20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg
R0010297 (resized).jpg
ff23 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 236.
#6101 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there a list of mods for TWD anywhere?
Stern art blades are a must imo and I’m not usually a fan of lit speaker grills but the ones with Rick on the right and the zombie getting its brains blown out on the left are cool.
Who does the best crossbow?
Is there much other than those worth having?

My $.02

Color DMD
Pin sound sub out board
Big Subwoofer
Modified audio rom
Bicycle girl light (gnassels)
Speaker lights with acrylics as you mentioned
Mirror blades

#6102 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Stern art blades are a must imo and I’m not usually a fan of lit speaker grills but the ones with Rick on the right and the zombie getting its brains blown out on the left are cool.

At the bottom of each page are the mods in the marketplace for the title tagged in the thread. You could check those out. Besides those, you can see what mezelmods.com offers. I really like the prison tower.

Also...

ColorDMD
Cleland's sound changes
Stern's Bloody armor
Railroad Tracks on the left ramp return (not sure if user billsfanmd is still selling these)

#6103 6 years ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

Just purchased my 1st NIB and its the walking dead PREM and i couldn't be more excited. it was between TWD and GOT and finally pulled the trigger on TWD this morning. Should be shipping out today and was wondering if most people play with the stock sound or with the other sound packages that are available? What did you guys do?

nothing beat stock. But try it and see for yourself!

#6104 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

ColorDMD, Speaker Lights. Topper and the blood armour. The latter two I'll get soon. A few of the signs that mezel do.

Neil.

#6105 6 years ago

oh yes Bicycle girl light (gnassels) mod is a must have and slide blades. I went for the stern ones they are good quality and tie in with the artwork.

Neil.

#6106 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

ColorDMD, Speaker Lights. Topper and the blood armour. The latter two I'll get soon. A few of the signs that mezel do.
Neil.

Just checked out the ColourDMD that does look fantastic but that will have to wait, the wallet like my heart cant take too much of beating at the moment

Speaker lights isn't something I am normally into but the acrylic design of Rick blowing out the Walkers brains is pretty damn cool so those might be a first for me in the speaker light department.

If I didn't have the LE I would get that blood armour and I just aint a topper guy, although BM66 broke that traditional, love the topper we got on that game

Was there a blood splatter decal kit for TWD? I seem to remember seeing it on Pinside but cannot find it for the life of me now, added blood splatter to the ramps, think some people even added them to the glass

#6108 6 years ago

I have an earlier mod list and suggestions that can be found by searching my earlier posts (the person icon in each post).

Quoted from dzoomer:

I finally got around to doing some more mods to my TWDLE and can report back. I already have the Stern topper, aftermarket zombie shooter rod and Stern art blades.
Here is what I settled on at this time.
'
Power distribution block (for power sources for mods) (Pinball life)
'
--Interactive--
Gnassel BG light version 1 option A (on Pinside)
Stern shaker motor (SP14) (Stern)
Hitchhiker prison sign (Mezel mods)
Animated backbox LED lighting (I didn't know about this version until doing some internet searching, nothing about it in the TWD threads that I've seen)- http://flipperfidelity.com/lighting/animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-panels/stern-the-walking-dead-le-enhanced-animated-led-backbox-light-replacement-two-versions-dimmable.html
'
'
--Cosmetic--
TWD ramp lights - blue (Mezel mods)
Woodbury sign (not lit) (Pinball life)
Crossbow (Mezel mods)
LED RGB Speaker lights and TWD grills (speakerlightkits.com)
Red LED flipper britebuttons (Pinball life)
'
I will have to wait on prison tower (oos), PDI glass (later) and color LED dmd (not released) in the future.
I am still waiting on the BG light and speaker lights/grills. I will post up when I get that done. I also need to install the interactive backbox lighting which just arrived, and hope to do it shortly.
So far I'm really happy overall with the mods. Relatively subtle changes and improved looks.
Shaker is awesome and the machine was already setup to add it. I really like the look of the blue ramp lights (contrasts the red lighting on the pin) and it makes the pin look even better. The hitchhiker sign looks great and works with the prison nicely and the piggybacked interactive lighting. The woodbury sign is a nice inexpensive touch and there's no need for it to be lit or interactive considering there is the woodbury playfield insert. Nice touch on the LED flipper buttons. Notably brighter and evenly lit compared to the ones on my POTC from somewhere else. The crossbow has been finicky, but that was to be expected from the feedback. I had to file off some of the material on the mount so pinballs coming in could clear it. It also wants to sit a little tilted (unflat) left to right making it tricky to clear the apron and afix using the adhesive. With some additional fiddling and more adhesive I should be able to get it to work better. I did have to reshim the apron as discussed in the installation instructions.
My friend did the installs. It took some time, but wasn't overly difficult. He is no pinball service expert so I can recommend these mods to those with basic skills.
In conclusion, listed are some mod options to consider, and not too much work.

