• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 8 years ago

Yes please send us a link when it's done, i asked a few posts earlier if someone can link their successful one. It might be that in transit it might have corrupted somehow.

#52 8 years ago

I have no issues, again all dip switches before and after the update should be off in USA/Canada only (no idea on outside USA options) during the USB update should #8 be to the left on.

I'm not having any issues and starting CDC mode is fine here. If it was software then everyone would have a problem.

I suggest people with issues delete your download on computer and start fresh. Use a known good USB that's approved on the list. Now confirmed it's a hardware CPU issue as I've borrowed my USB to another to use and it won't load on his game.

Again, no issues here, no noises, no random resets, no problem in CDC mode etc.....

image.jpgimage.jpg

#53 8 years ago

I always verify image before installing. Update went well, no reboots thus far.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from zaliaa:

I'm one of those people that replied to Gomez on facebook, holding left flipper button doesn't do anything. Im from Australia so i do have dip switches turned for Australian configuration but there's people from the US that are having the same issues. I am very confident it's not a usb issue since if it was, it wouldn't update back to 1.19 successfully. It's clearly something to do with the 1.24 file itself, It finishes installing with everything smoothly and then hangs after rebooting, then using same usb stick, put on 1.19 file, follow same procedure, installs fine and boots into it, lights come on, good to kill some zombies haha.

This is definitely not the case i've downloaded it numerous times now and made sure it was LE code

Try downloading the file on another computer. I once had a problem where sometimes I would download a file and it would end up corrupt for some strange reason. Eventually I determined I had a bad memory module in my computer. That's probably not your problem, but trying another computer won't hurt.

Rob

#55 8 years ago

Love the new update !!!
Frigging rocks !

image.jpgimage.jpg
#56 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I always verify image before installing.

Me too, and I believe everyone should always do this.

#57 8 years ago

I agree that if it were a code problem everyone would be experiencing it, however there are way too many with difficulties for there not to be some sort of problem. How many different pins have had multiple updates with zero problems announced? Let alone a Facebook response from Stern...

We have a PRO machine. I did the update yesterday, since many were having problems I made sure to have the old version, 1.19, on the drive. The machine said no updates were on the drive. I've done many updates with this drive, with many different update versions for several pins, with no problem. Deleted all but the 1.24 and the machine took the update. It seems odd for this to be the case. I like to backup the existing software for issues just like this. So if I were to backup software it would now not let me load the new version. Guess we need to have a laptop with us on location now.

Just weird...

#58 8 years ago

Got the code from ezelmann. This one works in his machine fine. Here I have also no luck.
Took of the boot chip
Took of the battery
Update with 1.19. This code works fine. Here I do a factory reset
Try 1.24 again. All what I got was 3 days for trashcan.

Waiting now for a solution from stern

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

Got the code from ezelmann. This one works in his machine fine. Here I have also no luck.
Took of the boot chip
Took of the battery
Update with 1.19. This code works fine. Here I do a factory reset
Try 1.24 again. All what I got was 3 days for trashcan.
Waiting now for a solution from stern

So something funky is clearly going on where the code plays nice with some machines and not others. Hopefully, they can get this all sorted out soon.

#60 8 years ago

Installed on Marvin's TWD LE yesterday. Seemed fine when I played a test game. Got a report last night that it was resetting. Now shut off. Will have to revert to old code until straightened out I guess.

#61 8 years ago

Stupid problem I had with twd pro new software:
Start button didn't work anymore after playing some games.
Also didn't work in switch test.
Turned machine of and on... problem stayed.
So I changed it with start button from my mustang... problem stayed.
Reïnstalled software... problem stayed.
turned off and on again couple of times... problem stayed.
Pulled power cable out for 1 minute -> problem solved.
So is this a software issue or anyone had this before?
I only had the problem once.

#62 8 years ago

Was able to install on my pro without any issues.
Played about a dozen games - worked fine.

#63 8 years ago

I had the new software on my Pro and it played fine all day Sunday for a big party (was on for about 10 hrs and got 100+ plays).... no resets and no issues. My guess is some machines have a slightly different version of either software burned into their board chips, or a revision of a board that is having issues with the latest software. Board manufacturer could have changed something slightly that is causing the issue

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hit both flippers when the zombies head gets blown off after you open the prison doors. It makes the magnet pulse. This has not been an issue since the first week or so that the game has been out.

