R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,798 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 236.
#6151 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Picked up a pro today... Does the very noticeable wood grain seem normal?

I haven't noticed any visible wood grain on my TWD Premium playfield. I don't see any wood grain in person or in the photo that is shown below of my TWD playfield.

Gord

P1000890 (resized).JPGP1000890 (resized).JPG

#6152 6 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

You have a leaf switch outside the rubber on your right sling.

Sure does good catch. Rubber to the outside. My playfield, I'm sure it doesn't look like that.

#6153 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Something odd about your photo. Look at the upper right of the Horde insert. Doesn't look like wood grain there because it's running diagonally across the playfield, not up and down like the grain.

#6154 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone else? None of my other games look like this.

We have a few games like that. There are plenty of threads on Pinside about it. It is mainly on newer games. We do not worry about it but other people do. Most people will tell you that their machine does not have it. To see it, you have to get the light in exactly the right position. How many photos did you have to take before you could see the ribbing in the photo you posted? If you go through your other games with a magnifying glass or microscope, chances are you will be able to find it in them too. You do already know about it, you were in the CGC playfield shitstorm on the AFMr owners thread. What exactly are you asking here?

#6155 6 years ago

My TWD looks like this. It doesn't bother me in the least though since the game is so kick ass. Doesn't seem to affect the ball's path at all.

#6156 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

In the wide variety of pf production that seems to happen with every big manufacturer out there, it's a ribbed playfield. A well known and trodden topic on the forum, especially recently. That pf is not perfect, but it's essentially cosmetic. In the wide variety of "minor" pf issues that occur, including ghosting, CC chipping, misaligned pf colors, off-color production or worse, ribbing is generally considered to be the most minor issue (fwiw). The TWDLE pf here is great in every way. But OTOH, there's also an older early DMD pin here that has some significant wear and tear around the inserts which I would consider much worse than ribbing. However, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't bother me. YMMV in either case if you're a pin perfectionist.

#6157 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

In the wide variety of pf production that seems to happen with every big manufacturer out there, it's a ribbed playfield. A well known and trodden topic on the forum, especially recently. That pf is not perfect, but it's essentially cosmetic. In the wide variety of "minor" pf issues that occur, such as ghosting, CC chipping, misaligned pf colors, off-color production, or worse, ribbing is generally considered to be the most minor (fwiw). The TWDLE pf here is great in every way. But OTOH, there's also an older early DMD pin here that has some significant wear and tear around the inserts which I would consider much worse than ribbing. However, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't bother me. YMMV in either case if you're a pin perfectionist.

It's definitely disappointing to get a brand new game, and see this sort of blemish. I've accepted no game is perfect, but this should have been recalled in the QC process.

#6158 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have a few games like that. There are plenty of threads on Pinside about it. It is mainly on newer games. We do not worry about it but other people do. Most people will tell you that their machine does not have it. To see it, you have to get the light in exactly the right position. How many photos did you have to take before you could see the ribbing in the photo you posted? If you go through your other games with a magnifying glass or microscope, chances are you will be able to find it in them too. You do already know about it, you were in the CGC playfield shitstorm on the AFMr owners thread. What exactly are you asking here?

Are you married? If so, please send my utmost sympathy to your wife.

#6159 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

It's definitely disappointing to get a brand new game, and see this sort of blemish. I've accepted no game is perfect, but this should have been recalled in the QC process.

It would be nice if it were recalled, but that isn't the case at all, with any of the major manufacturers (Stern, JJP, CGC). The foolproof way to avoid any blemish issues is to buy a game used. At least then one can put their eyes on the game and fully know and understand what they are getting. NIB is great, but it's no guarantee of a perfect game.

Sorry to see it happen again.

#6160 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

It would be nice if it were recalled, but that isn't the case at all, with any of the major manufacturers (Stern, JJP, CGC). The foolproof way to avoid any blemish issues is to buy a game used. At least then one can put their eyes on the game and fully know and understand what they are getting. NIB is great, but it's no guarantee of a perfect game.
Sorry to see it happen again.

Stern did loads of recalls on Ghostbusters with ghosting. Not sure why this wouldn't be covered. In my opinion it's harder to accept and ignore compared to ghosting.

#6161 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Stern did loads of recalls on Ghostbusters with ghosting. Not sure why this wouldn't be covered. In my opinion it's harder to accept and ignore compared to ghosting.

The pic of your playfield doesn't look that bad. Can you take some more pics, so we could see how it looks from straight on angles?
Maybe the pic you uploaded isn't showing the ribbing very well?

#6162 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I see some similarities in how it's been handled. Look at the history; ribbing has been okay, planking not okay. Feedback here (on the last Stern issues) reported that 6 or less ghosted inserts was okay, >6 inserts ghosted was not okay. Less than perfect pf's are at least somewhat consistently out there in many ways as mentioned (and for many years). If you buy NIB, perfection is not guaranteed. Vote with your wallet.

