IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 237.
#6201 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

So we got a walking dead pro st work, and I have been so much fun playing it. Only issue is I have no strategy best I can get is like 34k. Would love some strategy advice, have watched Bowen’s video as well cheers

Also make sure the new code is install on game 1.60

#6203 6 years ago

Weirdest thing
Out of the blue,zero tech alerts,etc
Well walker multiball is now spitting out 3 or 4 balls
Wtf

#6204 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So after hitting Horde on the first day, this game has been completely humiliating me!
My average ball times is 1:10, and I just can't get anything going. I hate that you get a mode started and the game screws you with a stupid drain from the prison magnet or from dropping out of the tunnel.
Not sure about this game!

When the prison magnet catches the ball and you see the animation where the guy is getting hit in the head with a crowbar, start flipping your flippers when he gets hit the second time and usually the magnet will throw the ball to the left or right. As far as the ball coming out of the pops and draining sdtm, you have to nudge when the ball is at the end of the tunnel ramp. Try these two things and report back.

#6205 6 years ago

So we got a walking dead pro st work, and I have been so much fun playing it. Only issue is I have no strategy best I can get is like 34k. Would love some strategy advice, have watched Bowen’s video as well cheers

The best tip I ever got is let the ball dead bounce coming out of the pops. Usually it will bounce off the left flipper for an easy catch on the right flipper. Then you take a shot at the drop targets if your ball saver is on, work towards prison or well walker multi-ball if your ball saver is off.

Pay attention to your drop target bank, work towards Blood Bath multi-ball. You can start it in as few as four completions. If not paying attention it may take ten if you're unlucky.

Most of your points are in the modes. Do well in them and you'll start your multi-kills and make progress towards Horde. There are other ways to start multi-kills too.

Save your X multiplier shot(s) for a time when you have something valuable to shoot at.

#6206 6 years ago

How do you start Siege?

#6207 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

How do you start Siege?

Kill twelve Yard walkers during Prison multi-ball. There is a counter shown on the DMD as of v1.60 that shows the number remaining. Hit the prison again when the counter gets to zero.

There is some confusion on that point because the rules doc said it was twelve prison jackpots needed. I've been watching the DMD with the new code and it doesn't decrement on a jackpot, only on a "yard walker" kill. If someone wants to do some glass off testing and update the rules wiki (linked from the key posts at the top of the page) that would be most appreciated.

#6208 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So after hitting Horde on the first day, this game has been completely humiliating me!
My average ball times is 1:10, and I just can't get anything going. I hate that you get a mode started and the game screws you with a stupid drain from the prison magnet or from dropping out of the tunnel.
Not sure about this game!

When the prison magnet has the ball hit both flippers to release it... when you see it fall maybe a half inch down hit both flippers again to pulse the magnet... this will yank it back a bit and hopefully off to one side or the other. Sometimes you'll even get a free hit at the head as it flings it upward.

Mine's pretty finicky so I have to time it just right. Other machines I've played allow you to simply hit both flippers repeatedly (after the first hit to disengage the ball) to fling the ball around. With mine I get one chance but it usually works - think of it as another skill set for the game

Tunnel shouldn't be an issue so trying raising or lowering a single leg in the front until you find the sweet spot. Mine very rarely puts it down the middle. And I do very little shoving and shaking.

#6209 6 years ago

here is my 60 second tutorial

#6210 6 years ago
Quoted from bridgeman:

When the ball is in prison magnet I use a “shimmy” of the game. Not a nudge but a slight shimmy back and forth within the tilt. On my Premium many times the magnet will
Sling ball to side rather than drop straight down the middle when I shimmy. My daughter came up with this.
As for Tunnel you have to really watch the ball when in the pops and learn a feel how it will exit. Once you spend some time on it you will get a good idea where the SDTM exit is and can nudge it.
Or you can sell the game.

you have to play it like your battling zombies for your life!

#6211 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

» YouTube video

Nice job on the tutorial Mr McRae.

#6212 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

» YouTube video

lol... i know i was missing something... but for sure, now i'm a better player

#6213 6 years ago

Played a few more games today on the pro we have at work. Man, I'm not sure if all Walking Deads get this many center drains, but it more than I have gotten on any other game to the point I dont even want to play it. Consistently coming out of the pop bumpers I'd estimate about 85% go down the center.

#6214 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

lol... i know i was missing something... but for sure, now i'm a better player

- lets see your 60 second tutorial

#6215 6 years ago

easy : dont lose the ball... dont lose the ball... dont lo... shit ! i lose the ball !!!

#6216 6 years ago

Officially a member of club dead. Brought my Walking Dead premium home this week. What an intense game. The theme fits this pin perfectly.

My machine came loaded with Cleland. It sounds good and reading up in the forums it seems to be what people prefer but I want to give the stock sound a listen to and decide for myself. How would I go about doing that? Do I need to do a factory reset? If I do, will I need to reload v1.6 again? I imagine I would.

thanks

#6217 6 years ago
Quoted from zephee:

Officially a member of club dead. Brought my Walking Dead premium home this week. What an intense game. The theme fits this pin perfectly.
My machine came loaded with Cleland. It sounds good and reading up in the forums it seems to be what people prefer but I want to give the stock sound a listen to and decide for myself. How would I go about doing that? Do I need to do a factory reset? If I do, will I need to reload v1.6 again? I imagine I would.
thanks

You need to download the latest code from sterns website and update it using those files.

#6218 6 years ago

Which of the two do you prefer?

IMG_20180416_193953 (resized).jpgIMG_20180416_193953 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180407_125415 (resized).jpgIMG_20180407_125415 (resized).jpg

#6219 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

» YouTube video

Thanks for posting, that is a fantastic strategy. Easy to talk about, very hard to do.

