IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 237.
#6001 6 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Thanks for the tips, gents. Plastic ledge is intact...so I am looking at connections. Everything seems fine to the naked eye. Comes up and down perfect in test mode. Just doesn't play well. Beginners wouldn't Notice this, but my wife and I do. Anyhow, I'll keep plugging away.

Yes he is correct it sounds like the switch. Attached is a picture “similar” to what the TWD Woodbury drop target coil looks like. I put a red arrow on the switch.

See if it gets engaged properly and feels smooth, clicks good when the switch is triggered. You may need to bend it a little bit or reseat the metal switch tab onto the switch housing.

BBD881DB-A9BE-4811-AF94-9E5358C911A7 (resized).jpegBBD881DB-A9BE-4811-AF94-9E5358C911A7 (resized).jpeg

#6002 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Then I would suspect the switch. Mechanically probably ok but the switch that sees it's in the up or down position will probably be bad.

Now I just have to find where that switch is!

Thanks in any event--Belgium is my favourite country for what it's worth. Was in Brussels in 2004 and dating a girl long-distance, and an awesome guy gave me 7 euros to call her on a pay-phone at 3am.

Cheers,

Winston

#6003 6 years ago

Had my best game ever on Saturday, including 2 Horde modes in the same game. I nearly tripled the existing GC score.
Finally saw Last Man Standing, and despite all the ball saves and add-a-balls that occurred, I only made it about half way back down to 0.
That said, I have yet to see Siege mode.
Is it just me, or is Siege the toughest mode to get started in TWD?
I'm now focusing on just trying to get to Siege, so I'm focusing on the Prison, then when the red arrows pop up, hitting the easy shots like Barn/CDC/Riot, and then zombie head. Once I'm nearly there, it's all about getting BloodBath nearly lit and then trying to get both multiballs going simultaneously.
Once that drains, it's WellWalker multiball just so I can use two balls to focus on the target bank, working towards another Blood Bath.

Does anyone else have any tips on helping me get to Siege, or share my pain?

#6004 6 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Anyone swapped out the premium GI with different red/white bulbs? Wondering what ones I should get any how many of each there are. GI seems to be missing from the manual.

I went yellow 2led in place of the white and love it.

DSC04065 (resized).JPGDSC04065 (resized).JPG

DSC04064 (resized).JPGDSC04064 (resized).JPG

#6005 6 years ago

What’s the part number for the yellow leds?

#6007 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Had my best game ever on Saturday, including 2 Horde modes in the same game. I nearly tripled the existing GC score.
Finally saw Last Man Standing, and despite all the ball saves and add-a-balls that occurred, I only made it about half way back down to 0.
I'm now focusing on just trying to get to Siege, so I'm focusing on the Prison, then when the red arrows pop up, hitting the easy shots like Barn/CDC/Riot, and then zombie head. Once I'm nearly there, it's all about getting BloodBath nearly lit and then trying to get both multiballs going simultaneously.
Once that drains, it's WellWalker multiball just so I can use two balls to focus on the target bank, working towards another Blood Bath.

Siege qualify is 6 times the prison head and shot. Then the superjackpot.
And then you shoot a ramp, closed prison, a ramp, closed prison (do this 6 times) and siege will be lit. Unless you play it in two times, then it's again prison head and a shot.

You can continue your progress in multiple multiballs and you see your progress on the display during prison multiball.

But I think the only thing you can do is focus on the prison shots in prison multiball and ignore any mode that is running.

Siege is a cool mode, seen it 3 times and luckily it doesn't end when you drain your ball. It continues on the next one.

#6008 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

It's not just you. I've owned the game since it first came out, and I've never seen Siege even once in all that time.

#6009 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I went yellow 2led in place of the white and love it.

you you mind taking a quick video? I am wondering how green would look.

#6010 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

you you mind taking a quick video? I am wondering how green would look.

I will later today and post.

#6011 6 years ago

Has anyone ever completed Last Man Standing on a pro?

#6012 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

my son, after owning the pin for just 2 days and 25 games played on it... and its not a bad joke

since, he did reach LMS a 2nd time, but not completed it

and as you will ask me : yes, factory settings & TILT sensitive...

