IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,802 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 237.
#501 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This is a design flaw which is not limited to the pro. I've seen this happen on the premium/LE as well. When I do the combo, the ball will sometimes do exactly what you are describing, where it jumps off the Arena ramp and comes back to the right flipper via the BG return ramp. Other times, it will travel behind the playfield and then jump off the ramp as it re-enters the playfield. When this happens, the ball can get stuck behind the flasher dome near the diverter magnet.

That's kinda depressing to hear; the two TWDs I played (prem and a pro) didn't seem to have this issue. Has there been any kind of tweaks to fix this? I imagine softer coil power will help and/or different type of rubber. Different color or super band?

#502 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

but are prem owners still having issues with their bg ramp? I thought stern fixed this? Guess I'll find out.

2 step fix makes the BG ramp smooth as butter.....

#503 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This is a design flaw which is not limited to the pro. I've seen this happen on the premium/LE as well. When I do the combo, the ball will sometimes do exactly what you are describing, where it jumps off the Arena ramp and comes back to the right flipper via the BG return ramp. Other times, it will travel behind the playfield and then jump off the ramp as it re-enters the playfield. When this happens, the ball can get stuck behind the flasher dome near the diverter magnet.

Wouldn't this be considered like a recall and fully comped by Stern then to fix etc?

#504 8 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

2 step fix makes the BG ramp smooth as butter.....

And that fix is.........?

#505 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Foam pads under the lifting flap, and adjusting the ramp so there is not a bump at the lifting ramp transition.

Stern has a fix kit with the foam pads - it's probably already installed on the new games coming off the assembly line.

#506 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Stern offers the BG ramp kit fix for free. So if you ask your distributor ahead of time, it will be there for you when you pick up your pin.

#507 8 years ago

2nd part of fix is a set of washers that go on top of the ramp plastic that prevents the ball from flying off...Usually, without the washers the ball will fly up hit the plastic and come back down the ramp. With the washers in place, it extends the plastic higher so the ball has more clearance and does not hit the plastic or when it does, it continues up the ramp and not down the ramp towards BG.

Works great!! I was frustrated a bit early with the ramp until I put these washers on and now, it works perfect.

#508 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't think so. At least not that I've noticed with all the research I've been doing on this pin lately. I think the ppl who bash it the most are those, like me, who wanted to buy but saw so many issues with the xbow, bicycle girl, code, and theme integration, that it was destined to get hated on. But Lyman single handedly saved this game from drowning after his own admission on the lack of attention stern gave it. That, coupled with Milhouse + Cleland sound editing has revived this pin.
All that said; I have a premium on order now thanks to Lyman, but are prem owners still having issues with their bg ramp? I thought stern fixed this? Guess I'll find out.

I've had no issues with my BG ramp on my LE after adding Stern's fix (foam pads). Flows great.

I also recently Checked for wear on the playfield after months of ownership and mine is still pristine. I did originally add a couple more small pieces of mylar in the areas where the ramp touches the playfield which I think would be prudent for you too.

#509 8 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Set the coil strengths to soft I think its called.
At work so I can't check the exact menu adjustment right now.

Home now,found it.
In the adjustment menu
Standard adjustments
Coil pulse power
Set to soft.

#510 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

That's kinda depressing to hear; the two TWDs I played (prem and a pro) didn't seem to have this issue. Has there been any kind of tweaks to fix this? I imagine softer coil power will help and/or different type of rubber. Different color or super band?

To be clear, there appears to be a discussion of two different issues taking place here.

There is (was) the issue with the BG/CDC ramp on the left. This was addressed with the fix kit from Stern. The issue that Gweem (and Batti) is referring to is the Arena (right) ramp. If you hit that ramp at speed (almost always during a combo), the ball will go flying off of it with high velocity. My Premium (that you've played several times) definitely does this. It just doesn't happen a ton.

It's too bad when it happens, because otherwise it would be a super fast and super satisfying combo!

#511 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

To be clear, there appears to be a discussion of two different issues taking place here.
There is (was) the issue with the BG/CDC ramp on the left. This was addressed with the fix kit from Stern. The issue that Gweem (and Batti) is referring to is the Arena (right) ramp. If you hit that ramp at speed (almost always during a combo), the ball with go flying off of it with high velocity. My Premium (that you've played several times) definitely does this. It just doesn't happen a ton.
It's too bad when it happens, because otherwise it would be a super fast and super satisfying combo!

Gotcha. Hopefully it's minor or easily tweakable. Maybe the softer coil pulse would help?

#512 8 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Home now,found it.
In the adjustment menu
Standard adjustments
Coil pulse power
Set to soft.

Will this make the normal shots at ramps harder to get up with the adjustment? Sometimes the ramps are hard enough to get up with normal coil power, lol?

#513 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Gotcha. Hopefully it's minor or easily tweakable. Maybe the softer coil pulse would help?

Actually the spot where it flies off is that little hump it has to go over. Hooked and Mezel are both making barn mods that go exactly where the ball flies off. So if you get the Barn mod you wont have anymore air balls there and you will also have a kick ass Burning Barn mod. Win win if you ask me

#514 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Will this make the normal shots at ramps harder to get up with the adjustment? Sometimes the ramps are hard enough to get up with normal coil power, lol?

