Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by hassanchop
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

land_of_the_dead_poster_(resized).jpg
TWD_Comic_(resized).jpg
Screen_Shot_2016-04-07_at_9.42.19_AM_(resized).png
season-4-complete-cast-poster-the-walking-dead-the-walking-dead-35777405-2528-670_(resized).jpg
Screen_Shot_2016-04-06_at_10.42.11_AM_(resized).png
zYFQM9G5j9cRsMNMuZAX64nmUM_copy_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

New project started: a TWD alternative translite with the characters from the show, all hand drawn W/B style.
I want to put the most important characters but I need help. Which are the most important characters you guys think should be on on the translite?

This project is just for fun. I like the original translite, but wanted to see how the machine looks if it was made back in the 90's

For now, I think these are the ones that should appear, but help me out..

By order of importance:
Rick
Daryl
Carol
Michonne
Glenn
Maggie
Carl
Morgan
Abraham
Eugene
Rosita

zYFQM9G5j9cRsMNMuZAX64nmUM_copy_(resized).jpg

***One day, when I find a completely trashed routed TWD, I will make the art for the entire machine. It's crazy but It's gonna be done

#2 3 years ago

Just a quick taste of what it will look like:

Screen_Shot_2016-04-06_at_10.42.11_AM_(resized).png

#3 3 years ago

I would definitely go with an alternate like that. I think it's a cool game but the translight is pretty gross.

#4 3 years ago

If anyone thinks these characters are good you can say "I agree" :p

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

If anyone thinks these characters are good you can say "I agree" :p

I would eliminate Morgan, Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita from that list. The other seven you listed I think would be considered the "poster characters" of the show. Just my opinion.

#6 3 years ago

i think you nailed it - maybe get Lucille in there.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I would eliminate Morgan, Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita from that list. The other seven you listed I think would be considered the "poster characters" of the show. Just my opinion.

I agree with this but the best translites are where the characters are doing something. It's not just floating heads. Maybe pick one or a couple cool scenes from the show and depict them on the backglass. If you wanted to include the Governor or Shane, that wouldn't be so bad either.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from arcaderehab:

i think you nailed it - maybe get Lucille in there.

You were refering to my list or to Sparky's "I would eliminate Morgan, Abraham, Eugene, and Rosita from that list."?
Lucille? The bat?

Quoted from dmbjunky:

I agree with this but the best translites are where the characters are doing something. It's not just floating heads. Maybe pick one or a couple cool scenes from the show and depict them on the backglass. If you wanted to include the Governor or Shane, that wouldn't be so bad either.

I was going to do a group pose, each one with a weapon or something. Plus some key elements of the game: barn, cdc, prison, etc. Plus some more cool stuff, like Daryl on a bike and the RV.
The Governor... maybe. Shane...hmm... forgot that one..lol Maybe just the ones that are alive, making the "poster characters". Damn this is hard!

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Which are the most important characters you guys think should be on on the translite?

Are you just talking about the current cast, or the entire history of the show? If it's the latter, then I would think the Governor has to be one of the most important characters.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

I was going to do a group pose, each one with a weapon or something. Plus some key elements of the game: barn, cdc, prison, etc. Plus some more cool stuff, like Daryl on a bike and the RV.
The Governor... maybe. Shane...hmm... forgot that one..lol Maybe just the ones that are alive, making the "poster characters". Damn this is hard!

You were talking a group pose but that's so hard to do and not make it look natural. If you're not careful, it will look like that marketing picture from above.

If you want a good group shot with some dynamic action in it, maybe a depiction of the final scene at the prison. You can have Rick at the fence facing the Governor and his tank with Herschel on his knees. Then you can show the rest of the group further in the background holding their guns. The characters may end up being on a smaller scale with the distance in the shot but it is an iconic moment of the show.

Other similar moments would be them gathered in the train car in Terminus with Rick looking over his shoulder. Maybe the group standing in front of the barn after Shane opened the doors with the zombies coming out. That could be a good one if you had Sophie coming out with Rick ready to shoot her and Daryl holding Carol.

You could make good group shots from shots that didn't happen. Maybe have all of the characters looking at the barn on fire with zombies all around.

#11 3 years ago

I vote to show T Dog some love. I miss him!

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Agreed, and of course leave room for a big AMC logo.

#13 3 years ago

Except for Sasha, your initial list has all of the people in the group from the time when the game was produced that are still alive. Put them in front of an RV and you are set.

#14 3 years ago

The game is based on the first 4 seasons of the show in which the game was relased as soon as the 5th was about to air. So you have 4 seasons worth of material so knock your self out.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Agreed, and of course leave room for a big AMC logo.

It will have a big ass amc logo for sure
Screen_Shot_2016-04-07_at_9.42.19_AM_(resized).png

#16 3 years ago

Anyone knows the exact size of a Stern translite?

