1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Blakester
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_4579 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4375 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4461 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4634 (resized).JPG

#1 1 year ago

With all the new shit coming out, its always easy to trash pile the "oldies" for the new stuff.

BUT, these pins are as good as it gets, yes i know GB gets some hate for whatever reason but its awesome.

IF, we were including LCD clips with full blown callouts like BM66 we'd be talking about 2 of the greatest pins ever, especially TWD

Either way, long term keepers

#2 1 year ago

It’s nice to play a game that doesn’t have a recycled layout...

I got to play both GOTG and SW during my trip to Vegas and couldn’t help but feel like I’ve played them before. Both played smooth, but I left them feeling unsatisfied.

#3 1 year ago

Totally agreed

#4 1 year ago

Yes Sir.......two awesome pins!

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

With all the new shit coming out, its always easy to trash pile the "oldies" for the new stuff.
    BUT, these pins are as good as it gets, yes i know GB gets some hate for whatever reason but its awesome.
    IF, we were including LCD clips with full blown callouts like BM66 we'd be talking about 2 of the greatest pins ever, especially TWD
    Either way, long term keepers

You got my two votes, wouldn't trade either.

#6 1 year ago

TWD premium might just be the greatest pin ever made.
    GB.....not so much.

#8 1 year ago

Agree - both great pins.

#9 1 year ago

Twd...gb met...Proably some of the best stern pins out....

#10 1 year ago

Agreed!

Side by side!

IMG_4634 (resized).JPG

#11 1 year ago

I agree with everything Ice said....except the GB bit.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from PiperPinball:

Agreed!
    Side by side!

Just curious piperpinball why did you change your real original TWDLE back glass which is awesome? Same could be said for B66 le (except the real bit).

#13 1 year ago

i agree, 2 nice pins for sure... but then not more the same story when we're talking about code

TWD wins !

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Just curious piperpinball why did you change your real original TWDLE back glass which is awesome? Same could be said for B66 le (except the real bit).

Exactly...... I put the pro one which is the same as the LE but its a translite in my premium. I like that one the best. But each to there own.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Because its a modified Micheal Jackson Thriller verison

IMG_4461 (resized).JPG

IMG_4375 (resized).JPG

IMG_4579 (resized).JPG

#16 1 year ago

I own both, and agree. The Pinball Browser changes to TWD really took that game to the next level by ratcheting up the theme immersion, and I'm happy to see the same thing happening right now with Ghostbusters (with respect to the music).

#17 1 year ago

I have to agree I own both and love both. The layout for gb is really awesome. Yes it needs tweaked The code still needs work. And twd is just amazing. The code is just great.

#18 1 year ago

GBpre one of the best pins ever made. Super hard, kicks your ass, still fun. Hasn’t gotten old playing.

#19 1 year ago

Hell yeah! Some of the best machines of all time right there. Both kick ass and kick your ass. We love ours.

#20 1 year ago

TWD one of the best. I've not played GB enough to say.

#21 1 year ago

GB premium play is great. It's my go to now. I have a TWD premium on the way and can't wait to get it

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from woody76:

GB premium play is great. It's my go to now. I have a TWD premium on the way and can't wait to get it

I wish I could have gotten into TWD. I heard so much about it and I even started to watch the show in advance (and actually liked it) but the game - I just can't STAND the bash toys (middle) of the PF really felt like it was killing the flow/momentum for me.

I know I am the few but it just did nothing for me.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from PiperPinball:

Because its a modified Micheal Jackson Thriller verison

Wasn’t there a Moonwalking dead translite before?

Either way I dig it. I sorta want to copy it.

Wait, is this the 2nd MJ TWD In existence?

If so maybe I will make the 3rd!

#24 1 year ago

I think the biggest issue with GB is playing one thats dialed in perfect. Thought I had mine right then I moved across the room and releveled. Had to tweek it again and for some reason this time it plays better than the first. Its butter smooth now and Im scoring big. 2,700,000,000 is my high.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

I think the biggest issue with GB is playing one thats dialed in perfect. Though I had mine right then I moved across the room and releveled. Had to tweek it again and for some reason this time it plays better than the first. Its butter smooth now and Im scoring big. 2,700,000,000 is my high.

I think this is right - seems to be a lot of variation in games. I had GBLE for a while with the original playfield that was chipping and ghosting. Since I was waiting for Sterns replacement I played the crap out it and actually didn't mind it. As soon as I got the brand new replacement it totally changed for the worse. Tried to tweak it as much as possible, but it never really got back to the way it was. Just became frustrating and couldn't get back into it.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

TWD premium might just be the greatest pin ever made.
    GB.....not so much.

THIS!! (not spewing hate on GB, just NOT for me...) but so so so love my TWD!!

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

I think this is right - seems to be a lot of variation in games. I had GBLE for a while with the original playfield that was chipping and ghosting. Since I was waiting for Sterns replacement I played the crap out it and actually didn't mind it. As soon as I got the brand new replacement it totally changed for the worse. Tried to tweak it as much as possible, but it never really got back to the way it was. Just became frustrating and couldn't get back into it.

No doubt. Has to really be dialed in. Both of them.

Once TWD got leveled properly to avoid those pop drains is became a symphony of pure greatness.

Really looking forward to seeing what Dwight does with the final update

#28 1 year ago

Its funny to me that so many people think GB is hard. I have both of these machines and I find GB to be the far easier machine to play compared to TWD.. I feel like I suck at TWD and have over 1,000 plays easy on this machine lol.

#29 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rager170:

Its funny to me that so many people think GB is hard. I have both of these machines and I find GB to be the far easier machine to play compared to TWD.. I feel like I suck at TWD and have over 1,000 plays easy on this machine lol.

Now that I have GB dialed in it is much easier and my scores are climbing. When I first got it out of the box I wanted to put it back in the box and send it back.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Now that I have GB dialed in it is much easier and my scores are climbing. When I first got it out of the box I wanted to put it back in the box and send it back.

Hahaha, it did take me a while to get the "bugs" sorted out.

#31 1 year ago

I'm glad somebody's convinced of all this.

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I'm glad somebody's convinced of all this.

you know its your favorite, stop kidding yourself.

#33 1 year ago

I never tire of TWD which is so unusual. And GB always provides a great change of pace due to the unique layout. Both are bolted to our floor

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 149.00
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 12.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 214.99
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 430.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 25.50
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 150.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Republic Of Pinball
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 35.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 42.00
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside