red-ferrari-wallpaper-1920x1080-1109020.jpg
Christmas.jpg
Indiana-Jones-Stern.jpg
shadow.jpg
image-276.jpg
image-924.jpg
image-51.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

TWD is a Killer Pin , but if Yr Not Happy w/ the Current Translite U have ,, Here are a Few Alt- Translite's that U can buy and Install .. They are made Just like the Stern's , or Even Better !!

Post edited by moderator: Content and images removed. Please do not offer (links to) copyright infringing items for sale on Pinside. This is against our community rules. Topic locked.

#2 9 years ago

I agree!

Just got my alt. translite.
IMO no comparison, the alt. is the clear winner.
I was a bit skeptical before receiving it, but the print quality is fantastic.
I was going to build a LED back box pannel, however the stock flourcent bulb looks great with this translite.
Here are some before and after picts:
image-276.jpgimage-276.jpgimage-924.jpgimage-924.jpgimage-51.jpgimage-51.jpg

#3 9 years ago

These R available also from John ....

- images removed -

Post edited by moderator: Images removed: copyright infringment

#4 9 years ago

I'm Dig-n Yr Red apron Blimpy !!

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I'm Dig-n Yr Red apron Blimpy !!

Thanks, from Pinball Refinery, has three sets of LED flashers that hook to the Woodbury flasher.

#6 9 years ago

I just talk'd w/ John ,, the Translites for TWD will be Cut 2 Fit .. No Trimming Necessary !!

#7 9 years ago

how much are they ?

#8 9 years ago

I thought we went through this already. This is stolen art....the original artists have not condoned this nor are they making money from these sales.

Please respect the original artists and do not pay for these.

Thank you.

#9 9 years ago

WOW, huge difference in a positive way!! The one in the last pic would be my choice.
Does this John do any for any other games? Would like to see what he could do for Metallica.

#10 9 years ago

I have Several Pict's- of Translites he sells , I'll get More from my other PC ,,

#11 9 years ago

some More ,,,,,,,,,

#12 9 years ago

A few more ,,, more later .

#13 9 years ago

I want to see them all.

#14 9 years ago

I like the terminator one. How much do you sell These for?

#15 9 years ago

Aside from using stolen art, they're just fucking horrible. Terrible composition and Photoshop hackery.

#16 9 years ago

more!!

#17 9 years ago

I MUCH prefer large AMC logos.
; )

#18 9 years ago

needs more head shots of jeff bridges... these days...

#19 9 years ago

I want to see more too

#20 9 years ago

Same ones the guy sells on Ebay. Most are in the adult section for obvious reasons

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Same ones the guy sells on Ebay. Most are in the adult section for obvious reasons

Same guy.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

He does sell on Ebay .. Some picts above i took the Pict- from my PC screen , No a good likeness.

I Wanted to keep this a TWD Thread but

#23 9 years ago

...hmm... i'll be back in just a few...

#24 9 years ago

...ok... i'm back...

#25 9 years ago

Congo looks great.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

and Don't Pay any Attention to the Moron giving me Thumb's Down , He Sabotaged another Thread awhile back concerning John's alternate Translites

What part of copyright infringement do you not understand? He's using other people's art to make money. This is a fact...it's theft, and you're his proud pimp.

BTW, I love being called a "moron" by a guy who barely has a grasp on the English language.

#27 9 years ago

I also sell sexy alt translites. PM me for pricing.

shadow.jpgshadow.jpg
#28 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

...ok... i'm back...

Wow 22 seconds, you give a whole new meaning to minute man

#29 9 years ago

Sorry I'm with Greg, not a fan of people selling other people's art without permission. Don't care if they use the Walking Dead logo, the brand stuff is fine, but it's weak to take something someone else spent a lot of time on and take money for it.

If someone took my Helen translite and 'shopped off her halter top with big old nipples I know Neo would want to buy it, but I'd be pretty pissed off.

That Elvira one is just awful and an insult to Greg Freres.

I try and be a positive guy when it comes to art, I don't want to crap on people making mods, and everyone has their own taste. I hold my tongue a lot. But when you're just stealing people's shit it's wrong and should be called out. Just how I feel.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

...hmm... i'll be back in just a few...

Quoted from labnip:

...ok... i'm back...

hehehe

#31 9 years ago

Wait a minute I contacted the website in Europe and they informed me that John was there US correspondent and to deal with him so where is this coming from that the art is stolen, or that the original designer is being ripped off.?

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Wow 22 seconds, you give a whole new meaning to minute man

was afraid i'd miss some new drama on TBL, Nucore, or a VE thread...
dude has priorities

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wait a minute I contacted the website in Europe and they informed me that John was there US correspondent and to deal with him so where is this coming from that the art is stolen, or that the original designer is being ripped off.?

