IMG_3704 (resized).jpg
IMG_3705 (resized).jpg
IMG_3706 (resized).jpg
IMG_1728 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_5037339_1681555 (resized).jpg
71lHsSkTFuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_ (resized).jpg
642FBF80-01A5-4865-99E9-A333F11B1FA1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 236.
#5301 6 years ago

Random KG was good enough to show me what parts to order for the Prison opto replacement. They've now arrived from Pinball Life. Is there a tutorial on how to switch this part out? I've Googled, to no avail.
As you can tell, I am not a mech/tech guy...this is my first pin.

Cheers from Canada,

Winston.

#5302 6 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

Played a spectacular game tonite. Got away with murder shaking the game all over the floor. Pulled off horde for the first time .. totals were 335M...
Then I find out how I was getting away tilt free. Damn tilt bob fell off! Oh well

Cheater!! Haha.

#5303 6 years ago

Not sure if this mod has been added, but it was inexpensive and easy. I just swapped the lenses between crossbow and fish tank for the correct color. $10 for the whole kit and there's like 10 aquariums.

IMG_4098 (resized).JPGIMG_4098 (resized).JPG

https://www.amazon.com/McFarlane-Toys-Building-Walking-Governors/dp/B0060A9082

#5304 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

We’ll see you back here in a few if you have any questions on tweaks out of the box and protections, etc. all is contained in the thread but maybe not easy to find. Congrats! Amazing but brutal game with full factory settings, particularly your Prem/LE.

Thanks. I love this game so much. Ordered the bicycle girl ramp light mod already. Thinking of getting dales rv from Mezel next month. Also bought some walking dead mini figures I plan on mounting somehow through my game. Trying to come up with a clean way of mounting these figures.

Also adding mylar under that bicycle girl ramp for added protection.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#5305 6 years ago

I just unscrew a nut at any location and place the half circle plastic under it, then tighten back up.
Seems to hold pretty good.

20160912_160144 (resized).jpg20160912_160144 (resized).jpg

#5306 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Standard flipper hop. Happens on older games when the inlane guide holes get blown out and the inlane sags.
No idea why it happens on TWD. Thinner flipper rubber has worked for me.

Finally tried the thin titan flipper rubber, it does help a lot... it might only happen 5% of the time now, very noticeable improvement.

#5307 6 years ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Finally tried the thin titan flipper rubber, it does help a lot... it might only happen 5% of the time now, very noticeable improvement.

The only other thing is maybe a flipper rebuild would help. If your game has a bunch of plays on it, couldn’t hurt.

#5308 6 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I just unscrew a nut at any location and place the half circle plastic under it, then tighten back up.
Seems to hold pretty good.

I thought of that but was worried they would come loose. I actually put one on like that them took them off. So they stay put?

#5309 6 years ago

I put the thin titan rubbers too, and it's much better now. Not perfect, but i don't think about ball hop anymore.
Thanks chuckwurt

#5310 6 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I thought of that but was worried they would come loose. I actually put one on like that them took them off. So they stay put?

You have to make sure they dont squeeze out as you tighten, but i have had mine for about a year now

#5311 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Not sure if this mod has been added, but it was inexpensive and easy. I just swapped the lenses between crossbow and fish tank for the correct color. $10 for the whole kit and there's like 10 aquariums.

» YouTube video
amazon.com link »

I think it would be better with three tanks on the back panel. Shame it is $30 here in the UK otherwise I would get one and experiment.

#5312 6 years ago

I think it would be better with three tanks on the back panel. Shame it is $30 here in the UK otherwise I would get one and experiment.

I thought about all of them on the back wall, but felt they are too small to be that far back once I dry fit it. Believe me with the Pro I was itching to upgrade the tank on the back wall, it's actually what I had intended when I purchased it. I did add the crossbow from the Daryl Dixon figure this evening.

IMG_4104 (resized).JPGIMG_4104 (resized).JPGIMG_4107 (resized).JPGIMG_4107 (resized).JPG

#5313 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Thanks! I'll take it off and hopefully that solves it.

Same problem for me, doesn't register all the time with a hit down the centre of the prison.

