(Topic ID: 131353)

TWD >> Can some one help me understand multikills??!

By Whysnow

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Thanks for talking more I depth about the multi kills guys! I've been 1 weapon away from horde many times now and this new info is gonna get me all the way there hopefully. Cannot wait to get back out and play!!

#52 8 years ago

I will try one more time to explain.

HORDE

The 6 "Multikill Weapons" lights in the middle of the playfield (the ones right below the Horde insert) are lit by doing well in modes. Each time you do one of the following, a Multikill Weapon will start to flash:

- Make 2 shots in CDC
- Make 2 shots in Riot
- Make 2 shots in Tunnel
- Make 2 (3?) shots in Arena
- Make 3 (4?) shots in Barn
- Finish CDC mode
- Finish Tunnel mode
- Complete 3 fish tanks (complete a tank, then hit the woodbury shot to re-qualify fishtank shots. They also re-qualify when you lose your ball)
- 10(?) side target completions
- Get 3 Well Walker JPs
- Get 4 Tower JPs

There may be a few more ways to get these, but these are the ones off the top of my head.

The Multikill Weapon lights are lit at random (e.g. collect Barn in one game may light the "knife", next game it may light the "gun").

When you lose your ball, all of the flashing Multikill Weapon lights will light solid. If you light all 6 Multikill Weapon inserts, either solid or flashing, you will qualify for Horde (when you are not in a mode and down to one ball). Hit Woodbury to start.

YELLOW MULTIKILL LIGHTS ON THE 5 MAIN SHOTS

When you collect a Multikill weapon, you will light ONE yellow shot on the playfield. If you hit that lit shot, you will collect a multikill points award, increase further multikill points award, and increase your points total for Horde. When you hit that lit shot, a different yellow insert will light. Hit that shot to collect a multikill points award. ONLY ONE YELLOW LIGHT will be lit at a time. If you collect a second or third Multikill Weapon light in that ball, it will not add another yellow light. But I believe it increases your multikill points award.

Hitting a yellow multikill shot will not give you a Multikill Weapon light.

It can be a bit confusing in the callouts as they say "Multikill" when you light a Multikill Weapon light and when you hit a yellow multikill shot.

#53 8 years ago

THANKS!!!

Best explanation by far!!!

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

THANKS!!!
Best explanation by far!!!

No problem!

#55 8 years ago

Thanks for the great explanation!

#56 8 years ago

Now go kill some zombies!

#57 8 years ago

I haven't played the game much yet with the new code. I got to HORDE for the first time last night. REALLY cool mode! I absolutely love the pulsing lighting effect and the DMD animations. This game is just going to get better and better with each new code drop.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I will try one more time to explain.
HORDE
The 6 "Multikill Weapons" lights in the middle of the playfield (the ones right below the Horde insert) are lit by doing well in modes. Each time you do one of the following, a Multikill Weapon will start to flash:
It can be a bit confusing in the callouts as they say "Multikill" when you light a Multikill Weapon light and when you hit a yellow multikill shot.

May I copy your work for the community rules sheet?

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

great idea.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from e4mafia:

For sure

#61 8 years ago

DONE. And Thank you, sir. You shall be remembered long into the Apocalypse for your contribution!

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

When you collect a Multikill weapon, you will light ONE yellow shot on the playfield. If you hit that lit shot, you will collect a multikill points award, increase further multikill points award, and increase your points total for Horde. When you hit that lit shot, a different yellow insert will light. Hit that shot to collect a multikill points award. ONLY ONE YELLOW LIGHT will be lit at a time. If you collect a second or third Multikill Weapon light in that ball, it will not add another yellow light. But I believe it increases your multikill points award.

This is the part that had me confused at first. I was thinking that you needed to hit the multi-kill yellow shot first in order to light the weapon insert but it's actually the other way around. If you do well in a mode the weapon insert lights up and then gives you various multi-kill shots to shoot for (points). Hitting the yellow multi-kill isn't necessary to collect the weapon but give you more points and increase scoring potential in Horde.-At least I think I have this right now?

