Topic Stats

• 8,773 posts
  • 581 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 198 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,486 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200116_174106 (resized).jpg
093A15C4-6171-43C2-A97F-76640B8CF68E (resized).jpeg
20200116_143425 (resized).jpg
032 (resized).jpg
009 (resized).jpg
014 (resized).jpg
005 (resized).jpg
013 (resized).jpg
004 (resized).jpg
011 (resized).jpg
008 (resized).jpg
024 (resized).jpg
006 (resized).jpg
IMG_3248 (resized).jpg
IMG_3247 (resized).jpg
IMG_3290 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

10 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8773 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 176.
#5552 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Just installed Cleland 1.60 on my prem and played 1 game after to test. Put up a 498mil GC, my best score to date. Don’t think the new code had much to do with it, but I could be wrong. Had like 93mil in Riot and a 7x multiplied wellwalker multiball jackpot for 63mil. I’ll have to read again, but don’t think those were affected by the code update. In any case, still my favorite game and won’t be leaving anytime soon.

I think the scoring is more generous than before, not sure by how much but I seem to always have more walker kills than before.

#5553 2 years ago

How much easier is it to get to Horde Mode? We want more Horde Mode dammit!!

#5554 2 years ago

Horde qualification difficulty is exactly the same. Which is good as it is imho

#5555 2 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Horde qualification difficulty is exactly the same. Which is good as it is imho

I thought i seen someone say it was a little easier to achieve. It's pretty difficult to get and I bet some people never see it.

I know. .....play better

#5556 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I thought i seen someone say it was a little easier to achieve.

Trust me it isn't
LMS is easier, weapons/multikills qualification towards Horde is exactly the same

#5557 2 years ago

Bicycle girl is lit from the start and pops up more. So that's one thing easier.

#5558 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Bicycle girl is lit from the start ...

I noticed that. Is this just a new default setting? I assume you can still have it be unlit at the beginning of the game?

#5559 2 years ago

I sold my LE before Horde was programmed and now that I've experienced it I'm blown away, I thought Siege was cool but Horde is now my favorite mode in all of pinball hands down.

#5560 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I sold my LE before Horde was programmed and now that I've experienced it I'm blown away, I thought Siege was cool but Horde is now my favorite mode in all of pinball hands down.

I would agree that Horde is the coolest mode in all of pinball.

#5561 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Horde is definitely one of the coolest modes if not the best mode in all of pinball! Keeps you on your toes and will absolutely punish you if you miss your shots! I do enjoy the fact that all shots are lit except for the most recent hit with the new update. It really gives you that feeling that they just keep coming!! And while last man standing is somewhat more attainable due to the changes in 1.60, let’s not fool ourselves, it’s still a difficult task! And horde, nothing was really altered to make it any easier to get to, so it’ll always keep you coming back for more!

#5562 2 years ago

Horde is much harder now. Used to be, it took forever to get bit by a walker who was really close to you. Now they don't give you much time. Makes for a much better mode.

#5563 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Horde is much harder now. Used to be, it took forever to get bit by a walker who was really close to you. Now they don't give you much time. Makes for a much better mode.

I did notice this! Again going back to if you miss your shots, the game will punish you. This game really does offer a different experience every time which is what makes it great!

#5564 2 years ago

Yes, BG on at start is setting. I turned it off right away.

#5565 2 years ago

Yes correct, horde itself was too easy. Getting bit was such a rare thing. And you just kept playing (most of the time) untill you lost your ball.
Now it's perfect because:
You drain your ball before level 3 --> bad luck but you really should have played better because the lower the level the less shots you need to advance
You get bit (more often now) --> horde ends but you loose your horde bonus
You play good / take some risk and cash in big with the horde escape bonus. (even doubled with the 2x playfield).
And then you continue to play toward LMS.

Before it was a real cool mode but it blocked your path toward LMS. Now it's perfect and really balanced in the risk vs award

#5566 2 years ago

I love this game but sometimes (errr almost always in fact) it's too frustrating. And my only others games are IM and BSD. And my TWD is not on stock settings (Yoyo outlanes, ballsave at 10, outlanes posts on the lower position). Sometimes I think to put 5 balls settings but it will be the first time i do that.

#5567 2 years ago

play better!

