IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 236.
#5701 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Definitely do not switch the shaker motors between the two games.

Now, you've got my curiosity up. Why not swap? A shaker is a shaker, isn't it? I had asked previously in this thread if TWD took a special shaker and the response I got was 'no'. I was under the impression that no matter who makes the shaker, they all function the same way and it makes no difference what pin you put one in (provided the game code has shaker features). Care to tell me what the danger was in swapping those shakers?

Thanks,

Mike in Kentucky

#5702 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Now, you've got my curiosity up. Why not swap? A shaker is a shaker, isn't it? I had asked previously in this thread if TWD took a special shaker and the response I got was 'no'. I was under the impression that no matter who makes the shaker, they all function the same way and it makes no difference what pin you put one in (provided the game code has shaker features). Care to tell me what the danger was in swapping those shakers?
Thanks,
Mike in Kentucky

I’m no expert Mike on this subject but I know the shakers for Sam and spike systems are different. I don’t know if it’s just a wiring thing or what but they are specific ones for each system. I remember people talking about this a long time ago also and seems like maybe you could have node board failures if you use the wrong shaker maybe also. Chuckwurt could probably answer your question and tell you why. I just didn’t want to see someone try and use a sam system shaker in a spike game and damage the game is why I said to not do it. I just know that they are system specific and there must be a reason for it.

#5703 6 years ago

Sam shakers are not compatible with spike. Pinball life ones aren’t as far as I know.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=Shaker+motor

#5704 6 years ago

*** Flipper Bats for TWD Premium ***

Are they unique to the Premium to accommodate the crossbow? As in, are they a little shorter in profile than those of other Sterns?

Or can something like this work if I want to replace the bats?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=269

Thanks in advance.

#5705 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Are they unique to the Premium to accommodate the crossbow? As in, are they a little shorter in profile than those of other Sterns?
Thanks in advance.

Those are he correct flipper bats.

#5706 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I’m no expert Mike on this subject but I know the shakers for Sam and spike systems are different. I don’t know if it’s just a wiring thing or what but they are specific ones for each system. I remember people talking about this a long time ago also and seems like maybe you could have node board failures if you use the wrong shaker maybe also. Chuckwurt could probably answer your question and tell you why. I just didn’t want to see someone try and use a sam system shaker in a spike game and damage the game is why I said to not do it. I just know that they are system specific and there must be a reason for it.

It is just the wiring, the shakers themselves are interchangeable. Shakers for Non spike games include separate boards. In spike games the connection is already in the game so no separate board required.

#5707 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It is just the wiring, the shakers themselves are interchangeable. Shakers for Non spike games include separate boards. In spike games the connection is already in the game so no separate board required.

To even make this even more clear (it is correct as it is), the pre-Spike games have an output that is AC. The board that comes with the shakers is just a power resistor with a diode that turns the AC into DC, nothing more than that.

On Spike games the output is DC so the board is not needed. Shakers are all the same.

#5708 6 years ago

Thanks for the clarification gents.

#5709 6 years ago

Thanks in advance.

They are just normal flipper bats. I installed those exact same ones from Pinball Life in my LE last week. Swapped out the original yellow with black ...

P1080061 (resized).JPGP1080061 (resized).JPG

#5710 6 years ago

do we have here a TWD owner with a noflix lightboard (or something similar) ?
if yes, video please
tanx

#5711 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks for the clarification gents.

Same compliment from me too!

#5712 6 years ago

well, i didnt know it will be so quick... 25 games played on our brand new TWD, and my son did reach LMS ...
we're good players of course, but not wizards (right now 403 & 425 at IFPA)
for what i've read here & there, LMS is easier to reach since 1.60
and also have to say that our pinball is playing (by luck) very nicelly : only few SDTM from the prison magnet, same from the bumpers exit
off course factory setting, slope already set higher, still misses 1 cm to be to the max
final score is still "low", need more tactics to use better the modes/multiplicators...

ok than, here's a 3 minutes video as resume enjoy !

EDIT 25/12 : spoiler alert ! as he also finished the mod... than if you dont want to see the end, dont watch !

#5713 6 years ago

Wow incredible. I don't know any that have done that. Well done. This is on 3 ball, yes?

Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, i didnt know it will be so quick... 25 games played on our brand new TWD, and my son did reach LMS ...
and also have to say that our pinball is playing (by luck) very nicelly : only few SDTM from the prison magnet, same from the bumpers exit
off course factory setting, slope already set higher, still misses 1 cm to be to the max
final score is still "low", need more tactics to use better the modes/multiplicators...
» YouTube video

#5714 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

» YouTube video

Wow, 2 BILLION points??? I am embarrassed with my 355 million high score........geeeze. Is your game a Pro model or a Premium? Congrats on your new game and the 2 billion point game. That’s just incredible!

#5715 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

» YouTube video

Great game and happy to hear you're rocking my sound package

#5716 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I am embarrassed with my 355 million high score........geeeze

No wonder your TWD never had a power reset (before the update) lol

#5717 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

» YouTube video

Holy crap! Well done. Not only have I never reached LMS, but I’ve never even come close to that score. Very impressive! This is with all factory settings with 3 balls? Man I suck!
Junky

#5718 6 years ago

cool guys, and tanx
and yes, as said above, all settings from factory... its a pro model
btw, dont be stuned, as i'm only at 450M

cleland : of course, it was also a positive point when i decided to buy this pinball ! tanx/tribute to you

#5719 6 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

... And do not forget to switch the two plastics behind the well walker so he goes back all the way from direct strikes, this will also prevent your top plastic from breaking in the future. Stern may have already fixed this on newer TWD pins but if you a NOV or earlier model they did not. See pic for reference. The smaller plastic needs to be on top. The assembly line folks assembled them incorrectly

just to say... mine TWD is build july 2017, and the big plastic is over the small one
now, tanx to your post, i directly made/place a protector to it
and of course, my WELL toy is working flawless as it

#5720 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

No wonder your TWD never had a power reset (before the update) lol

I could probably do better if it wasn't for that left side outlane. That thing is like a vacuum cleaner!

#5721 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I could probably do better if it wasn't for that left side outlane. That thing is like a vacuum cleaner!

as i said somewhere else (and not sure about your actual slope of course) i think the more slope you get, the less angles are "open" to the outlanes (due to ball velocity, when caming back up to down)... but may be i'm just fool lol

in the other hand, increasing slope also make the overall game harder...

#5722 6 years ago

talking about the well walker :

Quoted from TomGWI:

I just tried a Silicone Flipper Rubber from PInball Life.

what size ?

and i'm trying quite the same, 2 pieces of flipper rubber (to cover only the front), double face taped

#5723 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Soon enough I wont have a choice hahaha.
You would think they would have figured a better option for this since that well takes more abuse than anywhere else on the table.

Just got a Premium and the first thing I did was to touch up and Mylar the chip in the shirt. We’ll see how this holds.

Matching the color was easy. Green / Red / White.

84E7BC23-8ACE-4244-BD13-37DBBA78C472 (resized).jpeg84E7BC23-8ACE-4244-BD13-37DBBA78C472 (resized).jpeg

E3E94D08-8581-4EE3-84DC-0B678C182634 (resized).jpegE3E94D08-8581-4EE3-84DC-0B678C182634 (resized).jpeg

0A36AADE-BD9A-4FD3-B869-C4813831E2FF (resized).jpeg0A36AADE-BD9A-4FD3-B869-C4813831E2FF (resized).jpeg

66F43F18-BEBE-4122-A2D6-32D37C9CF67D (resized).jpeg66F43F18-BEBE-4122-A2D6-32D37C9CF67D (resized).jpeg

B1223B94-39ED-4973-B6BC-FC75DE039256 (resized).jpegB1223B94-39ED-4973-B6BC-FC75DE039256 (resized).jpeg

#5724 6 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

Just got a Premium and the first thing I did was to touch up and Mylar the chip in the shirt. We’ll see how this holds.
Matching the color was easy. Green / Red / White.

Another option to fix the pants on the well walker is the following.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-walking-dead-walker-pants

Gord

#5725 6 years ago

Is there a mod to prevent the ball from flying off the right ramp?

#5726 6 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

had this happend few times already... will see if i can do a plastic cover by myself...

#5727 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Another option to fix the pants on the well walker is the following.
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-walking-dead-walker-pants
Gord

Probably a dumb question but do you even have to fix the pants? I just peeled mine off and it doesn't seem to be scratching the balls up or anything like that.

#5728 6 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

What I did:

F8B7E08E-0EA4-4019-B8B2-20A47C795CDC (resized).jpegF8B7E08E-0EA4-4019-B8B2-20A47C795CDC (resized).jpeg

#5729 6 years ago

Got a sweet gift from my wife for Christmas - - the zombie head plunger from Marco's. It's smooth to the touch, unlike others I've felt.
Nothing like a pricey mod to remind a fella he married the right lady!

IMG_20171227_1817078 (resized).jpgIMG_20171227_1817078 (resized).jpg

#5730 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Probably a dumb question but do you even have to fix the pants? I just peeled mine off and it doesn't seem to be scratching the balls up or anything like that.

Glad to hear you've peeled your pants off and the your balls aren't getting scratched up. LOL

#5731 6 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

If I hit the right ramp heavy it will fly off by on the left side over the little hump, never upon entry, Anyone have that?

#5732 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If I hit the right ramp heavy it will fly off by on the left side over the little hump, never upon entry, Anyone have that?

Yes, I do. Hard shots only. Seems to come off the ramp right around the diverter area.

#5733 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

See my post above #5728.

#5734 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

See my post above #5728.

How does that prevent the ball from flying off the left side of the ramp?