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I was thinking that you needed to hit the multi-kill yellow shot first in order to light the weapon insert but it's actually the other way around. If you do well in a mode the weapon insert lights up and then gives you various multi-kill shots to shoot for (points). Hitting the yellow multi-kill isn't necessary to collect the weapon but give you more points and increase scoring potential in Horde.-At least I think I have this right now?

The multikill yellow shot is purely for points and will only be available if you have multikill(s) active (flashing weapon(s)). When you drain, all flashing weapons will turn solid and those multikills are over - there will no longer be a yellow shot available until you start more multikills.

The yellow shot has absolutely no bearing on starting Horde or collecting/completing multikills. It merely scores points (based on mode scoring and # of multikills running in some way) and adds to Horde JP's.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

This is the part that had me confused at first. I was thinking that you needed to hit the multi-kill yellow shot first in order to light the weapon insert but it's actually the other way around. If you do well in a mode the weapon insert lights up and then gives you various multi-kill shots to shoot for (points). Hitting the yellow multi-kill isn't necessary to collect the weapon but give you more points and increase scoring potential in Horde.-At least I think I have this right now?

Yup

#66 8 years ago

UPDATE

Here are the defaults for multikill awards (i.e. things that will light the Multikill Weapon lights to get to HORDE)

- 10 combos
- 10 supplies (i.e. complete the drop targets 10 times)
- Complete Bicycle Girl (4 shots)
- 3 Fish tank completions
- 3 Barn shots
- 3 CDC shots
- 2 Riot shots
- 2 Arena shots
- 2 Tunnel shots
- Complete CDC
- Complete Tunnel
- Complete the drops 3 times in Blood Bath
- 3 successful Crossbow shots
- 4 Prison MB JPs
- 3 Well Walker MB JPs

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

- 4 Prison MB JPs
- 3 Well Walker MB JPs

I amnot sure I fully understand how to get these jackpots?

Prison > do you alternate between shots and prison?
Well > do you just bash the wellwalker a bunch?

#68 8 years ago

I am thinking my path of least resistance to Horde would be
- 3 Barn shots
- 3 CDC shots
- Complete CDC
- 4 Prison MB JPs
- 3 Well Walker MB JPs

however I am slowly realizing it is unlikely I will ever make it to see Horde

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You will. I wasn't even trying for Horde and I got there the other day.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I amnot sure I fully understand how to get these jackpots?
Prison > do you alternate between shots and prison?
Well > do you just bash the wellwalker a bunch?

To my knowledge, you are correct on prison although you can just shoot the prison all day as well instead of lit shots. Each time you alternate from shots back to the prison zombie you get a large jackpot and spell letters in PRISON - these are the jackpots required for the multikill I believe. If you get enough (8?) of these jackpots, Siege mode will be available.

Well walker is switch hit based. After 'X' switch hits the well walker will be available for a JP and a letter in WELL will be collected which progresses to your multikill (after 3) and the 'victory laps' stage (after 4 I think?) which I have only ever seen the start of (green arrows light on the prem/LE)

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

To my knowledge, you are correct on prison although you can just shoot the prison all day as well instead of lit shots. Each time you alternate from shots back to the prison zombie you get a large jackpot and spell letters in PRISON - these are the jackpots required for the multikill I believe. If you get enough (8?) of these jackpots, Siege mode will be available.
Well walker is switch hit based. After 'X' switch hits the well walker will be available for a JP and a letter in WELL will be collected which progresses to your multikill (after 3) and the 'victory laps' stage (after 4 I think?) which I have only ever seen the start of (green arrows light on the prem/LE)

so a good strategy with WELLwalker MB would be to drain on purpose with ball saver still on so you get more pop bumper hits?