#5568 2 years ago

You going to be streaming again soon Neil, was a great stream the other night, specially when you hit horde and started jumping around like a school boy at xmas

#5569 2 years ago

was going to tomorrow night but been hit with manflu, if I feel better I'll do a stream!

#5570 2 years ago

Whoa!!! How’s that for an “X” shot?! 10x Multiplier on a well walker super jackpot!!! Shot 1,404,277,460 this game! Good for my second highest ever. Killing it on this new code!!! Wish I could stream this for you guys!!!

F56FC27B-3642-4441-9B1F-6688A6293EC4 (resized).jpeg

#5571 2 years ago

DSC03957 (resized).JPG

DSC03952 (resized).JPG

DSC03958 (resized).JPG

DSC03955 (resized).JPG

#5572 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

I love this game but sometimes (errr almost always in fact) it's too frustrating. And my only others games are IM and BSD. And my TWD is not on stock settings (Yoyo outlanes, ballsave at 10, outlanes posts on the lower position). Sometimes I think to put 5 balls settings but it will be the first time i do that.

I got to Horde mode tonight, first time I’ve did that in a good while and only about my 4th time there total. I think I’m at least an average player but damn it’s hard to get to Horde. I’m sure that I will never see LMS and I’ve never seen Siege yet either.

#5573 2 years ago

For LMS the way I reached it (3 times already) was mostly with multiple blood bath multiballs in my game.
I also try to hit my prison multiple times before adding well multiball with my blood bath.

Also important to focus on: in well or prison multiballs, really focus on complete drop set completions.

That's my best strategy to qualify for last man standing.

#5574 2 years ago

My strategy for LMS is to make the game easier

Life is short. Play LMS before it's too late.

#5575 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I got to Horde mode tonight, first time I’ve did that in a good while and only about my 4th time there total. I think I’m at least an average player but damn it’s hard to get to Horde. I’m sure that I will never see LMS and I’ve never seen Siege yet either.

Subtle little changes to your approach can make getting to Horde easier. Stacking CDC with Bicycle Girl will give you two weapons for a start.

#5576 2 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Subtle little changes to your approach can make getting to Horde easier. Stacking CDC with Bicycle Girl will give you two weapons for a start.

Yeah I always just end up falling short seems like due to the game being so brutal with the outlane drains etc. I still love the game and Horde mode is a Rush and pretty awesome when you manage to get there. If I could only keep one game in my collection it would be TWD no questions asked.

#5577 2 years ago

Anyone challenged by getting to Horde should go into the options menu just to look at the various ways that players can earn a multikill.
You likely know that doing well in any mode will earn you an MK, and also Prison multiball, WW multiball... but when I last checked, I was blown away with all of the different ways you could achieve MKs. Like, there's one for target bank completions during Blood Bath.
I don't remember them all, but they're everywhere. Know all the different options, and Horde becomes much easier to achieve.

#5578 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Anyone challenged by getting to Horde should go into the options menu just to look at the various ways that players can earn a multikill.

There is a (possibly) complete list in the rules document. The KEY POSTS INDEX at the top of every page in this thread has a link.

#5579 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

There is a (possibly) complete list in the rules document. The KEY POSTS INDEX at the top of every page in this thread has a link.

I had forgotten posting this but it may be helpful for others. Nice description of various MKs to collect.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-rules

#5580 2 years ago

did they change the lighting effects in this update? seems a bit darker sometimes. especially during attract mode the GI is completely out.

I went through the settings to see if there was somewhere you could turn up the brightness slightly, but couldn't find anything.

#5581 2 years ago

Joined the club today with a NIB premium. Is there any day one items I need to be aware of? The game will arrive on Monday.

#5582 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

did they change the lighting effects in this update? seems a bit darker sometimes. especially during attract mode the GI is completely out.

I noticed that as well, but I just added one spot to the left sling its great, lights up the PF perfectly and the well walker. I changed mine to this.

DSC03955 (resized).JPG

#5583 2 years ago
Quoted from Olbighoss48:

Joined the club today with a NIB premium. Is there any day one items I need to be aware of? The game will arrive on Monday.

Nothing that you'll need to enjoy the game.
In my opinion, the best upgrades/mods for this game are:
-Bicycle Girl light
-ColorDMD display
-PDI glass

If you aren't already intimately familiar with how to play the game, watch this video a few times. It will help greatly.

