IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 237.
#4951 6 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

The links are in post #913 here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/19#post-3665319
I'm running the custom kpg audio on my Premium. It sounds amazing IMO. And I've tried all of the custom audio roms I could find on my virtual pinball machine including slayer/beavis&butthead, NIN, etc.
I think both the kpg and cleland roms sound way better than stock. You should try a few and see what you like.
Junky

Yeah I think the KPG is one of the best as it gives you all the Cleland show quotes but leaves a little bit of the redneck in for some shot instruction

#4952 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Okay, so I thought I knew what hard pinball was. Then I got my TWD tonight. What the hell. My butthole actually was *NOT* ready.

Don't be afraid to get the yoyocopter lane extenders... at least to use at first. Otherwise your wife may never want to play it...at all. You'll still lose it down the middle, etc but it makes the outlanes comparable to other machines.

Play it first for a while without them... then later you can remove them when you have a handle on the shots.

#4953 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Don't be afraid to get the yoyocopter lane extenders...

#4954 6 years ago

The links are in post #913 here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/19#post-3665319
I'm running the custom kpg audio on my Premium. It sounds amazing IMO. And I've tried all of the custom audio roms I could find on my virtual pinball machine including slayer/beavis&butthead, NIN, etc.
I think both the kpg and cleland roms sound way better than stock. You should try a few and see what you like.
Junky

Thanks for the links. I only have a pro so I don't think I can use anything except Cleland or the music ones, and I don't really care to change the music, just the callouts.

#4955 6 years ago

I got my Speaker LED Kit installed on Saturday along with the acrylic inserts. I have to say, this is a great mod and well worth the money.

Thought I'd throw up a picture so anyone can see it that hasn't. It changes a bunch of different colors, but I thought red looked the nicest.

IMG_4862 (resized).JPGIMG_4862 (resized).JPG

#4956 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Don't be afraid to get the yoyocopter lane extenders... at least to use at first. Otherwise your wife may never want to play it...at all. You'll still lose it down the middle, etc but it makes the outlanes comparable to other machines.
Play it first for a while without them... then later you can remove them when you have a handle on the shots.

This x10
If you are the only one in the house that plays and you are a good player that likes the challenge then great, leave it stock.
Nobody that came over would play more than one game on mine because it was way too punishing even with the outlanes closed down. Now with the lane extenders, people feel like they have a fighting chance.
When I have seasoned pinball players over obviously their scores are higher, but the majority of people that come over never play pinball unless they are at my house so it makes it more fun for them. Just my opinion

#4957 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I got my Speaker LED Kit installed on Saturday along with the acrylic inserts. I have to say, this is a great mod and well worth the money.
Thought I'd throw up a picture so anyone can see it that hasn't. It changes a bunch of different colors, but I thought red looked the nicest.

That looks great! I want them for mine. Please post the link.
Thanks

#4958 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Thanks for the links. I only have a pro so I don't think I can use anything except Cleland or the music ones, and I don't really care to change the music, just the callouts.

You're welcome.
You can use any one of them, as long as it's a pro version. When you replace the rom you will be changing ALL of the audio to whatever was created by the person who made it. You won't have the option of replacing just callouts or just music. Unless you use pinball browser to make your own custom one of course. If you do, please share!
Junky

#4959 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

This x10
If you are the only one in the house that plays and you are a good player that likes the challenge then great, leave it stock.
Nobody that came over would play more than one game on mine because it was way too punishing even with the outlanes closed down. Now with the lane extenders, people feel like they have a fighting chance.
When I have seasoned pinball players over obviously their scores are higher, but the majority of people that come over never play pinball unless they are at my house so it makes it more fun for them. Just my opinion

They/he should do a set for IM!

#4960 6 years ago

That looks great! I want them for mine. Please post the link.
Thanks

Thanks! I think it's a great mod for the money.

Here are the two links you'll need:

Light kit:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-9.html

Acrylic Inserts

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

#4961 6 years ago

So how poverty is a pro compared to premium? The pro looks pretty damn cool to me still (watching Bowen and deadflip videos). Should I bother with it?

