IMG_8590.jpeg
IMG_4800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4801 (resized).jpeg
R0010351 (resized).jpg
3A806D11-0414-4B59-896B-4EC5124E108B (resized).jpeg
20240218_165719 (resized).jpg
20240218_165740 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11,802 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 237.
#451 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

As always, think you nailed it Apollyon! Looking forward to that kind of stacking. Now if I can just get to Canada someday to buy you a drink and ruin your pins with my initials

If / when you make it here, I'm afraid that drinks will be on me. As far as the high scores go, I have resigned myself to the fact that I am an average pin player at best. Purpledrillmonkey has already stained most of my games with his high score stank. No reason to deny you the privilege of erasing all of my initials off my games.

#452 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

If / when you make it here, I'm afraid that drinks will be on me.

And remember SKB that Canadian beer has a lot more alcohol then American beer so pace yourself

#453 8 years ago

I have a fridge full of cold Canadian grade beverages in the gameroom, and a guest room right beside it (if you're a lightweight and can't pace yourself).

#454 8 years ago

And RobT, you may as well drag your butt up here with SKB. That way I can ensure that none of my games have my initials on them.

We do have one of the largest malls, one of the longest river trail systems, outstanding summer and winter festivals, and are only 3-4 hours from the best mountains in the world.

Plus, with our dollar completely in the shitter, its almost free for you to come here.

#455 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The xbow and bicycle ramp are my 2 biggest cons about the prem/LE. I really really didn't like going for the bicycle girl when playing it.

Bicycle Girl is actually very well implemented on the Premium/LE. It is definitely a risk/reward shot, because shots to BG on the Premium/LE are dangerous and can result in a drain. On the other hand, if you choose not to shoot BG when it's running, you miss out on the opportunity for adding a Multi-Kill and progression towards Horde.

Bicycle Girl on the pro will be much easier, and an absolute no-brainer to shoot for since it's a simple ramp shot that you can just keep looping once you get the ball to the right flipper.

Quoted from Apollyon:

And RobT, you may as well drag your butt up here with SKB. That way I can ensure that none of my games have my initials on them.
We do have one of the largest malls, one of the longest river trail systems, outstanding summer and winter festivals, and are only 3-4 hours from the best mountains in the world.
Plus, with our dollar completely in the shitter, its almost free for you to come here.

That would be awesome!

#456 8 years ago

Not looking to "one up" anyone , but i always wanted to post when i hit the Billionaires club too.

Well it just happened in a big way and i was very excited to see the score when Ball 3 ended. Had an extra ball still to play which i tanked on.

congrats apollyon

IMAG1267.jpgIMAG1267.jpg

IMAG1270.jpgIMAG1270.jpg

IMAG1265.jpgIMAG1265.jpg

IMAG1269.jpgIMAG1269.jpg

#457 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Not looking to "one up" anyone , but i always wanted to post when i hit the Billionaires club too.
Well it just happened in a big way and i was very excited to see the score when Ball 3 ended. Had an extra ball still to play which i tanked on.
congrats apollyon

IMAG1267.jpg IMAG1270.jpg IMAG1265.jpg IMAG1269.jpg

That Riot score is bat shit insane!

In all seriousness, I had no idea that type of score was even possible on a timed mode like that. I'm convinced I do not know all the rules surrounding Riot based on your score here. Wow.

#458 8 years ago

Riot is huge, double scoring starts with the tower hit. Also need a multiball or two going. I just got my largest riot score at 267,100,100.

#459 8 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Riot is huge, double scoring starts with the tower hit. Also need a multiball or two going. I just got my largest riot score at 267,100,100.

Yeah, mine is around 230 million. He's almost 3 times that!

#460 8 years ago

I need to understand how to optimize scoring. Tips????

#461 8 years ago

Optimize scoring... 2 stacked multiballs together with double scoring and a good mode like riot, tunnel, cdc, barn. Hit the drop targets a lot to extend the mode timer.

My riot high score is 240M. And even if i try to play it the way i wrote here, and even succeed. It's still difficult to get a huge score.

And that's why twd is such a great game. Sounds easy, isn't easy, but feels great when you succeed in it.

#462 8 years ago

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I discovered an interesting strategy that applies to the premium/LE. If you are only one shot away from starting a multiball, and the lockdown bar button (walker bomb) is lit, it's almost as if you have a free ball. You can safely shoot whatever you want, and even if you drain, just press the button right away and the multiball will start. It's similar to how you can use the VIP passes in AC/DC.

