IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 236.
#5951 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

RipleYYY: High score roll will tell you in detail

Good info to know!

I see both you guys are from Belgium and you talk to each other in English on here. If you visited each other in Belgium, what language would you use: French? German? Flemish? English?

I've been to Belgium but many years ago. I developed this opinion that it's a country of 4 languages. Am I close?

#5952 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

ive noticed something else with my new premium. Sometime when i plunge the ball never makes it up to the skill shot area. It ricochetes into the pops. my pro machine never had this issue. Any ideas on what i need to adjust>?

Has anyone figured out how to fix this yet? I toyed with the game, glass off. Plunged the ball, then moved the gate back and forth. Didn’t figure out what the issue is.

#5953 6 years ago

@Chambahz: you will probably have to adjust the lane guide a little where the ball exits the shooter lane (even bending it a tiny bit is possible).

@Pintucky: officially it's a 3 language country (Dutch, French and German). German less common and few know how to speak/understand German. If one of the parties doesn't speak the other language, then we mostly switch to the language that we both know. If both don't know the other language we switch to English. With RipleYYY we mix. He knows Dutch, I know French, so we mix.
I speak Spanish too but this we don't need in Belgium

#5954 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

My wife custom painted my well walker. I think he looks much scarier than before. Looks much more like a bloated zombie found in the bottom of a well.

Holy shit that is awesome, easily the best custom paint job I have seen on the Well Walker, love the wet look/effect your wife gave it

Is she interesting in doing another?

#5955 6 years ago

RipleYYY: High score roll will tell you in detail

yep David
but was meaning "while playing", because i'm quite nowhere about how the score/code is going on TWD, i'm still on the "rush" style, not the "think of it" style

#5956 6 years ago

...I speak Spanish too but this we don't need in Belgium

let's add italian for me, it helps, as for example when talking with Daniele A.

#5957 6 years ago

officially it's a 3 language country (Dutch, French and German).

Thanks for educating me. I find this to be fascinating. My brain would short-circuit and smoke would come out of my ears if I had all those different languages in my head!!! My hat is off to you for being able to have these skills.

Mike

#5958 6 years ago

Agreed that painted WW looks dope.

However i was unable to find a solution to the plunge problem either. While i was tinkering with it, i could only see maybe figuring out a way to bend that lane guide a bit like said above might be the only solution.

#5959 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Agreed that painted WW looks dope.
However i was unable to find a solution to the plunge problem either. While i was tinkering with it, i could only see maybe figuring out a way to bend that lane guide a bit like said above might be the only solution.

Make sure the tip of the plunger is hitting the ball squarely every time.

#5960 6 years ago

I was messing around with the game today, trying to fix the shooter issue.
Although it’s mostly from the manual plunger, there are occasions where it misfires from the autoplunger as well.
So that makes me think that I need to adjust the plunger, but mostly it’s a ballguide issue perhaps.
Has anyone else made any headway, fixing theirs?

Edit: finally removed the ball guide and bent it slightly.
Now I get occasional autoplunger misfires but the manual plunger seems to be fine.
Good enough for now. Next time I'm bored, I may try to tweak it a little more to get the autoplunger 100% as well.

#5961 6 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

So if you get the cliffy, do you take off the factory foam before installing the cliffy?
My ramp shots are very smooth and i don't want the cliffy to change that. Does it affect the angle of the ramp?
Thx.

I did not remove the foam. The amount of material added under the ramp is very minimal, so it doesn't really affect the angle hardly any at all. I saw no change of smoothness before vs after. I had no issues before, and no issues after. At least now my playfield isn't being dug into by a rivet head though.

#5962 6 years ago

Installed a Pinduino and a set of addressable LEDs in my Walking Dead over the weekend. One string of LEDs is installed on the left ramp and another string is installed on the right side of the apron. Each string is controlled separately by a single Pinduino.

Most of the lighting effects happen on the apron while the ramp LEDs light the playfield. The coolest effect happens at 6 min 20 sec in the video during the crossbow shot where Eric helped write a "bullet" sequence into the effects. Really neat!!

With Pinduino you can easily customize any of the effects based on J6 or J7 triggers.

Here are some examples of the effects in the current sketch:

Apron flashes blue when the prison is hit.
Apron flashes green when the well walker is hit.
All LEDs flash red when the pops are hit.
Apron flashes green when the Woodbury spinner is lit.

IMG_20180204_140831 (resized).jpgIMG_20180204_140831 (resized).jpg

#5963 6 years ago

Nicely done! That's awesome

#5964 6 years ago

Going to go look at a TWD Premium, is there anything I need to look out for with this game wear or damage wise? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

#5965 6 years ago
Quoted from Snwbrdrmidget15:

Going to go look at a TWD Premium, is there anything I need to look out for with this game wear or damage wise? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Early premiums may have some playfield damage from the edge of the bicycle girl ramp. It's not really a big deal, since you can only see it when the ramp is up. You can also cover it with a cliffy if it bothers you, but it's something to be aware of. Other than that, you just want to look for typical stuff like wear in the shooter lane, broken plastics, etc ... I'd also verify that the crossbow is working properly. It should swing back and forth smoothly, and be able to fire the ball hard enough to make both ramps.