I've changed the LEDs on the optos which didn't seem to help.

Have you removed the cliffy around the prison door magnet and if so what results have you come up with.

Thanks.

#5314 6 years ago

Does anyone know if you can still get the the fish tank mod for the Pro? I've searched via Google and can't find any in stock.

Thanks,
Adam.

#5315 6 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Does anyone know if you can still get the the fish tank mod for the Pro? I've searched via Google and can't find any in stock.
Thanks,
Adam.

I just posted looking for the same thing as well. I was late the TWD party and hate that I missed out on this one...

#5316 6 years ago

See Post 5256 for an option.

Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I just posted looking for the same thing as well. I was late the TWD party and hate that I missed out on this one...

#5317 6 years ago

Total NEWB question here.... I know how to start HORDE and Last Man Standing. But how do I start siege?

Thanks,

#5318 6 years ago

12 prison jackpots during prison multiball (first 6 = prison then another red shot, followed by the superjackpot. The other 6 are a ramp and then the closed prison, unless you play it in two times then you continue on you count but with the behaviour of the first 6 again). Siege starts after prison multiball has ended by shooting the prison.

#5319 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Same problem for me, doesn't register all the time with a hit down the centre of the prison.
I've changed the LEDs on the optos which didn't seem to help.
Have you removed the cliffy around the prison door magnet and if so what results have you come up with.
Thanks.

Ive removed the magnet cliffy from in front of the prison door and now the optos work all the fakn time whoo hoo !

#5320 6 years ago

Alright, I'm an idiot! The past 4-5 months I've been really struggling with having good games and have only made Horde a couple times. Just realized that I've had my extra balls turned off since hosting league night back in June. -Doh!

#5321 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Alright, I'm an idiot! The past 4-5 months I've been really struggling with having good games and have only made Horde a couple times. Just realized that I've had my extra balls turned off since hosting league night back in June. -Doh!

That's ok because now you'll be a better player playing with the handicap! If it makes you feel better, I've only gotten to horde twice with extra ball awarded at 90 million, and at 20 walker kills. have had the game since July. I suck at pinball haha

#5322 6 years ago

Got my premium back in June but was in the process of moving and haven't had a chance to put much time into it until recently.....man, was I missing out....such a great game! Nearly made it to Horde a couple of nights ago for the first time. Wow, this game really gets the adrenaline going. I'm addicted.

#5323 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

5 walker kills + Woodbury shot = extra ball = necessary!

#5324 6 years ago

10 tower hits on default settings either lights EB at the Woodbury shot or awards extra ball.

#5325 6 years ago

Hey guys I'm being lazy and not wanting to read through the entire thread, got a premium and was just curious of some "must do's" or must have mods..I know there has been talk about the left ramp being clunky and it is and maybe lighting up Bicycle Girl...appreciate some cliff notes on must haves or must do's....thanks!!!

#5326 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

10 tower hits on default settings either lights EB at the Woodbury shot or awards extra ball.

I can count on no hands how many times I've intentionally hit the Riot shot...

#5327 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

lol, definitely a tough shot. You have no room for error, has to be perfect. I like that there is a good mix of easy to near impossible shots in this game. Keeps it interesting.

#5328 6 years ago

I don't have too much of a problem with Riot shot. Lots of people even hit it with the left flipper off of a well walker bank shot. I wish I could do that more.

People can always go into the settings and make it a bit easier to progress into TWD. Better that than never progressing super deep. Easy to change back and adjust too.

Always great to hear people enjoying their pins and what TWD has to offer.

Quoted from thall17:

Hey guys I'm being lazy and not wanting to read through the entire thread, got a premium and was just curious of some "must do's" or must have mods..I know there has been talk about the left ramp being clunky and it is and maybe lighting up Bicycle Girl...appreciate some cliff notes on must haves or must do's....thanks!!!

Here's some mods that one can consider. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/80#post-3554830
Add the color dmd (LED or LCD) to that.

EDIT. Don't forget the alt sound codes out there; number 1 mod. So much amazing-ness... and variety. Thx so much to all the awesome open contributors.

