20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg
R0010297 (resized).jpg
ff23 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 236.
#551 8 years ago

I'm still enjoying the hell out of mine. Not even remotely getting tired of it yet. Still the most played pin in my collection.

Yesterday I had started all the modes, simply needed to time out the last one and could have started Escape Terminus...then I drained from the damn Crossbow of all things.

#552 8 years ago

What kind of pitch you guys going with on this pin?

#553 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

6.5 to 7 for me. I like it FAST!

#554 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm still enjoying the hell out of mine. Not even remotely getting tired of it yet. Still the most played pin in my collection.

So true for me too.

I've been negligent on a detailed pitch measurement for my machine.. Mine is perfectly middle bubble on the OEM measurement. But it is better to self measure the pf. Not that eskaybee would not know that. .

#555 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

So true for me too.
I've been negligent on a detailed pitch measurement for my machine.. Mine is perfectly middle bubble on the OEM measurement. But it is better to self measure the pf. Not that eskaybee would not know that. .

All he does is play them and beat them, I don't think he levels shit. Once I heard he made it to the wizard mode on his Xmen and beat it with one front leg and one back leg missing from the machine

#556 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm at 6.6

If you go too steep, I would think the right ramp would get harder to make. So many times that ball just barely creeps over the crest to make it all the way around...

#557 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Actually the spot where it flies off is that little hump it has to go over. Hooked and Mezel are both making barn mods that go exactly where the ball flies off. So if you get the Barn mod you wont have anymore air balls there and you will also have a kick ass Burning Barn mod. Win win if you ask me

Plus 1 no airballs since i got the barn works perfectly

#558 8 years ago

I just checked my audits since the newest update, only 88 plays

Been busy working a bunch lately, I do like the game a smidgen more with the updates, did a little more manhandling to keep the ball out the side drains tonight, great game all the way around.

Did I post my sweet TWD gulp in this thread? I dunno, here it is, sorry if its a dup....

IMG_0811.jpgIMG_0811.jpg

#559 8 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Pro PF comes out easy not super heavy

So unlike what Spiderman was like, you dont need to go as far as having to remove the coin door interlock to get the playfield out of a Walking Dead pro?

#560 8 years ago
Quoted from windoesnot:

So unlike what spiderman was like, you dont need to go as far as having to remove the coin door interlock to get the playfield out of a Walking Dead pro?

The pro had 2 latches inside the coin door with one to the right and the other to the left in the corners. Then you can close the coin door and lift the lock down bar and take glass off. And bring the pf up on its pegs.

#561 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I just checked my audits since the newest update, only 88 plays
Been busy working a bunch lately, I do like the game a smidgen more with the updates, did a little more manhandling to keep the ball out the side drains tonight, great game all the way around.
Did I post my sweet TWD gulp in this thread? I dunno, here it is, sorry if its a dup....
IMG_0811.jpg

Shut the front door! Where the hell did you get that? I NEED one!

#562 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Shut the front door! Where the hell did you get that? I NEED one!

Trilogybeer made it. Best custom gulps ever, the clearcoat on it is better than my twd playfield

#563 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The pro had 2 latches inside the coin door with one to the right and the other to the left in the corners. Then you can close the coin door and lift the lock down bar and take glass off. And bring the pf up on its pegs.

What I mean is taking the playfield out of the cabinet completely. On a whitestar and WPC it was simple once the connectors in the backbox were removed. On Spiderman and WPT both wire looms were connected to the playfield, interconnected with each other which means a lot more work to remove the playfields from the cabinet. Just wondering if TWD pro is like the former or latter.

#564 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Be sure to put a tiny square of felt on the guide that exits the pops. Mine returns to the left flipper 90% of the time and is fast as hell.

Can you post a picture of this?

#565 8 years ago

Just picked up a TWD pro recently. I was not a fan of the game when it first came out with early code. Got this one all leveled and updated the code. Damn! I was way wrong. This game is awesome! Glad I gave it a second try.

Here's a fuzzy shit picture. Lol. Better than no pic I guess.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#566 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just picked up a TWD pro recently. I was not a fan of the game when it first came out with early code. Got this one all leveled and updated the code. Damn! I was way wrong. This game is awesome! Glad I gave it a second try.
image.jpg

Congrats welcome to the club

#567 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

image.jpg

Same here - picked up a TWDLE last week. I wasn't impressed when it was released, but after the code update and actor voice additions,this game is soooo much better. It's really the full package now - in the top 5 Sterns IMO!

#568 8 years ago

Damn thing kicked my Ass all night long!

Now Im fighting mad, and trying to get Crossbow Multiball!

...at one point, with Tunnel, and a few modes/multikills going, my wife came over, and said....Ive never seen it
play that way......!! Gosh, this takes modes to a different thrill level!

#569 8 years ago

Anyone else find the crossbow much harder to aim than the AC/DC Cannon? Seems like I have to aim ahead of where I think the ball is going to shoot. I think I have it down now, but it was certainly tougher to get used to than the AC/DC cannon.

#570 8 years ago

So the xbow is complete trash. Really about to start calling this pin the walking avengers. Hopefully some can help out.