#5966 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Early premiums may have some playfield damage from the edge of the bicycle girl ramp. It's not really a big deal, since you can only see it when the ramp is up. You can also cover it with a cliffy if it bothers you, but it's something to be aware of. Other than that, you just want to look for typical stuff like wear in the shooter lane, broken plastics, etc ... I'd also verify that the crossbow is working properly. It should swing back and forth smoothly, and be able to fire the ball hard enough to make both ramps.

Thanks for the tips, game was basically brand new. I bought it, getting it tomorrow. I joined the club

#5967 6 years ago

Thanks for the tips, game was basically brand new. I bought it, getting it tomorrow. I joined the club

TWD is probably the best game you will ever own. Congrats!

#5968 6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have what I think it a switch issue, but I can't figure out which one. Every time my game fires a ball from the trough into the shooter lane, I get 300,000 points and the DMD says "Spinners are lit".

Any ideas?

As always, thanks for your collective genius.

Cheers from Canada,

Winston.

#5969 6 years ago

@wtuttle... you probably have problems with your drop target, verify it works correct.

#5970 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It really is, I got mine about a month ago once code was finished up. Probably my favorite Stern ever.

#5971 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

And one of the most difficult too.

#5972 6 years ago

Thanks @davidpinballwizz, I'll give that a try.

#5973 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

TWD is probably the best game you will ever own

Quoted from woody76:

I got mine about a month ago once code was finished up

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

And on one of the most difficult too.

+1

one of the best game so far, with a finished (?) & very good/mature code, and last but not least, very hard to master

#5974 6 years ago

What's your favorite settings for your TWD guys?
Mine is "easy", Yoyokopter outlanes mods, posts on the lower position, first extra ball disabled. I think i will put the posts one position higher.

#5975 6 years ago

Anyone get an ETA on when colordmd guys will release updated firmware for TWD 1.6 update?

#5976 6 years ago

Highly unlikely I’ll be topping this in the near future.

2385C87A-F297-48B3-9CD1-701D0FD4D4F8 (resized).jpeg2385C87A-F297-48B3-9CD1-701D0FD4D4F8 (resized).jpeg

4350D8F9-5068-4D5A-83B5-38901E72BB88 (resized).jpeg4350D8F9-5068-4D5A-83B5-38901E72BB88 (resized).jpeg

#5977 6 years ago

15x wauw, I never am able to wait that long before I use it.

Tip of the day : If your use your inlane x multiplier the first next 'shot' will count multiplied.
Sometimes you miss your shot (post, etc...) but as long as your score is 'flashing' the x multiplier is still valid to make a shot.
No big deal but discovered this recently after owning the game for more than 2 years.

#5978 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Mine is "easy", Yoyokopter outlanes mods, posts on the lower position, first extra ball disabled. I think i will put the posts one position higher.

Factory settings.

#5979 6 years ago

15x wauw, I never am able to wait that long before I use it.
Tip of the day : If your use your inlane x multiplier the first next 'shot' will count multiplied.
Sometimes you miss your shot (post, etc...) but as long as your score is 'flashing' the x multiplier is still valid to make a shot.
No big deal but discovered this recently after owning the game for more than 2 years.

I hadn’t clocked the flashing thing! Is that a 1.6 update only feature? Sold my LE just before it came along, but about to get a Pro instead (prefer flow, etc.).

#5980 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

trop "facile" comme ça
and than 100% factory settings

#5981 6 years ago

Is this normal for the BG mod? theres a flicker while the light is white. My phone is old and the camera sucks so please excuse the focus problem.

#5982 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Is this normal for the BG mod? theres a flicker while the light is white. My phone is old and the camera sucks so please excuse the focus problem.
» YouTube video

If that's the Gnassel BG mod then it's normal. He made a few different light types.

#5983 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

If that's the Gnassel BG mod then it's normal. He made a few different light types.

It is the Gnassel BG mod, I don't mind it actually just wanted to be sure, thanks very much.

#5984 6 years ago

Changed the white GI to yellow 2led and love it, makes the game really glow nicely.

DSC04064 (resized).JPGDSC04064 (resized).JPG

DSC04065 (resized).JPGDSC04065 (resized).JPG

#5985 6 years ago

Just got my Walking Dead Premium set up and running a few weeks ago. Love this game so far, much better then I expected. I will load up some pics of the custom Well Walker soon.

