Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-523.jpg
image.jpg
image-934.jpg
image.jpg
image-419.jpg
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Wow, I do about 3 big family parties a year and Xmas is a big one. In the past grown up played some and kids almost none. Usually the all go the pool table.
TWD changed that. Lines and everyone around the game all night. Then while waiting folks started playing the others. But they kept coming back.
Total hit! I guess its the current theme combined with a layout folks easily understand.
Most shot the prison and loved clearing the yard.
This game will do well in the wild.

#2 9 years ago

I have to agree. I really enjoyed playing the few Pros I've gotten to play. Can't wait to try a Premium or LE. I could see one of these getting mobbed in a bar, movie theater or bowling alley. A friend of mine has a Pro on location in NC and it is averaging over $250 a week.

#3 9 years ago

Did your walking dead show fan friends notice or care none of the characters were represented with voice work or do they not notice that type of thing?

#4 9 years ago

Not surprised casual pinball fans like the game, but also curious if they gravitated to the game because they were fans of the show, and if so, if they noticed the lack of show characterization with the voice work.

#5 9 years ago

I've got a TWD on location and its doing great. Definitely getting some new people to play pinball on the theme alone.

#6 9 years ago

No one cared . All fans of the show. I learned I take details more seriously than most do.

#7 9 years ago

No one cares, well, other than overly obsessive pinheads.

#8 9 years ago

Yea, I'd like to know if they were fanboys or if the theme just brought em in... Either way great to hear!

#9 9 years ago

image-419.jpgimage-419.jpg

When was the last time you saw kids of all ages jumping to play? TWDLE has been nonstop for three days now! $185 worth of .50 plays in a week! Wow !

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

When was the last time you saw kids of all ages jumping to play? TWDLE has been nonstop for three days now! $185 worth of .50 plays in a week! Wow !

image-419.jpg 171 KB

I seriously hope you don't charge your family to play??

#11 9 years ago

Free play. But still tracks audits.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

image-419.jpg 171 KB

Is that the Stern topper? If so it looks a bit underwhelming.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

image-419.jpg 171 KB

Well, if a picture is worth a thousand words...

Adorable, by the way.

#14 9 years ago

TWD LE is fantastic.... Non pin heads don't care about voice over's in a pinball game. Its all theme.

#15 9 years ago

I've always thought TWD was a crowd pleaser, it's just fun...

#16 9 years ago

It doesn't matter what the theme is. There's always post like this. How the new pin is somehow uniquely attractive to everyone and how everyone crowds that game and it brings non pinheads all around it. I have had several get togethers and haven't experienced this at all - on any theme including my walking dead. I think it was just a fluke.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

It doesn't matter what the theme is. There's always post like this. How the new pin is somehow uniquely attractive to everyone and how everyone crowds that game and it brings non pinheads all around it. I have had several get togethers and haven't experienced this at all - on any theme including my Walking Dead. I think it was just a fluke.

Maybe you need more friends? Higher numbers yield better results

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I think it was just a fluke.

I see what your saying but this is way different, I'm getting the same response and I've had many machines, all the top picks plus just about every Stern, all the LE's except Tron and this has had the biggest impact. The reason? its Zombies. Superheros, cartoons, wizards and magic, action films etc while great and have produced some amazing pins just can't compare, If Stern had cut out TWD license and used an original theme, called it Living Dead or The Undead whatever it still would garner the accolades, the gameplay is amazing and sounds, music, SFX are all cool and creepy, it really does create a unique atmosphere that hasn't happened in pinball to date in my opinion.

#19 9 years ago

Played TWD at headquarters river north in Chicago couple weeks back, never a line, no crowding. Harder to get on acdc and TZ.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I see what your saying but this is way different, I'm getting the same response and I've had many machines, all the top picks plus just about every Stern, all the LE's except Tron and this has had the biggest impact. The reason? its Zombies. Superheros, cartoons, wizards and magic, action films etc while great and have produced some amazing pins just can't compare, If Stern had cut out TWD license and used an original theme, called it Living Dead or The Undead whatever it still would garner the accolades, the gameplay is amazing and sounds, music, SFX are all cool and creepy, it really does create a unique atmosphere that hasn't happened in pinball to date in my opinion.

I agree, I like the design, it's different than the most recent layouts.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

..... it really does create a unique atmosphere that hasn't happened in pinball to date in my opinion.

You have owned an ST:TNG, i see in your history, correct?

So "hasn't happened in pinball to date..." must be because it's the new kid on the block?

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Is that the Stern topper? If so it looks a bit underwhelming.

Topper Looks the same as on the Stern website.

Game has garnered a lot more interest due to theme than anything else. I don't think my 3 and 4 yo nieces care about rules yet.

The youngest saw the topper as she walked into the room and laughed with glee! Excited was an understatement.

I have a unique family.

#23 9 years ago

Man, why can't people just let people have fun and like a machine
. Jeez.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Man, why can't people just let people have fun and like a machine
. Jeez.

Some don't like theme, some don't like expense, (hoping to break it down in price later?) some just want to watch the world burn I guess.

This pin is fun as hell. Market will show its success or failure soon.

It's integrated for a HUO environment. With low volume, lots of other pin noises and not tweaked or set up well in a public location may have entirely different feeling.

#25 9 years ago

No one cares, well, other than overly obsessive pinheads.

Thank you. This has to be a Post of the Year finalist.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Topper Looks the same as on the Stern website.
Game has garnered a lot more interest due to theme than anything else. I don't think my 3 and 4 yo nieces care about rules yet.
The youngest saw the topper as she walked into the room and laughed with glee! Excited was an understatement.
I have a unique family.

about the topper.. i tried to order one topper, but the Stern Topper doesnt go internationally according to the stern shop website? what the hell Stern!!

dont advertise these toppers if u wanna sell those for US TWD owners only.. it doesnt make sense to me.. they wanna ship their game in every corner of the earth but not their toppers? thats not right.. i cant believe it.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I have TWDLE and have had parties 50+ people and have a lot of games. Twd gets no more attention that anything else. Same was true in all the threads about ACDC and how everyone just loves it singing while playing and with WoZ threads saying the same thing. There's nothing unique here about this game. It's not gonna rejuvenate pinball or skyrocket on location sales.

#28 9 years ago

Few of my guests ever play ACDC. Which is the hottest game since Spider-Man. It's either IM or, mostly, GnR. I'm having a bigger gathering this weekend. Maybe I'll check the audits. No TWDLE in the house though.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

There's nothing unique here about this game.

You under estimate the powerful alluring theme of "The Walking Dead." That is one of the biggest factors besides the machine being pure fun to play.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

You under estimate the powerful alluring theme of "The Walking Dead." That is one of the biggest factors besides the machine being pure fun to play.

As I have said at least twice now, there is no estimation involved here. I also have twd in the house and have had several get togethers.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I have TWDLE and have had parties 50+ people and have a lot of games. Twd gets no more attention that anything else. Same was true in all the threads about ACDC and how everyone just loves it singing while playing and with WoZ threads saying the same thing. There's nothing unique here about this game. It's not gonna rejuvenate pinball or skyrocket on location sales.

Listen no disrespect but in my circle of friends and associates WOZ and AC/DC are not exactly themes to illuminate the human condition. I will be the first to say that it depends on demographic for sure, I don't know you so I won't speculate but I doubt our worlds are even remotely close in terms what would create excitement and that's cool, but for me and I stress for me as that's all that really matters in terms of likes and dislikes with games, films, music etc. TWDLE is a hit.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Listen no disrespect but in my circle of friends and associates WOZ and AC/DC are not exactly themes to illuminate the human condition. I will be the first to say that it depends on demographic for sure, I don't know you so I won't speculate but I doubt our worlds are even remotely close in terms what would create excitement and that's cool, but for me and I stress for me as that's all that really matters in terms of likes and dislikes with games, films, music etc. TWDLE is a hit.

Yea I am not disagreeing with any of that in this thread. Instead, I am saying that twd isn't going to attract a crowd in some unique manner in a Gameroom full of pins.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

You have owned an ST:TNG, i see in your history, correct?
So "hasn't happened in pinball to date..." must be because it's the new kid on the block?

What? I have owned STTNG twice and I'm a trekkie although the OG series and films are my real passion, the fact that you are comparing these two means you don't have a clue as to what a theme like this means to some of us pinsiders, Underlord understands for sure and select others, Its just a matter of taste, I don't even watch TWD but Zombies and killing Zombies and dark/evil just appeals to me more, look at the TBL love that film but I don't want the pin. Anyway I don't mean to be a prick at all, just saying don't try to understand, if you did then you would know already the importance of this title.

#34 9 years ago

Hazoff has it right. Not a theme for everyone.

I always gravitate to horror things. They're cool.

Based on sales, we aren't the minority.

