Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by hoby1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Just got a NIB TWD premium with a build date of 2/16. It does NOT have the felt and has a rigid edge on the ramp . Worried about wear there even though it has myler.... Thoughts?

#2 7 years ago

I'm pretty sure that the distributor can get the felt pads to protect the playfield. I put a Cliffy on mine from day one because the "felt pad Stern fix-it" wasn't available yet. I'm really happy with the Cliffy. In fact, there are some dents in the Cliffy so I'm sure the BG ramp would be chewing up my playfield without it. Easy to install too.

#3 7 years ago

All it really is target foam put between the ramp flap and plastic lip of lift ramp.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All it really is target foam put between the ramp flap and plastic lip of lift ramp.

so would you recommend it ... its only 8 bucks.

#5 7 years ago

get the cliffy kit and dont look back. includes the magnet protecters and the shooter lane also.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

Get the cliffy kit and don't look back. Includes the magnet protectors and the shooter lane also.

Are magnet protectors necessary on TWD? I was under the impression that the new design with the extended metal area around the core eliminated the need for them.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

so would you recommend it ... its only 8 bucks.

I took my foam off and added a cliffy and am very happy with the results. Before the cliffy the mylar was getting chewed up even with the stern fix.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Are magnet protectors necessary on TWD? I was under the impression that the new design with the extended metal area around the core eliminated the need for them.

You are correct ....magnet protection not necessary on twd bc of the new style magnets

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Not Necessary but I bought the wd le kit from cliffy there is still an edge there between the metal and wood. Rather be safe than sorry.

#10 7 years ago

I actually adjust my magnet core just a c$#t hair above the playfield ...... Just enough so it cant wear the edge

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-bg-cliffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.