IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 236.
#5601 6 years ago

any links for custom rule cards, the yellow has to go. Thanks

#5603 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

any links for custom rule cards, the yellow has to go. Thanks

While you’re at it, go for black flipper bats! Looks great with red rubber. I’ve always found the yellow flipper bats out of place, personally.

#5604 6 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

While you’re at it, go for black flipper bats! Looks great with red rubber. I’ve always found the yellow flipper bats out of place, personally.

Wouldn't recommend this as it decreases the playability of your machine. The yellow bats are easier for the eyes to pick up.

light (resized).jpglight (resized).jpg

#5605 6 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

Way ahead of ya.

#5606 6 years ago

I have the boney bats w/red urethane or silicone (cant recall)

20171210_185656 (resized).jpg20171210_185656 (resized).jpg

20171210_185812 (resized).jpg20171210_185812 (resized).jpg

#5607 6 years ago
Quoted from Olbighoss48:

Joined the club today with a NIB premium. Is there any day one items I need to be aware of? The game will arrive on Monday.

Yes for sure check on the mylar as when I got my NIB it wasn't there and sure enough it started wearing down just a hair but nothing that could be seen. Also the adjustment on the left Bicycle Girl ramp may be needed if its clanky or if the ball has issues with air balls once it comes up the steep ramp. There are several posts on here that helped me to bet mine dialed in perfect and now its quite and smooth. If you need any pics I can send them too. The Bicycle Girl mod is a must have also as you can now see her and with the 2 LED lights (red and white) and its is very interactive. Excellent mod! Congrats on getting one of the best games made and even better they just updated the code for you so consider yourself spoiled too. Good stuff!

#5608 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The Bicycle Girl mod

Is this still available?

#5609 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Is this still available?

Pretty sure it is... just got mine a month or so ago. PM Gnassel and he’ll give you details.

#5610 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Pretty sure it is... just got mine a month or so ago. PM gnassel and he’ll give you details.

Yes that is who I got mine from and they are high quality plus he is excellent to deal with too.

#5611 6 years ago

Anybody with the Pinstadium lights on their game recommend a certain color flasher to go with? I'm not interested in the UV as I have that on my RZ that it sits right next to.

#5612 6 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

Anybody with the Pinstadium lights on their game recommend a certain color flasher to go with? I'm not interested in the UV as I have that on my RZ that it sits right next to.

I would definitely do red for TWD. Never seen it, but I doubt it looks anything but amazing. Haha

If you thought the start to horde was amazing before......

#5613 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes for sure check on the mylar as when I got my NIB it wasn't there and sure enough it started wearing down just a hair but nothing that could be seen. Also the adjustment on the left Bicycle Girl ramp may be needed if its clanky or if the ball has issues with air balls once it comes up the steep ramp. There are several posts on here that helped me to bet mine dialed in perfect and now its quite and smooth. If you need any pics I can send them too. The Bicycle Girl mod is a must have also as you can now see her and with the 2 LED lights (red and white) and its is very interactive. Excellent mod! Congrats on getting one of the best games made and even better they just updated the code for you so consider yourself spoiled too. Good stuff!

Thanks for the intel. My entire family has been playing all evening, and we like the game more than we had imagined. As far as, I can tell we have been lucky and all the shots are smooth. The only issue so far is that my USB drive isn't recognized, so I will need to pick up another to update.

TWD_Pinball (resized).jpgTWD_Pinball (resized).jpg

#5614 6 years ago
Quoted from Olbighoss48:

The only issue so far is that my USB drive isn't recognized, so I will need to pick up another to update.

You might try reformatting your existing USB stick and make sure it’s FAT32. That seems to be one of the reason some sticks aren’t recognized.

#5615 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would definitely do red for TWD. Never seen it, but I doubt it looks anything but amazing. Haha
If you thought the start to horde was amazing before......

I was thinking red too.

#5616 6 years ago
Quoted from Olbighoss48:

Thanks for the intel. My entire family has been playing all evening, and we like the game more than we had imagined. As far as, I can tell we have been lucky and all the shots are smooth. The only issue so far is that my USB drive isn't recognized, so I will need to pick up another to update.

Nice game Bighoss, congrats!

#5617 6 years ago

FYI - for anyone that has my TWD Ramp Flap Extension (for Premium/LE left ramp)...

To make the ramp as totally smooth as possible, add a small piece of mylar on top of the ramp flap AND extension (just below the rivets).
The mylar will cover the seam between the ramp flap and the extension to completely smooth out the ramp.

