IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 236.
#5351 6 years ago

My new machine is less than a month old NIB. Already not working. I get backbox light and playfield GI but nothing on DMD. +5V test point is good on the board. (Green LED is on but I also checked with Multimeter) Fuse in F11 for logic was a 4A/250V its testing good too. I did notice an odd yellow led blinking though. Maybe this is an indicator of something? Attached a picture for reference.

Bummed, just want to play. My distributor is also looking into the issue for me.

20171102_124218_001 (resized).jpg20171102_124218_001 (resized).jpg

#5352 6 years ago

White reset button on the board do anything?

#5353 6 years ago

Just brought home today. Thanks Trent at Tilt. Now I gotta get rid of that awful audio.

#5354 6 years ago

5EEE99FF-3A1D-4CD7-B7EB-D5083EB36093 (resized).jpeg5EEE99FF-3A1D-4CD7-B7EB-D5083EB36093 (resized).jpeg

#5355 6 years ago

I can’t find the cleland file. When I click on link says no longer available. Any place else to get it?

#5356 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Yep! Up and running again! Thank you!

#5357 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

I can’t find the cleland file. When I click on link says no longer available. Any place else to get it?

Post #913 still has them

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09

I personally like kpg’s better. I say try them all

Junky

#5358 6 years ago

Another KY Pinhead. Love it!! If you ever want to come up to Independence and play hit me up!

#5359 6 years ago

Must have just been dumb luck. Worked yesterday but now my game is doing the same thing again. No luck with reset button today

#5360 6 years ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

Must have just been dumb luck. Worked yesterday but now my game is doing the same thing again. No luck with reset button today

If your printed manual has full schematics dig through them and try to figure out what L18 indicates. The downloadable manual doesn't have CPU schematics.

#5361 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Another KY Pinhead

Yep. I reckon that makes at least 3 of us owning a TWD here in the Bluegrass state.

But I didn't know they had electricity now in Verona! Haaaaaaaaaaaa! Just kidding pinhacker.

I've been to Mill Springs and Monticello many times. I've got a good idea of where you live. Another beautiful part of our state, knocking on the door of Lake Cumberland.

Now . . . if you all could just get some running water and indoor bathrooms!

Mike in Bowling Green, Kentucky

#5362 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Yep. I reckon that makes at least 3 of us owning a TWD here in the Bluegrass state.
But I didn't know they had electricity now in Verona! Haaaaaaaaaaaa! Just kidding pinhacker.
I've been to Mill Springs and Monticello many times. I've got a good idea of where you live. Another beautiful part of our state, knocking on the door of Lake Cumberland.
Now . . . if you all could just get some running water and indoor bathrooms!
Mike in Bowling Green, Kentucky

Same goes to you Mike. Drop me a line if you’re in my neck of the woods.

#5363 6 years ago

I was in the club a few years ago. Happy to be back in it.

#5364 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Same goes to you Mike.

In my best Jack Benny voice: WELL!!!!

I'll have you to know we've had indoor toilets here for at least 5 years now, complete with THREE Sears and Roebuck catalogs AND a bushel basket of corn cobs!!! We are up-town!!!

Haven't been in Independence in many a year. But of course, the door is open for you here too. Visiting times are only during the 5th week of February and from 3 p.m. until 3:10 p.m.

#5365 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhacker71:

I was in the club a few years ago. Happy to be back in

I was an LE owner for about 4 or 5 months when it first came out, enjoyed the pin never saw final code but have a chance to pick up a Pro now, is it worth it, will I notice a major change not only with code(a good thing) but with the move from LE to Pro(possible bad thing)? any advice is appreciated.

#5366 6 years ago

I just got a TWD pro and it seems like 25% of the time the magnet releases, it nails it sdtm with no hope of doin' anything about it. Any recommendations to alleviate the frequency of this?
Also, the design of the tunnel output (by the wellwaker) seems to be intentionally designed to have a high frequency of any slow moving exits to go sdtm as well. (It simply baffles me how that could have been thought of as a good design of that exit.) Is there a good playfield angle that helps with this or any other adjustments or mods that helps with this aspect?

#5367 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Smith:

I just got a TWD pro and it seems like 25% of the time the magnet releases, it nails it sdtm with no hope of doin' anything about it. Any recommendations to alleviate the frequency of this?
Also, the design of the tunnel output (by the wellwaker) seems to be intentionally designed to have a high frequency of any slow moving exits to go sdtm as well. (It simply baffles me how that could have been thought of as a good design of that exit.) Is there a good playfield angle that helps with this or any other adjustments or mods that helps with this aspect?