I know some of my more lucrative scoring have been with 2x pf and a nice inlane X plus a well jackpot.

Quoted from gweempose:

You will. I wasn't even trying for Horde and I got there the other day.

thanks for the votr of confidence but I still feel a long way off. I will keep trying through and am very excited for the next code update. The game definately still needs some polish but has me coming back for more already.

Still not a fan of the orbit deadend but am realizingthe game is so brutal that a little time in the pops is a breather anyway.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am thinking my path of least resistance to Horde would be
- 3 Barn shots
- 3 CDC shots
- Complete CDC
- 4 Prison MB JPs
- 3 Well Walker MB JPs

The fishtank multikill is easy if you remember to collect it every ball and/or every time you shoot woodbury, and blood bath is ultimately the easiest way imo to try for Horde. In blood bath you can start and complete anything for multikills - the trouble with bloodbath is getting into it requires you to selectively stop the roaming drop target light. It's hard to remember or control that while constantly trying to prevent drains on this machine.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so a good strategy with WELLwalker MB would be to drain on purpose with ball saver still on so you get more pop bumper hits?

Could do, but I find the ball savers TWD in general aren't overly forgiving - also I typically try to use the ball saver to hit drop targets for mode starts and/or bloodbath.

Honestly, I find TWD very difficult to form a 'strategy' just due to how punishing the game is. Every game I find I'm battling to keep the ball alive, and my strategy comes secondary to that. Even on challenging games like Metallica or ACDC I find I can at least start out with goals or methods in mind before the game craps all over me. On TWD as soon as the ball trickles out of the pops and requires a slap save off the well walker into the prison magnet, my strategy is all ruined.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

The fishtank multikill is easy if you remember to collect it every ball and/or every time you shoot woodbury

I may not fully understand how you do the fishtank multikill???

can you explain

#75 8 years ago

I think i read somewhere that 2 successful Woodbury skill shots award a Multikill as well. Can anyone confirm or deny. I seem to remember this being true in one of my hundred games per week. Yeah , its addictive.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

can you explain

At the start of the game, 2 of the three fishtank heads (at least on the LE) are lit. The other is flashing. Hit the Arena shot to collect the last head and complete the fishtank. That's 1 completion. That lights the Woodbury shot. If you hit Arena again, that will not give you progress to the next fishtank. You have to hit the Woodbury shot to re-qualify the fishtank. Once you hit the Woodbury shot, you can start collecting fishtank heads again at the Arena shot. 3 Arena shots will complete the fishtank for a second time. Then hit Woodbury again to re-qualify. Then three more Arena shots to complete the fishtank for a third time. That gives a multikill. Draining your ball will also re-qualify fishtank shots (so you won't have to hit Woodbury)

So in essence you have to hit:

- Arena (to collect 1 fishtank head, and complete the first time)
- Woodbury or drain ball (to re-qualify)
- Arena 3x (to collect second fishtank)
- Woodbury or drain ball (to re-qualify)
- Arena 3x (to collect third fishtank)

Quoted from ezeltmann:

I think i read somewhere that 2 successful Woodbury skill shots award a Multikill as well. Can anyone confirm or deny. I seem to remember this being true in one of my hundred games per week. Yeah , its addictive.

I tested this out and in the latest code, you don't seem to get a multikill for 2 successful Woodbury shots.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

can you explain

I don't think it is implemented well in the pro. I'm hoping they address this in the next update.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I don't think it is implemented well in the pro. I'm hoping they address this in the next update.

I would like to see different rules for the crossbow show too in the Pro. doesn't make sense to offer up all the main shots when the Arena only feeds the ball to the left flipper.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

can you explain

See Apollyon's post above.

Without understanding the rules, its essentially 7 right ramp shots to collect heads. Just need a couple Woodbury shots or ball drains spaced properly in them to relight the shot after a full fishtank is collected.

I would imagine the fishtank/head rules will change quite a bit as they are basically a non-feature at this point aside from a multikill opportunity.