Sometimes the bow motor goes out like it should. Other times it tries to close like it didn't do its full rotation last time and a fraction as it's about to release it stops, immediately ends xbow mode then motor runs as it should.

I've gone into switch test menu and there's 3 switches; xbow eject (ball locator switch), xbow home switch and xbow marker switch which these 2 indicate if the bow is home or out. All switches work fine; I've tried making them more sensitive, less sensitive. I've tried using a ball, using my fingers and the symptoms appear all the same. Works first few times then then the motor tries to go into the home position when it's already home and stutter steps in which sometimes it'll pause and other times continue the rotation.

Any ideas?

#571 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So the xbow is complete trash. Really about to start calling this pin the walking Avengers. Hopefully some can help out.
Sometimes the bow motor goes out like it should. Other times it tries to close like it didn't do its full rotation last time and a fraction as it's about to release it stops, immediately ends xbow mode then motor runs as it should.
I've gone into switch test menu and there's 3 switches; xbow eject (ball locator switch), xbow home switch and xbow marker switch which these 2 indicate if the bow is home or out. All switches work fine; I've tried making them more sensitive, less sensitive. I've tried using a ball, using my fingers and the symptoms appear all the same. Works first few times then then the motor tries to go into the home position when it's already home and stutter steps in which sometimes it'll pause and other times continue the rotation.
Any ideas?

Well just after posting this I decided to make the home switch trigger super early and not so easy to go to the open position cause when the xbow starts the shaker motor goes off and the vibration may have been causing the issue. Who knows. Hopefully this is the fix but the last three times I thought I had it working it broke 10 games later. Crossing fingers.

#572 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Trilogybeer made it. Best custom gulps ever, the clearcoat on it is better than my twd playfield

Damn it. I knew I should have asked him if he had done one for TWD when I talked to him about the Road Case one. I'm sure he'd kill an LE styled one too.

#573 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well just after posting this I decided to make the home switch trigger super early and not so easy to go to the open position cause when the xbow starts the shaker motor goes off and the vibration may have been causing the issue. Who knows. Hopefully this is the fix but the last three times I thought I had it working it broke 10 games later. Crossing fingers.

In your issue, is the ball loading what appears to be normally, but then it seems to hesitate before it goes out?
I get this on occasion and my least favorite part is it fires the ball and it bangs on the PDI glass. Hasn't happened recently but it's unbelievably annoying and I can't seem to figure out what the issue is.

#574 8 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Damn it. I knew I should have asked him if he had done one for TWD when I talked to him about the Road Case one. I'm sure he'd kill an LE styled one too.

He made one a long time ago for the LE, had the crosses on it. PBL use to sell it, I'll dig up a pic of it

#575 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

He made one a long time ago for the LE, had the crosses on it. PBL use to sell it, I'll dig up a pic of it

In this case I meant for my TWD LE. I think I've seen the Met one, never knew it was his work. Should have guessed after seeing your Road Case.

#576 8 years ago

I installed the Mezel bow (nice) and was left with a bow that didn't operate correctly. After lubricating the bow metal parts with white lithium grease like you would use on garage door rollers everything is smooth as butter now, no hang ups, no issues.

Hope that can help anyone with hangups with the swing out mechanism.

#577 8 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

In your issue, is the ball loading what appears to be normally, but then it seems to hesitate before it goes out?
I get this on occasion and my least favorite part is it fires the ball and it bangs on the PDI glass. Hasn't happened recently but it's unbelievably annoying and I can't seem to figure out what the issue is.

Similar but sometimes mine wouldn't even come out or fire and I'd have to take the glass off to fix.

This latest fix of making the home position switch trigger sooner and staying closed longer has vastly improved. 4 games and approximately 10/10 on xbow. So you may want to try that switch. I used the leaf adjusting tool from pinball life: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

#578 8 years ago

Also, make sure your left apron score card isn't poking out enough to keep the crossbow from seating all the way back. Mine was driving me crazy until I saw my custom score cards protruding just enough to cause the problem.

#579 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Similar but sometimes mine wouldn't even come out or fire and I'd have to take the glass off to fix.
This latest fix of making the home position switch trigger sooner and staying closed longer has vastly improved. 4 games and approximately 10/10 on xbow. So you may want to try that switch. I used the leaf adjusting tool from pinball life: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1518

Update?

I think you told me it turned out to be the switch that recognized the ball, not the home switch?

#580 8 years ago

And like any great pin it absolutely punishes you if you miss shots by a hair.

It's all I play these days as well.

Almost a year now for me with this pin.

#581 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Update?
I think you told me it turned out to be the switch that recognized the ball, not the home switch?

So far so good. But it was the home switch.....

Quoted from Eskaybee:

About 20 for 20 now with successful xbow operation.

#582 8 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Also, make sure your left apron score card isn't poking out enough to keep the crossbow from seating all the way back. Mine was driving me crazy until I saw my custom score cards protruding just enough to cause the problem.

Yes the left stock card that came with my LE had that corner already cut off.

#583 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And like any great pin it absolutely punishes you if you miss shots by a hair.

