IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 237.
#5751 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Joined the club, my first LE.

Looks great and awesome lineup! Which inner art blades are those on your TWDLE?

#5752 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

but, as this is quite a big plastic, i'm already a bit afraid with a 1 piece of lexan there, not sure it will not cause the 2 ramp fixations to break (even is 1 piece is better than 2, with 1 on each fixation)

Wow I never had a ball fly off the ramp there always on the left side return with the little hump and it has to be moving fast after an orbit, if anyone has fixed this please post a pick of the plastic, Thanks

#5753 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’m not sure where they are from. They were on the machine when I bought it.

D3FB09CD-E35F-4845-8B8A-7E50B62FC6C5 (resized).jpegD3FB09CD-E35F-4845-8B8A-7E50B62FC6C5 (resized).jpeg

D7714912-2933-4AA6-A27F-8791AC7FBA4C (resized).jpegD7714912-2933-4AA6-A27F-8791AC7FBA4C (resized).jpeg

#5754 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and than, (soft) plastic protector installed... will came back later for a feedback about flying balls... (reminder : i'm at 95 games played)
what i know already :
need a lexan piece there, because mine (soft for now) is not transparent and its hidding the place behind
but, as this is quite a big plastic, i'm already a bit afraid with a 1 piece of lexan there, not sure it will not cause the 2 ramp fixations to break (even is 1 piece is better than 2, with 1 on each fixation)
more ideas welcome of course

Yeah, that frosted plastic is just not good.

#5755 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Those are from Pingraffix. They had them also with the fence in mirror, but I can only find the normal ones now.

https://mezelmods.com/products/the-walking-dead-pinball-pinblades?variant=1292324536

#5756 6 years ago

I know it has to be somewhere but can someone please post the link to the detailed rule set / walkthrough for TWD pro? Why can’t I figure out how to get siege? I have been to horde twice in the same game and killed close to 70 walkers I think.

#5757 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Which inner art blades are those on your TWDLE?

Quoted from chubtoad13:

I’m not sure where they are from. They were on the machine when I bought it.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

Those are from Pingraffix. They had them also with the fence in mirror, but I can only find the normal ones now.

The mirrored fence ones pictured above were a limited run of 100. They have been replaced by this new version with mirrored barbed wire ...

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/twd-bladeskins

#5758 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I know it has to be somewhere but can someone please post the link to the detailed rule set / walkthrough for TWD pro? Why can’t I figure out how to get siege? I have been to horde twice in the same game and killed close to 70 walkers I think.

In 1.60 , if you look at the display , it tells you how many jackpots remaining to get to seige . I think default is 12. Keep starting prison multiball until you get there. It's not easy.

#5759 6 years ago

*** Pinball-Browser; Cataloging Sounds in TWD ***

Has anyone done any cataloging of the sounds in the v.1.6 code in Pinball-Browser?

If you don't know what I'm talking about, Pinball browser displays "Requests" by number, which correspond to sound samples. There is no description of the sound. For example, the sound for an inserted coin is listed simply as Request 168, 01s770ms. This makes it impossible to scroll through and find the samples that interest you.

It would helpful to know, for example, the request numbers of, say, the main song, etc. I have started cataloging, but there are *many* requests/samples. Has anyone here on this thread who has been using Pinball-Browser done any cataloging he/she can share? I will certainly share mine when I have more, but if there is work done already by another person, I would love to see that rather than slog through this myself.

Thanks!

#5760 6 years ago

Anyone know how to fix flickering bayonet LED socket issues? The ones right beside the flippers on each side (under the inlane guides) are flickering/not working. Tried swapping bulbs with each other but did not resolve.

#5761 6 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Anyone know how to fix flickering bayonet LED socket issues? The ones right beside the flippers on each side (under the inlane guides) are flickering/not working. Tried swapping bulbs with each other but did not resolve.

Contact Stern. I believe there is an upgraded wiring harness that fixes this.