Here's an example. Artist David O'Keefe painted this Caddyshack painting. BR's translite friend uses this image with the No Good Gofers logo on it. Do you think David O'Keefe has authorized this or collects royalties for his work?

http://www.davidokeefe.com/Bushwood___Tribute_to_Caddyshack-details.aspx

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Here's an example. Artist David O'Keefe painted this Caddyshack painting. BR's translite friend uses this image with the No Good Gofers logo on it. Do you think David O'Keefe has authorized this or collects royalties for his work?
http://www.davidokeefe.com/Bushwood___Tribute_to_Caddyshack-details.aspx

hey, it's cindy, the original Tron hot chick

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

so where is this coming from that the art is stolen, or that the original designer is being ripped off.?

We've been through this before, I've specifically linked up the places this guy is taking art from, total rip off. Some of it just obvious, like the Congo one is just a rehash of the movie poster, and some of it takes a little more digging, like where he jacked that photo of the Ferrari.

The half naked models might be legit, probably bought a CD-ROM 10 years ago of lingerie models or something, I dunno. I don't really care so much about that stuff unless it can be shown they're stolen too. The other ones are just obvious and easy to spot.

#36 9 years ago

Ok, not a big deal to me. If someone is willing to take the time to get the art on a translite for a few dozen people to have what they like on a pinball in their house its not going to deprive their children of food and water. take it easy

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I didn't know that, I assumed Gameroom-parts.NL designed these translites and John was a US distributor. I've bought one for IJ4, STTNG, DM and few others.

You just found out you bought stolen goods. Do you feel dirty?

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

You just found out you bought stolen goods. Do you feel dirty?

No, I don't consider it stolen goods. I better leave it at that.

#39 9 years ago

God those are ugly B_R and as said before ripping off artists is really poor taste.

#40 9 years ago

Might be right, might be wrong. I just wish there were alternate translites available from the manufacturer for some games. I'd love a different one for my IJ, always thought it looked too "busy".

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sorry I'm with Greg, not a fan of people selling other people's art without permission. Don't care if they use the Walking Dead logo, the brand stuff is fine, but it's weak to take something someone else spent a lot of time on and take money for it.
If someone took my Helen translite and 'shopped off her halter top with big old nipples I know Neo would want to buy it, but I'd be pretty pissed off.
That Elvira one is just awful and an insult to Greg Freres.
I try and be a positive guy when it comes to art, I don't want to crap on people making mods, and everyone has their own taste. I hold my tongue a lot. But when you're just stealing people's shit it's wrong and should be called out. Just how I feel.

Should they all be original works or is it acceptable to simply apply a few filters, effects, etc?

#42 9 years ago

If I owned this game I would definitely buy the prison scene translite. Looks awesome!

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

Might be right, might be wrong. I just wish there were alternate translites available from the manufacturer for some games. I'd love a different one for my IJ, always thought it looked too "busy".

Indiana-Jones-Stern.jpgIndiana-Jones-Stern.jpg
#44 9 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

God those are ugly B_R and as said before ripping off artists is really poor taste.

Which 1's R ugly ? Maybe a Lil Crude but Alot of PinHeads don't have Bad eYe's like U and 2 other's

I Should've kept this Thread about TWD !! I had a feel-n this would happen ..

This Thread's a FLAMING !!!!!!!! John just told me he has 14 order's to fill since i Posted this Thread .

#45 9 years ago

The originals are way uglier than most of these, come on man. STTNG and DM are horrid, these really helped to complete the look of a lot of my pins.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Should they all be original works or is it acceptable to simply apply a few filters, effects, etc?

I mean, I guess there's a grey area for it all. It's like sampling music. It's interesting when you pull a little bit out of one part, and combine it with a bass bit from something else, program a new drum loop, and hey, you have something that's new built out of old pieces.

But you have to transform it.

If you just loop the bridge with the drums under it and call it a day you didn't make anything new, you just looped someone else's sound.

Just tell me, does this look familiar?

red-ferrari-wallpaper-1920x1080-1109020.jpgred-ferrari-wallpaper-1920x1080-1109020.jpg

Or how about this one?

seksy-bilard-jpg.jpegseksy-bilard-jpg.jpeg

That's a model named Wendy Fiore. I wonder if she knows people are selling her likeness for translites?

#47 9 years ago

Aurich ,, Hey dude U have made a Point ,, Move On , go 2 bed , Play some Dam Pinball ...............

#48 9 years ago

were y'all talking about anything ?
...be right back.... again...

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Aurich ,, Hey dude U have made a Point ,, Move On , go 2 bed , Play some Dam Pinball ...............

Hey man, so it's your friend doing it, sorry, but it's not right. Tell him I think it's shitty. And it's weak that he's pedaling his crap through you.

I haven't said a word about what I think of that actual looks of his translites, I'll let people make up their own minds about what they want to put on their games, they don't need my permission or opinion. I'm not going to email Wendy and ask if she sold her image to the guy.

But every time I see these I get irritated. And it's not because they compete with my translites or anything like that, I couldn't care less. I just find it offensive that he's selling other people's work without their permission.

Draw your own zombies and put the Walking Dead logo on it, I don't care about that. But make it your own drawing.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Draw your own zombies and put the Walking Dead logo on it, I don't care about that. But make it your own drawing.

Why , When the Best Alt- TWD Tran's on the Market R @ the Top of the Thread .. Not my Work , but I like em !!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Traverse City, MI
$ 26.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gladwyne, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gilbertsville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.