R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg
IMG_1737 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
pb39 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 236.
#5451 6 years ago

I swear every major update has come while I’m out of town.

#5452 6 years ago

Wow.
I didn't expect a code update for TWD when you see all this unfinished recent games. I thought TWD was done, because the game is already very well coded.
Great news, that shows really good things for the future! I will update my Pro tomorrow and i hope we will see updates for GOT and my favorite of all time, IM (i just want a last update for this one, a real skill shot and a more approchable DoD MB will be heaven).

#5453 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Keep going out of town.

#5454 6 years ago

So since they updated some things in the DMD does that mean ColorDMD is going to need an update as well?

#5455 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Keep going out of town.

And be sure to let cleland know when you’re going out of town... so we can all get the real update!!

#5456 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

My thoughts exactly. I do have a backup of Clelands version so I suppose I could always go back if needed.

Crap...same boat, update or not? I knew this would happen. I love clelands code and the show voices. Cleland, Can you please help us?

#5457 6 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

IM (i just want a last update for this one, a real skill shot and a more approchable DoD MB will be heaven).

+1

#5458 6 years ago

Yes

Quoted from Jakers:

So since they updated some things in the DMD does that mean ColorDMD is going to need an update as well?

#5459 6 years ago

Can someone explain ARENA to me. I know you start ARENA and hit the right ramp to push the guy into the zombie. It scores 3 million first undoubled shot, 6 million, 9 million, etc. If you have WOODBURY lit (3 heads in the fishtank), you complete the mode and you get BITTEN by the zombie on the neck (hell of a rip out of your neck if I say so). But why do you end the mode if you hit WOODBURY? You aren't draining. Is it because you have the WOODBURY SKILL shot to do and that would be messy programming to have ARENA and WOODBURY SKILL shot running at the same time? I mean I feel jipped by getting bit when I have WOODBURY lit.

#5460 6 years ago

I always assumed it was just a penalty for missing the shot.

#5461 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I mean I feel jipped by getting bit when I have WOODBURY lit.

Just hold off on hitting Woodbury after you’re done with the mode (times out). That shot may also cash in some sort of mode value too. Not sure.

Or could be like tunnel and be a punishment for missing.

#5462 6 years ago

Are you from Woodbury?

#5463 6 years ago

Great news for a great game! I remember recently defending the timely need for another TWD update a few times against people who posted that TWD was done for updates.

Quoted from dzoomer:

TWD code is not done...

Quoted from dzoomer:

TWD still needs a code update to fix a few glaring bugs too (and TWD housekeeping is now pushing two years)

Quoted from dzoomer:

... An update "should" be coming at least for that.

I have to celebrate when I'm right!

#5464 6 years ago

Wow! This is quite a nice surprise. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. TWD is Lyman's magnum opus. It already had the best code of any game out there, and now he went and made it even better.

#5465 6 years ago

Played a lot on this code and it's great. (Who said I was 'nuts' believing another update would be released )

Especially this:
increased arena mode scoring (double playfield, ramp ramp multiplied ramp and boom goes your score)
increased tunnel scoring
Horde Escape: the most import one and the solution for not being blocked on this mode and resulting in a drained ball /advance to next ball. Especially the double playfield that works on the horde escape bonus is a thing to shoot for!
Horde more walkers lit
Normal gameplay minimum 4 walkers lit instead of 3 gets last man standing more within reach
Progress of Siege qualification during prison multiball
And of course the terminus scoring:
hurry up 1 : 20% of the last (5th) mode played
hurry up 2: 20% of the 5th mode played + 20% of the 4th mode played
hurry up 3: 20% of 5th + 20% of 4th + 20% of 3rd
hurry up 4:...

So for good terminus scoring, play a really good 5th mode and you can cash in big!

'DAV' (walker champ)

#5466 6 years ago

Me too...

#5467 6 years ago

Dude Lyman !! You are such a bright spot for stern!! They need to give u a raise brother !

#5468 6 years ago

Gosh, I really need to play this pin more, haven’t seen half the modes yet.

#5469 6 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Gosh, I really need to play this pin more, haven’t seen half the modes yet.

The only way I’ve been able to see siege and last man standing is to set the game on 10 ball. Haha

#5470 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The only way I’ve been able to see siege and last man standing is to set the game on 10 ball. Haha

Me too, been to horde a few times, haven't seen much else, very difficult pin. factory set outlanes. I doubt this update will do much for me, but in my view, the game was complete.
My high is about 600 mil.

#5471 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've owned my LE since it first came out. With the game on factory defaults, I've only seen Siege once, and have never seen LMS.

#5472 6 years ago

My problem (besides being a bad player) is that I have so many pins that I hardly play one pin that much. But a game like Tron or IM is more easy to see most of the rules.

#5473 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve been fortunate enough to really get deep into this game. Highest on 3 ball setting was over 1B, but I’ve only done that once. Had several games over 800mil and a couple over 900mil. While I seem to get Horde daily, I’ve only had Seige once in the 6 months I’ve owned it and still haven’t been to Last Man Standing. I had 113 walker kills on 3 ball play but that’s the closest I’ve come. Needless to say that’s an accomplishment in itself! Still love this game, it’s a keeper and can’t wait to get the new code uploaded!!

#5474 6 years ago

F623FA34-29FA-48D5-A313-C25ADCF09FE4 (resized).jpegF623FA34-29FA-48D5-A313-C25ADCF09FE4 (resized).jpeg

#5475 6 years ago

LMS should be a lot more achievable for your average player with the new code. Having four walkers lit instead of three is a huge change.

#5476 6 years ago

I believe the walker count was also reduced as well, so it's less than 120 hits. Not sure what that number is tho...

#5477 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

LMS should be a lot more achievable for your average player with the new code. Having four walkers lit instead of three is a huge change.

I haven’t put significant time on this new code but I think you’re absolutely right.

#5478 6 years ago

Ive had my TWD PRE for a little over a year, and still have never seen siege or LMS either. Been in horde a dozen times or so. Factory settings. I consider myself an average to slightly above average (depends on the game...lol). I have a few machines, but TWD keeps me coming back over and over. The fact that I cant do everything each play session keeps it a challenge. Such a great game. The fact that it is 22 in the top 100 shocks me tbh, its way better than a lot of the games above it. Cant wait for Clelands update.

#5479 6 years ago

Hoping for a speedy Clelands update

#5480 6 years ago

LMS will be easier to achieve because of these 2 changes:

3 to 4 walkers lit at all time
The horde escape because horde was basically a certain lost ball when you entered that mode (unless you got bit), now with the escape you cash in and continue to play towards last man standing. This was my biggest problem with twd actually.

But not in a way that you get often to LMS now on the new code

Siege will be a little bit easier but it was never achieved much by players because you needed to keep count yourself for it. Not that it's easier to play now but the progress indicator you see during prison multiball will make you more focus on it. And nowing scoring increased a lot in the mode will make it a better goal to go for.

#5481 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Good luck finding a Pro Paul.

Yup, I tried for several weeks earlier in 2017 to find a pro and had to settle for a NIB order from Trent at Tilt Amusements. Now even less owners will want to sell.

#5482 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Such a great game. The fact that it is 22 in the top 100 shocks me tbh, its way better than a lot of the games above it.

Agreed.

#5483 6 years ago

Dilly dilly. This is one of the best games every made. Top 5 at least.

#5484 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dilly dilly. This is one of the best games every made. Top 5 at least.

Can’t see Aerosmith staying up that high, anyway lots of great games in top25

#5485 6 years ago

I’m just excited that we got a code update! Was not expecting this, especially since their focal point has been Star Wars as of late. I really hope they finish that soon and put the finishing touches on Ghostbusters. I think it’s fair to say that they addressed many things regarding TWD, but I still do think during horde mode, walker kills should keep racking up. Other than that, Lyman has gotten his code to being nearly flawless. Only reason this is ranked #22 is because it took such a beating in the beginning.

#5486 6 years ago

For me, it's the stock sound and art package that I didn't care for. The stock sound really killed it. I mentioned in my review that if it came with the Cleland sound package, that it would have gotten full marks. As mentioned by others, if it would have come with the comic book art package, then I think you would have one of the best machines made-to-date.

#5487 6 years ago

Hey guys.
I’m stoked and surprised. A new code update for my favorite pin! Awesome.

Will one of you in the know please comment on updating to the newest code while using a ColorDMD? I’m assuming that I will need to wait until ColorDMD releases an update also.
Also, is there a simple way to save the high scores with a code update? If the only solution is with pinball browser then I will read up on it.
Thanks in advance.
Junky

#5488 6 years ago

Love the comments about Siege and LMS being more achievable but no one has even mentioned Terminus!