#5618 6 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Wouldn't recommend this as it decreases the playability of your machine. The yellow bats are easier for the eyes to pick up.

That's an interesting idea. I might try an experiment and play ten games with yellow, ten with black, and see how the numbers shake out. Since the flippers are in a fixed position on the playfield, I don't think I need to track them the way I do the ball. I'd be curious if I can see any quantitative difference in scores.

Good news is that it's easy to change flipper bats!

#5619 6 years ago
Quoted from T7:

The mylar will cover the seam between the ramp flap and the extension to completely smooth out the ramp.

Can you post a pic of that. Thanks

#5620 6 years ago
Quoted from Olbighoss48:

Thanks for the intel. My entire family has been playing all evening, and we like the game more than we had imagined. As far as, I can tell we have been lucky and all the shots are smooth.

You didn't get lucky, that's the machine as reported by most every owner... then there is pinside.

#5621 6 years ago

For those of you with premium/LE's, I have a tip. I've noticed that if you get the ball stuck under the bicycle girl ramp, it has a tendency to drain straight down the middle once it goes into ball search and lifts the ramp. This is extremely frustrating, but there is a simple solution. Just make sure you have coin door ball saver turned on, and as soon as the ramp releases the ball, open the coin door. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

#5622 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

You might try reformatting your existing USB stick and make sure it’s FAT32. That seems to be one of the reason some sticks aren’t recognized.

Also make sure the first partition is 8Gb or smaller. If all your drives are larger than that it's possible to resize & split but unless you're a computer person it's easier just to use 8Gb or smaller USB drives.

#5623 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

You didn't get lucky, that's the machine as reported by most every owner... then there is pinside.

I love this response!! And I love this site... but it can sure get frustrating when the machines you like are crapped on by a few and the mob mentality takes over.

#5624 6 years ago

Joined the club again with a premium. Love the game, but one thing I want to change is the lit up “walking dead logo” on the backbox is super bright and reflects onto the playfield. Anyone have any suggestions to dampen the light itself or the reflection of it without having to buy anti glare glass and such?

Thanks,
Jason

#5625 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Joined the club again with a premium. Love the game, but one thing I want to change is the lit up “walking dead logo” on the backbox is super bright and reflects onto the playfield. Anyone have any suggestions to dampen the light itself or the reflection of it without having to buy anti glare glass and such?
Thanks,
Jason

Electrical tape on the lightbulb

#5626 6 years ago

Also, Daniel was the real Bully.

Johnny was the victim

#5627 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Also, Daniel was the real Bully.

"better get em a bady bag" hahahahah oh the memories.

#5628 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Anyone have any suggestions to dampen the light itself or the reflection of it without having to buy anti glare glass and such?

You can get E tape in basically every color, I wrapped my bulb in green tape leaving a little space between the wraps and it looks good, but a few strips of black across the front of the bulb will work fine.

#5629 6 years ago

so im starting to get an issue where when ball is in play and I shoot woodbury shot the auto fire kind of buzzes like its trying to fire but doesn't fire, eventually it does. This has been happening for a while now and don't really know how to approach fixing it, anyone elese ever have this issue?

#5630 6 years ago

Anyone getting and issue on the pro when you turn the machine on and the volume is set at the highest level?

Neil.

#5631 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Anyone getting and issue on the pro when you turn the machine on and the volume is set at the highest level?
Neil.

If you just updated the code, it resets all of your settings and you'll have to adjust to your preferences again.

#5632 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

If you just updated the code, it resets all of your settings and you'll have to adjust to your preferences again.

yeah - I get that I've done that. But when the machine is powered up, it sets the volume super high, all other settings are fine.

Neil.

#5633 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

yeah - I get that I've done that. But when the machine is powered up, it sets the volume super high, all other settings are fine.
Neil.

After updating the code on my TWD premium to version 1.60 my overall volume was set really high (38 on the front service panel) and was unbearably loud even for my deaf ears. I lowered the volume (using front service panel buttons) to a more tolerable level (18 or so) and the game retained the new settings without any issues even after rebooting.

Gord

#5634 6 years ago

Appologies in advance if this is tabled any where, wondering if someone could take the time to,post..back..

our TWD premium NIB is suppose to show up tomorrow and interested in having all the optimum settings setup as we put it together during unboxing.

