IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 236.
#5651 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Bricks:

Who determined the large plastic should be on bottom behind the well walker and why? Mine is on top and seems correct to me. Just wondering.

There is earlier discussion on this that can be found. IMO, It's limited info but fwiw I changed the large plastic on my TWD from top to bottom and the mech works great. Other posts on the same topic report similar results.

#5652 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

There is earlier discussion on this that can be found. IMO, It's limited info but fwiw I changed the large plastic on my TWD from top to bottom and the mech works great. Other posts on the same topic report similar results.

Perhaps the increase in travel makes for a more pleasing effect...I'll have to give it a try.

#5653 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Bricks:

Perhaps the increase in travel makes for a more pleasing effect...I'll have to give it a try.

The aesthetics and operation are flawless with the larger plastic on the bottom so most who are aware of it go with it.

#5654 6 years ago

Sorry about my ignorance, but is it possible to change the light colors of the 3 drops targets inserts and the 6 weapons inserts?
Thanks

#5655 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry about my ignorance, but is it possible to change the light colors of the 3 drops targets inserts and the 6 weapons inserts?
Thanks

Pro model yes. Don’t think so on the premium.

#5656 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pro model yes. Don’t think so on the premium.

Coz there are bulbs on pro?

#5657 6 years ago

yes, all bulbs on the pro (leds bulbs)

Coz there are bulbs on pro?

#5658 6 years ago

Not possible to change the leds on a board with another color?

#5659 6 years ago

Not possible to change the leds on a board with another color?

No but you can add color to select inserts by simply using gels (cut colored plastic sheets) trimmed and attached under the PF.

Super easy, reversible and you can get a multicolored pack cheap at a craft store.

#5660 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

No but you can add color to select inserts by simply using gels (cut colored plastic sheets) trimmed and attached under the PF.
Super easy, reversible and you can get a multicolored pack cheap at a craft store.

That is right and good idea. Need to find them and gels!

#5661 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Bricks:

Who determined the large plastic should be on bottom behind the well walker and why? Mine is on top and seems correct to me. Just wondering.

It allows more range of movement, thus creating a more dramatic effect when you hit him squarely.

#5662 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It allows more range of movement, thus creating a more dramatic effect when you hit him squarely.

isn't there a trapped ball issue with the small plastic on top? The ball can get caught in between the walker and the small plastic. With the large on top it can't happen.

#5663 6 years ago

Everyone who has previously PM'ed for code has received a reply with the links for :

LE AND PRO

Cleland Voices : Slayer with Cannibal Corpse Blood Bath : R

Cleland Voices : Slayer with Cannibal Corpse Blood Bath : PG13

Cleland Voices : Tool Music : R

Cleland Voices : Tool Music : PG13

***NOTE: PG13 REFERS TO CLELANDS VOICE CHANGES AND DOESNT APPLY TO THE MUSIC WHICH MAY CONTAIN CURSES***

TOOL FOR SURE CONTAINS CURSES (REPEATED F WORD) ON THE RIOT MODE

HAPPY ZOMBIE HOLIDAYS!

#5664 6 years ago

Thanks for this!!!

Has there been updated show clips on these?

#5665 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

isn't there a trapped ball issue with the small plastic on top? The ball can get caught in between the walker and the small plastic. With the large on top it can't happen.

This is a good point, and probably the reason they install it with the large plastic on top at the factory. That being said, I don't recall the ball ever getting stuck there on my game, and I reversed those plastics years ago.

#5666 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This is a good point, and probably the reason they install it with the large plastic on top at the factory. That being said, I don't recall the ball ever getting stuck there on my game, and I reversed those plastics years ago.

I took the top plastic off completely for a while and got way too many stuck balls behind the walker. But maybe just having the plastics still on, but swapped is enough to stop to happening too regularly.

#5667 6 years ago

ok, as previouly said by others, let's admit Lyman sell another (NIB) TWD... than please, Gary, pay him a beer !

still following my decision to not more buy a not "finished" pin, and also, for now, to avoid spike system (tanx to GB)
as players (with my son), and while we never had TWD home before, this choice was than more than logical
order is done already, now just have to wait Santa delivering

#5668 6 years ago

talking about Lyman...

Quoted from WJxxxx:

I found him really friendly and happy to chat about his games, despite the fact that he must be asked the same questions over and over again. It probably helped that this was near the end of a very long night in a Belgian bar...

yep
and EPC 2015 in our country was a blast

#5669 6 years ago

Has anyone had stucky balls on the left ramp?

I’m so confused. I hit a pretty solid shot to the left ramp, the ball disappears behind the backboard, then nothing... doesn’t come out the other side.