Once you see the zombie get hit in the head for the 2nd time with the crowbar, start flipping both flippers and it will usually sling the ball left or right and not send it SDTM. Don’t ask me why this works, but it does.

#5368 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Once you see the zombie get hit in the head for the 2nd time with the crowbar, start flipping both flippers and it will usually sling the ball left or right and not send it SDTM. Don’t ask me why this works, but it does.

If it's like mine you don't need to wait on the animation. When you hit both flippers it releases the ball. Then hit them both again and it pulses... pulling the ball back up and it usually goes off at some sort of helpful angle. If you pulse it just right it can fling it upwards enough to get a free prison hit. Boom.

I used to just double flip wildly as this worked on another TWD on location but for mine I have to just hit the flippers once... then again to flip it back up. Pissed me off endlessly until I understood it and got the timing right.

Oddly I rarely get SDTM's from the tunnel exit. Probably just got lucky with the angle of the game... don't want to mess with it now. lol

#5369 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Smith:

I put a strip of felt on the outlane from the pops and it stopped any chance of the ball going straight down the middle, also I disabled the pop furthest to the right and it allowed for a nice smooth orbit shot from the tunnel, with the felt straight to the left flipper. I missed this pin, looks the Pro is coming, gonna have to redo some mods, loved my LE.

0d648612b3f8aa1a45b94f650ba0c86525c4febb (resized).jpg0d648612b3f8aa1a45b94f650ba0c86525c4febb (resized).jpg

d507b6beb4dfbdb32f02615583530a1f393ae46d (resized).jpgd507b6beb4dfbdb32f02615583530a1f393ae46d (resized).jpg

f65c4d7073979ef918fdc1e59956570e0bbd978c (resized).jpgf65c4d7073979ef918fdc1e59956570e0bbd978c (resized).jpg

#5370 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Smith:

I just got a TWD pro and it seems like 25% of the time the magnet releases, it nails it sdtm with no hope of doin' anything about it

Slide save. This machine requires fairly liberal tilt settings.

Quoted from Dr_Smith:

... the design of the tunnel output (by the wellwaker) seems to be intentionally designed to have a high frequency of any slow moving exits to go sdtm as well. ... any other adjustments or mods that helps with this aspect?

Nudge appropriately, either while it's in the pops to prevent that slow rolling exit that misses the post or as it rolls by the post to make contact.

#5371 6 years ago

Slide save. This machine requires fairly liberal tilt settings.

Doesn't hitting the flippers pulse that magnet?

#5372 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Once you see the zombie get hit in the head for the 2nd time with the crowbar, start flipping both flippers ...

Interesting little tidbit, that zombie is actually supposed to be John Borg.

#5373 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Doesn't hitting the flippers pulse that magnet?

Hitting the flippers does something. It's never been definitively shown that something is different than what happens if you don't press the flippers. My suspicion is the same action happens at a different time. I have not tested and recorded my results.
If I were to test I would try to determine:
Does the magnet have a static polarity? If not, how is the polarity determined? Does the polarity affect the ball? How does the software activate the magnet? How does the software release the magnet? Can either the activate or release process be affected by the player? If so, how does the process differ when player affected?

Could be more questions. That's just off the top of my head.

#5374 6 years ago

Gonna see if anyone here has solution before I start a new post. My crossbow button stopped working after I was fooling around under the play field. At first the button wouldn’t launch the ball from the plunger. I adjusted the leaf gauges and now it plunges with the crossbow button but still doesn’t launch the from the crossbow. Motor works and coil works it is just not registering button press. Is there more I need to know about the leaf gauge. Looks like there are 4 separate gauges.

#5375 6 years ago

If anyone hasn't installed the @randomkg cleland NIN/Radiohead instrumental mix yet, get on it now!!!!! This has taken an already great game to the next level. Can't believe what a difference it makes. It's why the soundtrack to GOTG is so important. Well done guys and Thanks!

Also, installed some Black colored mirror blades. Thanks to FalconPunch for having these produced (in Oz). WOW. What a difference. They make the playfield appear like it's in a pitch black night. They kind of suck the excess light out and make it really moody and dark. Had no idea they would make such a difference. Get some if you can!