Quoted from J85M:

Was there a blood splatter decal kit for TWD? I seem to remember seeing it on Pinside but cannot find it for the life of me now, added blood splatter to the ramps, think some people even added them to the glass

Ever heard of Google....
https://mezelmods.com/products/walking-dead-pinball-ramp-splatter-decals
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-more-blood-twd-ramp-blood-spatter-kit
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-walking-dead-ramp-splatter-decals

#6109 6 years ago

Thanks @dzoomer, I did actually try google first Mezel and pinball center came up but both out of stock, didn’t even think of pingraffix!

#6110 6 years ago

I can't remember if I asked. A star rollover went bad and the one I ordered is no good either. Does anyone happen to have a spare for whatever reason? Just the PCB.

#6111 6 years ago

You might have a different problem then just the roll over.

#6112 6 years ago

It's not I've already troubleshot it and ordered a replacement that didn't work (guess I wasn't the first). I don't want to order another since there's maybe a bad batch out there.

#6113 6 years ago

Received the NIB Prem yesterday and out of the box it played pretty well, rare SDTM from the pops, only had air balls to the out lanes once or twice in a few hours of play, the problem for me the was bicycle girl bash toy, i would hit the toy and it would go along the left side of the ramp and go SDTM after hitting the rubber on the ramp post. Also the left out lane was a magnet for drains as it seemed no matter how much nudging or literal shoving of the machine it would drain. I didn't make any changes last night but I played it a little this morning before work and it kept happening and i was getting frustrated so i raised the back right leg a couple millimeters and magically both the bike girl and the out lanes were working great; no more SDTM drains from the bash toy and little nudges were saving balls from the left out lane. So if anyone else is having those types of issues consider making small adjusts to the level of the machine and that may fix the issue. I'm sure others have brought this up in the thread but i wasn't going though over 100 pages ha. BTW made it to Horde mode after the changes and that mode is amazing and tons of fun!

#6114 6 years ago

In the club!!!!

IMG_20180328_143312_459 (resized).jpgIMG_20180328_143312_459 (resized).jpg

#6115 6 years ago

I just got what I call horde fatigue this evening. Very long game and got horde twice. The first time went on forever and I finally escaped. Then on the same game I got it again, but I didn't have the same energy level that I had the first time and drained relatively quick. Does anyone else ever experience this problem? Couple that with sore wrists from lots of aggressive nudging and slapping. I ended up getting over 1.1 Billion (my new high score by miles and miles). Totally choked on Terminus (I always do) and still failed to get to LMS or siege (go figure). The score came mostly from horde. It was around 555 million. Horde is a battle that takes every bit of you to defeat. I honesty can't think of a mode in any other game that wears me down like it does.

#6116 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I just got what I call horde fatigue this evening. Very long game and got horde twice. The first time went on forever and I finally escaped. Then on the same game I got it again, but I didn't have the same energy level that I had the first time and drained relatively quick. Does anyone else ever experience this problem? Couple that with sore wrists from lots of aggressive nudging and slapping. I ended up getting over 1.1 Billion (my new high score by miles and miles). Totally choked on Terminus (I always do) and still failed to get to LMS or siege (go figure). The score came mostly from horde. It was around 555 million. Horde is a battle that takes every bit of you to defeat. I honesty can't think of a mode in any other game that wears me down like it does.