#5329 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I don't have too much of a problem with Riot shot. Lots of people even hit it with the left flipper off of a well walker bank shot. I wish I could do that more.
People can always go into the settings and make it a bit easier to progress into TWD. Better that than never progressing super deep. Easy to change back and adjust too.
Always great to hear people enjoying their pins and what TWD has to offer.

Here's some mods that one can consider. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/80#post-3554830
Add the color dmd (LED or LCD) to that.

I just added an LCD color dmd to my premium, worth every penny.

#5330 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Mine was the same. I noticed that the target to the left of the prison doors was leaning a little to the left. I adjusted it more to the right and the Riot shot is now a LOT easier.

#5331 6 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

My opinions..
Remove felt pads under BG ramp and install cliffy
KPG’s custom sound rom
Color DMD in high res mode
Gnassel’s BG light mod
Subwoofer!

Junky

#5332 6 years ago

Finally joined the 1 billion club yesterday!!!!! Had horde and terminus. Put up 80mil in Horde and 117 in Terminus. Ended 5 walker kills shy of last man standing with 110. Was an intense game until the very end!!!

2420259B-CBCF-45C5-8353-323103E42A7D (resized).jpeg2420259B-CBCF-45C5-8353-323103E42A7D (resized).jpeg

#5333 6 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Finally joined the 1 billion club yesterday!!!!! Had horde and terminus. Put up 80mil in Horde and 117 in Terminus. Ended 5 walker kills shy of last man standing with 110. Was an intense game until the very end!!!

Holy crap what a game!

#5334 6 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Was an intense game until the very end!!!

... and then you went and got yourself bit.

Great score!!!!

#5335 6 years ago

I know this isn't going to happen, but I think it would be cool for stern to do a re-release of TWD based on the comic book art.

#5336 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

I know this isn't going to happen, but I think it would be cool for stern to do a re-release of TWD based on the comic book art.

I think it's a great idea. Would be very cool if it happened. Never say never!

#5337 6 years ago

Hi.

What are NIB buyers paying for their TWD's right now?

I realize that a person can easily search for current prices online ($5.6K and $7.2K for Pro and Premium, respectively), but Pinsiders I talk to say, Don't assume that posted prices are the lowest prices. Call the dealers and ask!

So, did buyers of NIB TWD's on this thread get better deals than the prices above? Did you buy from regional dealers 'cause there is no other option? You can't, for instance, buy from some distant dealer 'cause his price is lower than your local dealer? I thought Stern was fairly strict about such things.

I would like to buy a used TWD, but the few I find are priced at very nearly the cost of a new machine. As a result, I'm looking harder at buying NIB.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks for reading my post!

J

#5338 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Hi.
I realize that a person can easily search for current prices online ($5.6K and $7.2K for Pro and Premium, respectively), but Pinsiders I talk to say, Don't assume that posted prices are the lowest prices. Call the dealers and ask!
So, did buyers of NIB TWD's on this thread get better deals than the prices above? Did you buy from regional dealers 'cause there is no other option? You can't, for instance, buy from some distant dealer 'cause his price is lower than your local dealer? I thought Stern was fairly strict about such things.
I would like to buy a used TWD, but the few I find are priced at very nearly the cost of a new machine. As a result, I'm looking harder at buying NIB.
J

Call JJ at game exchange in CO

Call Trent at tilt in Cbus OH

Call Melissa at Cointaker

#5339 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Call JJ at game exchange in CO
Call Trent at tilt in Cbus OH
Call Melissa at Cointaker

Exactly! I bought my NIB TWD Prem from Melissa at Cointaker. Awesome service. Of course, no issues so far, so I haven’t had to test out any follow-up warranty service.

#5340 6 years ago

I just installed a SainSmart PWM DC 6V 12V 24V 28V 3A Motor Speed Control Switch Controller inline with my Cointaker shaker and this is a must have controller for the shaker. Its cheap ($10-$12) and allows fine control of the cointaker shaker. At 1/3 speed the cointaker shaker is equivalent to the stern shaker. Thanks for the tips guys! The shaker is used so many times in this game and with various levels of shake for effect. Very nice.