AAaand, had the Stern blood armor which has been on my game for a couple of years, professionally clearcoated. This is how they should have looked from Stern. Completely different. Blacker black and obvious glossy. They look freakin awesome. And obviously the paint splatter won't fall off now.

What a freakin awesome game. Pictures don't do it justice:

IMG_9387 (resized).JPGIMG_9387 (resized).JPG

IMG_9388 (resized).JPGIMG_9388 (resized).JPG

IMG_9389 (resized).JPGIMG_9389 (resized).JPG

IMG_9515 (resized).JPGIMG_9515 (resized).JPG

IMG_9517 (resized).JPGIMG_9517 (resized).JPG

IMG_9518 (resized).JPGIMG_9518 (resized).JPG

#5376 6 years ago

ok, I found the animation with the help of pinball browser. I have no idea how to trigger this, maybe its just random during gameplay, but its a cool easter egg.
Here is an animation I made from still frames in the pb browser with a colored background to see it better.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o934ol8p201ovku/easter%20egg.gif?dl=0

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Fish Tank Animations.
I saw an additional animation today on the fishtank. I completed it like 20 times today and usually you get like 250-500k for a completion, but this one time I got 00, then the middle zombie head made an O shaped mouth, then another animation showed a 600k or 550k completion for the 3 heads. It was very cool!!!
Did I hallucinate this, or did anyone else see this easter egg?

#5377 6 years ago

Anyone know if stern is going to produce any more runs of TWD premium?

Thanks

#5378 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Anyone know if stern is going to produce any more runs of TWD premium?
Thanks

I was told TWD is finished for now. Don't know for how long.

#5379 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

And, had the Stern blood armor which has been on my game for a couple of years, professionally clearcoated. This is how they should have looked from Stern. Completely different. Blacker black and obvious glossy. They look freakin awesome. And obviously the paint splatter won't fall off now.

What a freakin awesome game. Pictures don't do it justice:

Look sick, question : did you remove the fire button metal artwork on the lock bar before it was clear coated ?

#5380 6 years ago

Can anyone who brought an LE confirm for me did TWDLE’s come with Sterns metal/plastic cabinet leg protectors out of the box?

#5381 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can anyone who brought an LE confirm for me did TWDLE’s come with Sterns metal/plastic cabinet leg protectors out of the box?

They did. Pretty sure they are plastic.

#5382 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

They for sure came with the protectors. I think every single Stern game since around ACDC has shipped with them installed.

#5383 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

They did. Pretty sure they are plastic.

Quoted from gweempose:

They for sure came with the protectors. I think every single Stern game since around ACDC has shipped with them installed.

Thanks guys for the replies!

#5384 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Every Stern machine after X men came out with the plastic decal leg protectors. This does not mean the machines fitted with this plastic leg guard will not get damaged decals. Even new, you still have to make sure the legs are bolted on straight and square. I can show you 3 of our machines with damaged decals because the legs were not bolted on correctly. If machine is new you can straighten out the decals easily..

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=felt from new will stop it.

Terry @ PBL is great to deal with. We use them for nearly everything and we are in Australia. Highly recommend.

Happy Flipping!

Con

#5385 6 years ago

Figure Id post in here... Id love to join the club... looking for a walking dead... near chicago. I have the space and cash. No LE's. Can pick up asap. Let me know! Thanks!!

#5386 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

Figure Id post in here... Id love to join the club... looking for a walking dead... near chicago. I have the space and cash. No LE's. Can pick up asap. Let me know! Thanks!!

Call Hemisphere Amusements Hemispheres http://www.hemispheresamusements.com/walking-dead-pinball-machines-for-sale

#5387 6 years ago

Agree . . . if you're looking for a new one, call Kurt at Hemispheres Amusements. You'll get free 3rd party insured shipping and a shaker motor--and he may be able to knock of more of the listed website price (always some sort of special pricing going on), especially if you're paying with cash. And, in the event you have any problems with the game, these guys really step up.

#5388 6 years ago
Quoted from vbittnv:

I have a pro with a lot of mods, but im 5 hours away.

#5389 6 years ago

Just installed my first shaker motor, a PBL one in my TWD Pro.

Not sure what I think after my first few games played with a shaker.

For the times the effect is subtle, it's pretty cool. When it shakes at full speed and makes the entire pin rattle, the sound of the rattling kind of distracts me.