I LOVE Horde!

#6117 6 years ago

Can you imagine Horde how it was before the last update without the Escape possibility.
I always drained eventually and in the end I started avoiding Horde just because of that.
Now with the Escape I think it's perfect.

#6118 6 years ago

I never realized how gory this game was until I saw it with a color DMD. It's fantastic.

#6119 6 years ago

To exit horde do you just hit the Woodbury shot at any time during horde mode? Just like how you start it? I guess I haven't played a whole lot on the newest code but I always seem to drain after a while.

#6120 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

To exit horde do you just hit the Woodbury shot at any time during horde mode? Just like how you start it? I guess I haven't played a whole lot on the newest code but I always seem to drain after a while.

You have to kill a large sum (not sure how many to be exact) of walkers before the Woodbury flasher starts, letting you know that you can escape. You can rack up a ton of points during Horde. I love dropping the bombs from the helicopter that clear the current wave of dead.

#6121 6 years ago

To exit Horde:

1) Complete 2 rounds
2) Get down to 1 ball

The exit shot will light up, and you can then cash out and escape by shooting it.

#6122 6 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

I never realized how gory this game was until I saw it with a color DMD. It's fantastic.

Best DMD dots in pinball.

#6123 6 years ago

After having the game for a few days it’s almost like when I have a good game I don’t feel like I played any better but it’s the game was nice and didn’t have horrible SDTM or outline drains. A question I do have is about the drops; when I complete all the drops on the same ball and the the mode lights are lit but I drain because that always happens I have to knock all the drops again, is that normal?

#6124 6 years ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

A question I do have is about the drops; when I complete all the drops on the same ball and the the mode lights are lit but I drain because that always happens I have to knock all the drops again, is that normal?

This was one setting I had to change. That's the default and it was beyond frustrating and really took the fun away for me. You can set it to remember the lit dead features, so that when the ball drains, they are still lit, without having to re-complete the drop bank. I would have sold the game long ago if I couldn't change that setting.

#6125 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

This was one setting I had to change. That's the default and it was beyond frustrating and really took the fun away for me. You can set it to remember the lit dead features, so that when the ball drains, they are still lit, without having to re-complete the drop bank. I would have sold the game long ago if I couldn't change that setting.

Oh my gosh thank you! I agree that was beyond frustrating. Only other thing I have changed was I disabled the BK ramp
from going up because I like the flow better and I got ransom drains when hitting her and that was frustrating.

#6126 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

#6127 6 years ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

Oh my gosh thank you! I agree that was beyond frustrating. Only other thing I have changed was I disabled the BK ramp
from going up because I like the flow better and I got ransom drains when hitting her and that was frustrating.

I just disabled the BG ramp too. I got two high scores in a row and almost made it to HORDE which I have only done twice before.

The only problem is, it makes the crossbow shot much harder on that ramp, if not impossible.

#6128 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Where in the menu is this located?

#6129 6 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Where in the menu is this located?

Game/feature adjustment #33.

#6130 6 years ago

I added some extra light to the game .... I love the game wAlking dead ....

Screenshot_2018-04-07-14-12-14 (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-04-07-14-12-14 (resized).png

#6131 6 years ago

O-M-G the rainbow dead!

#6132 6 years ago

Can someone confirm the screws above this guys head are supposed to come down that far?

6879C73E-2707-4FD6-801D-E36EEC329F01 (resized).jpeg6879C73E-2707-4FD6-801D-E36EEC329F01 (resized).jpeg

#6133 6 years ago

Hello everybody, i live in France and i have a TWD Premium
I love this pinball and i love to add mods with respect of the theme

7B66EBF4-BEA2-40D0-AC07-5D96A3DB6CE7 (resized).jpeg7B66EBF4-BEA2-40D0-AC07-5D96A3DB6CE7 (resized).jpeg

D04A3921-7B16-4D06-8642-F4D10BC5DD51 (resized).jpegD04A3921-7B16-4D06-8642-F4D10BC5DD51 (resized).jpeg

#6134 6 years ago
Quoted from francky93:

Hello everybody, i live in France and i have a TWD Premium
I love this pinball and i love to add mods with respect of the theme

Nice Michelin man! I have an old statue of him

BABB5E20-9306-4442-8618-2266F88A1A6A (resized).jpegBABB5E20-9306-4442-8618-2266F88A1A6A (resized).jpeg

#6135 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I added some extra light to the game .... I love the game wAlking dead ....