#4962 6 years ago

There are a lot of threads/comments comparing a pro to a premium, with opinions for or against one or the other.

#4963 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So how poverty is a pro compared to premium? The pro looks pretty damn cool to me still (watching Bowen and deadflip videos). Should I bother with it?

I have a Pro and I don't feel like I got short changed at all. I've played both games and they are both good. I definitely like the art package better on the Premium but as far as gameplay I personally like the Pro just as much. Only thing I recommend on the Pro is changing out some of the LED's and giving it a little color because it has way too many white bulbs from the factory.

#4964 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Thanks! I think it's a great mod for the money.
Here are the two links you'll need:
Light kit:
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Type-9.html
Acrylic Inserts
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

Thank you!

#4965 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

They/he should do a set for IM!

Hi , can you make me a photo of the outlane on the IM , my Save post can go on all the pinball have the save outlane plastic part

Thanks to Matts and Manic for the comment

IMG_20150804_114104 (resized).jpgIMG_20150804_114104 (resized).jpg

#4966 6 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Hi , can you make me a photo of the outlane on the IM , my Save post can go on all the pinball have the save outlane plastic part
Thanks to Matts and Manic for the comment

I'll PM them

EDIT: no i won't because you can't send pictures via PM...

See below:

IMG_7248[1] (resized).JPGIMG_7248[1] (resized).JPG

IMG_7249[1] (resized).JPGIMG_7249[1] (resized).JPG

#4967 6 years ago

If all goes well I should be joining the club next week! Are there any must have mods for gameplay or setup tweaks I should know about? Can't wait!

John

#4968 6 years ago

Pro or premium/le?

Make sure the game is level, and if you get SDTM from the prison magnet, then turning the core 90 degree might help.

Congrats!

#4970 6 years ago

I only have the Woodbury sign as a mod. I'm not a huge fan of mods though, but thought the sign looked like it should have come from factory. Other than that, set it up correctly and you should have minimal SDTMs.

Also Cleland's sound ROM is a must have for sure. It's a key topic on page one, you should be able to find it easily. Add a subwoofer, and I hear a shaker is a good addition.

#4972 6 years ago

I'll PM them
EDIT: no i won't because you can't send pictures via PM...
See below:

Hi Paul , sorry but the save post is not good for your IM it's not the same outlane guide, i make the save post because on the WD there is not mini post behind the outlane guide , on the IM you have the save post , just down your outlane post .

Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

If all goes well I should be joining the club next week! Are there any must have mods for gameplay or setup tweaks I should know about? Can't wait!
John

My Save post

#4973 6 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Hi Paul , sorry but the save post is not good for your IM it's not the same outlane guide, i make the save post because on the WD there is not mini post behind the outlane guide , on the IM you have the save post , just down your outlane post .

My Save post

Iron Man does not need a extended save post (besides the fact that no pinball needs it ), the outlane post can be adjusted to make it easier. Nothing more should be necessary

#4974 6 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

John

Shaker
ColorDMD
Custom Rom (like KPG or Cleland)
You may need to add some rubber to combat center drains out of the pops (well documented on the forums)

Junky

#4975 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Iron Man does not need a extended save post (besides the fact that no pinball needs it ), the outlane post can be adjusted to make it easier. Nothing more should be necessary

His game His money His choice

If someone wants to make ajustement and make it smoother for him or friends or kids
Or just to get farther in the game , nothing nothing nothing wrong there .

#4976 6 years ago

Shaker
ColorDMD
Custom Rom (like KPG or Cleland)
You may need to add some rubber to combat center drains out of the pops (well documented on the forums)
Junky

I'd also add the LED speaker grills + acrylic inserts (I posted a picture above). The Hitchhiker sign is pretty sweet too. It looks like it should have been there from the beginning.

#4977 6 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll definitely be going with a shaker. The sound roms could be a nice addition also. I'm in the process of reading this entire thread so that should help pass the time till the pin actually gets here.

#4978 6 years ago
Quoted from JohnDelNJ:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll definitely be going with a shaker. The sound roms could be a nice addition also. I'm in the process of reading this entire thread so that should help pass the time till the pin actually gets here.