Can anyone take a moment to put in a post for all of the best settings, angle, elevation, flipper etc..that we should utilize for a new family just getting in the hobby... I recognize this is subjective but really just looking for a starting point. We ordered Cliffy’s for all our pins coming tomorrow but never thought to ask what would be the best way to configure these on initial setup.

Thank you for posting really appreciate your help!

#5635 6 years ago
Quoted from Requis:

Appologies in advance if this is tabled any where, wondering if someone could take the time to,post..back..
our TWD premium NIB is suppose to show up tomorrow and interested in having all the optimum settings setup as we put it together during unboxing.
Can anyone take a moment to put in a post for all of the best settings, angle, elevation, flipper etc..that we should utilize for a new family just getting in the hobby... I recognize this is subjective but really just looking for a starting point. We ordered Cliffy’s for all our pins coming tomorrow but never thought to ask what would be the best way to configure these on initial setup.
Thank you for posting really appreciate your help!

Generally, you want the machine to be level side-to-side and to be set at 6.5 degrees. Set the pitch of the game first, then set the level. You can download a clinometer app on your smartphone and it'll do both for you. Just make sure that the back of your phone is completely flat (no cases) to get accurate readings. For leveling, I like to use the old fashion bubble leveler. Take a small bubble level and place it in a spot towards the back of the playfield, and also in between the slingshots. Level both the rear legs and the front legs. Check a few times to make sure. It helps to have a second person looking at the level so you don't have to climb under several times.

As for game settings, you'll want to set volume under normal boot mode, and freeplay, under the "General" menu settings. For most machines, I like to play on default settings, but if you find you need to tweak ball save times, replay awards (to award an extra ball instead of a credit) or anything else, you'll find that on your own in time.

Make sure you download the latest code from Stern. Put it on a zip drive and in the backbox, flip dipswitch 8 (top one), plug in your zip drive and turn the machine on, follow the prompts. It takes about 45 minutes to upload a code.

Enjoy!

And welcome to the hobby. TWD being your first machine is quite the step! It is a brutally difficult game, but as you play more and your skills increase, it is one of the best games made in pinball. Be patient with it...and "Play better!"

#5636 6 years ago

So I just jumped feet first into the Stern pool by buying a TWD Pro. Have several pins from older Bally/Williams to newer CGC. I absolutely love the game.
Ashamed to say I was a Stern skeptic, but after playing and really enjoying a local TWD, I said to hell with the screaming from the haters, and I am glad I finally thought for myself and did it. It is just an incredible game with an awesome rule set and some very fun shots. It has really helped my nudging, as it is necessary to get better scores. I love it.

I have a question. My game is almost flaw/issue free with two exceptions, and my searches have proved fruitless for answers. My issues are:

1.) My well walker often gets stuck in the back position. Not sure if this is supposed to happen, but the routed game I played never did. There is a lot of play in the well that he sits in and I don't know how to prevent it, and how it is supposed to function. When he goes back, the well assembly sometimes sort of lifts and his one of his back fat creases (never thought I'd say that on pinside) props on the plastic behind him. Another hit or strong vibration will knock him back down but I am guessing this isn't normal. Table is properly setup for slope 6.5 and dead nuts level. I tried making it steeper hoping it would make it less frequent but no dice.

2.) About every 4-5 games a ball will not register as draining. The game goes into ball search mode and takes a while before just ending the ball and ejecting another. It is frustrating as my (admittedly modest by most standards) high score was on two balls. I cursed when I realized I would never know what might have been. A quick glance at the trough didn't really reveal how to address it. Any thoughts?

I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but the trough and the whole underside of the playfield is a completely different animal than the 90's williams that I have gotten comfy with. (I can't fathom why in the world pros don't have rails instead of those posts, as I would pay extra for their return, but I have learned to live with em!) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#5637 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