#6013 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

my son, after owning the pin for just 2 days and 25 games played on it... and its not a bad joke
» YouTube video
since, he did reach LMS a 2nd time, but not completed it
and as you will ask me : yes, factory settings & TILT sensitive...

LOL! Love the message to your son at the end.

#6014 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I was messing around with the game today, trying to fix the shooter issue.
Although it’s mostly from the manual plunger, there are occasions where it misfires from the autoplunger as well.
So that makes me think that I need to adjust the plunger, but mostly it’s a ballguide issue perhaps.
Has anyone else made any headway, fixing theirs?
Edit: finally removed the ball guide and bent it slightly.
Now I get occasional autoplunger misfires but the manual plunger seems to be fine.
Good enough for now. Next time I'm bored, I may try to tweak it a little more to get the autoplunger 100% as well.

Just got my TWD pro today!! Awesome game and playing the snot out of it. Having problems with the shooter lane though. 75% of the time the ball goes to the bumpers, not the skill shot area. Was removing the ball guide the best fix? Hard to do?

#6015 6 years ago

LOL! Love the message to your son at the end.

yep, and its nice to have this friendly relation between us
and even more sharing this pinball hobby between our generation, just because pinball was absolutly NOT something logicaly linked to his age (22), well, i mean, not as me (52)

than, in overall, nice to see our childs being interested in the pinball (again)

#6016 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

To get siege i focus on getting prison multiball ready AND blood bath ready. I start prison multiball and only shoot up the middle for each zombie kill. You can hit ranps too but I find middle easiest fo focus on. When I lose one ball I initiate blood bath which brings them all back. Once the middle shots are all done, the riot shot lights fornsuper jackpot. Hit that and then you have to keep hitting CDC ramp and then zombie head. 6 more of those combos and I think you are done.

I am going by memory here but that is what I remember. The key for me is using blood bath to keep the multiball going. When you hit all the targets in bloodbath you add a ball and the ball save again. You should be able to get pretty close in one ball if you use the blood bath correctly and can make those shots.

Let the balls go down while ball save is on so you can focus on just one (or two) ball during ball save and just keep cranking it up the middle to the barn doors and then zombie head...

It’s not easy but super satisfying when you get it!

#6017 6 years ago
Quoted from PinDocMN:

Just got my TWD pro today!! Awesome game and playing the snot out of it. Having problems with the shooter lane though. 75% of the time the ball goes to the bumpers, not the skill shot area. Was removing the ball guide the best fix? Hard to do?

I didn’t find it too tough, and tweaked it slightly which greatly improved the manual plunger. Of course, the auto plunger stopped working as well as it did.
I’ve reached out to my distributor and have a new rail incoming. Hoping that will fix it 100%.

#6018 6 years ago

Someone mold me this alternate well walker pls. Thanks!

walken-dead-shirt-l1 (resized).pngwalken-dead-shirt-l1 (resized).png

#6019 6 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Someone mold me this alternate well walker pls. Thanks!

I like an entire pin molded on this premise, the call outs alone would be worth it.

#6020 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

To get siege i focus on getting prison multiball ready AND blood bath ready. I start prison multiball and only shoot up the middle for each zombie kill. You can hit ranps too but I find middle easiest fo focus on. When I lose one ball I initiate blood bath which brings them all back. Once the middle shots are all done, the riot shot lights fornsuper jackpot. Hit that and then you have to keep hitting CDC ramp and then zombie head. 6 more of those combos and I think you are done.
I am going by memory here but that is what I remember. The key for me is using blood bath to keep the multiball going. When you hit all the targets in bloodbath you add a ball and the ball save again. You should be able to get pretty close in one ball if you use the blood bath correctly and can make those shots.
Let the balls go down while ball save is on so you can focus on just one (or two) ball during ball save and just keep cranking it up the middle to the barn doors and then zombie head...
It’s not easy but super satisfying when you get it!

I finally reached SEIGE! Thanks to Pinchamp for the Blood Bath tip! This helped quite a bit. I think I had to start Prison MB three different times to get there, and I only had BB going during one of them, but it still helped me over the hump.

Now I can go back to focusing on multi-kills, Horde, and trying to reach LMS.

#6021 6 years ago

and i've just uploaded the full video, may be some wanna see him completing the mode in full length...

#6022 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I finally reached SEIGE! Thanks to Pinchamp for the Blood Bath tip! This helped quite a bit. I think I had to start Prison MB three different times to get there, and I only had BB going during one of them, but it still helped me over the hump.
Now I can go back to focusing on multi-kills, Horde, and trying to reach LMS.

Sweet!! Way to go Sparky. What did you think of siege? Did you blow some stuff up? I still have to get to LMS but I can’t seem to play a game just focusing on kills... the modes and mutikills are just too much fun!

#6023 6 years ago

Question for those who've replaced light bulbs for the 'warm' white: how did you access some of the harder to access bulbs? I have got the 'low-hanging fruit' (slings, flippers), but the other lights seem really hard to reach. Are any of you accessing the fixture from under the playfield?

In other news, the 'new' strategy of bashing Prison during MB and having Blood Bath going led me to my biggest game tonight. Kind of sad that this is the best I've ever done. 65 walkers killed, all Multi-Kill lights lit, but no Horde. No idea why. Fun game in any event.

IMG_20180225_0025490 (resized).jpgIMG_20180225_0025490 (resized).jpg

#6024 6 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

all Multi-Kill lights lit, but no Horde. No idea why.

Unless I’m wrong, Woodbury shot initiates Horde once you’ve got it qualified.

#6025 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Unless I’m wrong, Woodbury shot initiates Horde once you’ve got it qualified.

This, I have only been there once and that is how I started it.

#6026 6 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

In other news, the 'new' strategy of bashing Prison during MB and having Blood Bath going led me to my biggest game tonight. Kind of sad that this is the best I've ever done. 65 walkers killed, all Multi-Kill lights lit, but no Horde. No idea why. Fun game in any event.

Glad the “new” strategy is working well for those trying it. To add to it, you can also cue up the well walker multiball so one more hit there will also add a ball, give a ball save and extend the other multiballs. I can’t remember exactly the order I did it in but it definitely did work.

#6027 6 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Question for those who've replaced light bulbs for the 'warm' white: how did you access some of the harder to access bulbs? I have got the 'low-hanging fruit' (slings, flippers), but the other lights seem really hard to reach. Are any of you accessing the fixture from under the playfield?

When I switch out bulbs I usually do all of them from underneath playfield.

#6028 6 years ago

Terminus tip of the day.
Warning a bit of a spoiler..

Terminus is started as the 6th mode by completing the drops again and making any shot to start the mode.
It consists of 5 times a hurryup value that counts down every time and can be made on every shot.
Once a shot is made, the value resets and starts counting down again. An already made shot cannot be used again.

1st hurryup value: 20% of the 5th mode
2nd hurryup value: 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 5th mode
3rd hurryup value: 20% of the 3rd mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 5th mode
4th hurryup value: 20% of the 2nd mode + 20% of the 3rd mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 5th mode
5th hurryup value: 20% of the 1th mode + 20% of the 2nd mode + 20% of the 3rd mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 5th mode

So play your 5th mode big! As it counts in every hurry up value.
Actually during the 5th mode, every other shot adds value to the current mode value as all the shots from modes already played give/add you a 'past mode' value.

My strategy
I mostly light double playfield at the tower jackpot before I start.
Shoot CDC to start Terminus and directly I make the first hurry up in the riot shot so I get my double playfield going.
I then concentrate on the other shots but I try to get tunnel before the others.
On my last but one shot I go for a ramp so I can use my X multiplier to use on my very last hurry up and cash in big.

My x champ is currently at 350M+, and a terminus total of 600M+

TWD is such a good game . Noticed is it in the archives now at the Stern games page.