Sound Roms are AMAZING. I got mine in a trade (only played it twice) and didn't realize I had them. Finally got the hint when I tried to turn "adult language" off and realized you can't.

#4979 6 years ago

If you are into Undercab lighting, we have a nice set that is reasonably priced and easy to install. There is a video of it on our website, very active in this game.

https://lermods.com/products/the-walking-dead-pinball-led-strip-undercabinet-light-kit

#4980 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Sound Roms are AMAZING. I got mine in a trade (only played it twice) and didn't realize I had them. Finally got the hint when I tried to turn "adult language" off and realized you can't.

What, is there adult language in twd? I have a premium, cant remember any swearing?

#4981 6 years ago

I don't think there is any in the factory callouts. But most people have probably switched to one of the user created ROMs which definitely do have adult language.

#4982 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

What, is there adult language in twd? I have a premium, cant remember any swearing?

I don't really know, but there is a setting.

#4983 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I don't really know, but there is a setting.

Yes there is a setting for Adult content in the standard software.

Adjustments menu
Feature adjustments 1
Adult content, toggle between yes or no.

The factory setting is "yes". The means that there will be swearing etc. I am fairly sure that this setting is available on most late model Stern machines.

Have fun!

#4984 6 years ago

For those that have made it to siege, I'm wondering how close I'm getting. At least 3 times now I get to the point in prison multiball where Rock says "the prison is ours" (clelands) and the only shots lit are the CDC and arena ramps. I can't make either shot to save myself, very frustrating. I chalk it up to nerves. Do I just need to make those last 2 shots?

#4985 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Yes there is a setting for Adult content in the standard software.
Adjustments menu
Feature adjustments 1
Adult content, toggle between yes or no.
The factory setting is "yes". The means that there will be swearing etc. I am fairly sure that this setting is available on most late model Stern machines.
Have fun!

Hey do you know if this setting only relates to the language or does it tone down some of the more graphic DMD animations? I'm still hoping to get one of these but I know I'll get grief from the Mrs. Personally the animations are more comic violence than anything, but that was only on a mono-DMD, maybe on a ColourDMD they would seem more gory.

Cheers.

#4986 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hey do you know if this setting only relates to the language or does it tone down some of the more graphic DMD animations?

I'm still hoping to get this pin one day but I know I'll get grief from the Mrs. Personally I find the animations are more comic violence than anything, but that was only on a mono-DMD, maybe on a ColourDMD they would seem more gory.

Cheers.

#4987 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I'm still hoping to get this pin one day but I know I'll get grief from the Mrs. Personally I find the animations are more comic violence than anything, but that was only on a mono-DMD, maybe on a ColourDMD they would seem more gory.
Cheers.

Hi Kris, there are a few animations that are pretty gory - like the face being gouged with a knife and some other stuff, but it's done in a comic style. Not sure i'd be happy with small kids (under 10's?) playing it though. Especially with the ColorDMD (which is a must have) - this makes it easier to see what's really going on!

As for the Adult content switch, i'm almost certain this just disables the stronger language, just like in Met.

#4988 6 years ago

As for the Adult content switch, i'm almost certain this just disables the stronger language, just like in Met.

Most probably, I was just surprised since I havent noticed any adult language

#4989 6 years ago

Hi Kris, there are a few animations that are pretty gory - like the face being gouged with a knife and some other stuff, but it's done in a comic style. Not sure i'd be happy with small kids (under 10's?) playing it though. Especially with the ColorDMD (which is a must have) - this makes it easier to see what's really going on!

Cheers for that Paul!!

#4990 6 years ago

I have a color DMD LCD set to Hi Res so everything is smoother and more comic like, just for that reason.

#4991 6 years ago

How many waves are there in horde? Do they just keep coming until you drain? Hard to tell if I'm making progress once I start it, which has only happened a few times.

