20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg
R0010297 (resized).jpg
ff23 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 236.
#6251 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

If you were here to witness the amount of ass whipping this game has put on me, you'd realize that score was probably a gift from the Pinball God's, and won't be seen again!
I only say lack of skill because I'm very inconsistent. I do occasionally have a game where I'm locked in, but as a general rule, I'm throwing up middle fingers and yelling out stuff I prefer not to write here haha.

And Just think You were on "UP THE IRONS" Yesterday with this : Just bought a TWD Pro, and the game is brutal. Too many nearly unavoidable drains for my liking. Iron Maiden is looking really interesting to me, but I'm curious to know about ball times, game difficulty, and most importantly to me, having achievable and enjoyable wizard modes.
Now What Say You

#6252 5 years ago

It's far more simple to make a hard game play easier than it is to make an easy game play hard. Tons of tweaks are available for TWD.

It's pretty meaningless to compare scores because of this, but it's always nice to see some good scores posted. Nice!

Great great game.

#6253 5 years ago

just a reminder (because i'm proud of course), my son beating LMS on our PRO (factory settings, including sensitive tilt)

#6254 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

And Just think You were on "UP THE IRONS" Yesterday with this : Just bought a TWD Pro, and the game is brutal. Too many nearly unavoidable drains for my liking. Iron Maiden is looking really interesting to me, but I'm curious to know about ball times, game difficulty, and most importantly to me, having achievable and enjoyable wizard modes.
Now What Say You

Yeah, I still think the game is a bit brutal and not sure it's a keeper for me. I'll have to give it more time to see.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

just a reminder (because i'm proud of course), my son beating LMS on our PRO (factory settings, including sensitive tilt)
» YouTube video

That's unreal! And only on ball 2??? Now that makes my 700M game look pretty sad!

#6255 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Cada arma no está vinculada a un multijuego específico. Hay más multikills que armas, por lo que no puede funcionar así.

Ok thanks!!!

#6256 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Haha. I may need the glass off if I ever want to reach LMS, but for that score, I did it fair and square.
People have posted much higher scores on this game, but for me and my skill (or lack thereof) I'm content with it! Not sure I'm ever going to beat it though haha!

Hey dont sell yourself short because thats one hell of a good score on TWD. My best game is only like 355 million. Guarantee you that you was one tired mo fo after that game wasnt you? It feels like you've been in a fight after a good game on TWD!

#6257 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

That's unreal! And only on ball 2??? Now that makes my 700M game look pretty sad!

yep, but he gots the usuals EB balls too...

my son & i we are "players", and my best is "only" 1.3B... than, again, 700M is a very good score on TWD

#6258 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yep, but he gots the usuals EB balls too...
my son & i we are "players", and my best is "only" 1.3B... than, again, 700M is a very good score on TWD

I'm guessing"player" means you're competitive, but regardless, yours son's control of that game is unreal!

Doubt I'm ever going to see LMS, and even if by some luck I do, finishing it seems so unlikely.

I'm shooting for Terminus next... Nowhere near it yet!

#6259 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I've gotten to Terminus a couple times, but I've never started Siege even once, and I've owned the game since it first came out.

#6260 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've gotten to Terminus a couple times, but I've never started Siege even once, and I've owned the game since it first came out.

How many times to Horde or LMS?

#6261 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

How many times to Horde or LMS?

Horde dozens of times. LMS only once, and it was recently. I was never able to reach it on the old code.

#6262 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I'm guessing"player" means you're competitive, but regardless, yours son's control of that game is unreal!
Doubt I'm ever going to see LMS, and even if by some luck I do, finishing it seems so unlikely.

yes, right now ranked 381 & 415... than means not pinball wizards, but we are able to play pinball

about LMS, dont forget not only you have to kill 115 walkers to launch it, but than 115 more walkers to win it !!!

#6263 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes, right now ranked 381 & 415... than means not pinball wizards, but we are able to play pinball

I'm currently ranked 11560th. Not too shabby, huh?

#6264 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

about LMS, dont forget not only you have to kill 115 walkers to launch it, but than 115 more walkers to win it !!!

I knew that about LMS, and that is why I said it's likely never going to happen haha!

Pretty awesome rankings too! I don't even want to know where I am on that list, but I can tell you, it's nowhere near you guys

Do you have your game set at 6.5 degrees, or steeper?

#6265 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do you have your game set at 6.5 degrees, or steeper?

I have mine set around 7 degrees. I think it plays best at this slope.

#6266 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm currently ranked 11560th. Not too shabby, huh?

of course not, most important is having fun playing, even when its in competition

and didnt know exactly about the angle slope, we've set it 1 cm higher that from factory, as it remain another 1 cm to be at max (but will not do it, because its already very hard as it, when other guys came & play, it must not be too much frustrating/disgusting

our T3 slope is set at max, need it, that one is wayyyyyyyyyyy sweat to play compare to TWD ... yin & yang !

DH is on my sister house (as she plays too lol)

#6267 5 years ago

Was watching this video of Elwin massacring this game, but one thing that stuck out is the ball seems to move slower and floatier than any TWD I've played.

Do you think the game is under 6.5 degrees to improve control and frantic bounces?

#6268 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Was watching this video of Elwin massacring this game, but one thing that stuck out is the ball seems to move slower and floatier than any TWD I've played.
Do you think the game is under 6.5 degrees to improve control and frantic bounces?
» YouTube video

Its hard to say but i bet its set up the way it should be. Kieth Elwin doesn't need to set a game up slow to massacre it, he's the best pinball player in the world lol.

#6269 5 years ago

+1 about Keith

watching him (and some others) makes you think playing pinball is easy... but...

btw, already seen this video, and re-watching a bit now, what is sure is that our TWD TILT is set way more sensitive than Keith one

#6270 5 years ago

I think floaty games are usually harder. The ball moves slower, but catching the ball becomes more difficult

#6271 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

A steeper game is not automatically harder. I'm familiar with setting up games for competition. Side to side action is more difficult to control.

#6272 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

A steeper game is not automatically harder. I'm familiar with setting up games for competition. Side to side action is more difficult to control.

So based on that video, do you think he's at the standard 6.5? I really have a hard time believing it just from looking at the sling action. When the ball hits the slings, it gets shot out to the direction of the outlane very quickly. His ball sort of lobs over to the side.

Just seems odd.

And I'm not taking anything away from him as a player. Clearly he is a monster.

#6273 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So based on that video, do you think he's at the standard 6.5? I really have a hard time believing it just from looking at the sling action. When the ball hits the slings, it gets shot out to the direction of the outlane very quickly. His ball sort of lobs over to the side.

I agree that the ball seems to be moving in slow motion compared to my game set at 7 degrees.

#6274 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Looks close enough to 6.5. I think most of what you're seeing with the slow ball movement is his exceptional control, both via catching attempts that result in only a slight bounce and dead bouncing.

#6275 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

+1 about Keith
watching him (and some others) makes you think playing pinball is easy... but...
btw, already seen this video, and re-watching a bit now, what is sure is that our TWD TILT is set way more sensitive than Keith one

I had an LE and was forced to remove the tilt bob, otherwise it was unplayable.
Small Nudge = warning.
Not a game where nudging should be punished unfairly, seeing as it’s completely necessary.

#6276 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Small Nudge = warning.
Not a game where nudging should be punished unfairly, seeing as it’s completely necessary.

Then your definition of nudging is way different than mine. There is no reason to remove the bob for modern sterns.

You know you can lower the bob right?

Also if you crank up the playfield slope you need to adjust the ring around the bob so it is centered when at rest.

#6277 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Small Nudge = warning.

again, as players, trying to set our pin sensitive hard enough (but not more like in some tournaments, which is sometimes just insane)
on our TWD, a "good" save generally gave 2 warnings (or 3 & TILT), that means you get 1 per ball, not more
but i understand what you mean, nudging is part of pinball of course, but there's nudge... and nudge

strange you cant set the cone as you just want !?

#6278 5 years ago

When you complete CDC with three shots to the CDC ramp yoy light a weapons insert, then you can supposedly "complete" the CDC mode you can light another weapons insert according to the previous rules. My game will not give me 2 weapons inserts lit when i do this.

Did they take that out with the latest code update or am i doing something wrong?

#6279 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

When you complete CDC with three shots to the CDC ramp yoy light a weapons insert, then you can supposedly "complete" the CDC mode you can light another weapons insert according to the previous rules. My game will not give me 2 weapons inserts lit when i do this.
Did they take that out with the latest code update or am i doing something wrong?

Mine only gives 1 for getting 3 shots. I don’t get another for completing the mode

#6280 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Mine only gives 1 for getting 3 shots. I don’t get another for completing the mode

Ok cool, that must had been taken out on the last update because the previous rules show it as being that way. That sucks because i need all the help i can get trying to get to Horde.

#6281 5 years ago

well, to go to horde, not sure your approach is the good one...
i mean, dont think about activating weapons shoots, just play your game while concentrate on other things, and when a weapons is available, ok, shoot for it, and horde will came "naturaly"

#6282 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, to go to horde, not sure your approach is the good one...
i mean, dont think about activating weapons shoots, just play your game while concentrate on other things, and when a weapons is available, ok, shoot for it, and horde will came "naturaly"

I wasnt talking about how to get there, just wondering if you can light 2 weapons inserts for completing the CDC mode or not.