As soon as I lift the playfield up to investigate the ball comes rolling out. I reach back there and feel the inside of the ramp and there doesn’t seem to be anything the ball could catch on.

Gremlins?

#5670 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Has anyone had stucky balls on the left ramp?
I’m so confused. I hit a pretty solid shot to the left ramp, the ball disappears behind the backboard, then nothing... doesn’t come out the other side.
As soon as I lift the playfield up to investigate the ball comes rolling out. I reach back there and feel the inside of the ramp and there doesn’t seem to be anything the ball could catch on.
Gremlins?

I had that happen early on. It turned out there were some wires hanging down that would block the ramp behind the backboard when the playfield was down.

#5671 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I had that happen early on. It turned out there were some wires hanging down that would block the ramp behind the backboard when the playfield was down.

Thanks. Probably is something that simple. I’ll look for any rogue wires and zip them up .

#5672 6 years ago

Same thing happened to me as soon as I got it out of the box. Just had to tuck some cables into the head and good to go for the past year.

#5673 6 years ago

ok, wait is over ...

my son is happy (while he's not showing a lot lol), its a july 2017 build, code was of course 1.56, have to upgrade to 1.60 (and/or CLELAND)

the bad point : buying it now with the actual price (just under STERN new games), compare to when pinball goes out...
in the other way, the good point :TWD is now a must for sure ! it was not in 2014...

17122101 (resized).jpg17122101 (resized).jpg

17122102 (resized).jpg17122102 (resized).jpg

17122103 (resized).jpg17122103 (resized).jpg

17122104 (resized).jpg17122104 (resized).jpg

17122105 (resized).jpg17122105 (resized).jpg

#5674 6 years ago

yes
great

#5675 6 years ago

wai, ça va chier lol

#5676 6 years ago

Congratz Michel!!

#5677 6 years ago

merci David...

btw, probs already, as game is rebooting randomly while playing or even in attract mode
already checked the cards connectors, all seems OK and plugged correctly
:/

#5678 6 years ago

Yes... hope it's an easy fix.
ps: I like the original more than the modified. Modified to me feels not so consistent (content, quality of samples differs, volume levels, ..). Lots of effort and appreciated by a lot, but not my preference.

#5679 6 years ago

Someone asked about the flipper bats, just wanted to give a heads up, they will only work on a pro. On the Prem/LE if you put something like that on, the crossbow will hit them when it tries to swing out.

#5680 6 years ago

Hey guys, I just installed the Shaker Motor from Pinball life into my TWD. Question for you... Compared to my GB shaker from Pinball Life, the TWD is much weaker. Is there anyway to turn it up? It just seems underwhelming as is..

Perhaps the difference from Sam and Spike?

#5681 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Is there anyway to turn it up?

Don't think it is a Spike/SAM issue, more game to game based on the coding. The shaker kits are different across generations, but I assumed you bought the right one.

Have you adjusted or looked the weights on it? The closer they are together the bigger the shake.

Also check the feature adjustment and set it to max. It isn't intensity, just when it is used.

#5682 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Don't think it is a Spike/SAM issue, more game to game based on the coding. The shaker kits are different across generations, but I assumed you bought the right one.
Have you adjusted or looked the weights on it? The closer they are together the bigger the shake.
Also check the feature adjustment and set it to max. It isn't intensity, just when it is used.

Hmmnn, ill have to take a look at the weights, i have not adjusted them. I believe they are both sitting in the same direction currently...

#5683 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hmmnn, ill have to take a look at the weights, i have not adjusted them. I believe they are both sitting in the same direction currently...

Played with the weights, when they are in opposite directions, i literally cant even feel the shaker... I put it back with both facing the same way and like I said, its ok. I almost seems to be getting a bit stronger the more I play. I dont know how that makes any sense but.... Like I said, just seems like my GB one is much stronger.

#5684 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

just seems like my GB one is much stronger.

I'm having the same results with my shaker. The action is nothing like that of the shakers in my other pins. I think maybe it is the way the game is coded. There may be nothing we can do about it.

#5685 6 years ago

I have pinball life's shaker in mine and I think it does a great job. It doesn't rattle your teeth like some ok ther games do. I would suggest cointaker's shaker if you want to rattle your teeth.

#5686 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I'm having the same results with my shaker. The action is nothing like that of the shakers in my other pins. I think maybe it is the way the game is coded. There may be nothing we can do about it.

Im thinking that as well... are the shakers in your other pins all from the same company?

#5687 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I have pinball life's shaker in mine and I think it does a great job. It doesn't rattle your teeth like some ok ther games do. I would suggest cointaker's shaker if you want to rattle your teeth.

