IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 236.
#6351 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

If you are wanting help in the outlines, look in the market section for ball save, Walking Dead, helps a lot.

Not a bad idea, but not sure I'm wanting to change it up that much. I just thought that because there was a bit of a space, maybe I could move it down 1/16 of an inch.

#6352 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Not a bad idea, but not sure I'm wanting to change it up that much. I just thought that because there was a bit of a space, maybe I could move it down 1/16 of an inch.

You can. That's the whole purpose of that space.

#6353 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You can. That's the whole purpose of that space.

Hmmmmmm... Is it like WPC games? Just loosen nut underneath? At quick glance, it looked different.

#6354 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hmmmmmm... Is it like WPC games? Just loosen nut underneath? At quick glance, it looked different.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-best-way-to-adjust-outlane-posts

yoyokopter's mod is another option if you are particularly frustrated ...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00605-save-post-walking-dead-by-yoyokopter

#6355 5 years ago

I swear the LE I picked up a couple months ago has rubbers on the outlane post?

#6356 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I swear the LE I picked up a couple months ago has rubbers on the outlane post?

They all have rubbers on the outline posts.

#6357 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

They all have rubbers on the outline posts.

So I was right then about my LE

#6359 5 years ago

I don't understand this mod. Is it like a plug for the outlines, like in bowling? If so, that is insane to me that people would buy a Pinball machine only to artificially do better. Call me crazy.

PS: I love Belgium. Phenomenal country. Some of my best travel has been there. My comment is not directed at you, but maybe Yoyokopter for inventing and marketing a garbage mod (if it is what I think it is).

#6360 5 years ago

I think the Yoyokopter mod just narrows the outlane more that the post adjustment is able to. Not completely block. Now Ripleyyy's link...well, that's something completely different...but definitely cheaper.

#6361 5 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

I don't understand this mod. Is it like a plug for the outlines, like in bowling? If so, that is insane to me that people would buy a Pinball machine only to artificially do better. Call me crazy.
PS: I love Belgium. Phenomenal country. Some of my best travel has been there. My comment is not directed at you, but maybe Yoyokopter for inventing and marketing a garbage mod (if it is what I think it is).

heu... it was a (belgian) joke of course
and i know Yoyo, and his mod is the way to go for those needing to reduce the outlanes gap...

mine TWD is still set to factory setting (including sensitive TILT), that means hard to play and a true challenge

#6362 5 years ago

Don’t close your outlanes.

The sweet isn’t as sweet without the bitter.

#6363 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

my son not home, cant ask now sry...
from what i've understand as he told : SIEGE did NOT start while in multiball, insert start to flash when player is back to 1 ball
than shoot prison to start it
and yes, it was still available at next ball

Would you say that reaching LMS might actually be harder than Valinor due to how hard it is to keep balls from draining in TWD?

#6364 5 years ago

dont know, never gone there (never had a LOTR home)

#6365 5 years ago

LMS way easier than Valinor. Not even close.

#6366 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

MS way easier than Valinor. Not even close.

Agreed. Valinor in unattainable for most players

#6367 5 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

LMS way easier than Valinor. Not even close.

Really? I feel I've been much closer to Valinor than LMS. LOTR allows players a lot of ball control, where TWD is nearly uncontrollable.

#6368 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Really? I feel I've been much closer to Valinor than LMS. LOTR allows players a lot of ball control, where TWD is nearly uncontrollable.

Sounds like you need to dial in your TWD.

#6369 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Although I have not yet reached LMS, I have come much closer than I ever did with LOTR. I've owned TWD for about 9 months, and I got 91 kills the other night, and I did this with one drop target not registering consistently (only able to start two modes and no Blood Bath). I attained multi-kills in other ways. I haven't done anything to change my outlanes, and I still seem to get more outlane drains than other games, but it doesn't seem to happen as often as it used to (or maybe I'm getting used to it)

I owned LOTR for over three years and never even sniffed Valinor. Although I had epic length games on LOTR, earning the Gift of the Elves seemed to make Valinor nearly impossible. That, and getting all Super Jackpots in all three MBs.

#6370 5 years ago

Bought a Color DMD (LCD) at YegPin yesterday. Had it installed in an hour thanks to my wife being better at reading/following instructions than I.
Game changing mod. Now, if I could just get my shaker motor and Gnassel mod working, I'd be all set!

Cheers from Canada,

Winston.