I'm a fan of green, the color of money.

#6136 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Can someone confirm the screws above this guys head are supposed to come down that far?

I'll check next time I'm at home (12 hours). I played this morning but don't recall bolts sticking out that far.

#6137 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Nice Michelin man! I have an old statue of him

My ex wife looks similar

#6138 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

¡Dios mío, el arcoiris muerto!

Jajajajajjaajaja

#6139 6 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

Mi ex esposa se ve similar

Jajajajajaj

#6140 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

YES Mine are the same and I never noticed until you shown picture. Now I'll be getting shorter screws and half nut. Would that be counted as a mod. lol

#6141 6 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

YES Mine are the same and I never noticed until you shown picture. Now I'll be getting shorter screws and half nut. Would that be counted as a mod. lol

Thanks!

#6142 6 years ago

Another pictures of my TWD Premium

FD4350EA-4A8E-41F0-888A-05F69DE9EC01 (resized).jpegFD4350EA-4A8E-41F0-888A-05F69DE9EC01 (resized).jpeg

9B0CCE6A-19C7-49F5-A09C-CFBBA02653EE (resized).jpeg9B0CCE6A-19C7-49F5-A09C-CFBBA02653EE (resized).jpeg

#6143 6 years ago

Hiya fellow walkers, I got me a premium it's play great except for a slight hesitation with the crossbow, even when using the button to shoot ball into game there is slight delay, so I have to push it again for it to shoot to ball out, same with the crossbow, sometimes it doesn't let me shoot the ball on the first sweep but works coming back. The switches work in test mode, could it be the gears switch underneath the apron?

#6144 6 years ago

I had issues with my crossbow. The white plastic plunger that launches the ball out of the mech would stay out after shooting the ball instead of sliding back in. When the crossbow swung back against the apron that white plastic plunger would get wedged on a little metal tab that sticks out. Therefore the next time the ball got loaded it would not trigger the crossbow because the plunger being stuck out wouldn’t let the ball trigger the switch. It would go into ball search and swing the crossbow out. At that point the weight of the ball would start sliding the white plastic plunger back into the correct position and it could be fired, but that wouldn’t usually be until it was returning. I had to bend that metal tab up slightly so the white plastic plunger wouldn’t get wedged underneath it. Then the weight of the ball would push the plunger back upon entering the crossbow and trigger the switch and the ball would be in place to fire on the out swing instead of just the return swing.

#6145 6 years ago

Here is a pic of the little metal tab my plunger was getting stuck on.

994AE727-CED1-4A2E-B362-788831D73DEA (resized).jpeg994AE727-CED1-4A2E-B362-788831D73DEA (resized).jpeg

#6146 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hiya fellow walkers, I got me a premium it's play great except for a slight hesitation with the crossbow, even when using the button to shoot ball into game there is slight delay, so I have to push it again for it to shoot to ball out, same with the crossbow, sometimes it doesn't let me shoot the ball on the first sweep but works coming back. The switches work in test mode, could it be the gears switch underneath the apron?

I think that’s in the code. They changed it at some point so you can’t fire the crossbow too early.

#6147 6 years ago

Picked up a pro today... Does the very noticeable wood grain seem normal?

20180412_124005 (resized).jpg20180412_124005 (resized).jpg

#6148 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Tomó un profesional hoy ... ¿El grano de madera muy notable parece normal?

in mine it's the same

#6149 6 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

in mine it's the same

Anyone else? None of my other games look like this.

#6150 6 years ago

Mine does not look like that. NIB? You have a leaf switch outside the rubber on your right sling.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 11,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/123?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.