#6163 6 years ago

I haven't read up on all the threads but would have to agree with Damien. I'd be very disappointed with this and don't see how it could pass QC. Who really would buy this at full price knowing that you'd get a ribbed pf? Not me. NIB is a crap shoot.

#6164 6 years ago

I've owned Stern games in the past that had ribbing like that. It's under the clear coat and still feels smooth to the touch. It's really only noticable from certain angles. It doesn't effect game play or insert integrity so I wouldn't worry about it and enjoy your game. TWD is an awesome game! Congrats!

#6165 6 years ago

ah ok... its smooth? I figured it felt like it looked and would lead to planking.

#6166 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Are you married? If so, please send my utmost sympathy to your wife.

I am extremely happily married and love live. Unlike yourself that wants to destroy every thread you are apart of with your constant complaining. I just love that you did not answer honestly how many photos you had to take before you could get one to show the ribbing. This is a great thread with many genuine pinsiders that all help each other with their machines. Have you put some cliffys on the shooter lane yet or do we have to listen to you complaining about the shooter lane chipping too?

#6167 6 years ago

If you zoom in on Damien’s pic it looks way worse. The ribbing pretty much spans the entire playfield. That glare from the window really makes it look pronounced. I have a premium that I set up in my garage which is always dimly lit. The playfield looks perfectly fine when I am playing it. I just turned the machine off and turned on a bright overhead light and sure enough I can see similar ribbing from the glare when I look from certain angles. My advice would be move it away from the window and you won’t notice it. I’m pretty positive Stern will not replace it.

#6168 6 years ago

I am extremely happily married and love live. Unlike yourself that wants to destroy every thread you are apart of with your constant complaining. I just love that you did not answer honestly how many photos you had to take before you could get one to show the ribbing. This is a great thread with many genuine pinsiders that all help each other with their machines. Have you put some cliffys on the shooter lane yet or do we have to listen to you complaining about the shooter lane chipping too?

Hahaha, so by posting a photo and asking if something appeared to be normal about a game I just purchased, I'm making this thread toxic???

And do you think for a second I cared that you asked to see more photos? When I saw you post, I rolled my eyes and skipped over it. You're a shill that tells everyone with a problem to just suck it up.

I think you should do two things:

1) Look up the word empathy.
2) Ignore my posts the way I generally ignore yours.

#6169 6 years ago

On a positive note, I played a few games last night and ended up getting to Horde. That is one of the best wizard modes I have ever seen!!!

#6170 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

On a positive note, I played a few games last night and ended up getting to Horde. That is one of the best wizard modes I have ever seen!!!

More than anything, I love great pinball, and I find TWD delivers it in spades! Amazing pin. Cheers

#6171 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

No not at all. Actually none of my games (even earlier WMS) have the grain showing as prominently as this. Sometimes really fine vertical lines are sanding marks left from the drum sander as they smooth the entire PF but then you'll see them even over the plastic inserts.

TWD in particular usually has a thick perfect clear when you get it NIB (which then gets some pretty heavy dimpling from presumably softer wood - more so than earlier Sterns or MM, AFM, etc)

Did you buy it used? (NM - read more after your post)

#6172 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

No not at all. Actually none of my games (even earlier WMS) have the grain showing as prominently as this. Sometimes really fine vertical lines are sanding marks left from the drum sander as they smooth the entire PF but then you'll see them even over the plastic inserts.
TWD in particular usually has a thick perfect clear when you get it NIB (which then gets some pretty heavy dimpling from presumably softer wood - more so than earlier Sterns or MM, AFM, etc)
Did you buy it used? (NM - read more after your post)

I've seen a couple of other TWDs and didn't notice the ribbing. Even saw one last night and put a good light to it.

We'll see what Stern says. In the meantime, I'm loving this game! I got to Horde, but really not sure how it even happened. I need to figure out the rules!

Also, can anyone tell me how to lower the power of the shooter lane eject. It's my first Stern and I can't seem to find it in the menu.

Thanks.

#6173 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I've seen a couple of other TWDs and didn't notice the ribbing. Even saw one last night and put a good light to it.
We'll see what Stern says. In the meantime, I'm loving this game! I got to Horde, but really not sure how it even happened. I need to figure out the rules!
Also, can anyone tell me how to lower the power of the shooter lane eject. It's my first Stern and I can't seem to find it in the menu.
Thanks.

Here’s a pic that was in the st be Ritchie dimpling thread. Looks pretty similar to yours

73C06B73-EAEE-4FC8-A96D-080F46E92887 (resized).jpeg73C06B73-EAEE-4FC8-A96D-080F46E92887 (resized).jpeg

#6174 6 years ago

If someone could check under their apron for what this looks like I would greatly appreciate it. The hole I need clarification on is for the service rails. I’m assuming it’s a T nut, but I don’t have any with 3 prongs.