Quoted from PW79:

Is it a cointaker shaker?
That thing is F'n worthless in TWD
Its stupid how much it shakes. My playfield glass & translite sound like they're going to break. It's the worst mod I've ever done in my life lol.
I turned it off. Good thing I hate money & cool shit.

#5341 6 years ago

Here's one for you. Brad's a good dude and takes great care of his pins.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “The Walking Dead Pro that looks and plays great. Includes Cliffy otherwise a stock machine. Looking to sell outright, not interested in trades at this time. I can offer plenty o...”
2017-10-31
Plainfield, IL
Archived after: 29 days
Viewed: 487 times

#5342 6 years ago

Hi.
J

Jason,

Feel free to call the dealers that Chuckwurt listed in the post below yours. If buying from a dealer out-of-state, you don't have to pay sales tax, so that's a big advantage. It really doesn't matter where geographically in the U.S. you buy your game from. What matters is the final price...including shipping (and of course, dealer reputation and support).

Good luck!

-Ned

#5343 6 years ago
Quoted from chill:

If buying from a dealer out-of-state, you don't have to pay sales tax, so that's a big advantage.

You pay use tax instead. No advantage.
MN - http://www.revenue.state.mn.us/Forms_and_Instructions/sales_tax_booklet.pdf
Use tax
If you buy a taxable item for your own use without paying sales tax, you probably owe use tax. The tax rate is the same for both sales and use tax, and the same exemptions apply. Use tax is due on taxable items and services used in Minnesota if no sales tax was paid at the time of purchase. The general use tax rate is the same as the state’s general sales tax rate, 6.875 percent. All general local sales taxes also have a corresponding use tax, which is at the same rate as the local sales tax.

NV - https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-372.html#NRS372Sec185
1.  An excise tax is hereby imposed on the storage, use or other consumption in this State of tangible personal property purchased from any retailer on or after July 1, 1955, for storage, use or other consumption in this State at the rate of 2 percent of the sales price of the property.
2.  The tax is imposed with respect to all property which was acquired out of state in a transaction that would have been a taxable sale if it had occurred within this State.

#5344 6 years ago

I wonder how many pins have sold and the buyer paid the use tax?

#5345 6 years ago
Quoted from chill:

I wonder how many pins have sold and the buyer paid the use tax?

I'll take a wild guess and say.... none

#5346 6 years ago

I think most states have this kind of clause. I remember seeing it in other states when filing tax returns. I also know that the compliance rate is low enough that MN joined a lawsuit against Amazon for not collecting the sales tax. I assume we bailed out once they put in a physical location and were required to collect sales tax on MN sales. So while the law says the buyer is supposed to pay, any law which assumes the buyer will maintain a meticulous and accurate spreadsheet of purchases online throught the year for the sole purpose of sending in a check for 7.5% of the spreadsheet total on April 15th makes me chuckle.

#5347 6 years ago

Grab em while you can, Stern has now sold out 3 years is up.

#5348 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I just installed a SainSmart PWM DC 6V 12V 24V 28V 3A Motor Speed Control Switch Controller inline with my Cointaker shaker and this is a must have controller for the shaker. Its cheap ($10-$12) and allows fine control of the cointaker shaker. At 1/3 speed the cointaker shaker is equivalent to the stern shaker.

If you are going to all this trouble just to bring the red tremor shaker down to Stern shaker speeds, wouldn't it make more sense just buy the Stern shaker in the first place?

#5349 6 years ago

The red tremor shaker was included in my purchase. It would be $100.00 extra to purchase the Stern shaker. This controller gives people an easy way to tone it down for a few dollars.

Quoted from gweempose:

If you are going to all this trouble just to bring the red tremor shaker down to Stern shaker speeds, wouldn't it make more sense just buy the Stern shaker in the first place?

#5350 6 years ago

In the Club as of Sunday! Loving my new Pro!

C62A12A6-18D1-4F71-8E81-349D932B844C (resized).jpegC62A12A6-18D1-4F71-8E81-349D932B844C (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 11,771 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 236.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.