So we never get to watch the animation? Not sure why it works sometimes & just drops the ball other times?

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

So we never get to watch the animation? Not sure why it works sometimes & just drops the ball other times?

no. I watch the animation until it gets to the part when the zombie gets its head shot off. then hit both buttons and the magnet should pulse. The couple I have played, I have played a combined hundreds of times, and the magnet pulses every single time I do this trick.

#66 8 years ago

My Premium update went perfectly. Zero resets with tons of play over the Memorial Day weekend.

#67 8 years ago

Has anyone compared manufacture dates of the machines with and without these issues? I am going to put the new code on my premium tonight and I will post the outcome as well as the manufacture date.

#68 8 years ago

I have a PRO and have played a bunch of games now since the first day the update came out. No issues at all during installation and gameplay.
Today I got to HORDE and was having a friggin' great game. Pinball machine didn't seem to like that and it just made a reset during play. Shut off for not even a second and went into attract mode. Game over.
This happened on a PRO.

#69 8 years ago

Any activity on Facebook with Stern trying to remedy this issue. Any body called Stern tech support?

#70 8 years ago

I called stern today after they posted a new message on Facebook (call hotline for support). They are working on the issue. For now we should use the version 1.19. The guy could not tell how long it takes.
Just wait a little more.

#71 8 years ago

Le #547 updated to new code and it resets in attract mode when it gets to BARN CHAMP.
Same problem with our other LE...
Boot rom version 1.0 on both games.
I wonder if it has something to do with free play / coin play???

#72 8 years ago

The Walking Dead LE on route here hasn't ever been able to be updated yet. Multiple people have tried with multiple flash drives. The op who normally updates has done updates dozens of times so there isn't a user error. We are working with Stern to help identify a fix, but until then, it's Pro only on route here.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

Has anyone compared manufacture dates of the machines with and without these issues? I am going to put the new code on my premium tonight and I will post the outcome as well as the manufacture date.

This is a likely possibility - the new update may be having issues with some hardware in a specific batch of machines. Its the kind of thing that can easily get by QA testing in house was well.

#74 8 years ago

Thanks Les, same situation here, its not like we don't know how to load code LOL.

If there is something we can do to help, please let us know as we have multiple LEs out there, but all with the same boot ROM...

#75 8 years ago

I have my LE on free play and it has worked perfect since the update, no problems.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I have my LE on free play and it has worked perfect since the update, no problems.

LE also, Free play, works

#77 8 years ago

Can someone who has it on free play install factory option$ and see what happens? I'm not near either of our games...

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

Can someone who has it on free play install factory option$ and see what happens? I'm not near either of our games...

Mine works without problem when I switch from Free Play to Pay for Play (factory).

I didn't put a coin through it, but I did manually add credits.

10-15 games without a problem on My TWD LE.

Marcus

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from Rom:

I have a PRO and have played a bunch of games now since the first day the update came out. No issues at all during installation and gameplay.
Today I got to HORDE and was having a friggin' great game. Pinball machine didn't seem to like that and it just made a reset during play. Shut off for not even a second and went into attract mode. Game over.
This happened on a PRO.

Sounds to me the same thing happens on ACDC when you have a lot going on at once and runs out of memory. Did they ever solve that problem?

#80 8 years ago

LE #331, Code update worked like it should and have had no issues since code update. I have it set to USA pricing #1, I use tokens in my game room and this setting gives one credit per token. So not on free play but not real world amount of coins going in either. FWIW

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The Walking Dead LE on route here hasn't ever been able to be updated yet. Multiple people have tried with multiple flash drives. The op who normally updates has done updates dozens of times so there isn't a user error. We are working with Stern to help identify a fix, but until then, it's Pro only on route here.

When (if?) Stern figures this out please let us know, it sounds like there are a lot of us with LEs and Premiums who are in the same boat. I didn't bother leaving a message on Stern's voicemail, seems like it will be easier to just wait until someone posts the solution.

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from msadan:

When (if?) Stern figures this out please let us know, it sounds like there are a lot of us with LEs and Premiums who are in the same boat. I didn't bother leaving a message on Stern's voicemail, seems like it will be easier to just wait until someone posts the solution.