8D7E4D2F-6730-4E70-834C-A654D8FA630F (resized).jpeg8D7E4D2F-6730-4E70-834C-A654D8FA630F (resized).jpeg

#6175 6 years ago

Its for the service rails. I have a pro, so I had to drill that myself. 3-prong is standard I think.

#6176 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thanks.

Yes, is there an adjustment? Mine was a little strong but I played on, and as I went to do some maintenance for a little "ping" on the ball eject, I see I ignored it for too long. I guess some welding is in my future...

IMG_20180414_202201 (resized).jpgIMG_20180414_202201 (resized).jpg

#6177 6 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Yes, is there an adjustment? Mine was a little strong but I played on, and as I went to do some maintenance for a little "ping" on the ball eject, I see I ignored it for too long. I guess some welding is in my future...

Not sure. No one replied.

Let's try again... Does anyone know if you can adjust the shooter lane ball eject strength? If so, what menu is it in?

#6178 6 years ago

I don’t thik there is a setting for just the auto plunger coil. Changing the coil pulse power may be your only option. Short of swapping the coil itself

#6179 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I don’t thik there is a setting for just the auto plunger coil. Changing the coil pulse power may be your only option. Short of swapping the coil itself

My friends Ghostbusters has the option, so thought this might too. Guess it's the new system.

#6180 6 years ago

I'm going to replace the spring with something stiffer. That should slow it down some...

#6181 6 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

I'm going to replace the spring with something stiffer. That should slow it down some...

You could also try adding a rubber ring to the back of the coil arm. I did that on a fish tales to reduce the strength of the flopping fish topper and it worked well.

#6182 6 years ago

Read the ruleset and I'm still totally confused! Even made it to Horde, and not even sure how got there haha!

So as far as I understand, to get one of the weapons, you have to take down the drop target (not sure if it has to be one that isn't lit yet) and then start a mode (such as CDC).

The you just have to do the minimum amount of shots to that mode to get the weapon.

Am I correct here?

#6183 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So as far as I understand, to get one of the weapons, you have to take down the drop target (not sure if it has to be one that isn't lit yet) and then start a mode (such as CDC).
The you just have to do the minimum amount of shots to that mode to get the weapon.
Am I correct here?

No. Modes and weapons for Horde are mostly unrelated. The weapons for Horde light during a "multi-kill". There are about a dozen ways to begin a multi-kill. Mostly they are lit by making two or three shots towards a particular thing. When you begin a multi-kill one of the weapon inserts light. After you light all six you can shoot the drop target and then the Woodbury shot to begin Horde.

#6184 6 years ago

Here’s the list from pinwiki on how to get a multi kill (weapon inserts)

Three Barn shots during Barn mode.
Three CDC ramps during CDC mode.
Completing CDC mode.
Three Riot shots during Riot mode.
Two Tunnel shots during Tunnel mode.
Completing Tunnel mode.
Two Arena ramps during Arena mode.
Completing Arena mode.
Completing the Bicycle Girl hurryup.
Clearing the drop target bank 10 times.
Clearing the drop target bank three times during Blood Bath.
Scoring three jackpots during Well Walker multiball.
Scoring four jackpots during Prison multiball.
Completing three crossbow shots.
Collecting the Start Multi-Kill award.
Completing three fish tanks.
Completing two Woodbury skill shots.
Making 10 combos.

#6185 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Here’s the list from pinwiki on how to get a multi kill (weapon inserts)
Three Barn shots during Barn mode.
Three CDC ramps during CDC mode.
Completing CDC mode.
Three Riot shots during Riot mode.
Two Tunnel shots during Tunnel mode.
Completing Tunnel mode.
Two Arena ramps during Arena mode.
Completing Arena mode.
Completing the Bicycle Girl hurryup.
Clearing the drop target bank 10 times.
Clearing the drop target bank three times during Blood Bath.
Scoring three jackpots during Well Walker multiball.
Scoring four jackpots during Prison multiball.
Completing three crossbow shots.
Collecting the Start Multi-Kill award.
Completing three fish tanks.
Completing two Woodbury skill shots.
Making 10 combos.

Makes sense now because I just played a game and the first two weapons took a while to get, but the last four came quickly.

Had Horde lit, but with two balls left, I couldn't make it! It seems almost impossible to hit intentionally.

Now next question... How do I start Terminus?

#6186 6 years ago

You start Terminus by first lighting all five mode inserts. Then you complete target banks to light the mode shots again, as if starting another mode. Hitting any mode shot will start Terminus.

#6187 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You start Terminus by first lighting all five mode inserts. Then you complete target banks to light the mode shots again, as if starting another mode. Hitting any mode shot will start Terminus.