Also, read the rulesheet here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-rules

#5584 2 years ago

Thanks Chambahz! I have played it 10 times or so at the distributor’s. I will definitely need to read the rules.

#5585 2 years ago
Quoted from Olbighoss48:

Thanks Chambahz! I have played it 10 times or so at the distributor’s. I will definitely need to read the rules.

Make sure mylar is installed under the bicycle girl ramp.

If you get flipper hop on either flipper — mine was on the right — then the thin titan flipper rubbers can fix it.

Prision and Well Walker bombs are as important as VIP passes are in ACDC.

It’s a great game; enjoy!

#5586 2 years ago
Quoted from Knoler:

Prision and Well Walker bombs are as important as VIP passes are in ACDC.

does that mean they are important or useless? I thought bombs were only used in Horde.

#5587 2 years ago

Thanks Knoler, I will check for the mylar.

#5588 2 years ago
Quoted from Olbighoss48:

If you have only played TWD 10 times you are in for a real treat. You are buying one of the best pinball machines that has ever been made! Great choice.....

#5589 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Hey Mike!! My TWD Well Walker magnet threw the ball into the drop targets a couple times today after my code update. I’ve also seen my prison magnet throw the ball up through the Riot lane (even before the last update).
Tony formerly from Kentucky

Oh, yeah! How's it goin'? Glad to see your comment. Did you notice any difference in the magnet from the old code to the new one?

Hope your folks are fine. What's it been? A year since I was at their house?

Mike

#5590 2 years ago

Thanks, I have wanting to buy a new pin for about three years, so it’s been a great day! The times I have played it I have got butt kicked!

#5591 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

does that mean they are important or useless? I thought bombs were only used in Horde.

seriously? No way! If your lockdown button is flashing blue, you can hit it for a hit to the prison. There are times when you drain, then wail on that button, and it's just enough to start the prison multiball, keeping you alive.

#5592 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh, man, you haven’t seen anything yet! Completing weapons gets you a Horde bomb, but completing First Aid gets you a prison bomb, and Food will get you a Well Walker bomb. (Once you’ve opened the prison doors, or qualified Well Walker.)

They give you credit for one shot towards each multiball, so they can be as valuable as an extra ball. Get one shot away from
prison MB, and then you can’t lose the ball! If you drain, just hit the button and prison MB will start. Works similarly for well. Enjoy!

Quoted from Olbighoss48:

Thanks Knoler, I will check for the mylar.

Should be there from the factory at this point; it was on mine. Check it every so many games and make sure it’s doing it’s job. There should also be little pads under the ramp.

It’s Lyman’s best game, IMO, especially with the new code; you’re in for a treat!

#5593 2 years ago

If you're new to the game, this might be interesting...
Some of the Stern employees are in the game.
Meet Lyman Sheats:

image (resized).png

#5594 2 years ago

That’s really cool.

#5595 2 years ago

TWD keeps you on your toes so much that it’s hard to look at the animations on the DMD but I always try anyway. I’ve lost a few balls because of it.

#5596 2 years ago

John Borg.

I know that Jody Dankberg is one of the walkers that's killed, and I believe Tanio Klyce is as well.
Not sure who else is in there?

image (resized).png

#5597 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

John Borg.
I know that Jody Dankberg is one of the walkers that's killed, and I believe Tanio Klyce is as well.
Not sure who else is in there?

I wonder if Gary is in there anywhere? That would be hilarious lol.

#5598 2 years ago
Quoted from Olbighoss48:

Great choice! My absolute favorite pin

2 more items for your list.
Custom audio mixed code is a definite must.
Big Subwoofer!

Enjoy

Junky

#5599 2 years ago

I was told Borg, Gary and Lyman are the zombie heads in the small fishtank on the premium,LE.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I wonder if Gary is in there anywhere? That would be hilarious lol.

#5600 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

seriously? No way! If your lockdown button is flashing blue, you can hit it for a hit to the prison. There are times when you drain, then wail on that button, and it's just enough to start the prison multiball, keeping you alive.

Thats so great, I never had this feature when I last owned the game and it will be utilized now to its full potential, love the fact that it can act as a save as well. Game just got even better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 499.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 199.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 8773 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 176.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside