Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-523.jpg
image.jpg
image-934.jpg
image.jpg
image-419.jpg
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

As far as a home pin being a hit, we have had easily a 50-1 ratio of pin people and non pin people drawn to our TWD since we got it. Hell, we can't stop playing it!!!

Never ever thought I would see a pin my wife liked better that our TZ, but here it is.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

As far as a home pin being a hit, we have had easily a 50-1 ratio of pin people and non pin people drawn to our TWD since we got it. Hell, we can't stop playing it!!!
Never ever thought I would see a pin my wife liked better that our TZ, but here it is.

Nope, you're all wrong, no one likes it, they just play it because it's new.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Nope, you're all wrong, no one likes it, they just play it because it's new.

50 people COULD be wrong....or....

The alternative.

TWD is cool as far as my family is concerned.

They are the biggest critics. Scared Stiff? Nope. Mystery Castle? Ok, but nope. Lotr LE? Yes, fun, but meh. ( I loved it though!)... Tron LE? missed...by all. Plethora of other titles. But current lineup is successful so far.

#54 9 years ago

It can be fun and interesting to talk about what our family likes, but in the end, it just doesn't matter that much unless they are pinheads who play a lot too.

Sadly my wife and kids don't play much. If they did, I would still own PoTC as that was their favorite.

#55 9 years ago

Sold my TWDLE yesterday. Had a lot of fun when they buyer came by and we played two player. Brought restored shadow in from the shop. Had even more fun playing that. I had a couple friends over and they all grouped around the shadow. So it's official shadow is now a better game than the walking dead.

#56 9 years ago

We played the card game UNO and it was a huge hit and saved around ~$4500.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

We played the card game UNO and it was a huge hit and saved around ~$4500.

Maybe these guys with twd need to put the shadow and uno in the Gameroom next to twd and compare.

#58 9 years ago

Shadow is a fine game. So is UNO

#59 9 years ago

At the Houston arcade expo, TWD got way more play than MM. That was the first time I saw a MM that was played so little. I liked TWD. It is probably overrated some because of its theme just like how some games like WPT, Shadow, Baywatch, and JM are penalized by their theme. But, yeah I thought it was a goo game that I would put on par with JM, DM, or JD.

#60 9 years ago

I have a TWD on location and it's doing very well... I like it, it's ok, but as long as it keeps earning money I love it!!!

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Maybe these guys with twd need to put The Shadow and uno in the Gameroom next to twd and compare.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#62 9 years ago

Goddammit. Well, that's it. Markmon made it official.

PACK THIS THREAD UP! WE'RE DONE BOYS!

image-523.jpgimage-523.jpg

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It can be fun and interesting to talk about what our family likes, but in the end, it just doesn't matter that much unless they are pinheads who play a lot too.
Sadly my wife and kids don't play much. If they did, I would still own PoTC as that was their favorite.

Do what I did. Bribe them!

Setup a tournament with money prize for high score. Week long. They will play the crap out em!

#64 9 years ago

Haha I'm just giving you guys a hard time. The game is pretty fun. If I played the games I played when the game was being picked up before the buyer came, I might have kept it. That was probably the only time left playing the game not frustrated. Honestly though, the game didn't attract any crowd while here. But it wasn't a downer either. Just another game. Quartergrabber: you have a nice collection. I can't imagine the game stands out much at your place either.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Quartergrabber: you have a nice collection. I can't imagine the game stands out much at your place either.

My collection isn't half as nice as yours. Yeah you're right though, for some reason people flock to my modded out Tron and Iniana Jones first. Then to Family Guy and Beleive it or not Grand Lizard second but Tron seems to be the most played when people come over. Maybe because it is easy to understand?

#66 9 years ago

I'd say TRON is because it spans a lot of time from the movie of our youth to the latest. And it looks cool, that's probably the biggest draw, that something is visually appealing.

#67 9 years ago

I only have 2 machines
Twdle and st pro

St pro gets more plays. Ppl try both but like the flow of st over twd and they stay on st

I can play either one because they are so contrasting games

#68 9 years ago

I'd say TRON is because it spans a lot of time from the movie of our youth to the latest. And it looks cool, that's probably the biggest draw, that something is visually appealing.

Walking dead is seriously visually appealing.....Very...

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Det_Deckard:

At the Houston arcade expo, TWD got way more play than MM. That was the first time I saw a MM that was played so little. I liked TWD. It is probably overrated some because of its theme just like how some games like WPT, Shadow, Baywatch, and JM are penalized by their theme. But, yeah I thought it was a goo game that I would put on par with JM, DM, or JD.

I was there and noticed the same. People seemed more attracted to the new games and modern themes. You can't deny that TWD is a popular show. I have never seen it or into horror stuff so that is probably why I was not too impressed with the pin.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Walking Dead is seriously visually appealing.....Very...

Probably not as a highly modes Tron imo.

#71 9 years ago

Probably not as a highly modes Tron imo.

Yeah I would have to agree with this ^^^^^^^ . Tron LE or Tron pro with Eli's kit is way more VISUALLY appealing then TWD, IMO.

#72 9 years ago

STLE was the best game ever, ever, ever - for one week. My kids played it like no other game and then they stopped playing it and that was it!

Seriously the most popular games with kids, non pinheads in my house has been AFM and IM. AFM was the only game my wife ever liked, should get another really

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from DutchTommy:

about the topper.. i tried to order one topper, but the Stern Topper doesnt go internationally according to the stern shop website? what the hell Stern!!
dont advertise these toppers if u wanna sell those for US TWD owners only.. it doesnt make sense to me.. they wanna ship their game in every corner of the earth but not their toppers? thats not right.. i cant believe it.

That's definitely not the case. I (and couple of other Germans) did order the Topper from STERN homepage, paid via CreditCard and gor the order confirmation with tracking_id from STERN. It's on the way (announced for today) but some of my colleagues have gotten it before x-mas.
So hurry up and order as long as they are available.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I'm having a New Years eve party & this year I'm going to try to write down the plays on each machine before & after to see which one gets the most love...Although there is 1 kid who might be here & he has Iron Man tunnel vision. He doesn't even look at anything else and just keeps puting up 4 player games one after the other & plays them all...lol
I'll try to report back if WD leads the way...Might have to grade on a curve if the IM kid is here though..

I screwed up the audits on IM,SS & SM, but TWD was a clear winner out of the rest

TWD-93
BF-50
XM-30
AVLE- 39
BR-37
JD-14 (No JD didn't break, it was in a different part of the room with machines I'm working on. Plus I think non pinball people don't like when they launch the ball & they miss it totally a few times in a row..)

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I screwed up the audits on IM,SS & SM, but TWD was a clear winner out of the rest
TWD-93
BF-50
XM-30
AVLE- 39
BR-37
JD-14 (No JD didn't break, it was in a different part of the room with machines I'm working on. Plus I think non pinball people don't like when they launch the ball & they miss it totally a few times in a row..)

Of course. IM and SM would have likely been the winners but those were "conveniently" messed up.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Of course. IM and SM would have likely been the winners but those were "conveniently" messed up.

From looking at the room throughout the night, I would have bet SS would have beat IM & SM... I'll have to try again next year..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 8.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-a-huge-hit-at-the-party/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.