#463 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I discovered an interesting strategy that applies to the premium/LE. If you are only one shot away from starting a multiball, and the lockdown bar button (walker bomb) is lit, it's almost as if you have a free ball. You can safely shoot whatever you want, and even if you drain, just press the button right away and the multiball will start. It's similar to how you can use the VIP passes in AC/DC.

Yes - Josh Sharpe discussed this on a Pod Cast where he also said he's loving TWD.

#464 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Also works if you want to start multiball, after you shoot riot mode and start 2x scoring.

#465 8 years ago

So this makes the LE/premium the 'easy' game then

#466 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Tell me that you didn't just now realize this?!

The same concept applies when you are in Horde (collect weapons...when you are down to needing 1 or 2 more shots to add another ball, hit the Walker Bomb(s))

#467 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

So this makes the LE/premium the 'easy' game then

MEMBERSHIP has its privileges!

#468 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Tell me that you didn't just now realize this?!

LOL! For some reason, I had only ever thought to use them during multiballs or Horde. To be honest, I discovered this purely by accident. I was on ball three and I drained. I saw that the button was lit up, so I quickly pressed it a few times just to add some points to my score. I do this on Star Trek all the time. Imagine my surprise when it prolonged my ball and started multiball.

#469 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Just like having a martian bomb in AFM to kill the last martian and start MB. Love it.

#470 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Just like having a martian bomb in AFM to kill the last martian and start MB. Love it.

I've never owned AFM or MM. I know both games have bombs, but I have no idea how to use them.

#471 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've never owned AFM or MM. I know both games have bombs, but I have no idea how to use them.

I'm curious as well. Never knew this.

#472 8 years ago

I've been whacking at this thing for months and need to learn the rules. What were the two green arrow inserts that popped up on me last night? I'm used to red, white and blue ones.

They startled me so much I drained immediately so have no idea.

So far my high score is 550K.

#473 8 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I assume you mean 550M?

#474 8 years ago

I've been whacking at this thing for months and need to learn the rules. What were the two green arrow inserts that popped up on me last night? I'm used to red, white and blue ones.
They startled me so much I drained immediately so have no idea.

Victory laps after you collect the WW super jackpot in WW multiball.

#475 8 years ago

I've only had the game a couple weeks. I am still learning the rules and I can't even break 200M.

#476 8 years ago

Yes 550M, in budget season right now at work and used to the K's.

More questions, how do I actually cash in the WW jackpot? Haven't figured that one out yet either.

#477 8 years ago

Yes 550M, in budget season right now at work and used to the K's.
More questions, how do I actually cash in the WW jackpot? Haven't figured that one out yet either.

After you start WW MB, then I think it is a certain number of switch hits which will light WW. Hit WW to collect 1 letter. Do that again 3 more times (4 total - i.e. spell WELL). I think that's it.

#478 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm curious as well. Never knew this.

Yep. MB has them too. On AFM if the Launch button is flashing while the martians are a jigglin', you can use the bomb to kill a martian. If you are down to your last martian it starts martian multiball.

On MM you use a bomb to kill trolls.

On Monster Bash, bombs give you a free shot towards completion of a mode.

#479 8 years ago

New code out -1.41

#480 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

New code out -1.41

And this is precisely why I bought TWD without batting an eye. I knew that with Lyman doing the code the game would get the love it deserves. Installing now ....

#481 8 years ago

Enjoyed the new code...Lyman is the man!

#482 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

And this is precisely why I bought TWD without batting an eye. I knew that with Lyman doing the code the game would get the love it deserves. Installing now ....

In Lyman We Trust!

#483 8 years ago

Eager to hear how the new code affects gameplay! and looking forward to becoming a member of this club when I have digged up the gold treasures hidden deep under my apartment

#484 8 years ago

I'd love to hear from some pro owners on the new update.

#485 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'd love to hear from some pro owners on the new update.

A Pro owner posted this in another thread when asked about the new update.

Quoted from ectobar:

Initial impression is unimpressed.
Not much noticeable change in the light department.
Didn't play particularly well, so can't say much about code.
Sound is back to being awful. George Bush needs to get out my house. Hoping Cleland does his magic soon.

#486 8 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Initial impression is unimpressed.
Not much noticeable change in the light department.
Didn't play particularly well, so can't say much about code.
Sound is back to being awful. George Bush needs to get out my house. Hoping Cleland does his magic soon.

I don't think there is as much that can be done with the GI lighting effects on the pro. The premium/LEs have separately controlled red and white GI strings. As far as I know, the pro is all white.

#487 8 years ago

So one thing I noticed playing the premium yesterday is the weapon insets are annoyingly bright. Have any of you done anything to change this?

#488 8 years ago

I have a question regarding the modes and their related episodes

cdc = end of season 1
barn = season 2
arena = season 3
riot = ?
tunnel = ?

prison = season 3 a 4
well walker = season 2
siege = season 4
terminus = ?
last man standing = ?