This sugestion is to help with the ball going around the arena ramp and as it comes back down on the left side flying off at the jump looking section above the barn insert.
I still have enough flipper power for all shots and can still backhand the bicycle girl ramp pretty easily on my pro.
Game plays great with this setting and I've only seen it jump off once we once I've had it set this way.
I am using compition sillicone rubbers.

#515 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Actually the spot where it flies off is that little hump it has to go over. Hooked and Mezel are both making barn mods that go exactly where the ball flies off. So if you get the Barn mod you wont have anymore air balls there and you will also have a kick ass Burning Barn mod. Win win if you ask me

I diddent realize that barn mod fit just over the jump section. I agree that would be a win win.
Maby great for The le and premiums as you may need the normal coil power setting on the bicycle girl ramp to get it up there.
The soft coil power seams to help a lot for me on my pro model.

Edit

#516 8 years ago

Creator of The Walking Dead, Tony Moore stopped in and signed my game Now I need Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard. He even dropped in a few quarters to play. He was glad to get through a game without being bit.

IMG_1462.jpgIMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1458.jpgIMG_1458.jpg

#518 8 years ago

there is actually a better video on my youtube channel I clicked the wrong link :/ sorry. Anyway huge fan and love my pro. Modded to the max

#519 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Stern has a fix kit with the foam pads - it's probably already installed on the new games coming off the assembly line.

No, I supposedly got the last Premium out of the factory and the BG fix kit was not installed or included. Had to get in the mail 2 weeks later.

1 week later
#520 8 years ago

Anybody have pictures of the Pinball Refinery EL prison fence mod installation? Can't tell from the PR website what they look like prior to installation.

#521 8 years ago

Can someone tell me where I can buy those outlane extenders for my TWD Pro? That left side is BRUTAL!!!!

#522 8 years ago

Has anyone got any adjustment settings to make the game a little easier for the casual player. This game just completely kicks my ass and I never get to see many modes. Someone listed some good settings changes to make it a little easier in one of the TWD threads but I cannot find it again.

#523 8 years ago

I listed them to be set a little more difficult. Keep playing and don't forget the importance of the drop targets.

#524 8 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Has anyone got any adjustment settings to make the game a little easier for the casual player. This game just completely kicks my ass and I never get to see many modes. Someone listed some good settings changes to make it a little easier in one of the TWD threads but I cannot find it again.

- Set the ball save to the max (30 seconds) - this is very helpful for more casual players - so they don't feel awful right away
- don't set the tilt too tight -> and force yourself to be more aggressive
- Lower lighting Seige from 12 to 8 prison jackpots
- adjust the outlanes to the easier setting

There's nothing wrong with adjusting a game to fit your personal tastes. People do it all the time to make easy games more challenging, and it shouldn't be frowned on to make really tough games more accessible for more casual players. Sometimes the default settings are not optimal anyway - that's why they have settings. Just 2 comments....

- If it's too easy, then it won't be as fun - the challenge is a big part of the fun (but not if it's impossible for you)
- if posting High Scores, it's nice to mention it's not factory settings - so the rest of us don't get too jealous

#525 8 years ago

Thanks T7. I dunno since updating to 1.41 I seem to be worse!

#526 8 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

The extra lighting effects in 1.41 make it tougher in a dark room IMO.

As a tip - try to get prison hits and start a mode right away (drop targets) while the ball saver is active - use the ball save time wisely!

And some more settings to make it more fun for you...
- award Extra Balls instead of Replays - for both points and specials
- set the Replay score to 15 Million, and make it fixed, with no auto adjust

On free play winning an extra game is kind of senseless, so making it valuable gives you something to strive for. Also having an attainable goal that extends your game will make it more fun. Just remember to make it harder again if it gets to be too easy.

#527 8 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

seems modes got twice as hard to me

#528 8 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

That's exactly how I feel was only saying to a mate today since the new code dropped I find it frustrating.

#529 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

That's exactly how I feel was only saying to a mate today since the new code dropped I find it frustrating.

Probably dropping down to last code

#530 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

There is (was) the issue with the BG/CDC ramp on the left. This was addressed with the fix kit from Stern. The issue that Gweem (and Batti) is referring to is the Arena (right) ramp. If you hit that ramp at speed (almost always during a combo), the ball will go flying off of it with high velocity. My Premium (that you've played several times) definitely does this. It just doesn't happen a ton.

Agreed!

Do you think adding a cover to the ramp would deflect it back into the ramp and keep the ball moving along properly? I think I am going to cut a piece of lexan and give it a shot...

#531 8 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

Agreed!
Do you think adding a cover to the ramp would deflect it back into the ramp and keep the ball moving along properly? I think I am going to cut a piece of lexan and give it a shot...