#17 3 years ago

Got to have Hershel in there! Morgan and Abraham are fun, so I would keep them. Don't forget Merle, but he does not make my list, nor does creepy Shane.

season-4-complete-cast-poster-the-walking-dead-the-walking-dead-35777405-2528-670_(resized).jpg

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You were talking a group pose but that's so hard to do and not make it look natural. If you're not careful, it will look like that marketing picture from above.
If you want a good group shot with some dynamic action in it, maybe a depiction of the final scene at the prison. You can have Rick at the fence facing the Governor and his tank with Herschel on his knees. Then you can show the rest of the group further in the background holding their guns. The characters may end up being on a smaller scale with the distance in the shot but it is an iconic moment of the show.
Other similar moments would be them gathered in the train car in Terminus with Rick looking over his shoulder. Maybe the group standing in front of the barn after Shane opened the doors with the zombies coming out. That could be a good one if you had Sophie coming out with Rick ready to shoot her and Daryl holding Carol.
You could make good group shots from shots that didn't happen. Maybe have all of the characters looking at the barn on fire with zombies all around.

What you are saying is very interesting and would make a very nice image from the show. But I think those scenes or actions are stuff that should go on the pf, where you have lots of small "holes" to put art.
In my view, the backglass should be the poster marketing of the characters along with some extra stuff. In this case it can have more or less action.
I agree with you when you say you need more dynamic action. I will follow your advice and put more action on the group pic.

#19 3 years ago

It seems the new Sterns have translites with different sizes from the previous ones where the speaker panel was different.
Can someone help me out? I need to know the exact size of the translite

#20 3 years ago

I think you should use the comic book cover style, and show Rick front and center (pointing the gun like you showed earlier, could be good), and then the other six characters I mentioned in the background in various poses of "readiness." Similar to the comic cover below, but change the characters and poses.

TWD_Comic_(resized).jpg

#21 3 years ago

No skin in the game but never liked mixing 2 diff'rent types of media for something. The show is the show and the comic book is the comic book; just like GoT. IMO anyway.

I mean I totally agree that art like that looks better than images of people standing around

EDIT: Hmmm...then again the game art doesn't really have anything to do with the show anyway does it...hmm.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No skin in the game but never liked mixing 2 diff'rent types of media for something. The show is the show and the comic book is the comic book; just like GoT. IMO anyway.
I mean I totally agree that art like that looks better than images of people standing around
EDIT: Hmmm...then again the game art doesn't really have anything to do with the show anyway does it...hmm.

The Op's art can be based on the likenesses of the characters. I used the pic as a layout example.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

show Rick front and center (pointing the gun like you showed earlier, could be good), and then the other six characters I mentioned in the background in various poses of "readiness."

You totally nailed it. That's good art direction vision
That's exactly what I'm gonna do, but I think on the translite I will not put rick pointing the gun. It takes too much area. I'm gonna put them all on alert for something, and try to show some despair on their faces. Plus some scenes from the show in the background.

Quoted from TheLaw:

then again the game art doesn't really have anything to do with the show anyway does it

The top of the pf is just dirt with more dirt and blood on top. It works anyway but nothing to do with the looks of the show.
The lower part of the pf was inspired by this poster:
land_of_the_dead_poster_(resized).jpg
Again, nothing to do with the show in terms of visuals. Too much post production and too much color lights. Ok it's the barn on fire, but they forgot the characters hahaha

#24 3 years ago

update:
Characters going on the translite:
Rick (pistol)
Daryl (bow)
Carol (knife)
Michonne (sword)
Glenn (assault rifle)
Maggie (machete)
Carl (pistol)
Morgan (too cool, I got to have him ) (stick)

Only if in the end I have room for them:
Abraham
Eugene
Rosita
Sasha
governor (maybe his mean look. maybe)

Scenes or places:
the landscape of the city that appears on the cover of season 1
barn on fire
woodbury plaque
terminus sign (sactuary for all...)
tunnel entrance, with the rail road
prison tower with some fences
Hershel's house
Governor's tank firing a big ass shell
Alexandria (fence and a tower maybe)
RV
Daryl on the bike
Walkers

***I wanna start drawing but I still need the exact size of the translite. If some soul could measure it for me.. ***

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

***I wanna start drawing but I still need the exact size of the translite. If some soul could measure it for me.. ***

After searching "the walking dead pinball translite dimensions" on google the first result was this: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/won-a-walking-dead-transliteneed-to-know-the-backglass-dimensions

#26 3 years ago

Guess it's done then. 25 13/16" x 19" it is

thnks

#27 3 years ago

Guess I got all the help I need. Thnks all for your comments.
Gonna open a topic of the wip.
Can a moderator close this topic? thnks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Colorado Springs, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cortland, NY
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside