476 5 years ago

I’m in. Just brought this in a few days ago.

C12D3957-445B-4967-A539-830BF5B35C58 (resized).jpegC12D3957-445B-4967-A539-830BF5B35C58 (resized).jpeg

#6477 5 years ago

Michael Rooker (Merle) was at Phoenix Comic Fest today. The dude’s a hoot. He signed my translite, and mentioned that he has one in his house. He seemed like a really nice, funny guy.

So far, I’ve gotten it signed by him, Tom Payne (Jesus) and Denise Crosby (Mary). Hopefully, I’ll add more over the years. I’ve also got a bloodied up Lucile bat hanging over the game that’s signed by Steven Yeun (Glenn).

649F69EB-76D0-4A2A-817F-147341B34153 (resized).jpeg649F69EB-76D0-4A2A-817F-147341B34153 (resized).jpeg

#6478 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I bet he means 75Mil

75 million is a great score on every pro I've played. Here are one of our league stats. http://batcity.league.papa.org/stats?leagueId=1&latest=false&sections=header,jump,machineSummary,playersByMachine
521 league plays, 37 million average. Some top 1000 players averaging less than 20 million.

#6479 5 years ago

I want one so bad. Been dragging my feet on it for months. Was sure I was gonna do pro.... now not so sure.

#6480 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I want one so bad. Been dragging my feet on it for months. Was sure I was gonna do pro.... now not so sure.

My opinion is pro all the way. I mentioned before I sold my pro and had a great deal on an LE... however couldn’t stand the game play change with the left ramp. Also the stop and go with the crossbow... now got my pro back and smooth like butter. Flow flow flow!!

#6481 5 years ago

Can someone help me understand the difference between these two?

How many games have actually been played?

Is the higher number games started, and the other is games played all the way through?

I feel like I've played more than 80 ges, but definitely less than 600.

IMG_20180526_011051 (resized).jpgIMG_20180526_011051 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180526_011045 (resized).jpgIMG_20180526_011045 (resized).jpg

#6482 5 years ago

634 total games played.

82 free plays have been earned (i.e. matches, high scores).

#6483 5 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

634 total games played.
82 free plays have been earned (i.e. matches, high scores).

Yup, that should have been obvious to me haha.

Now, is that games fully played, or would game started and then restarter after the first or second ball also count?

#6484 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

would game started and then restarter after the first or second ball also count?

Yes. And Why are you doing this?

#6485 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Premium/LE is WAY cooler - The extra toys are great IMO and the game just has a much better feel to it.
I will be making more of the ramp flap extensions, which makes the BG ramp super smooth so no worries there.

Premium/LE has many advantages over the Pro:
- BG Lift Ramp changes the shot, so it's not the same old ramp shot constantly
- WW Magnet - extra magnet action
- 2 Spinners - add extra scoring, and it's just more fun to nail a spinner with sound effects
- Woodbury Drop Target - changes the shot - makes the shot feel better (not just an empty open hole all the time)
- Special GI lighting - extra cool effects programmed in -> way better atmosphere
- RGB inserts - add to the lighting effects
- Walker Bombs / Lock down bar button - another element added for cooler game play
- Cross Bow - IMO one of the best/coolest toys in pinball
--- it's fun to have contests for best Crossbow Frenzy
--- totally do not get the comments that the Crossbow hurts flow - the crossbow doesn't get engaged very often, so for the small % of time it does is a welcome break from the otherwise constant pressure of TWD
- IMO Cabinet Artwork rates LE > Pre > Pro

The premium just feels like the complete package. It has so many more things going on that interact with the player. The pro just doesn't feel anywhere near as immersive or engaging to me. Everything I just listed except cabinet art enhances the player immersion and interaction with the game. I don't think there is any other game that has as many game play / interactive upgrades going from a pro to a premium.

A lot of people have been hung up on the BG ramp being smoother on a pro. It is typically, but the ramp flap extension properly installed totally fixes that. Do yourself a BIG favor and go for the premium. TWD Premium/LE is the best Stern game ever!

#6486 5 years ago

I just got a Pro. I love the game and would like to upgrade to the premium. But I am more than happy with my pro.
The game is awesome no matter what version you get.

#6487 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

however couldn’t stand the game play change with the left ramp

Me either, that's why I installed the Pro ramp on my Premium, you keep all the flow, and the software compensates perfectly. I can even make the ramp with the crossbow!

IMG_2160 (resized).JPGIMG_2160 (resized).JPG

#6488 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. And Why are you doing this?

I'm pretty sure my B/W games show a separation between game started and games played.

So I guess this makes sense... I've had the game just over a month and was wondering how the hell I've played 600+ games.

Probably 400 restarts in that stat!

What causes most of the restarts is having a ball drop out of the tunnel exit after a ball save and go SDTM with zero chance of saving it.

Should it be this brutal? It happens pretty often.

#6489 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm pretty sure my B/W games show a separation between game started and games played.
So I guess this makes sense... I've had the game just over a month and was wondering how the hell I've played 600+ games.
Probably 400 restarts in that stat!
What causes most of the restarts is having a ball drop out of the tunnel exit after a ball save and go SDTM with zero chance of saving it.
Should it be this brutal? It happens pretty often.

You restart a game when this happens? Not judging, just curious. Do a lot of people do this? I have always set my games to "Never" on the game re-start setting, and I play everything out. Sometimes my goals and objectives change if I have a bad ball 1 and/or ball 2, but I would go insane deciding what criteria justified a re-start.

#6490 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

You restart a game when this happens? Not judging, just curious. Do a lot of people do this? I have always set my games to "Never" on the game re-start setting, and I play everything out. Sometimes my goals and objectives change if I have a bad ball 1 and/or ball 2, but I would go insane deciding what criteria justified a re-start.

When the ball drops out of the tunnel on your first ball right after the ball save it's pretty frustrating. I usually just restart and try it all over again.

My average ball time went from 0:21 to 1:20 and average score is 107M, so I'm doing decently.

#6491 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When the ball drops out of the tunnel on your first ball right after the ball save it's pretty frustrating. I usually just restart and try it all over again.
My average ball time went from 0:21 to 1:20 and average score is 107M, so I'm doing decently.

Your ball save should catch at least the first STDM drain after the first plunge into the pops. Timers stop when the balls are in the pops, so you wouldn't have lost it on your first plunge. Play it out, man.

If you see a lot of these, check side to side level. It happens to me maybe 10% of the time, if that.

#6492 5 years ago

Nudge better.

#6493 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Your ball save should catch at least the first STDM drain after the first plunge into the pops. Timers stop when the balls are in the pops, so you wouldn't have lost it on your first plunge. Play it out, man.
If you see a lot of these, check side to side level. It happens to me maybe 10% of the time, if that.

I don't restart when the ball save gives me another chance. It's when the ball does that cheap drain right after a ball save. It's weird because some machines seem to experience this cheap drainage much more than others. Not sure if that's a leveling issue or just a quirk of certain playfields.

I personally feel like if this part of the game had been thought out a little bit more and didn't cause such a disruption to the flow it could be a much better game.

#6494 5 years ago

So you've started flipping and it drains after a ball save. Then you definitely need to play it out! But it's your game, and my opinion is just that. Keep flippin'

PS. Most of the time, it's a setup/leveling issue. Check that both the front and the back are level, just to make sure.

#6495 5 years ago

Why level your game properly when you can just claim that the designer doesn't know what he is doing, lol.

#6496 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I don't restart when the ball save gives me another chance. It's when the ball does that cheap drain right after a ball save. It's weird because some machines seem to experience this cheap drainage much more than others. Not sure if that's a leveling issue or just a quirk of certain playfields.
I personally feel like if this part of the game had been thought out a little bit more and didn't cause such a disruption to the flow it could be a much better game.

Haha. Dude seriously just play better. And turn off the game restart setting.

Quoted from Damien:

zero chance of saving it.

Disagree. Learning to nudge effectively will help immensely

#6497 5 years ago

No matter how well the game is leveled you will still get the SDTM from the pops and with how much nudging this game requires most time you can’t spare a warning on a SDTM that shouldn’t happen and that’s what I find aggravating. Love the machine though

#6498 5 years ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

No matter how well the game is leveled you will still get the SDTM from the pops and with how much nudging this game requires most time you can’t spare a warning on a SDTM that shouldn’t happen and that’s what I find aggravating. Love the machine though

Then adjust the tilt to allow you to bump the ball off the guide without a warning. Tilt should allow you to nudge this in a home setting.

#6499 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. Dude seriously just play better. And turn off the game restart setting.

Disagree. Learning to nudge effectively will help immensely

Think I'm playing alright. And everyone will have a different feeling about a game. I find it a little too drainy at times, but overall I thoroughly enjoy it.

And IMO having the restart on is great. Everyone who plays here uses it too

#6500 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Think I'm playing alright. And everyone will have a different feeling about a game. I find it a little too drainy at times, but overall I thoroughly enjoy it.
And IMO having the restart on is great. Everyone who plays here uses it too

Damien you keep complaining about how unfair and brutal TWD is but you have been to Horde and other modes several times and your high score is really good the best that i recall so it sounds like your kicking its ass instead of the game kicking yours.

When the ball comes out of the pops my game rarely sends the ball SDTM but you can tell when its going to happen and you can absolutely nudge at just the right time and prevent the ball from draining between the flippers.

TWD is definitely harder than 99% of the games out there but it sounds like you are an above average player and are doing better than most people that play it. TWD is hard, its that simple.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/130 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.