#5762 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Has anyone done any cataloging of the sounds in the v.1.6 code in Pinball-Browser?
If you don't know what I'm talking about, Pinball browser displays "Requests" by number, which correspond to sound samples. There is no description of the sound. For example, the sound for an inserted coin is listed simply as Request 168, 01s770ms. This makes it impossible to scroll through and find the samples that interest you.
It would helpful to know, for example, the request numbers of, say, the main song, etc. I have started cataloging, but there are *many* requests/samples. Has anyone here on this thread who has been using Pinball-Browser done any cataloging he/she can share? I will certainly share mine when I have more, but if there is work done already by another person, I would love to see that rather than slog through this myself.
Thanks!

Unfortunately , i do not have an index , but the options for sorting sound samples can bring all of the longest sounds to the top or bottom (V or ^) . All music will be longer samples.

There is another option which sorts sounds in groups by events. Ex. all of the sound relevant to a mode will appear together.

#5763 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Unfortunately , i do not have an index , but the options for sorting sound samples can bring all of the longest sounds to the top or bottom (V or ^) . All music will be longer samples.
There is another option which sorts sounds in groups by events. Ex. all of the sound relevant to a mode will appear together.

Thanks for your reply, E. Sorting by duration helps, as it put the main song sample at the top, allowing me to find it for the first time. Sorting by group, however, is proving elusive. Can you be more specific?

J

#5764 6 years ago

Thanks for your reply, E. Sorting by duration helps, as it put the main song sample at the top, allowing me to find it for the first time. Sorting by group, however, is proving elusive. Can you be more specific?
J

Er, wait. I *may* have it now. Searching by "Scripts" allows me to see certain script numbers that have multiple entries, each with a different alpha ending. Trying one example - "It's gotta be in the brain!" reveals a series of similar/related callouts. Is that what you mean by "groups"?

Thanks.

J

#5765 6 years ago

Hey guys, thought I'd post this here also (I did post in the tech section but figured someone had the same issue as me).

I ordered the SAM system Shaker Motor for TWDLE and installed it. Once I went in the schematics to test the motor, it didn't go off. I followed the instructions 100%.

The Coil test for the shaker motor does not work (yes, we are holding the white coin door switch that sends High Voltage in the first place, but pressing Menu/black button does not give any activity on the motor.

My technician verified all the harnesses and there are no connection mistakes. He also used a 9Volt battery just to temporarily test the shaker motor and even at the reduced 9Volt, it spun fine.

Is there something to do in the sw setup (or newer firmware or something) that is needed before this motor can be activated? Else, I assume a defective PCB board/interface (SM PCB). We already checked the fuse and a few diodes and they are fine.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

#5766 6 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Hey guys, thought I'd post this here also (I did post in the tech section but figured someone had the same issue as me).
I ordered the SAM system Shaker Motor for TWDLE and installed it. Once I went in the schematics to test the motor, it didn't go off. I followed the instructions 100%.
The Coil test for the shaker motor does not work (yes, we are holding the white coin door switch that sends High Voltage in the first place, but pressing Menu/black button does not give any activity on the motor.
My technician verified all the harnesses and there are no connection mistakes. He also used a 9Volt battery just to temporarily test the shaker motor and even at the reduced 9Volt, it spun fine.
Is there something to do in the sw setup (or newer firmware or something) that is needed before this motor can be activated? Else, I assume a defective PCB board/interface (SM PCB). We already checked the fuse and a few diodes and they are fine.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Post a pic of your shaker board connected.

#5767 6 years ago

Er, wait. I *may* have it now. Searching by "Scripts" allows me to see certain script numbers that have multiple entries, each with a different alpha ending. Trying one example - "It's gotta be in the brain!" reveals a series of similar/related callouts. Is that what you mean by "groups"?
Thanks.
J

Yeah , i think scripts is what i meant.

Takes a long time to go through every sound and label them. Probably why nobody did.

#5768 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

... can someone please post the link to the detailed rule set / walkthrough for TWD pro?

It's marked as a key post. The link is at the top of every page in the thread.

#5769 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Post a pic of your shaker board connected.

Sure thing. Just took some pics now with the flash, got three photos. Here they are:

20171230_211546 (resized).jpg20171230_211546 (resized).jpg

20171230_211552 (resized).jpg20171230_211552 (resized).jpg

20171230_211624 (resized).jpg20171230_211624 (resized).jpg

#5770 6 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Sure thing. Just took some pics now with the flash, got three photos. Here they are:

Follow the brown wire back into the back if the cab and make sure it's connected ( should have a connector to another single brown wire).

#5771 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

It's marked as a key post. The link is at the top of every page in the thread.

The key index shows 1.56 but the link in that post is not to the rule set but just to an image of the rule cards. Perhaps the link needs to be updated? Or maybe my browser is not showing the google doc correctly? In any case now that I know what I need to do for siege I think I have everything figured out anyways.

Love the escape from Horde now. Also the endless arena fight is cool but once you miss the shot and escape the mode ends. So cool.

Still trying to figure what to do to maximize CDC mode. Loving this game! So glad to have my pro back after selling it. I have some a lot of games but it was truly the only one I ever regretted selling. It’s a keeper now for sure.

#5772 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

it was truly the only one I ever regretted selling.

same here and this time my Pre is never leaving. Horde mode wasn't coded yet when I sold my LE, no bombs or GI dynamic lighting and now with the Slayer rom theres just no chance, in my opinion the best pinball machine ever made. Zombies and Slayer? Color DMD LED and a few PF mods are still need but I'm in no rush. I'm gonna change the white GI to yellow, did a few already and it really looks great.

#5773 6 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

I’m not 100% sure about this, but you have a rev A shaker board. I had thought only rev B were compatible. I have rev B in my game and all stern games.

#5774 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Follow the brown wire back into the back if the cab and make sure it's connected ( should have a connector to another single brown wire).

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll double check how it's connected in the back. Cheers

#5775 6 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll double check how it's connected in the back. Cheers

Where does that connector in the bottom middle of the board run to? That connection is not in the rev b board.

#5776 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m not 100% sure about this, but you have a rev A shaker board. I had thought only rev B were compatible. I have rev B in my game and all stern games.

Thanks for your help! I believe this is the culprit. I purchased this package from ebay and the first time I received the shaker motor, I received a REV C package instead of the REV B so the seller had to send me the correct package. Now I see that he also sent me the wrong PCB board.

Thanks for spotting that! I was sure my technician did everything 100% correct so this was becoming a riddle for us.

Cheers

#5777 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Where does that connector in the bottom middle of the board run to? That connection is not in the rev b board.

It runs to the back box, but now I know I received the wrong part for the shaker. I'll need to contact the seller.

#5778 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

The key index shows 1.56 but the link in that post is not to the rule set but just to an image of the rule cards. Perhaps the link needs to be updated? Or maybe my browser is not showing the google doc correctly? In any case now that I know what I need to do for siege I think I have everything figured out anyways.
Love the escape from Horde now. Also the endless arena fight is cool but once you miss the shot and escape the mode ends. So cool.
Still trying to figure what to do to maximize CDC mode. Loving this game! So glad to have my pro back after selling it. I have some a lot of games but it was truly the only one I ever regretted selling. It’s a keeper now for sure.

Someone changed it. I have changed it back but it's open for anonymous modification so download it if you want a permanent copy.
Tilt has a rules wiki for it that's pretty good. http://tiltforums.com/t/walking-dead-wiki-rulesheet/122

#5779 6 years ago

Thanks!

Milhouse posted this 2 years ago. Hopefully this helps you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-pinball-browser-sound-data

Junky

#5780 6 years ago

FYI - when sounds are added in an update, it changes the address of some of the sounds.

So a lot of those sound locations (0x32) will be shifted , which is part of the challenge of re-compiling custom for each software revision.

Pinball browser has the capabilities to redefine the positions once the "shifts" are identified.

Here is the shift id info from 1.43 to 1.56 (which may apply to millhouses document)

ShiftId,1,0x32,0x30
ShiftId,1,0x41,0x40
ShiftId,1,0x98B,0x9DE
ShiftId,1,0xA02,0xA5C
ShiftId,1,0xA6B,0xACC
ShiftId,1,0xA80,0xB58
ShiftId,1,0x1061,0x1140
ShiftId,1,0x158C,0x1695

Bottom line is the document will most likely not be useful for locating exact locations anymore (once a shift is encountered) and certainly will not contain any new sounds that were added. However, the gaps or additional sounds might be revealed in the ShiftId's listed above.