#489 8 years ago

tunnel: s04e15 i think.

Terminus: they arrive at Terminus in last episode of season 4, but most events take place in season 5 episode 1 if ir ecall correctly.

#490 8 years ago

Finally got my Fish Tank Topper in today, installed it tonight... and all I have to say is WOW. Best topper in pinball!! And it fits best with the Premium translate as shown below.. What do you guys think? Wife is a little freaked out by this also.

IMG_4436.JPGIMG_4436.JPG

#491 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Finally got my Fish Tank Topper in today, installed it tonight... and all I have to say is WOW. Best topper in pinball!! And it fits best with the Premium translate as shown below.. What do you guys think? Wife is a little freaked out by this also.
IMG_4436.JPG

Congrats! When I got mine installed (thanks to the generous pinside support) I was blown away too.
Awesome on the Premium.

Cleland_TWD_Topper.jpgCleland_TWD_Topper.jpg

#492 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Finally got my Fish Tank Topper in today, installed it tonight... and all I have to say is WOW. Best topper in pinball!! And it fits best with the Premium translate as shown below.. What do you guys think?

I think the topper is cool, but it's a bit too small for my taste. I also think it's somewhat redundant if you have the premium translite. Between the topper, the translite and the playfield, that's six fish tanks.

#493 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think the topper is cool, but it's a bit too small for my taste. I also think it's somewhat redundant if you have the premium translite. Between the topper, the translite and the playfield, that's six fish tanks.

"Shrunken head zombies"? lol.

My first impression out of the box was exactly that- wow, this thing is small! But after installing, it fits in nicely. Full size heads would definitely be too much.

It really doesn't seem redundant to me, did you watch the show when the Governor had the tanks? He had a whole wall of fish tanks with heads and this fits IMO.

Now if we want to talk redundant, I think the Kiss topper will be exactly that, but that's for a whole different thread.

#494 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yeah, but that was one hell of a scene and the Governor had a wall of heads. Plus, none of them are the same heads so it works IMO.
I hear ya though, I wish it was the full width of the backbox, but I'm still impressed....especially with the lights on the new code.

#495 8 years ago

on PRO when I combo the tunnel and then to the Arena ramp the ball has so much speed it jumps off of the ramp and slams up against the glass or will jump the ramp in to the BG return lane ramp. Need a fix for this.

#496 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

on PRO when I combo the tunnel and then to the Arena ramp the ball has so much speed it jumps off of the ramp and slams up against the glass or will jump the ramp in to the BG return lane ramp. Need a fix for this.

You're not having much luck with that Pro yet.

There have been a few people bashing the prem/LE ramps for a while here, especially early on. I've never had a problem on the ramps with my prem/LE (after the bg fix options). Now we have an example of Pro ramp problems. Either way, it's not normal for either machine and it sounds like an adjustment may be necessary. Take a look at the ramp position, mounts and alignment. A tweak may help a lot.

#497 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Set the coil strengths to soft I think its called.
At work so I can't check the exact menu adjustment right now.

#498 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

You're not having much luck with that Pro yet.
There have been a few others bashing the prem/LE ramps for a while here. I've never had a problem on the ramps with my prem/LE. Now we have an example of Pro ramp problems. Either way, it's not normal and it sounds like an adjustment may be necessary. Take a look at the ramp position, mounts and alignment. A tweak may help a lot.

The only people really bashing the LE/Premiums are Pro owners to justify their purchase to themselves I guess?

#499 8 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

This is a design flaw which is not limited to the pro. I've seen this happen on the premium/LE as well. When I do the combo, the ball will sometimes do exactly what you are describing, where it jumps off the Arena ramp and comes back to the right flipper via the BG return ramp. Other times, it will travel behind the playfield and then jump off the ramp as it re-enters the playfield. When this happens, the ball can get stuck behind the flasher dome near the diverter magnet.

#500 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

The only people really bashing the LE/Premiums are Pro owners to justify their purchase to themselves I guess?

I don't think so. At least not that I've noticed with all the research I've been doing on this pin lately. I think the ppl who bash it the most are those, like me, who wanted to buy but saw so many issues with the xbow, bicycle girl, code, and theme integration, that it was destined to get hated on. But Lyman single handedly saved this game from drowning after his own admission on the lack of attention stern gave it. That, coupled with Milhouse + Cleland sound editing has revived this pin.

All that said; I have a premium on order now thanks to Lyman, but are prem owners still having issues with their bg ramp? I thought stern fixed this? Guess I'll find out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11,802 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 237.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.