So I just jumped feet first into the Stern pool by buying a TWD Pro. Have several pins from older Bally/Williams to newer CGC. I absolutely love the game.
Ashamed to say I was a Stern skeptic, but after playing and really enjoying a local TWD, I said to hell with the screaming from the haters, and I am glad I finally thought for myself and did it. It is just an incredible game with an awesome rule set and some very fun shots. It has really helped my nudging, as it is necessary to get better scores. I love it.
I have a question. My game is almost flaw/issue free with two exceptions, and my searches have proved fruitless for answers. My issues are:
1.) My well walker often gets stuck in the back position. Not sure if this is supposed to happen, but the routed game I played never did. There is a lot of play in the well that he sits in and I don't know how to prevent it, and how it is supposed to function. When he goes back, the well assembly sometimes sort of lifts and his one of his back fat creases (never thought I'd say that on pinside) props on the plastic behind him. Another hit or strong vibration will knock him back down but I am guessing this isn't normal. Table is properly setup for slope 6.5 and dead nuts level. I tried making it steeper hoping it would make it less frequent but no dice.
2.) About every 4-5 games a ball will not register as draining. The game goes into ball search mode and takes a while before just ending the ball and ejecting another. It is frustrating as my (admittedly modest by most standards) high score was on two balls. I cursed when I realized I would never know what might have been. A quick glance at the trough didn't really reveal how to address it. Any thoughts?
I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but the trough and the whole underside of the playfield is a completely different animal than the 90's williams that I have gotten comfy with. (I can't fathom why in the world pros don't have rails instead of those posts, as I would pay extra for their return, but I have learned to live with em!) Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Service rails can be bought at pinball life

Put the game into switch test and text the trough switches. One may need adjustment or be aligned better. Play around with it.

I believe your well walkers hand is getting caught on the sign above the right ramp. Check that and move out of the way if necessary.

#5638 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Issue 1. Check the plastics behind the Well Walker. A lot of games shipped with them installed incorrectly at the factory. The larger of the two plastics should be on the bottom.

Issue 2. Reseat the connectors on the ball trough board. Lift the playfield out and rest in the two sticks. Have a looksee at the mechanism where the balls are stored. You should see a couple of connectors. Unplug them and plug them back in a couple of times.

Great choice of game. Easily one of the best games ever made.

#5639 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Issue 2. Reseat the connectors on the ball trough board. Lift the playfield out and rest in the two sticks. Have a looksee at the mechanism where the balls are stored. You should see a couple of connectors. Unplug them and plug them back in a couple of times.

I thought TWD was switches not optos?

#5640 6 years ago

Make sure the balls are not magnetized. I was having the same issues with drains not registering on my LOTR and it was because the balls were getting stuck together and not rolling properly down the trough. I demagnetized them and that fixed the problem (temporarily anyways).

#5641 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I thought TWD was switches not optos?

In that case, check the switch is properly aligned.

#5642 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Make sure the balls are not magnetized. I was having the same issues with drains not registering on my LOTR and it was because the balls were getting stuck together and not rolling properly down the trough. I demagnetized them and that fixed the problem (temporarily anyways).

This too. Super Shiny balls are bad.

#5643 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I have the boney bats w/red urethane or silicone (cant recall)

how hard was it to install these? ive been wanting to put some on mine but not sure if adjusting the gap etc would be a pain

#5644 6 years ago

Re: The sticking Well Walker in the back position. Thanks for the suggestions. The following short video shows my issue and some questionable assembly movement "up". Is this normal?

The larger of the two plastic pieces was in fact mounted on top, so I switched it as suggested. This has only given him a more extreme angle to remain back in though.

#5645 6 years ago

For issue 2 - as noted check the ball trough switches. They are cherries with rollers, except trough 1 and jam, which are optos. My game arrived with a intermittent trough 1 opto transmitter. When I tapped the trough opto transmitter board I could see the opto flicker. The result was some strange game play including not recognizing drained balls and 2 balls loaded to the shooter lane.

#5646 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

Re: The sticking Well Walker in the back position. Thanks for the suggestions. The following short video shows my issue and some questionable assembly movement "up". Is this normal?
» YouTube video
The larger of the two plastic pieces was in fact mounted on top, so I switched it as suggested. This has only given him a more extreme angle to remain back in though.

I do not think that assemble should be shifting like that. Pop the hood and see if you can see anything loose or not tighten down.

#5647 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I do not think that assemble should be shifting like that. Pop the hood and see if you can see anything loose or not tighten down.

Maybe the spring is worn and weak and should be replaced?
That can happen if the game is in storage for a while, as the Walker leans back and pulls the spring.

It's a very simple swap out, assuming you have a replacemnet spring on hand.

#5648 6 years ago
Quoted from hanzie:

how hard was it to install these? ive been wanting to put some on mine but not sure if adjusting the gap etc would be a pain

It was easy!

Maybe just do one at a time, make sure nothing rubs, line it up & torque em down.

#5649 6 years ago
Quoted from SDTMinSTL:

» YouTube video

My well walker does the same thing. Registers all hits correctly so I assume this is the way it was designed.

#5650 6 years ago

Who determined the large plastic should be on bottom behind the well walker and why? Mine is on top and seems correct to me. Just wondering.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.