If you are confused , so am i.

#5781 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

FYI - when sounds are added in an update, it changes the address of some of the sounds.
So a lot of those sound locations (0x32) will be shifted , which is part of the challenge of re-compiling custom for each software revision.
Pinball browser has the capabilities to redefine the positions once the "shifts" are identified.
Here is the shift id info from 1.43 to 1.56 (which may apply to millhouses document)
ShiftId,1,0x32,0x30
ShiftId,1,0x41,0x40
ShiftId,1,0x98B,0x9DE
ShiftId,1,0xA02,0xA5C
ShiftId,1,0xA6B,0xACC
ShiftId,1,0xA80,0xB58
ShiftId,1,0x1061,0x1140
ShiftId,1,0x158C,0x1695
Bottom line is the document will most likely not be useful for locating exact locations anymore (once a shift is encountered) and certainly will not contain any new sounds that were added. However, the gaps or additional sounds might be revealed in the ShiftId's listed above.
If you are confused , so am i.

Thanks, E, for your help - again!

And I agree: sample lists compiled for older code versions are useful only in so far as they indicate the length of a given sample, not its true request number. I will replace all the of the lacking songs (which play during modes) and perhaps a handful of the SFX I can identify. I just thought it would be fun to customize the sound of my pin. That's all.

J

#5782 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Another option to fix the pants on the well walker is the following.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-walking-dead-walker-pants
Gord

I have this and it started chipping away the day i put it on.. Although now the pants look all torn up and kind of cool. I dont think there is any real solution to this...

#5783 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sam shakers are not compatible with spike. Pinball life ones aren’t as far as I know.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=Shaker+motor

Terry from Pinball Life told me that they are the same motors...

#5784 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and than, (soft) plastic protector installed... will came back later for a feedback about flying balls... (reminder : i'm at 95 games played)
what i know already :
need a lexan piece there, because mine (soft for now) is not transparent and its hidding the place behind
more ideas welcome of course

For those of you having airballs like this, have you tried putting the coil setting to "soft"? Apparently I set mine to soft when I got the machine and with the recent update, I must have forgot to set it back to soft. Its the first time I have had an airball like this... So perhaps coil to "soft" is the way to go...

#5785 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Terry from Pinball Life told me that they are the same motors...

Yep. I’ve since learned that good to know. But it appears if you buy either he wrong system specified, you won’t have the right installation parts. Some need an extra board, some don’t. I guess make sure you have all the parts you need.

#5786 6 years ago

Can anybody tell me what "install director's cut" means in the install-menu ?

#5787 6 years ago
Quoted from Avatar:

Can anybody tell me what "install director's cut" means in the install-menu ?

Which code are you on? I'm curious what this is also.

#5788 6 years ago

I am on 1.60, but this was also selecteable in 1.56 ...

#5789 6 years ago

hmm? I'll have to check when I get home now. Has me intrigued.

#5791 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

For those of you having airballs like this, have you tried putting the coil setting to "soft"? Apparently I set mine to soft when I got the machine and with the recent update, I must have forgot to set it back to soft. Its the first time I have had an airball like this... So perhaps coil to "soft" is the way to go...

nope... may be another direction to try
and until now, no more airballs with my mod, as of course, the ramp is nicely "closed" as it... will remove it next week-end, and try to cut a smaller lexan one

#5792 6 years ago

I have the same new TWD PRO and no airballs on the right ramp. THe only way I can get an airball is if I do a combo of inner loop and right ramp with left flipper if I fire back at full speed. This is rare and no ramp guard is necessary IMO. The game slows down after a few hundred plays.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

nope... may be another direction to try
and until now, no more airballs with my mod, as of course, the ramp is nicely "closed" as it... will remove it next week-end, and try to cut a smaller lexan one

#5793 6 years ago

Does youve been bit have any purpose besides the meager points? I'm hoping I'm missing something here.