I just find it strange that 2 motors from the same company seem different. As mentioned, perhaps its the coding.... now im wondering if I should tone down my GB shaker lol

#5688 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hey guys, I just installed the Shaker Motor from Pinball life into my TWD. Question for you... Compared to my GB shaker from Pinball Life, the TWD is much weaker. Is there anyway to turn it up? It just seems underwhelming as is..
Perhaps the difference from Sam and Spike?

There is a adjustment in the menus, see if the shaker is set to maximum use.

#5689 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

There is a adjustment in the menus, see if the shaker is set to maximum use.

Doesn’t make it shake harder just more frequently.

#5690 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Doesn’t make it shake harder just more frequently.

I think it’s might make it shake for a longer duration rather than more frequent, not sure though. The shaker was about to shake my GB cabinet apart though and I put it on moderate use instead of maximum and it seems much less violent now. I just tried this myself to make sure that I wasn’t imagining things. First of all the default is set to Maximum for the factory default on my GB so chances are TWD is also, but I had set mine to moderate because it was shaking the game too much when it went in to storage facility multiball. I just set it back to maximum use and went into storage facility multiball and I swear it damn near shakes my game apart. I don’t know if it shakes longer, harder, or whatever but the difference is huge and my game wouldn’t last no time if I leave it on Maximum use.

My TWD is set on Maximum use and it’s just fine so no need to dial it back, but it could be a possibility that his is not on Maximum, it’s worth a look at least. I have the Pinball Life shakers by the way. If his game is already on Maximum use then I’m not sure what is wrong because my TWD shakes plenty hard enough. Hope this helps.

#5691 6 years ago

I installed a Pinball life shaker in my TWD premium and it shakes plenty hard. Comparable to GB w shaker.

#5692 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think it’s might make it shake for a longer duration rather than more frequent, not sure though. The shaker was about to shake my GB cabinet apart though and I put it on moderate use instead of maximum and it seems much less violent now. I just tried this myself to make sure that I wasn’t imagining things. First of all the default is set to Maximum for the factory default on my GB so chances are TWD is also, but I had set mine to moderate because it was shaking the game too much when it went in to storage facility multiball. I just set it back to maximum use and went into storage facility multiball and I swear it damn near shakes my game apart. I don’t know if it shakes longer, harder, or whatever but the difference is huge and my game wouldn’t last no time if I leave it on Maximum use.
My TWD is set on Maximum use and it’s just fine so no need to dial it back, but it could be a possibility that his is not on Maximum, it’s worth a look at least. I have the Pinball Life shakers by the way. If his game is already on Maximum use then I’m not sure what is wrong because my TWD shakes plenty hard enough. Hope this helps.

Just swap the shakers between GB and TWD.

#5693 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Mine is set to maximim.... seems others say GB shakes harder than TWD as well. Like someone else said, on GB when storage facility goes off, it shakes very hard. TWD doesnt come close to matching it.

At this point im just going to assume its based on coding. I did email Pinball Life to see what he says as well...

#5694 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Just swap the shakers between GB and TWD.

Do not do this. They are not interchangeable

#5695 6 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I just find it strange that 2 motors from the same company seem different. As mentioned, perhaps its the coding.... now im wondering if I should tone down my GB shaker lol

I think that you should turn it down a little probably because I have found A couple small screws that have vibrated out of my game and fell into the bottom of the cabinet. I can’t for the life of me find where they fell out from but I’m sure that one day I’m going to find out one way or the other.

#5696 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do not do this. They are not interchangeable

Definitely do not switch the shaker motors between the two games. Good catch Chuck!

#5697 6 years ago

adjust the shaker itself, its easy. The settings in adj is only for frequency not strength.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-adjust-a-shaker-motor-on-tftc-tutorial

#5698 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

adjust the shaker itself, its easy. The settings in adj is only for frequency not strength.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-adjust-a-shaker-motor-on-tftc-tutorial

If it’s only for frequency, then can you explain to me why there is far less vibration in storage facility multiball on GB when I switch my settings from maximum to moderate?

#5699 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If it’s only for frequency, then can you explain to me why there is far less vibration in storage facility multiball on GB when I switch my settings from maximum to moderate?

Ghost, thats the only possible explanation I haven't had a Stern running spike with a shaker last one was TWD so very well could be part of adj now but the maximium usage adj I would assume still only applies to frequency.

#5700 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Ghost, thats the only possible explanation I haven't had a Stern running spike with a shaker last one was TWD so very well could be part of adj now.

There is also a setting on GB called longer or something like that. I haven’t tried that but I’m assuming it just means that the shaker runs for a longer amount of time. I haven’t messed around with TWD shaker settings any because I’ve had no reason to but I’m telling you on GB there is absolutely a difference in the vibration during storage facility multiball between the moderate and maximum setting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/114 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.