Not only are the pants coming of the well walker, the back side of the pants has adhesive that is very sticky even after falling off and stuck to a ball yesterday. The ball made a weird pivot before I noticed a fingernail size chunk was stuck to the ball (stayed on until I got it out of the shooter lane). I was thinking of peeling off the whole pants sticker but the adhesive is still on the base of the well walker and I think would just add more dirt/help the ball pick up more dirt and destroy balls pretty fast. Haven't run into this issue with another game before, any help? Should I call stern and try to get a new sticker replacement? Will that start falling apart in another six months of play too?

Btw this game is amazing for anyone asking or thinking of buying, I really think it's one of the best Stern games. Hard but rewarding if you put in work. It will last a long time in most people's collections. The pinstadium mod is great on this game, can't wait for them to start shipping.

#4992 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

How many waves are there in horde? Do they just keep coming until you drain?

Yep.

#4993 6 years ago

Setup TWD at home before putting it on location in our bar.

Two things: It has quickly become my favorite pin. And Rocko likes laying under it.
Might have to consider leaving this one at home.

TWD pinball (resized).jpgTWD pinball (resized).jpg

#4994 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

How many waves are there in horde? Do they just keep coming until you drain?

Or you get bit. They keep getting closer to the screen unless you keep killing the nearest one. I do believe that if one gets too close it shuts down your flippers. That happened to me once, though I may have been drinking, so its difficult to say.

#4995 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

For those that have made it to siege, I'm wondering how close I'm getting. At least 3 times now I get to the point in prison multiball where Rock says "the prison is ours" (clelands) and the only shots lit are the CDC and arena ramps. I can't make either shot to save myself, very frustrating. I chalk it up to nerves. Do I just need to make those last 2 shots?

By default I believe t takes 12 jackpots (Blue shots) to start siege. I find it almost impossible unless it's my primary focus/goal.

#4996 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

By default I believe t takes 12 jackpots (Blue shots) to start siege. I find it almost impossible unless it's my primary focus/goal.

I think I've had it down to 2 shots left a few times now. It just seems like it's the two ramp shots and I can't hit them at that point. Total mental fold up.

#4997 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Not only are the pants coming of the well walker, the back side of the pants has adhesive that is very sticky even after falling off and stuck to a ball yesterday. The ball made a weird pivot before I noticed a fingernail size chunk was stuck to the ball (stayed on until I got it out of the shooter lane). I was thinking of peeling off the whole pants sticker but the adhesive is still on the base of the well walker and I think would just add more dirt/help the ball pick up more dirt and destroy balls pretty fast. Haven't run into this issue with another game before, any help? Should I call stern and try to get a new sticker replacement? Will that start falling apart in another six months of play too?

I removed mine when it started falling apart and then removed the glue residue with goo gone. I recently ordered these...
https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/the-walking-dead-walker-pants
I haven't received them yet. I'm curious to see how many plays I will get before they break apart also. The WW base is a very frequently hit impact target.
Junky

#4998 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Cheers.

I can confirm that the adult content setting only changes the call outs. The DMD images remain the same. They are quite graphic if you fit a color DMD! We have small children at home on occasions (younger than 10) and they stay away from our TWDLE. It is definitely not their game of choice. The walker noises scare them away (except the 2 year old, she loves it). We turn the machine off when the kids are around.

It is an awesome game. Get one while you still have a chance. In my opinion it is definitely the best game in recent times and a must have in any collection.

#4999 6 years ago

Help! When we turn on our game it takes about a 1,5 minut before it lights up. The only thing that lights up is the optos in front of the jail and in the ball trough.
Its been like this seens it was new. Stern can't find the problem, can any one of you. It's very anoying.
Ola

image-0-02-05-93d530b9202a30dcaa5c2449dc31411278075b9da91fe26dbb4b43726f37e962-V (resized).jpgimage-0-02-05-93d530b9202a30dcaa5c2449dc31411278075b9da91fe26dbb4b43726f37e962-V (resized).jpg

#5000 6 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

Help! When we turn on our game it takes about a 1,5 minut before it lights up. The only thing that lights up is the optos in front of the jail and in the ball trough.
Its been like this seens it was new. Stern can't find the problem, can any one of you. It's very anoying.
Ola

It is unplayable? Since he beginning?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 26.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11,804 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/100?hl=olaa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.