Guess I need more time on it. Was gonna get one for my Metallica, but now I'm thinking I'll save that money and put it toward new speakers and a sub for Metallica.

#5390 6 years ago

I like the shaker in metallica a lot more for some reason. It doesnt rattle like it did in TWD

#5391 6 years ago

+1. If you have to, move it over to Metallica. Starting sparky multi-ball is one of, if not the best shaker effect in pinball.

#5392 6 years ago

I know everybody hates it when people put action figure mods on their pins. But I found these TWD mini figures and I couldn’t help it. Nobody even notices them unless I point them out.

They come in blind packs. So you don’t really know what your going to get. I wound up with Rick, Daryl, Merle and 4 walkers. It worked out pretty good. I put Daryl and a walker over by crossbow magnet. I put Rick and Merle over by Woodbury. And the rest of the walkers I put around the prison.

09284ACE-1C02-4FA0-BA6B-E001CECDBF64 (resized).jpeg09284ACE-1C02-4FA0-BA6B-E001CECDBF64 (resized).jpeg

0FE643ED-C34A-4AE8-B5C8-783B5688BF97 (resized).jpeg0FE643ED-C34A-4AE8-B5C8-783B5688BF97 (resized).jpeg

1FDDA35D-0A4A-4778-A7E5-736D9FCACC24 (resized).jpeg1FDDA35D-0A4A-4778-A7E5-736D9FCACC24 (resized).jpeg

#5393 6 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Agree . . . if you're looking for a new one, call Kurt at Hemispheres Amusements. You'll get free 3rd party insured shipping and a shaker motor--and he may be able to knock of more of the listed website price (always some sort of special pricing going on), especially if you're paying with cash. And, in the event you have any problems with the game, these guys really step up.

Thanks for the suggestions but don't want to take the nib depreciation. Used with mods is my style! Thanks again. Have a couple leads but still looking for potential games!

#5394 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I know everybody hates it when people put action figure mods on their pins. But I found these TWD mini figures and I couldn’t help it. Nobody even notices them unless I point them out.
They come in blind packs. So you don’t really know what your going to get. I wound up with Rick, Daryl, Merle and 4 walkers. It worked out pretty good. I put Daryl and a walker over by crossbow magnet. I put Rick and Merle over by Woodbury. And the rest of the walkers I put around the prison.

They look good. Small and tasteful. Rick's iconic pose looks especially appropriate in the machine.

#5395 6 years ago

Shaker moters make most pins rattle. I put them in every pin and love them. But the rattling makes me nuts. I use thin felt tape wherever there are rattles and eliminate them. Usually the pin will need it is strategic locations around the backglass and speaker panel. Many pins also need this in the glass channel. If you are patient this will pay off and make the shaker a must-have.

#5396 6 years ago

I'm back in with a Pre, keeping this one and now its time to mod it up. Great game.

#5397 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I like the shaker in metallica a lot more for some reason. It doesnt rattle like it did in TWD

Quoted from crwjumper:

Shaker moters make most pins rattle. I put them in every pin and love them. But the rattling makes me nuts. I use thin felt tape wherever there are rattles and eliminate them. Usually the pin will need it is strategic locations around the backglass and speaker panel. Many pins also need this in the glass channel. If you are patient this will pay off and make the shaker a must-have.

Another option is to get a motor speed controller to dial it down just enough to avoid the rattle. They're usually only about $10. My Red Tremor from Cointaker on my MET was WAY over the top! After using a speed controller, no more rattle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00F839VNQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_2

#5398 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Shaker moters make most pins rattle. I put them in every pin and love them. But the rattling makes me nuts. I use thin felt tape wherever there are rattles and eliminate them. Usually the pin will need it is strategic locations around the backglass and speaker panel. Many pins also need this in the glass channel.

Quoted from Sparky:

Another option is to get a motor speed controller to dial it down just enough to avoid the rattle. They're usually only about $10. My Red Tremor from Cointaker on my MET was WAY over the top! After using a speed controller, no more rattle.

Yet another way is adjust the weights so it shakes less. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-adjust-a-shaker-motor-on-tftc-tutorial
Not every shaker motor adjusts the same way.

#5399 6 years ago

AD4C5863-B3B5-4F56-9574-1F30A12C11C1.jpegAD4C5863-B3B5-4F56-9574-1F30A12C11C1.jpeg

#5400 6 years ago

Fantastic painting if that’s what it is. Or is it a photo manipulation? Either way I love it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.