#5735 6 years ago

Flying off the left hump. If you get a piece of hard clear plastic and put it at the top of the hump and adhere with strong double sided 3M tape, it’s good to go. Buddy did that to his premium I was babysitting and it never had a ball come off the right ramp ever again.

#5736 6 years ago

*** TWD Pro Bulb Breakdown Requested for DIY LED Kit ***

I've been looking at the Stern manual for this pin online, hoping to figure out just how many of each kind of bulb are used on this pin, but the numbers I see listed are none that I can cross-reference to common numbers - 44, 555, etc.

If any of you have recently LED'd your TWD, or have bought a kit which included a list of the included bulbs, I would love to hear an approximate breakdown. Something like, 35 2-LED 44's for the GI; 49 1-LED's for the inserts; 5 4-LED ? for the flashers. That kind of thing.

And no, I've never done this before, so excuse me if my request is newbian.

Thanks in advance!

#5737 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

How is that even possible? My right ramp hits have to be perfect, and even then they feel like they'll barely make it - but they do. Never do they have enough strength to fly off. What angle is your game set up?

#5738 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How is that even possible? My right ramp hits have to be perfect, and even then they feel like they'll barely make it - but they do. Never do they have enough strength to fly off. What angle is your game set up?

It happens when the ball comes flying down the left orbit after a successful tunnel shot. If you smack it up the right ramp with the left flipper it can indeed shoot right off the ramp.

#5739 6 years ago

*** TWD Pro Bulb Breakdown Requested for DIY LED Kit ***
I've been looking at the Stern manual for this pin online, hoping to figure out just how many of each kind of bulb are used on this pin, but the numbers I see listed are none that I can cross-reference to common numbers - 44, 555, etc.
If any of you have recently LED'd your TWD, or have bought a kit which included a list of the included bulbs, I would love to hear an approximate breakdown. Something like, 35 2-LED 44's for the GI; 49 1-LED's for the inserts; 5 4-LED ? for the flashers. That kind of thing.
And no, I've never done this before, so excuse me if my request is newbian.
Thanks in advance!

A kit doesn’t exist for this game as far as I know as the game came with LEDs.

#5740 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

A kit doesn’t exist for this game as far as I know as the game came with LEDs.

Actually Cointakers has an LED kit for TWD that changes the bulbs from the stark white LEDs to a warm white. it also adds color into some of the inserts... in my opinion the Cointaker kit looks so much better than stock LEDs.

#5741 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yes after a left orbit, hitting with the left flipper sends it flying off the ramp....

#5742 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

This has been reported forever. Fast clean shots to the right ramp cause air balls. Really fast shots can cause crazy air balls, off the glass, etc. Clean orbit returns are fast and can easily cause them, but I've seen air balls happen with fast returns from other shots as well. And I air ball the right ramp far more than the left ramp on the LE/Prem. I take the easy way to handle the ramps and just shoot other shots when I have a ripper to handle.

Pitch is at 6.5 degrees or so.

#5743 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

This has been reported forever. Fast clean shots to the right ramp cause air balls. Really fast shots can cause crazy air balls, off the glass, etc. Clean orbit returns are fast and can easily cause them, but I've seen air balls happen with fast returns from other shots as well. And I air ball the right ramp far more than the left ramp on the LE/Prem. I take the easy way to handle the ramps and just shoot other shots when I have a ripper to handle.
Pitch is at 6.5 degrees or so.

This is why I want to be first in line to buy my friends premium when he sells. No air balls at all. Tunnel to right ramp for days!!

#5744 6 years ago

Joined the club, my first LE.

7CC7C82B-BB8B-4329-88FC-E4FC8DF9F279 (resized).jpeg7CC7C82B-BB8B-4329-88FC-E4FC8DF9F279 (resized).jpeg

#5745 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

nice lineup you have there. enjoy!

#5746 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You don't need the pants. I just don't like the bare metal unless it's polished. The pingraphics pants look even better.

#5747 6 years ago

Are the insert decals are a little raised on this game?

The inserts themselves feel flat. But the decals aren’t totally flat, like it is on other sterns

#5748 6 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

You will love it. Best machine of all time and the more you play it the more you want to play it!

Congrats!

#5749 6 years ago

I seldom encounter airballs

But when I do the ball is F'n blazing from an orbit & I almost squeal with delight when it zips around & pops into the glass after I time a magnificent combo ever so perfectly at rocket like speeds

Squweeeeeeeeeeee

#5750 6 years ago

and than, (soft) plastic protector installed... will came back later for a feedback about flying balls... (reminder : i'm at 95 games played)

what i know already :
need a lexan piece there, because mine (soft for now) is not transparent and its hidding the place behind
but, as this is quite a big plastic, i'm already a bit afraid with a 1 piece of lexan there, not sure it will not cause the 2 ramp fixations to break (even is 1 piece is better than 2, with 1 on each fixation)

more ideas welcome of course

20171229_141235 (resized).jpg20171229_141235 (resized).jpg

20171229_141245 (resized).jpg20171229_141245 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.