Do you have to complete each mode, or just start it?

Also, do you guys get brutal drains out of the tunnel when the ball drops out? And prison magnet also spits a lot of balls down the middle. To be expected?

#6189 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Hahaha, so by posting a photo and asking if something appeared to be normal about a game I just purchased, I'm making this thread toxic???
And do you think for a second I cared that you asked to see more photos? When I saw you post, I rolled my eyes and skipped over it. You're a shill that tells everyone with a problem to just suck it up.
I think you should do two things:
1) Look up the word empathy.
2) Ignore my posts the way I generally ignore yours.

You said you are toxic, not me, and I agree with you. I understand empathy, I also understand "trouble maker". You knew about the ribbing before you bought your machine, why didn't you check it first? Call me whatever you like, I will always say something when you are looking to cause issues and stir BS. There are plenty of genuine good people on this thread, just like the AFMr and MMr threads.

#6190 6 years ago

You said you are toxic, not me, and I agree with you. I understand empathy, I also understand "trouble maker". You knew about the ribbing before you bought your machine, why didn't you check it first? Call me whatever you like, I will always say something when you are looking to cause issues and stir BS. There are plenty of genuine good people on this thread, just like the AFMr and MMr threads.

Where is the middle finger emoticon?

#6191 6 years ago

No, you just start, or no you need to complete it?

Cheers

#6192 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

No, you just start, or no you need to complete it?
Cheers

You just need to start it

#6193 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Aquí está la lista de pinwiki sobre cómo obtener una muerte múltiple (inserciones de armas)
Tres disparos de granero durante el modo Granero.
Tres rampas CDC durante el modo CDC.
Completando el modo CDC.
Tres disparos antidisturbios durante el modo antidisturbios.
Dos disparos de túnel durante el modo Túnel.
Completando el modo Túnel.
Dos Arena rampas durante la Arena modo.
Completando el modo Arena .
Completando el apresuramiento de Bicycle Girl.
Borrando el banco de destino de caída 10 veces.
Limpiar el banco objetivo de caída tres veces durante el baño de sangre.
Anotando tres premios mayores durante la multibola Well Walker.
Anotando cuatro premios mayores durante la multibola de Prison.
Completando tres disparos de ballesta.
Recolectando el premio Start Multi-Kill.
Completando tres peceras
Completando dos disparos de habilidad de Woodbury.
Haciendo 10 combos.

good night I have a pro version recently and if I do not understand it wrong ... there is a part in the multi kill that I do not like ... for example, when doing 3 times cdc you get a multikill..and get another one for complete that way ... it seems like an unnecessary 2x1 .... I do not know if it will be silly what I think ... hahaha

#6194 6 years ago

I met Tom Payne (Jesus) and Denise Crosby (Mary, leader of Terminus) at Monsterpalooza yesterday. They signed my translite, which joins my bloody Lucille that hangs above my game that I got signed by Steven Yeun (Glenn) in September.

They were both very nice!

28FF7F5A-BA23-4EF0-9FFC-58E79A3EDAFE (resized).jpeg28FF7F5A-BA23-4EF0-9FFC-58E79A3EDAFE (resized).jpeg

#6195 6 years ago

Weird thing happened... After upgrading from 1.56 to 1.60, I've noticed twice so far, that when Well Walker multiball, I drain one ball, and although the "shoot again" is flashing, I do not get the ball back.

Anyone else get this?

#6196 6 years ago

So after hitting Horde on the first day, this game has been completely humiliating me!

My average ball times is 1:10, and I just can't get anything going. I hate that you get a mode started and the game screws you with a stupid drain from the prison magnet or from dropping out of the tunnel.

Not sure about this game!

#6197 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So after hitting Horde on the first day, this game has been completely humiliating me!
My average ball times is 1:10, and I just can't get anything going. I hate that you get a mode started and the game screws you with a stupid drain from the prison magnet or from dropping out of the tunnel.

TWD will get you a score of 100 million plus one game and the next 10 game you'll strougle to get 10 million. Great game

#6198 6 years ago

So we got a walking dead pro st work, and I have been so much fun playing it. Only issue is I have no strategy best I can get is like 34k. Would love some strategy advice, have watched Bowen’s video as well cheers

#6199 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Would love some strategy advice, have watched Bowen’s video as well cheers

I went to YouTube and typed in "twd pinball tutorial" and watch your score triple

#6200 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

When the ball is in prison magnet I use a “shimmy” of the game. Not a nudge but a slight shimmy back and forth within the tilt. On my Premium many times the magnet will
Sling ball to side rather than drop straight down the middle when I shimmy. My daughter came up with this.

As for Tunnel you have to really watch the ball when in the pops and learn a feel how it will exit. Once you spend some time on it you will get a good idea where the SDTM exit is and can nudge it.

Or you can sell the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 11,798 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/124 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.