#6029 6 years ago

Terminus tip of the day.
Terminus is started as the 6th mode by completing the drops again and making any shot to start the mode.
It consists of 5 times a hurryup value that counts down every time and can be made on every shot.
Once a shot is made, the value resets and starts counting down again. An already made shot cannot be used again.
3rd hurryup value: 20% of the 3rd mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 5th mode
4th hurryup value: 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 3rd mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 5th mode
5th hurryup value: 20% of the 5th mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 3rd mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 5th mode
Actually during the 5th mode, every other shot adds value to the current mode value as all the shots from modes already played give/add you a 'past mode' value.
My strategy
Shoot CDC to start Terminus and directly I make the first hurry up in the riot shot so I get my double playfield going.
I then concentrate on the other shots but I try to get tunnel before the others.
On my last but one shot I go for a ramp so I can use my X multiplier to use on my very last hurry up and cash in big.
TWD is such a good game . Noticed is it in the archives now at the Stern games page.

Thank you for this detailed and clear explanation! Understanding the nuances of these rules makes playing such a great game even better!

The first time I reached Terminus, I was timing out each of the modes, just to play it safe and get there. Now I know that playing at least modes 4 and 5 are extremely important to improving scores.

I bought my Pro toward the end of 2017, so I'm still trying to figure out some of these nuances. I still don't think I have a full understanding of the "x" multiplier on the inlanes, or how to build them by not using them. I also don't have a full understanding of the playfield 2x multiplier at the Riot shot.

#6030 6 years ago

http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122

This explains X and 2X and everything else you need to know.

Quoted from Sparky:

Thank you for this detailed and clear explanation! Understanding the nuances of these rules makes playing such a great game even better!
The first time I reached Terminus, I was timing out each of the modes, just to play it safe and get there. Now I know that playing at least modes 4 and 5 are extremely important to improving scores.
I bought my Pro toward the end of 2017, so I'm still trying to figure out some of these nuances. I still don't think I have a full understanding of the "x" multiplier on the inlanes, or how to build them by not using them. I also don't have a full understanding of the playfield 2x multiplier at the Riot shot.

#6031 6 years ago

Terminus tip of the day.
4th hurryup value: 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 3rd mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 5th mode
5th hurryup value: 20% of the 5th mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 3rd mode + 20% of the 4th mode + 20% of the 5th mode
My strategy

Dang, I need to spend some serious time on my TWD premium playing it using your tips. I pretty much just shoot at whatever is flashing and try to keep the ball alive.

Thanks for documenting this as I now have an actual strategy to try out.

Gord

#6032 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Thanks for this reminder. I've re-visited this a few times when I've had questions about rules. My confusion about the "x" inlanes is knowing how high the multiplier has been built if you save it. Do you just keep tack in your head, or is there a way to know (does status report give this info?).

#6033 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

I pretty much just shoot at whatever is flashing and try to keep the ball alive.

My same 'strategy'!!!

Things happen so fast on TWD I don't know if a person can actually keep track of all that stuff and get it done in order. I figure if it is flashing, then it needs me to hit it there. I reckon if you trapped the ball on a flipper and studied what needs to be done next, that's how a good player can keep things in order. I don't have the patience for that. I flip hard and fast and hope for the best!

#6034 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Ok, I played a bunch and tried to build the "x" before using it. This is a challenge to keep moving the lit insert, especially when the ball moves up the inlane from the flipper. Also difficult to manage during mb.

I have a much better understanding of it in theory, but I need to practice more to use it to my advantage.

When the ball does roll down the lit lane, the wiki rulesheet says it's the next shot only that gets the multiplier. Is there a timer on this if there are a few bricks?

#6035 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

When the ball does roll down the lit lane, the wiki rulesheet says it's the next shot only that gets the multiplier. Is there a timer on this if there are a few bricks?

If there's a timer, it's very generous.

My understanding is that the next non-slingshot switch you hit gets multiplied. I've definitely pushed past 5 seconds with some horrific bricking into posts and then gotten the multiplied shot I wanted.

#6036 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

My understanding is that the next non-slingshot switch you hit gets multiplied. I've definitely pushed past 5 seconds with some horrific bricking into posts and then gotten the multiplied shot I wanted.

Thanks! I was going to ask about any switch, including slings.

#6037 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Apparently if your score is flashing the multiplier is still active for your next shot. That was posted on here somewhere!

#6038 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Apparently if your score is flashing the multiplier is still active for your next shot. That was posted on here somewhere!

