IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 236.
#5501 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My crossbow did that when I first got the game and it was a matter of adjusting the two switches on the Crossbow. Took a bit of trial and error to get it to work just right but it hasn't given me an issue since. Back when it didn't work I'd get super frustrated but now I've grown to really like the crossbow! Way more satisfying than just shooting the shot with the flippers.

It worked for like 6 or more months and was never really very satisfying... but maybe I need a plastic crossbow on top to get the full effect. Mostly just seems to slow the game down. Even more so when it hasn’t worked the last week or so.

#5502 6 years ago

God Dammit I love this game !!!!

#5503 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

opinions on best custom made code for the Pre version?

You really need to try Cleland (with Neegan)/random kg NIN/Radiohead mix. It's near perfect.

And mods - 2 must haves are Bicycle Girl light and yoyo crossbow. The other mods are just for show. These 2 are essential.

I don't mind the hazardous material pop bumper caps, but can't remember where I got them.

#5504 6 years ago

new code is brilliant - got to horde on it tonight...

thank you Lyman and Stern.

Neil.

#5505 6 years ago

Shot 805mil with the new code 1.60. Definitely nice to see the Horde light flashing when it’s available. Love that the counter shows up during prison multiball as well. Barn, Arena and Tunnell updated scoring is fantastic as well. During my game, which was a 3 ball game plus a few extra balls earned, I got to Horde and Terminus. Ended with 105 walker kills, so close yet so far from LMS. God I love this game!!!

#5506 6 years ago

I have a bunch of 1.60 code versions done for my usual offerings

PM for links and don't forget to say what version you want.

Most versions untested but should work. Report any issues if you test them.

Tool LE : tested

Beavis and Butthead Slayer:LE <edit > tested>

Slayer Cannibal Corpse:LE

Tool pro

BBslayer Pro

Slayer pro - <edit>- now show voices

#5507 6 years ago

Hi all, I have a question about the rubber placement in the owners manual. It seems as though it lists rubber sizes but does not show them on the playfield. As an example, The list shows #8 1" rubber, but you cannot find this on the following page as to where its located. Same goes for 4,9 and 12. This is the 2nd Stern that I have tried to rubber, and the same thing happened with Metallica. On my JJP, it was all there. Am I missing something? I also looked at the kits on Titan, but some have those sizes and others don't.

#5508 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I have a bunch of 1.60 code versions done for my usual offerings
PM for links and don't forget to say what version you want.
Most versions untested but should work. Report any issues if you test them.
Tool LE : tested
Beavis and Butthead Slayer:LE
Slayer Cannibal Corpse:LE
Tool pro
BBslayer Pro
Slayer pro - normal hillbilly voices

Is there any info out there on the differences between these and/or any recommendation for my Pro?

#5509 6 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

God Dammit I love this game !!!!

Just played for an hour on my premium version. I am not the best pinball player, my highest score is 207 million.
I just love this game too much. My other two games have been neglected since I got it. I need to get a usb drive and load this code up this coming week.

#5510 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

» YouTube video
Neil.

So you were able to install the code file ending on LE on your Premium?
I tried 3 times tonight, using two different USB sticks...no luck.
Used one of the two to update code on a Kiss LE, worked fine and hence should be a bad stick.

#5511 6 years ago

New code is awesome. Made it to horde tonite and seemed a little easier than usual. Also had more walker kills. Nice work stern!

#5512 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

» YouTube video
Neil.

Great stream Neil, thoroughly enjoyed it and thanks for the shout out, I had to rewind it when I thought I heard my name really appreciate you doing that for me mate, certainly owe you one, thanks again.

#5513 6 years ago

DerGoetz I had no problem installing the new code on my premium. I got the file right from Sterns website. Make sure your flash drive only has the .bin on it, and nothing else.

#5514 6 years ago

I wonder if he did anything different on new code to pulse prison magnet. I mean we all know you can flip flippers at the correct point and it will keep the ball from getting slung straight down the middle. But why was it set up to do that in the first place??

#5515 6 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

So you were able to install the code file ending on LE on your Premium?
I tried 3 times tonight, using two different USB sticks...no luck.
Used one of the two to update code on a Kiss LE, worked fine and hence should be a bad stick.

The code for the Premium that I downloaded was named “TWD160LE_bin”. I had to rename the file to remove the underscore and replace it with a period so it was called “TWD160LE.bin”. It worked correctly after that.

#5516 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The code for the Premium that I downloaded was named “TWD160LE_bin”. I had to rename the file to remove the underscore and replace it with a period so it was called “TWD160LE.bin”. It worked correctly after that.

I downloaded the code labeled premium for my premium. The le was a separate download.

#5517 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I downloaded the code labeled premium for my premium. The le was a separate download.

I did too. Look at the name of the file.

#5518 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You really need to try Cleland (with Neegan)/random kg NIN/Radiohead mix. It's near perfect.

This sounds interesting.. who put it together and is there a pro version? I assume no 1.60 version yet?

#5519 6 years ago

Cleland is working on updating his code to 1.60. I'm sure he'll let us know when it's ready.

#5520 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

This sounds interesting.. who put it together and is there a pro version? I assume no 1.60 version yet?

Pm @randomkg and he'll sort you out. He will be waiting for cleland to update the callouts and then he'll add the music.

#5521 6 years ago

Yeah Cleland posted in other thread he is hard at work this weekend updating his voices to go with new code. Might even get some voice clips from new season. As far as I can tell randomkg then takes clelands voices and adds NIN,Radiohead etc music.

I can’t wait, I’m not doing update until cleland finishes his work. Then I will probably load it and play some. Then when randomkg adds his music to clelands voices I will probably update again. Assuming I can find said updates.

#5522 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Yeah Cleland posted in other thread he is hard at work this weekend updating his voices to go with new code. Might even get some voice clips from new season. As far as I can tell randomkg then takes clelands voices and adds NIN,Radiohead etc music.
I can’t wait, I’m not doing update until cleland finishes his work. Then I will probably load it and play some. Then when randomkg adds his music to clelands voices I will probably update again. Assuming I can find said updates.

No reason not to upload the stern version of 1.6 in the meantime.

#5523 6 years ago

No reason not to upload the stern version of 1.6 in the meantime

Yeah your right. At this point I’m losing all my scores anyway. I’ll probably upload the stern code. I’ve actually never heard the factory voices. My machine came with clelands voice mod.

#5524 6 years ago

I didn't even worry about backing up scores since the rules/scoring changed significantly. My very first game after going to the new code, I killed 52 walkers (my best, sadly) and scored 200M, which is a pretty good game for me.

I like that the game's a little easier and I might actually see more of the game now. I am also working on my nudging!

I have been using @ezeltmann's Tool ROM which is great if you love Tool.

#5525 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Cleland is working on updating his code to 1.60. I'm sure he'll let us know when it's ready.

Quoted from cooked71:

Pm randomkg and he'll sort you out. He will be waiting for cleland to update the callouts and then he'll add the music.

Quoted from rawbars:

Yeah Cleland posted in other thread he is hard at work this weekend updating his voices to go with new code.

So close to being finished and should be done late tonight. Will load it on my premium in the morning and have a few plays and then post the code for all. I will also send to RandomKg for his music additions for those that like the NIN/Radiohead mix. Thanks to all for your patience and support, I love that I can contribute to this awesome game!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5526 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

So close to being finished and should be done late tonight. Will load it on my premium in the morning and have a few plays and then post the code for all. I will also send to RandomKg for his music additions for those that like the NIN/Radiohead mix. Thanks to all for your patience and support, I love that I can contribute to this awesome game!

Sweet news!! Did you have to change / add much? Any new adds from new season? I can’t inagine my game without your sounds. Assuming my pro has your update as well since it is really awesome...

#5527 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Eeeeeeeeeeee!

#5528 6 years ago

Yes LE end code installed no problems - we have a pro at work and installed the pro code on that no problems.

#5529 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I use a Mac and it didn’t have that hassle - downloaded the file for premium which has LE in the file name and then copied to stick and worked fine.

#5530 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

i DONT have a TWD, but tanx anyway for this custom work...

#5531 6 years ago

Anybody else experiencing flipper problems after updating to the new code ? It could of course be a complete coincidence that the issue has started happening after updating.
The right flipper is sticking up. It isn’t mechanical because it drops if I switch the power off. The flipper mechs have had a rebuild this year.

#5532 6 years ago

No stoptap..

#5533 6 years ago

I don’t think it is a code issue Neil but thought it worth an ask before I climb inside the game to check it out.

#5534 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

In celebration of all the work everyone puts into these things , i will offer Cleland code intertwined with my music replacement macros . In short , you can keep all the voices and just have a music replacement. If you like the "dub step" thing , i will leave it in, etc , to a point.

If you want your kid saying jackpot , send me the sound file ...lol ... you get the point.

Hopefully you would approve and feel free to take my work and overwrite it with your show voices. The slayer and tool versions are mostly music only.

Lets make Walking Dead the greatest game to own ever, due to custom code choices!

Note : i still have no idea what dub step is

REMINDER : SAVE THE MACRO!!

#5535 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks again Cleland for supporting us. I think that some of us would like to support you.
What is your PayPal connected email address?

#5536 6 years ago

Absolutely one of the most intense games of pinball I’ve ever experienced! Tonight I finally made it to Last Man Standing!!!! While I didn’t beat it, I got 75 out of 115 walkers I needed. Game itself lasted over 30 minutes and yes, factory settings!!! It will be a long time before I achieve a score like this again!!!

97597E76-67BD-4E89-8447-85030032ED22 (resized).jpeg97597E76-67BD-4E89-8447-85030032ED22 (resized).jpeg

#5537 6 years ago

U guys are killing me with these stupid scores!

#5538 6 years ago

Just updated new code with clelands voices. Everything went smooth. Haven’t had a chance to play a lot but I played enough to know it still shoots ball straight down the middle from prison magnet if you don’t flip flippers at correct time.

I mean that’s fine, its still my favorite pin ever. But why can’t it be coded to randomly sling ball like every other similar type of magnet? It’s definitely a turn off to newer players. That is a cool moment in the game when you spell prison and it catches the ball. A new player shouldn’t immediately get kicked in the nuts with an unstoppable straight down the middle sling.

I get it, it’s supposed to be a tough game. But should new pin players really be expected to figure out to flip the flippers to manually pulse the magnet if they walked up to this pin on location? If I wasn’t on pinside I’m not sure I ever would have figured that out on my own. Seems like a well enough known issue that should have been fixed.

#5539 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

But should new pin players really be expected to figure out to flip the flippers to manually pulse the magnet if they walked up to this pin on location?

They'll be monkey flipping, they'll be fine.

LTG : )

#5540 6 years ago

Yeah, just seemed like a missed opportunity. You would assume every update on this pin will be it’s last since it is so good already. And I guess some people maybe don’t have the straight down the middle sling from prison magnet?? But I have it 100% of the time if I don’t “monkey flip”. And I think more people do than don’t. So just code it to mimic “monkey flipping” and give the non pinheads a break on an already tough pin. I mean from the overall all feedback I have heard about this code update it made the game slightly easier. This adjustment would have fit right in.

Oh well, it really doesn’t matter. We all know what to do if we have this issue. I’m diving back in to see what cool new stuff I notice.

#5541 6 years ago

Whenever the ball stops on the prison magnet I just start shaking the pin slightly from side to side so that when it lets the ball go it usually diverts to one side or the other. Then I double-flip to prompt the release. I call it "nudging".

#5542 6 years ago

Definitely hearing some new quotes on clelands update. That’s always cool!

#5543 6 years ago

I dont have the sdtm from the prison magnet on my pro. Does yours hit the prison zombie before it goes down the middle?

#5544 6 years ago

Just installed Cleland 1.60 on my prem and played 1 game after to test. Put up a 498mil GC, my best score to date. Don’t think the new code had much to do with it, but I could be wrong. Had like 93mil in Riot and a 7x multiplied wellwalker multiball jackpot for 63mil. I’ll have to read again, but don’t think those were affected by the code update. In any case, still my favorite game and won’t be leaving anytime soon.

#5545 6 years ago

The fact that not 3 but 4 walkers are lit makes you build up your multipliers faster (every 2 walkers is + one X on your shot multiplier).
That and increased scoring on barn, tunnel, arena. But also higher crossbow values, higher victory laps in multiball, ...

So yes higher scores is a logic thing.

But who played the horde escape already? I did for sure, but what do you think about it?

#5546 6 years ago

I too was disapointed with the magnet & thought for sure it would be resolved with this update.

Bummer.

#5547 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Yeah, just seemed like a missed opportunity.

Speaking of missing an opportunity,why didn't Stern make this magnet have the same power and sling abilities as the one in my Avatar and my Iron Man? The magnet in Avatar really slings that ball around. Some vicious throws at times, a LONG way from the magnet core. The magnet on my TWD doesn't do much of anything when it is on in a mode. It will throw the ball maybe 3 or 4 inches and very weakly.

Any of you have a different experience? Your magnet really slings the ball? Or, does it just dribble down the middle like mine does?

Mike in Kentucky

#5548 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

The fact that not 3 but 4 walkers are lit makes you build up your multipliers faster (every 2 walkers is + one X on your shot multiplier).
That and increased scoring on barn, tunnel, arena. But also higher crossbow values, higher victory laps in multiball, ...
So yes higher scores is a logic thing.
But who played the horde escape already? I did for sure, but what do you think about it?

Thanks for the summary. That makes total sense now. I need to study the rules a bit more for sure.

#5549 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

The magnet on my TWD doesn't do much of anything when it is on in a mode. It will throw the ball maybe 3 or 4 inches and very weakly.
Any of you have a different experience? Your magnet really slings the ball? Or, does it just dribble down the middle like mine does?
Mike in Kentucky

Hey Mike!! My TWD Well Walker magnet threw the ball into the drop targets a couple times today after my code update. I’ve also seen my prison magnet throw the ball up through the Riot lane (even before the last update).

Tony formerly from Kentucky

#5550 6 years ago

Where can i get Cleland new code ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
There are 11,773 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/111?hl=tryton1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.