The 4 walker lights lit at once rather than 3 also means more opportunities to build your X multiplier! I love the Arena scoring change, now you can get some big points out of it.

If anyone wants a Terminus challenge bowl let me know and maybe I can convince my wife to make some more. The word "Pinballz" can be changed (actually she can paint anything you want it to say within reason) to 'Chuck's arcade' or whatever.

20170906_211239 (resized).jpg20170906_211239 (resized).jpg

#5489 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Yup, I tried for several weeks earlier in 2017 to find a pro and had to settle for a NIB order from Trent at Tilt Amusements. Now even less owners will want to sell.

We are in the UK mate so it is 20x worse for us. Nearly impossible to get an in demand used game like TWD, MET etc.

#5490 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I’m assuming that I will need to wait until ColorDMD releases an update also.

Most of the game colors fine with the current ColorDMD ROM. Horde is the exception because the display in that bit changed quite a bit.

#5491 6 years ago

In Lyman I trusted, and my faith has been rewarded.

Anxiously awaiting updates from colorDMD and Cleland. Stock audio is just as awful as I remembered.

#5492 6 years ago

TWD is my only Stern machine and I only acquired it recently (July) so don't have any experience updating code. Is the Cleland sound code essentially a re-release of the Stern code except with his sound package inserted? Is that the only code that I need to install to update to v1.60 or do i need to install v1.60 and the Cleland sound package on top of that. Sorry for the noob question.

#5493 6 years ago

Clelands sound is Incorporated into the game code. Cleland will post his version of the code so you install it just like you would code from stern and that's all you need to do. You basically overwrite Stern's code with clelands version.

#5494 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

'DAV' (walker champ)

the BELGIAN players tag are still in than !?

#5495 6 years ago

Been in the club for a bit now. LOVE the game and with the new code and hopefully Clelands sound package soon it's one of the best out there! A couple of questions:

What is everyone's favorite mod?
What is the mod for the left ramp? It's a bit clunky though works fine
Is there a fix/mod for when the ball comes out of the left orbit and I one time a flipper shot the ball flies off the ramp and usually ends in the shooter lane

Appreciate any and all replies!

#5496 6 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

What is everyone's favorite mod?

You don't have the game listed in your collection, but if you're asking about the left ramp then I assume you have a premium or an LE. My two favorite mods by far are Gnassel's BG light and yoyokopter's crossbow. They are both awesome and feel like they should have come with the game from the factory.

#5497 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

You don't have the game listed in your collection, but if you're asking about the left ramp then I assume you have a premium or an LE. My two favorite mods by far are Gnassel's BG light and yoyokopter's crossbow. They are both awesome and feel like they should have come with the game from the factory.

I just installed Gnassel's BG light in my premium a few weeks ago and agree 100% that it completely changes the effects on that mode... should have been factory.

I keep trying to pull the trigger on purchasing the yoyokopter crossbow, but can't bring myself to do it. Actually, the crossbow is one of the only features of the premium that I have realized I could have lived without if I had gotten the Pro. And to top it off, this last week, my crossbow has been holding the ball and not loading/deploying properly or firing properly. I'll have to check some switches I suppose... anyone else run into this?

But still happy with my decision to go with the premium for sure.

#5498 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I just installed Gnassel's BG light in my premium a few weeks ago and agree 100% that it completely changes the effects on that mode... should have been factory.
I keep trying to pull the trigger on purchasing the yoyokopter crossbow, but can't bring myself to do it. Actually, the crossbow is one of the only features of the premium that I have realized I could have lived without if I had gotten the Pro. And to top it off, this last week, my crossbow has been holding the ball and not loading/deploying properly or firing properly. I'll have to check some switches I suppose... anyone else run into this?
But still happy with my decision to go with the premium for sure.

My crossbow did that when I first got the game and it was a matter of adjusting the two switches on the Crossbow. Took a bit of trial and error to get it to work just right but it hasn't given me an issue since. Back when it didn't work I'd get super frustrated but now I've grown to really like the crossbow! Way more satisfying than just shooting the shot with the flippers.

#5499 6 years ago

Talk about breathing more life into the pin. I don't even mind I'll be upgrading again as soon as cleland is ready

#5500 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

the BELGIAN players tag are still in than !?

They sure are

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,799 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/110?hl=thewombat2430 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.