(Topic ID: 131353)

TWD >> Can some one help me understand multikills??!

By Whysnow

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snailman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 8 years ago

I highly recommend listening to Coast2Coast pinball podcast episode #171. Nate interviews Josh Sharpe, and Josh discusses multi-kills and multi-kill scoring in the episode in detail. Bottom line: multi-kill scoring can be enormous.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-171-shotgun-sharpe-shooting-or-new-life-for-the-walking-dead_50090

Essentially, each time you shoot a lit yellow insert shot (by qualifying a multi-kill), you earn a fraction of your TOTAL AGGREGATE MODE SCORING for ALL MODES PLAYED, for the ENTIRE GAME up to that point.... and it DOESN'T DECREASE OR RESET each time you collect it, nor reset when you drain your ball. It only increases as you continue to score more mode points.

You do have to requalify your multi-kill yellow insert shot on each new ball. But once it's qualified and lit, you will always have one lit for the remainder of the ball, I believe. When you shoot one, you collect your multi-kill value, and the yellow insert moves to a different major shot on the PF.

Enjoy!

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

This is not the same for Riot, Barn and Arena as you cannot "complete" these modes. They currently need to be timed out.

Just to clarify your use of "timed out" for everyone, I'm assuming you mean that the mode will only end when the timer runs out, and you're not suggesting to intentionally time out those modes by cradling up to let the timer wind down.

I want to make sure people don't get confused in thinking that TWD modes aren't worth playing (similar to early iterations of Star Trek scoring, etc). The opposite is true: TWD modes (along with their impact on Multi-kill scoring) are perhaps TOO valuable vs multiball scoring, imho. But I like that the pendulum has swung too far in that direction, because it's created a welcome departure from the recent Stern pin scoring rules that revolve around getting to multiball and primarily going for multiball jackpots.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
6,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Snailman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-can-some-one-help-me-understand-multikills?tu=Snailman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.