#6283 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wasnt talking about how to get there, just wondering if you can light 2 weapons inserts for completing the CDC mode or not.

I don't ever remember seeing that happen on its own.

Multiple weapons can come from a combo with a mode and BG, Fishtank or multiballs.

If you are having a great game, sometimes you don't notice 2 things going at once.

#6284 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think you can if bicycle girl is lit.then I think a few shots will get you two weapons. At least that what my game seems to do on code 1.60.

I also have a question about Terminus. After starting all 5 modes, how do you get to it? Do you have to hit more drop banks?

#6285 5 years ago

well, 2 times, as its the next mission, and than 1 shoot in any mission to begin

#6286 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, 2 times, as its the next mission, and than 1 shoot in any mission to begin

So is it two drop banks to start each mode, including Terminus?

Maybe I have this all wrong, but I thought it was one set of drop banks for first mode, two sets for the second mode, three sets for the third mode, etc...

Or is it just dropping two sets of drop banks for all modes after the first?

Also, what multiballs can be used to progress the modes? I believe that you can't advance through modes in Well or Prison multiball.

Am I right?

#6287 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Maybe I have this all wrong, but I thought it was one set of drop banks for first mode, two sets for the second mode

And every other mode including terminus

Quoted from Damien:

Also, what multiballs can be used to progress the modes? I believe that you can't advance through modes in Well or Prison multiball.

Stock settings allow you to start and complete modes during Well or prison MB.

Tournament mode doesn’t. Have to at least have the dead features lit before starting MB

#6288 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And every other mode including terminus

Stock settings allow you to start and complete modes during Well or prison MB.
Tournament mode doesn’t. Have to at least have the dead features lit before starting MB

Hmmmmm... So if you focused on modes during multiball, then Terminus seems pretty attainable.

Also, modes just needed to be started, not completed right?

#6289 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hmmmmm... So if you focused on modes during multiball, then Terminus seems pretty attainable.

Good luck. Haha

Quoted from Damien:

Also, modes just needed to be started, not completed right?

Yes sir.

#6290 5 years ago

The reason Terminus is so hard to reach is because it requires such a large number of shots to the drop targets. This is fundamentally an unsafe shot, as there is no way to hit them and guarantee that you will maintain control of the ball.

#6291 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The reason Terminus is so hard to reach is because it requires such a large number of shots to the drop targets. This is fundamentally an unsafe shot, as there is no way to hit them and guarantee that you will maintain control of the ball.

+1
thats THE big "problem" of this pinball : hitting targets is very dangerous, but you need to get them !

#6292 5 years ago

How do you start horde mode? I've done it a couple of times but it just sort of happened. Last night all of the weapons and lit but could not figure out how to start horde.

#6293 5 years ago

After all weapons are lit, hit the woodbury shot to start.

#6294 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

After all weapons are lit, hit the woodbury shot to start.

Horde was nice t lit. How do I do that? Is it basically the 7th weapon?

#6295 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Horde was nice t lit. How do I do that? Is it basically the 7th weapon?

Once all six weapons are lit, the Woodbury flasher (red) will pulse. Shoot the Woodbury shot (extra ball shot), horde starts.

#6296 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Once all six weapons are lit, the Woodbury flasher (red) will pulse. Shoot the Woodbury shot (extra ball shot), horde starts.

I thought the Horde insert had to be lit. Or was it not lit because I was in one of the multikills? So basically it would have lit once it timed out?

#6297 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I thought the Horde insert had to be lit. Or was it not lit because I was in one of the multikills? So basically it would have lit once it timed out?

If all 6 weapons are lit, horde will be lit.

#6298 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If all 6 weapons are lit, horde will be lit.

One was flashing. I'm guessing it's a timed mode? Would it go solid after timing out and then Horde would have been lit?

I've been to Horde two or thee times, but can't really understand how I'm getting there haha.

#6299 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

One was flashing. I'm guessing it's a timed mode? Would it go solid after timing out and then Horde would have been lit?
I've been to Horde two or thee times, but can't really understand how I'm getting there haha.

If a weapons insert is flashing it means you got that particular one on the current ball. If it’s solid you earned it on a previous ball.

If you’re in a multiball you cannot start horde. If you’re in a mode, I don’t think you can either.

#6300 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If a weapons insert is flashing it means you got that particular one on the current ball. If it’s solid you earned it on a previous ball.
If you’re in a multiball you cannot start horde. If you’re in a mode, I don’t think you can either.

That's likely what it is then. I must have ben in a mode, because all weapons were lit, and one or two of them were flashing.

I also had all modes lit, and just needed tunnel (yeah, easier said than done). But after getting all modes lit, is it one of two drop target drops that get your into Terminus?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/126 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.