#6371 5 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Bought a Color DMD (LCD) at YegPin yesterday. Had it installed in an hour thanks to my wife being better at reading/following instructions than I.
Game changing mod. Now, if I could just get my shaker motor and Gnassel mod working, I'd be all set!
Cheers from Canada,
Winston.

I bought a Color DMD (LCD) for my TWDLE at Yegpin as well! Shaker motor is a piece of cake to install and well worth it! Enjoy

#6372 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Although I have not yet reached LMS, I have come much closer than I ever did with LOTR. I've owned TWD for about 9 months, and I got 91 kills the other night, and I did this with one drop target not registering consistently (only able to start two modes and no Blood Bath). I attained multi-kills in other ways. I haven't done anything to change my outlanes, and I still seem to get more outlane drains than other games, but it doesn't seem to happen as often as it used to (or maybe I'm getting used to it)
I owned LOTR for over three years and never even sniffed Valinor. Although I had epic length games on LOTR, earning the Gift of the Elves seemed to make Valinor nearly impossible. That, and getting all Super Jackpots in all three MBs.

What level do you have your game set at? At 6.5 degrees it almost seems like there are strong magnets in the outlanes.

#6373 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

What level do you have your game set at? At 6.5 degrees it almost seems like there are strong magnets in the outlanes.

A steeper angle will reduce outlane drains. I have mine set around 7.5

#6374 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Level is 6.5. However, I forgot...I did change the outlanes. When I got home I looked, and I changed to star posts and adjusted as low as they would go.

#6375 5 years ago

Anyone seen any air-balls? I just installed a 13 piece plastics protectors set fron Pinbits. Not easy, but, worth it.

#6376 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Anyone seen any air-balls? I just installed a 13 piece plastics protectors set fron Pinbits. Not easy, but, worth it.

I installed the plastic protectors on mine. It wasn't too bad. The biggest pain in the ass was getting to all the stuff on the right under the ramps. I replaced all the rubbers with Titans at the same time, which allowed me to kill two birds with one stone.

#6377 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I installed the plastic protectors on mine. It wasn't too bad. The biggest pain in the ass was getting to all the stuff on the right under the ramps. I replaced all the rubbers with Titans at the same time, which allowed me to kill two birds with one stone.

Funny stuuff,I did the same. I agree about the right side. I have installed protector sets before,really help. Plastics are expensive & a pain to find. This is the first set I have seen with pops included.

#6378 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I regularly get airballs if I combo tunnel into arena on the fly; the ball will fly right off the arena ramp. If there’s a fix for that, I’m all ears!

#6379 5 years ago

I'd like to see protector pics if anyone has some. Pinbits site doesn't show so I disregarded these. I've bought some of their other sets in the past. What do the pops look like... just clear?

#6380 5 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

I regularly get airballs if I combo tunnel into arena on the fly; the ball will fly right off the arena ramp. If there’s a fix for that, I’m all ears!

I got this at a hobby shop for $15. I was getting way too many air balls hopping off of that ramp.

Train Tracks (resized).jpgTrain Tracks (resized).jpg

#6381 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I'd like to see protector pics if anyone has some. Pinbits site doesn't show so I disregarded these. I've bought some of their other sets in the past. What do the pops look like... just clear?

Yes they are all just clear

I recieved some duplicates, and not all the plastics have protectors in this kit.

F08E65BD-13FE-4610-AF90-3E4A89783B4E (resized).jpegF08E65BD-13FE-4610-AF90-3E4A89783B4E (resized).jpeg

#6382 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

When I first got my game I was getting insane airballs off the right post of the lift ramp. Balls would get stuck behind the well walker and a couple even ended up flying into the right return ramp. I made my own airball deflector which is about an inch longer on the right side. I haven't had an airball since.

IMG_3428 (resized).JPGIMG_3428 (resized).JPG

#6383 5 years ago

That looks good. Its functional AND cool. Do you recall who makes this track or have a model number for it? I assume its HO size.

Quoted from crwjumper:

I got this at a hobby shop for $15. I was getting way too many air balls hopping off of that ramp.

#6384 5 years ago

Just played a quick game on my lunch, and ended up being a couple of drop banks away from Terminus! DAMMITTTTTTTTTT!

When you light all modes, do you need to drop the banks once or twice, before starting any of the modes again for Terminus?

#6385 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just played a quick game on my lunch, and ended up being a couple of drop banks away from Terminus! DAMMITTTTTTTTTT!
When you light all modes, do you need to drop the banks once or twice, before starting any of the modes again for Terminus?