#5794 6 years ago

you drain your ball so you've been bit... what's there to miss?

#5795 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Does youve been bit have any purpose besides the meager points? I'm hoping I'm missing something here.

Bit value can build quite high, although no one is trying to build it up. with double scoring and an accidental X you could win a match by draining!

#5796 6 years ago

Almost finished setting up my nib TWD. Build date is Oct, 2017. At this point, the game should have the modified ramp extender for the bicycle girl.
Is there an easy way to know if it's installed? The end of the ramp covers up the top of the big insert, so I think it must be.
Also, would I have to worry about the ramp digging into the playfield like earlier models or should that be fixed at this point as well?
Thanks for any help!

#5797 6 years ago

As far as I know Stern never extended the BG ramp from the original design. I bought the aftermarket extender from a gentleman on this thread and although expensive it is well worth it. Makes the game WAY smoother to play on the Premium (and LE I'm sure).

#5798 6 years ago

*** SALE PENDING: Suite of mods for TWD ***

All mods are in good shape. They were installed/removed carefully in/from a new TWD pin. When taking them out, I used the original instructions to guide me, so as not to leave any parts of the mod behind. Still, just to be clear, I encourage you to look at the pictures and judge for yourself.

1. Speaker Light Kit w/red acrylic TWD grilles.
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-9.html

2. Mezel Mods TWD Tower mod
https://mezelmods.com/collections/walking-dead-pinball-mods/products/walking-dead-pinball-prison-tower

3. Laseriffic Fishtank mod w/strip LED and leads. I can’t find this particular mod on Joe’s site, but I’m fairly sure it’s his work. It ties in with splice clips to the Tower flasher – or so I read in the instructions. It adheres (double-sided tape) to a piece of aluminum that is screwed to the back panel (hole already present) and the leads snake into the cabinet through the left ramp’s hole in the back panel. If I had to guess, I would say this was made by Pinsider mod maker “mikeincali,” but I don’t know.

4. Cointaker Lighted Flipper Kit, clear
https://cointaker.com/products/led-flipper-button-kit-deluxe-stern-pre-spike-dmd

5. Woodbury sign

6. Hand-painted Zombie shooter rod, 7-7/8” x 3/8”. I don’t know what artist made this fine mod, but the quality is a notch or two above “cheap toy,” for sure. This is hand-painted. It’s made from a fairly hard material, so it doesn’t “squeeze” when you pull against the plunger spring, etc.

Retail for this set of mods is approximately $300. I’m asking $150, shipping in the cont. U.S. included. All mods were in good working order when removed, but they are sold here AS-IS.

To see a gallery of images of these very mods…
https://www.flickr.com/photos/30661173@N07/albums/72157689107238902

Payment via PayPal is fine, but only as “Friends and Family.” Otherwise, add four per cent.

Thanks for looking.

Fishtank.mod.cu (resized).jpgFishtank.mod.cu (resized).jpg
Tower.mod (resized).jpgTower.mod (resized).jpg
TWD.speaker.light.mod (resized).jpgTWD.speaker.light.mod (resized).jpg
Zombie.shooter.cu.II (resized).jpgZombie.shooter.cu.II (resized).jpg

#5799 6 years ago

This is dumb, I recently got my first color dmd. So when I update this I know I'll lose the settings/high scores, and the custom music (got the game with it, hopefully easy to replace) but will I lose the color dmd setting or file or anything?

A different point, has anyone noticed the difference in crossbow mechs from the LE (earlier run) to the later premiums? Three slots so to speak visible from above on the older LE and only one on the newer premiums. Had minor issues with both of them just noticed the difference the other day. Whatever this game is so good. Had a premium for a year and upgraded to a LE, don't think this one will leave. Slight difference in playfield color/brightness as well, but it is very slight.

#5800 6 years ago

Wasn’t the Woodbury sign factory? I always thought it was.

Great deal on the mods. I would be interested but the only ones I don’t have are the tower and the fish tank. PM me if there is a deal to be made on just those two.

Otherwise good luck with the sale.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/116?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.