Besides, if the pin sucked, even I couldn't ( or wouldn't) try to just push a crapfest on others just to fit in. I've never been that type. Bought a title I wanted, gameplay is awesome= I got lucky. Coulda been much, much worse.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Hazoff has it right. Not a theme for everyone.
I always gravitate to horror things. They're cool.
Based on sales, we aren't the minority.
Besides, if the pin sucked, even I couldn't ( or wouldn't) try to just push a crapfest on others just to fit in. I've never been that type. Bought a title I wanted, gameplay is awesome= I got lucky. Coulda been much, much worse.

Thank you, over and beyond theme the bottom line is if the pin was shit I would not praise it on that basis alone. If Stern made a Slayer pin that was crap then I wouldn't buy it, well that's a lie. How could a Slayer pin be crap? Anyway I have friends who don't like all the stuff I do and that is what makes everything great, I wouldn't want everybody to love TWD what a boring situation that would be. Its hard to explain the excitement that I feel for the topper I'm picking up on Monday, those three fantastically detailed Zombie heads in a fish tank, means a lot and yes that is strange but I love it, life must be so boring when you not a little bit insane.

#36 9 years ago

Maybe not the right thread but since I have only played TWD Pro is there much game play diff/fun factor between the Pro & LE?

#37 9 years ago

I'm having a New Years eve party & this year I'm going to try to write down the plays on each machine before & after to see which one gets the most love...Although there is 1 kid who might be here & he has Iron Man tunnel vision. He doesn't even look at anything else and just keeps puting up 4 player games one after the other & plays them all...lol
I'll try to report back if WD leads the way...Might have to grade on a curve if the IM kid is here though..

#38 9 years ago

Cant wait till me and Katie can check it out

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I am saying that twd isn't going to attract a crowd in some unique manner in a Gameroom full of pins.

Maybe that is the difference. The people stating that their guests were crowding around TWD all have 5 pins or less. Maybe in a 5 pin collection with less choice people would gravitate to the newest machine but in a 30+ pin collection there is so much choice that guests just want to try everything, giving them less time to gravitate to one particular machine.

#40 9 years ago

I suppose to add to this. I've been to markmons 4 times since he has had twdle and I've played two games on it. That was in one visit and I haven't played it on any other visit.

#41 9 years ago

Perhaps markmom is leading you away from.it, since he obviously doesn't like it.

#42 9 years ago

Maybe markmon but I am the first to admit that they usually ignore even my favorites like acdc. At my home itsbthe first time I saw a game draw them in. Maybe a fluke but it happened .

#43 9 years ago

Perhaps markmom is leading you away from.it, since he obviously doesn't like it.

Nah I walk in and play whatever I desire. He actually suggested I play it since it was new in there lol

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I'm having a New Years eve party & this year I'm going to try to write down the plays on each machine before & after to see which one gets the most love...Although there is 1 kid who might be here & he has Iron Man tunnel vision. He doesn't even look at anything else and just keeps puting up 4 player games one after the other & plays them all...lol
I'll try to report back if WD leads the way...Might have to grade on a curve if the IM kid is here though..

Sounds like you need one of these signs in your gameroom
image.jpgimage.jpg

#45 9 years ago

I don't know what the audits are at Eric's in Breckenridge, but every time i go by there I have to play ST while waiting to get on TWD.

It's just a great addictive game, with superb sound, sound effects, callouts, lighting, mood etc.

Immersive. Love it!

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Maybe markmon but I am the first to admit that they usually ignore even my favorites like acdc. At my home itsbthe first time I saw a game draw them in. Maybe a fluke but it happened .

Shudda kept TSPP... they'd have played even more pinball

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sounds like you need one of these signs in your gameroom

image.jpg 193 KB

I do need those, but wall space is at a premium these days.. Had to take stuff down as I added pins..

#48 9 years ago

This was our family picture in a frame on our wall:

image-934.jpgimage-934.jpg

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

This was our family picture in a frame on our wall:

image-934.jpg 238 KB

That's so great.

#50 9 years ago

I think there is a lot of merit to this thread. People are drawn to what they are interested in, fact. Non pinheads couldn't give a shit less about code, flow, etc., they want eye candy and a theme they want to explore about their interests. I would bet a big wad of $$$$ that TWD does well on location because it is TWD, not for any pinball reasons that us on here might want to play a game.

Edit: By, "do well on location", I mean as well as pins CAN on location, nobody is going to get rich on location pins.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-a-huge-hit-at-the-party and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.