Just curious, you seem like you're actually having a lot of great games on TWD but I sense from reading your posts that you still don't really like it. Is is just the nature of the drains that get to you? I've thought about getting a TWD off and on, but I'm sort of worried I'd have the same reaction to the game that it seems like you're having to it (I could be wrong though).

#6386 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Two banks.

#6387 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

That looks good. Its functional AND cool. Do you recall who makes this track or have a model number for it? I assume its HO size.

I don't know. I just went to the hobby shop and picked up a piece of track that looked like it would fit on a ramp. Not a train hobbyist - sorry!
BTW: If you get one - I just used some very thin but strong wire looped underneath the ramp and then fastened to the railroad ties to fasten it to the ramp.

#6388 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Just curious, you seem like you're actually having a lot of great games on TWD but I sense from reading your posts that you still don't really like it. Is is just the nature of the drains that get to you? I've thought about getting a TWD off and on, but I'm sort of worried I'd have the same reaction to the game that it seems like you're having to it (I could be wrong though).

Shouldn't complain. The game does grate on your nerves, but I think people should probably get the game knowing it's not going to be a smooth, flowing shooter. It's a war when you plunge that ball. I guess it sort of fits the theme. I find the good games are far and few between, but I do confess that I keep coming back to it for the inevitable punishment.

Seeing that you have a TAF which is a fairly friendly game, you at least have something to turn to when TWD hands your ass to you!

#6390 5 years ago

Can Terminus be started while in Bloodbath?

#6391 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can Terminus be started while in Bloodbath?

There is a competition setting that does not allow you to start modes during multi-ball. If you don't have that setting on you should be able to start Terminus during Blood Bath.

#6392 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

There is a competition setting that does not allow you to start modes during multi-ball. If you don't have that setting on you should be able to start Terminus during Blood Bath.

Sweet, I was one bank shot away twice yesterday... Getting closer!

LMS seems unreachable! Anyone have any suggestions?

#6393 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Lower the amount of kills necessary to reach it ...

#6394 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Sweet, I was one bank shot away twice yesterday... Getting closer!

"Play better!"

Quoted from gweempose:

Lower the amount of kills necessary to reach it ...

That's like setting a video game difficulty to "Normal" for this game at least. It comes set as "Extra Hard" from the factory lol. I'll probably never see it without the glass off...

#6395 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

"Play better!"

That's like setting a video game difficulty to "Normal" for this game at least. It comes set as "Extra Hard" from the factory lol. I'll probably never see it without the glass off...

The most I've had is 54, and I've been to Horde and I'm very close to Terminus. Considering Terminus is pretty tough to reach, and even at that point, you might be at 40-50 zombies, it's insane to think you're still not even halfway.

#6396 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

The most I've had is 54, and I've been to Horde and I'm very close to Terminus. Considering Terminus is pretty tough to reach, and even at that point, you might be at 40-50 zombies, it's insane to think you're still not even halfway.

Part of what keeps a game fresh is having multiple wizard modes that are at several levels of difficulty. I've had TWD since very early production and have never come close to LMS . If you are a newish owner , you should consider not messing with the settings this early on, unless you plan on seeing everything and then selling.

#6397 5 years ago

I made the mistake of cleaning and waxing the game. Now it's barely playable until it gets at least a little dirty. I can barely start modes and light my extra ball now (at 6 kills). Faaaccckkkk.....

#6398 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I made the mistake of cleaning and waxing the game. Now it's barely playable until it gets at least a little dirty. I can barely start modes and light my extra ball now (at 6 kills). Faaaccckkkk.....

lol ! not a mistake, same for all of us as not only the ball speed, but all the gameplay (angle/trajectory shoots) change

#6399 5 years ago

My Walking Dead Premium with LED corner legs

7CCD84E8-371B-4760-BE50-C41708F03517 (resized).jpeg7CCD84E8-371B-4760-BE50-C41708F03517 (resized).jpeg
599717A5-67D1-4CB9-BA40-AECE650C6075 (resized).jpeg599717A5-67D1-4CB9-BA40-AECE650C6075 (resized).jpeg

51D04FB8-8A70-4C5D-AB5A-A8BBA3BD79E9 (resized).jpeg51D04FB8-8A70-4C5D-AB5A-A8BBA3BD79E9 (resized).jpeg

#6400 5 years ago
Quoted from francky93:

My Walking Dead Premium with LED corner legs

Looking good. I just play TWD today after reading all the tips and what to hit and when. I played the worst games almost ever. After game 10 I called it quits and went to AS. My best game was. So low I'm not going to post it. I have to go back to my old style of play.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/128 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.