The most frustrating one for me is the missed Woodbury shot that ricochets off the blue rubber and flies straight down the left outlane ...

#584 8 years ago

Well boys, finally got my pins setup and running after modding + tweaking this weekend.

image.jpgimage.jpg

324 mil on factory settings with outlanes in so far.

And while TWD is one of the best pins I've played, it's all very similar to Avengers with how finicky it is to get tuned and working. I never thought Lyman could top ACDC rules, but I think he had with TWD. What say you?

#585 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

324 mil on factory settings with outlanes in so far.

Scratch that. Just did this! Lol.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Still having issues with the xbow. Might need a new switch but if i know it's gonna mess up and I double flip the left flipper it'll run as normal.

#586 8 years ago

IMO TWD is the most immersive pin Stern has ever made!

Try this out for fun ->>> Play sitting on a short/medium stool -> this gives you a view from a different angle which makes the game feel even more immersive! There's more glare from the backglass, but it's a blast.

#587 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And while TWD is one of the best pins I've played, it's all very similar to Avengers with how finicky it is to get tuned and working. I never thought Lyman could top ACDC rules, but I think he had with TWD. What say you?

Lyman has created another masterpiece.

I personally like the layout much better than Ac/dc, it never gets repetitive or boring to me, unique and different shots to me from any other pin.

And it's much more challenging than Ac/dc with tighter shots, although I still love it too!

#588 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And while TWD is one of the best pins I've played, it's all very similar to Avengers

Blasphemy!

#589 8 years ago

Lets face it my fellow pinheads twd is the no 1 pin in the world right know 9 20 2015 we know it but the world is late

#590 8 years ago

Well you guys have pretty much made up my mind for me....I believe I'll be snatching up a premium in the near future. I've been wanting TWD pretty much since it came out, and now with the recent code update, voice-overs, mods and everyone's comments I don't think I can hold off much longer.

It's like not asking out an attractive woman because you fear it won't last (again), and you'll just end up broke and unhappy (again). But sometimes you just need to take a chance and relieve the *stress* of not having something new to play with.

You guys get me!

#591 8 years ago

Yup, and this Gal Bites!

#592 8 years ago

I thought people were tripping when they said to avoid sdtm shots from the prison magnet you just double flip cancel the animation sequence. But sure as hell it works! When i do the double flipper the magnet usually sends the ball a bit to the right or left and sometimes it flings the living piss out of the ball. Makes me wonder why Lyman cant program it to do that when the sequence finishes?

#593 8 years ago

Has anyone done an alternate translite for the premium?

#594 8 years ago

Do pro owners care about the GI lightshow that they could get in the premium? I honestly can't find any video of the new code in the premium that contains said lightshow. All video I have seen has zero GI effects, even though there are three strings of coloured GI like in Met and ACDC premiums.
I will replicate it like I have for those other two pros if there is enough interest from pro owners.

#595 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Do pro owners care about the GI lightshow that they could get in the premium? I honestly can't any video of the new code in the premium that contains said lightshow. All video I have seen has zero GI effects, even though there are three strings of coloured GI like in Met and ACDC premiums.
I will replicate it like I have for those other two pros if there is enough interest from pro owners.

Let me know if you want one and I will make a video for you. But don't get too ahead of yourself, you still need to do Xmen and Tron first!!!

#596 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Let me know if you want one and I will make a video for you. But don't get too ahead of yourself, you still need to do Xmen and Tron first!!!

Haha. I know I know. But I can do it fast now that I have a bit of practice. I can do all three. So how about a video?

#597 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Bingo! I've had the exact same experience, and I completely agree that lowering the coil strength will not help at all because it's the speed of the ball when it comes to the flipper that's the issue.

I sent a query to Stern about this and they said it's the first time they heard about it. Everyone should call support and let them know the right ramp doesn't hold the ball. Last night I hit the Arena ramp and the ball flew off and hot the BG ramp and came back to me from the BG entrance. It's crazy.

It only happens on the combo never when you shoot for the right ramp in any other situation.

#598 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Haha. I know I know. But I can do it fast now that I have a bit of practice. I can do all three. So how about a video?

Ok uploading the video now. I will post it when uploading is complete.

#599 8 years ago

Ok, here is the video. It is my son playing and he doesn't enjoy playing pinball (would rather play Playstation or his handheld games) so he didn't start any modes for you to see the lighting in each mode but he did start two multiballs so hopefully that will be enough to give you an idea of the lighting. (also make sure you watch in 1080p HD)

#600 8 years ago

Thankfully, I have not had any air ball issues on the right ramp. My two biggest issues I've had with TWD is the xbow works intermittently and the zombie in the prison doesn't always register. I haven't tried tweaking the zombie yet, but the xbow has been a bitch! Stern is sending me new switches but u fear that's not the issue. I thought I had the issue resolved and it worked 99% flawless since Sunday night until today! Just as I was beginning to fall in love with the xbow shot, wham! Issues again where the motor starts then stops a second later and does nothing til it's time to ball search.

Other than those 2 issues, this is a great pin! But holy hell im having flashbacks of the avengers tweaking and tuning days

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,794 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.