#6220 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

easy : dont lose the ball... dont lose the ball... dont lo... shit ! i lose the ball !!!

lol

#6221 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I’d choose the top one, but I prefer factory lighting on the Premium.

#6222 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Definitely the top one. Lose the green and you're all set

#6223 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Top with a dash of green. On well walker

#6224 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

aquí está mi 60 segundo tutorial
" Video de Youtube

It's a shame not to know English ...

#6225 6 years ago

so that such?

IMG_20180419_014452 (resized).jpgIMG_20180419_014452 (resized).jpg

#6226 6 years ago

Lose the green and blue mid playfield. Light some GI red upper two thirds and drains plastics. GI warm or sunlight mid playfield, slings, and some back GI. For a little color separation add blues to back panel. Throw a couple red comet matrix strips in the drain and behind the ramps and you’re all set.

#6227 6 years ago

Played a few more games today on the pro we have at work. Man, I'm not sure if all Walking Deads get this many center drains, but it more than I have gotten on any other game to the point I dont even want to play it. Consistently coming out of the pop bumpers I'd estimate about 85% go down the center.

Put a matchbook under one of the front legs

Heck can you even find a matchbook these days?

#6228 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

It's a shame not to know English ...

Hey it’s not that bad!

#6229 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

¡Oye, no es tan malo!

I do not speak that is bad, I say that I do not speak English and I do not understand ...

#6230 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Pierde el campo de juego medio verde y azul. Encienda algunos GI rojos en los dos tercios superiores y drene los plásticos. GI cálido o la luz del sol en el campo de juego, eslingas y algunos GI de vuelta . Para una pequeña separación de color, agregue blues al panel posterior. Lanza un par de tiras de matrices de cometas rojas en el desagüe y detrás de las rampas y todo listo.

eliminate green and blue?

#6231 6 years ago

IMG_20180419_122700 (resized).jpgIMG_20180419_122700 (resized).jpg

#6232 6 years ago

Perfecto Manny!

#6233 6 years ago

Damn looking good now. Add some blue in backboard above ramps and prison and I’ll think you’ll be happy. Nice job!

#6234 6 years ago

Thankssss!!!!!

#6235 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Maldito buen aspecto ahora. Añade un poco de azul en el tablero por encima de las rampas y la prisión, y creo que serás feliz. ¡Buen trabajo!

Thanksssssss, 3 lights Up prisión?

#6236 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Thanksssssss, 3 lights Up prisión?

Put all the backboard lights in Blue then swap with whites as needed.

#6237 6 years ago

NeilMcRae whoah thanks for that tutorial! I've only had the game a few weeks and barely cracked 400k. Tried your approach on a single game and would have cracked a billion if I didn't choke on the last two balls

Also... mannymasy the previous owner of mine added a blue strip behind the ramps, the bulbs in the backboard lights are all red.... so there it is if you're wondering what it looks like.

twd (resized).jpgtwd (resized).jpg

#6238 6 years ago

Here’s mine, blue back ramps, green bicycle girl, red back board, my version of pin stadium on lower part of pf only.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6239 6 years ago

Your game looks so much better now than before, nice job!!

#6240 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

¡Tu juego se ve mucho mejor ahora que antes, buen trabajo!

thanks !!!!!
I had lights behind the ramps but I can not get them to light up well and I eliminated it ...
It's fine with everything in red the truth. Thanks for the ideas

#6241 6 years ago

do you know if each of the multikill lights a particular weapon insert? ... for example to light the insert of the gun that multikill must be made?

#6242 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

do you know if each of the multikill lights a particular weapon insert? ... for example to light the insert of the gun that multikill must be made?

Each weapon isn’t linked to a specific multikill. There are more multikills than weapons, so it can’t work like that.

#6243 6 years ago

Finally put up a respectable score!

IMG_20180421_163129 (resized).jpgIMG_20180421_163129 (resized).jpg

#6244 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Finally put up a respectable score!

Put the glass back on

#6245 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Put the glass back on

Haha. I may need the glass off if I ever want to reach LMS, but for that score, I did it fair and square.

People have posted much higher scores on this game, but for me and my skill (or lack thereof) I'm content with it! Not sure I'm ever going to beat it though haha!

#6246 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Haha. I may need the glass off if I ever want to reach LMS, but for that score, I did it fair and square.
People have posted much higher scores on this game, but for me and my skill (or lack thereof) I'm content with it! Not sure I'm ever going to beat it though haha!

I am surprised after getting a score like that you would say you lack skill. That makes me feel like I am a complete piece of shit player. Lets get one thing straight, if you are putting up a score like that you are plenty skilled no need to rub our noses in it.

#6247 6 years ago

LTG has a twd and ill be dammed if it isnt the best playing twd out there. Makes me feel like a good player. All the tight shots are as smooth as butter

#6248 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

If you were here to witness the amount of ass whipping this game has put on me, you'd realize that score was probably a gift from the Pinball God's, and won't be seen again!

I only say lack of skill because I'm very inconsistent. I do occasionally have a game where I'm locked in, but as a general rule, I'm throwing up middle fingers and yelling out stuff I prefer not to write here haha.

#6249 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

If you were here to witness the amount of ass whipping this game has put on me, you'd realize that score was probably a gift from the Pinball God's, and won't be seen again!
I only say lack of skill because I'm very inconsistent. I do occasionally have a game where I'm locked in, but as a general rule, I'm throwing up middle fingers and yelling out stuff I prefer not to write here haha.

That’s not you, it’s TWD

#6250 6 years ago

TWD is the devil... simple as that ! fantastic pinball, but surelly the more hard/punishing one to play...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.95
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/125?hl=zephee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.