#80 8 years ago

OK, THIS KICKS ASS!!!!

I took off work early to go play a few games (this damn game keeps taunting me) and I made it to HORDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That so rocked!

Ended up at around 240mil and it should have been so much more as I did not play my modes very well. I got to Horde by basically stacking Well and blood bath and pretty sure riot, CDC, and bicycle girl to get me all the way there.

I hit the damnwoodbury shot 3 times once horde was lit and it kept rattling out. Was so tense!!!! I finally stuck it on the 4th shot!

SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I need to do it again and also watch someone else do it so I can actually watch the DMD!!!

so much fun and current GC on the game!!

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ended up at around 240mil and it should have been so much more as I did not play my modes very well. I got to Horde by basically stacking Well and blood bath and pretty sure riot, CDC, and bicycle girl to get me all the way there.

I got my high of over 260 million last night with this same strategy. Get WW and BB going together with CDC or riot and just keep the add a balls coming! much easier to get big Jackpots with WW because of the switch hits increasing the jackpots. Plus, caroms off the WW always hit the drop targets to help get closer to the next add a ball. I got 5/6 weapons qualified after one WW multiball. I shit the bead trying to get to Horde though.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

OK, THIS KICKS ASS!!!!
I took off work early to go play a few games (this damn game keeps taunting me) and I made it to HORDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
That so rocked!
I hit the damnwoodbury shot 3 times once horde was lit and it kept rattling out. Was so tense!!!! I finally stuck it on the 4th shot!
SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No I need to do it again and also watch someone else do it so I can actually watch the DMD!!!
so much fun and current GC on the game!!

Congrats on reaching Horde! I played a few games over lunch today and thought it might be the day I reach Horde but the outlanes just seemed to reach out and grab the ball at every possible chance... Couldn't get much going and will have to try again next week!

#83 8 years ago

Horde in five minutes

#84 8 years ago

Awesome ball one, you make that very difficult machine look really easy to play. Thanks for the video some new things to try...

Quoted from ernoe:

Horde in five minutes
» YouTube video

#85 8 years ago

Played some more last night - it is such a rush when you get things going and that ball starts flowing. But when you miss shots - the game kills you quickly, always making you want one more game.

#86 8 years ago

I got a chance to play some more the other day at the bar and I'm still confused. Somehow I started the Multikill (I think by finishing Bicycle Girl).

The little yellow light lit, I hit the shot and the callout said something about multikill. I'm pretty sure the knife insert lit at the same time. Once I hit the first shot, the yellow light moved to another shot, which I hit, but it didn't light another weapon. The yellow light continued to move as I hit the shots, but it didn't light any more weapons.

Did I do something wrong, or am I missing how this works?

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Did I do something wrong, or am I missing how this works?

This is the same thing that confused me at first...

The yellow multi-kill lights have no bearing on the weapon lights. Doing well in a mode makes the weapon insert light up which in turn can cause a series of yellow multi-kill shots to light up. Hitting these yellow shots have no bearing in moving towards Horde.

#88 8 years ago

Correct. Hitting those shots just increase the value of horde once you get there. Also, the more multi kills you have going at the same time, the more those shots are worth. 2x playfield plus a lane 2x plus a mode shot that has a yellow multikill lit there too? Whoa baby the points! Haha

#89 8 years ago

OK, I got to Horde the other day playing on location. This is not on the code that just dropped yesterday. So how many successful shots in Horde do you have to make before you get the helicopter animation and it adds another ball? This kept happening but I wasn't sure what was triggering it. Love the game more and more. Can't wait to try the new code!

#90 8 years ago

Same question for me. Read someone talking about adding balls back in horde. How do you do that?

#91 8 years ago

Kill all the walkers in that waive. There is a counter in the dmd saying how many walkers left. Have to hit the right (lit) shots to kill a walker.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-can-some-one-help-me-understand-multikills/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.