#5986 6 years ago

Just set up my Premium and it seems like the well walker multi ball took no effort to trigger, like the ball just barely touches the well and it senses a hit. Any tips on how to make it a bit more difficult for the well to register a hit?

any help is appreciated.

Thank you

#5987 6 years ago

Just set up my Premium and it seems like the well walker multi ball took no effort to trigger, like the ball just barely touches the well and it senses a hit. Any tips on how to make it a bit more difficult for the well to register a hit?
any help is appreciated.
Thank you

Adjust the switch that is underneath the playfield under the well walker.

#5988 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

'm looking at the switch and I guess I'm confused how I'd do that. It doesn't appear that I'd be able to move it much without just breaking it. Sorry I'm pretty new at this so I'm more timid that I'd break it or do something worse

#5989 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

» YouTube video

It’s normal. Should simulate a broken light. Like in every horror movie.

#5990 6 years ago

'm looking at the switch and I guess I'm confused how I'd do that. It doesn't appear that I'd be able to move it much without just breaking it. Sorry I'm pretty new at this so I'm more timid that I'd break it or do something worse

I've had similar issues with mine in the past. Well walker registering just from shaker motor going off etc.

I took a couple of coils off the spring on the underside to make that a little tighter and also adjusted the switch. Try manually moving the Well walker while looking at the switch underneath (with the play-field raised) and watch to see when it registers so you get an idea of what's happening. Then adjust the metal leaf by bending it just slightly so the switch doesn't trigger quite so easily. It shouldn't need too much to make a difference.

#5991 6 years ago

For the well walker: double check the z-connector that connects the wires of the well walker switch to the main wiring loom.

My problem was in my first walking dead related that connector, and on my second machine the exact same thing.
I ended up with swapping that small connector with another one (from somewhere else in the game) and all was solved.

But of course, a too sensitive switch is certainly an option too.

#5992 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed I think would be the first place to look and will likely fix the isssue. The other suggestions mentioned will definitely do it if the switch adjustment does not.

I had an another opposite issue one time with the Well Walker not raising up enough to register when it was hit when the game was at the booth in Expo. It got some massive play and by the 2nd day that the metal tab on the front of him that the ball hits needed to be bent so that it hand more angle. That may help someone too.

#5993 6 years ago

Hi All,

On my TWD Premium, the lone drop-target for the Woodbury shot is struggling. It goes down and the machine sends pulses to bring it back up, but it doesn't come up reliably anymore. Is this a coil issue? I'm not sure how to proceed. Doesn't look like one can do too much to fix this, aside from replace the coil and re-soldier everything...which I've never done!

Looks like I might be about to learn something new...anyone know what parts to order to fix this?

Cheers,

Winston.

#5994 6 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Hi All,
On my TWD Premium, the lone drop-target for the Woodbury shot is struggling. It goes down and the machine sends pulses to bring it back up, but it doesn't come up reliably anymore. Is this a coil issue? I'm not sure how to proceed. Doesn't look like one can do too much to fix this, aside from replace the coil and re-soldier everything...which I've never done!
Looks like I might be about to learn something new...anyone know what parts to order to fix this?
Cheers,
Winston.

Check the drop target itself. There is a little protruding part that is supposed to catch on to the plastic ledge when the target is raised. This part of the target may have broken. The other possibility is that the plastic ledge itself is broken.

#5995 6 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Hi All,
Cheers,
Winston.

In test mode is it struggling to come up or is it coming up and not staying up? If it's coming up and not staying up then gweempose hit the nail on the head. You're going to find a broken plastic piece that's keeping it from staying up. Easy fix and cheap. If it's struggling to come up at all then you're going to have a problem with a coil, sleeve, connector, or electrical related.
Junky

#5996 6 years ago

Nice!

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 1.12.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-02-16 at 1.12.12 PM.png

#5997 6 years ago

Hey thanks for the update on this, that's excellent news!! Downloading it this weekend for sure.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

#5998 6 years ago

Anyone swapped out the premium GI with different red/white bulbs? Wondering what ones I should get any how many of each there are. GI seems to be missing from the manual.

#5999 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

In test mode is it struggling to come up or is it coming up and not staying up? If it's coming up and not staying up then gweempose hit the nail on the head. You're going to find a broken plastic piece that's keeping it from staying up. Easy fix and cheap. If it's struggling to come up at all then you're going to have a problem with a coil, sleeve, connector, or electrical related.
Junky

Thanks for the tips, gents. Plastic ledge is intact...so I am looking at connections. Everything seems fine to the naked eye. Comes up and down perfect in test mode. Just doesn't play well. Beginners wouldn't Notice this, but my wife and I do. Anyhow, I'll keep plugging away.

#6000 6 years ago

Then I would suspect the switch. Mechanically probably ok but the switch that sees it's in the up or down position will probably be bad.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 26.50
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.