Why bother? If you get this mod it is mounted right at the hump where the ball always flys off, thus preventing anymore air balls off that ramp.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twd-burning-barn-by-mezelmods

#532 8 years ago

I do notice the game to be much harder since the update. It's at an SKB level of difficulty now. Well maybe not that high, but if he puts everything on the most difficult setting I could see it challenging him for a little while at least before he gets bored and moves on to the next thing

#533 8 years ago

I do notice the game to be much harder since the update. It's at an SKB level of difficulty now. Well maybe not that high, but if he puts everything on the most difficult setting I could see it challenging him for a little while at least before he gets bored and moves on to the next thing

Hah! I'm not that good. Don't tell anyone but I have my STLE kick back on extra easy (default is easy). I'm just good at making myself look good, wait shit - does that make me a narcissist?

But I do like to have a good balance of challenge and fun. So while the kickback may be set on extra easy; the right outlane is factory, tilt is tight, and vengeance is set on extra hard. Balance = challenge = fun

In any case, first thing I plan on doing to my TWD is bringing the outlanes in. Don't know about the post mod, we'll see.

I played a TWD prem with a modded outlane and we weren't having no hay day on it. That's why I love Lyman rules on this pin, even if the game is easier, it's a challenge!

Another great thing about lymans rules in TWD is that there's a bunch of wizard modes for each skill level. Bloodbath (easy) - though don't know if you'd consider it a mini wiz mode but it's fun as hell to start, horde (medium), terminus (medium), LMS (hard), siege (hard), xbow MB (extra hard).

#534 8 years ago

Why bother? If you get this mod it is mounted right at the hump where the ball always flys off, thus preventing anymore air balls off that ramp.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twd-burning-barn-by-mezelmods

That isn't where the ball goes flying off the ramp on mine. It flies off of the right ramp as it's going up, not when it's coming down.

#535 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Yep! Me too! Good to hear it's not just me. Feels like it went from hard but fun to completely frustrating with latest update.

#536 8 years ago

I haven't noticed anything in the new code that would make the gameplay more difficult. The scoring has changed some but starting modes and MB's seem essentially the same. How is it harder?

#537 8 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

seems modes got twice as hard to me

Mabey cause your rusty you been playing your kizz non stop

#538 8 years ago

My first NIB will be arriving next week, a Walking Dead pro. I have to take all my machines up a set of stairs, WPC and Stern whitestar games are a doddle as once the head is off (which has to be done with any machine), the playfield comes out very easily too. I've done 2 SAM machines (WPT and Spiderman) and both were a pain in the rear as getting the playfield out was a much bigger job with seemingly everything connecting to it in some way so they went up with the playfield in so was much heavier. Is TWD in the same boat?

Thanks

#539 8 years ago

Pro PF comes out easy not super heavy

#540 8 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

greed!

Try setting coil pulse power to soft, that will pretty much take care.
It's standard adjustment #43

#541 8 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Mabey cause your rusty you been playing your kizz non stop

This is true

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That isn't where the ball goes flying off the ramp on mine. It flies off of the right ramp as it's going up, not when it's coming down.

Mines the same one day the ball will smash the crossbow/fish tank sign lol-changing coil strength won't help as it's the speed of the ball coming around the orbit that's causes the power of the ball. I've even had the ball hit the PF back panel lol

#543 8 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar1:

Mines the same one day the ball will smash the crossbow/fish tank sign lol-changing coil strength won't help as it's the speed of the ball coming around the orbit that's causes the power of the ball. I've even had the ball hit the PF back panel lol

Bingo! I've had the exact same experience, and I completely agree that lowering the coil strength will not help at all because it's the speed of the ball when it comes to the flipper that's the issue.

#544 8 years ago

So got my TWD premium and so far wishing it was a pro lol. But maybe you guys can help. 90% of the time the xbow won't work. When the motor runs it tries to go to the home position, then stops. Then goes to ball search and sometimes it'll go out but not eject the ball, other times it tries but won't release from the home spot. Switches seem ok. Any ideas? Thx.

#545 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure it's just a flakey home switch. If I test the motor in test menu and keep doing it back to back it works great. If I let it rest for a second it'll stop working.

#546 8 years ago

K. Think it is a flakey home switch. Made a slight twist to the prong and seems to be working good. Now to level this thing - stdm from the pops holy cow!

#547 8 years ago

Be sure to put a tiny square of felt on the guide that exits the pops. Mine returns to the left flipper 90% of the time and is fast as hell.

#548 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Be sure to put a tiny square of felt on the guide that exits the pops. Mine returns to the left flipper 90% of the time and is fast as hell.

It may help but it doesn't need it. I'm running TWDLE stock with no stdm pops issue. And got a 500 million jackpot recently. I do plan to narrow the oem outlanes with the other lower hole option, though.

#549 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

It may help but it doesn't need it. I'm running TWDLE stock with no stdm pops issue. And got a 500 million jackpot recently. I do plan to narrow the oem outlanes with the other lower hole option, though.

If you're good enough to get a 500 mil jackpot why are you closing the outlanes. Make it harder. And how the heck do you even get a 500 million jackpot?

#550 8 years ago

Sorry, mentioned that incorrectly. Got a 500 mil score, not jackpot. That should make more sense.

The game is challenging for sure, but so much fun, and when the stars align, what a rush.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 8.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 26.95
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 11,802 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.