Yes posted by me, but in the past weeks, I tried to link the flashing behaviour to it and I didn't consistently succeeded in it. So scrap that remark of the flashing score.

#6039 6 years ago

I know this came up before but I can’t figure out how to fix my first rollover switch for the skillshot. It works with a slow plunge but not wirh a fast one. I took it out and it seems to be working fine and I can’t figure a way to raise it. Is it possible to raise it? What else to do? It use to work with a fast plunge

#6040 6 years ago

Yes posted by me, but in the past weeks, I tried to link the flashing behaviour to it and I didn't consistently succeeded in it. So scrap that remark of the flashing score.

Ah, my bad. Proves I’m listening, if nothing else!

#6041 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I know this came up before but I can’t figure out how to fix my first rollover switch for the skillshot. It works with a slow plunge but not wirh a fast one. I took it out and it seems to be working fine and I can’t figure a way to raise it. Is it possible to raise it? What else to do? It use to work with a fast plunge

This is common on all most all the TWD machines I've played on route. Some people actually like it that way because it turns it into a True Skill Shot where a softer plunge just hard enough to make it into the lanes will trigger both rollover targets, but a full hard plunge will skip the first rollover.

But to answer your question... what is happening (at least on mine and two others that I've confirmed) is that the first rollover is sitting above the playfield by maybe half a millimeter. So subtle and barely noticeable, but enough so that the ball hits the edge of the rollover and "hops" a bit over the switch part of the rollover. All I had to do on mine was go underneath the playfield and loosen the nuts holding it on the playfield just a couple turns. It's still tight enough on the playfield that it won't move, but this lowered it just enough that now it triggers every time.

I'm starting to come around to agree with one of my buddies who thinks its better where you have to get your plunge just right to trigger it. I'm thinking about going back and tightening it up to the original way it came to me from the factory.

#6042 6 years ago

I recently got one for route,
I typically add toys to games like officially licensed stuff, what toys could look good?

#6043 6 years ago

Mini mcfarlane figures are easy

20160912_160144 (resized).jpg20160912_160144 (resized).jpg

20160912_160256 (resized).jpg20160912_160256 (resized).jpg

#6044 6 years ago

And the McFarlane mini fig sets can be put together to make a pretty neat topper.

Topper 3 (resized).JPGTopper 3 (resized).JPG

#6045 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

And the McFarlane mini fig sets can be put together to make a pretty neat topper.

Yes!

#6046 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

This is common on all most all the TWD machines I've played on route. Some people actually like it that way because it turns it into a True Skill Shot where a softer plunge just hard enough to make it into the lanes will trigger both rollover targets, but a full hard plunge will skip the first rollover.
But to answer your question... what is happening (at least on mine and two others that I've confirmed) is that the first rollover is sitting above the playfield by maybe half a millimeter. So subtle and barely noticeable, but enough so that the ball hits the edge of the rollover and "hops" a bit over the switch part of the rollover. All I had to do on mine was go underneath the playfield and loosen the nuts holding it on the playfield just a couple turns. It's still tight enough on the playfield that it won't move, but this lowered it just enough that now it triggers every time.
I'm starting to come around to agree with one of my buddies who thinks its better where you have to get your plunge just right to trigger it. I'm thinking about going back and tightening it up to the original way it came to me from the factory.

Didn’t seem to be sticking out too far above the playfield but perhaps. I will take another look or like you say perhaps it does take more skill with a slower timed plunge... I may just leave it.

Love those kits and characters as toppers too!!

#6047 6 years ago

Checked my audits last night and drains go 36 left, 72 center, 11 right (since new code update). Any ideas how to help that left side without going as far as a post?

#6048 6 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Checked my audits last night and drains go 36 left, 72 center, 11 right (since new code update). Any ideas how to help that left side without going as far as a post?

Get better at nudging.

#6049 6 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I would go for yoyokopter TWD posts and open the outlanes. No cheap drains, but some nudge-skills are required

#6050 6 years ago

Left will always be higher in numbers because of the playfield design. It's just the way the game is.
I have my left outlane post in the lowest slot and my right post in the highest.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,803 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.