Stern is working hard at it, they have a board that is not taking the update they are testing.
Digging deeper in a possible hardware issue conflicting with the code.
They will figure it out, be patient. Code update works in some but not other CPUs.
I'm thinking a component on the board may have a different value or manufacture that's conflicting.
They have the resources and should have a resolution soon.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from msadan:

If we find out anything before someone else posts a solution, I will definitely let the group know.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

If we find out anything before someone else posts a solution, I will definitely let the group know.

Yes please do, i think the anticipation of new code is slowly killing us all haha.

#85 8 years ago

Here is the file I used to update my TWD LE. My game has not had any issues with the update.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytt0ama9vhikytb/TWDLE-124.zip?dl=0

#86 8 years ago

Here is the file I used to update the TWD Pro at Nickelrama Arcade in Garland, TX. The game played all night in the Tuesday Tournament without any issues.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j5uxk90dq5gaqa7/TWDPRO124.zip?dl=0

#87 8 years ago

LE Here - No problems with update at all. Manufacture date of my game is November 7, 2014.
Only date I see on boards is 4/9/2013.

#88 8 years ago

LE#222 here just updated on location two times, always bong bong . Returned to 1.19 . Waiting for a solution.

#89 8 years ago

I'm having the same "Toc Toc" noise and no reboot problem after trying to update my LE. (LE #101)
I am also in Australia like zaliaa. I've tried different USb sticks, reformatting them, and verified the update but no luck.
The DIP settings have switches 1,3 and 4 all on, everything else off, except when I turn 8 on to try and update.
Could it be something to do with the Australian delivery having these other DIP switches on?

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from Samir:

I'm having the same "Toc Toc" noise and no reboot problem after trying to update my LE. (LE #101)
I am also in Australia like zaliaa. I've tried different USb sticks, reformatting them, and verified the update but no luck.
The DIP settings have switches 1,3 and 4 all on, everything else off, except when I turn 8 on to try and update.
Could it be something to do with the Australian delivery having these other DIP switches on?

I personally don't think so as there have been others in Australia that have updated fine, and there have been reports from peeps in the US that have failed. As it was mentioned in the other thread, it's very likely its a hardware conflict somewhere. I am 100% positive its not a usb issue and also as mentioned, same stick, same 1.24 file that has been successful on a certain machine, has been shared between pinsiders and their friends/colleagues, and does not go through on the 2nd machines.

Frustrating as hell, reverted to 1.19 and got to horde 2 games in a row last night, only to hear music but nothing else

#91 8 years ago

LE#299 France. Same problem for me. I tried to install 1.24 many times with different flash drives. No way... Toc toc mode... Returned to 1.19... I'm very sad and I hope Stern will find a solution...

#92 8 years ago

So those of you whos update is failing, it wont load at all? I was able to load the code and play, but the game would reset in attract mode (when BARN CHAMP was displayed) Both LEs I have access to displayed this EXACT same behavior.

#93 8 years ago

Not at all Sarge, it would finish the update all ok, take usb out, flip dip switch 8 to off, press reboot, and bam "toc toc" dmd blank stuck in loop. Holding left trigger while turning on like Gomez suggested doesn't do anything.

#94 8 years ago

No, mine is exactly the same as zaliaa's.
I sent an email to Stern and they sent me the previous version code V1.19, which reinstalled fine.
They seem to think it is some sort of conflict between the software and some of the CPU's and said the programmers were consulting with the CPU manufacturer to resolve the problem.
Maybe there were different batches of CPUs used and that's why only some seem to be affected?

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from Samir:

No, mine is exactly the same as zaliaa's.
I sent an email to Stern and they sent me the previous version code V1.19, which reinstalled fine.
They seem to think it is some sort of conflict between the software and some of the CPU's and said the programmers were consulting with the CPU manufacturer to resolve the problem.
Maybe there were different batches of CPUs used and that's why only some seem to be affected?

Same here. Can't update at all.

#96 8 years ago

One week done without any news from stern. I also can't find no longer the post on their Facebook page. I am very disappointed.

#97 8 years ago

So am I...
I sent Patrick Powers this message :
" My Walking Dead LE is #299 France, E249910. I tried to install 1.24 many times with different flash drives. The game sounds "toc toc" and doesn't works...Returned to 1.19... I'm very sad and I hope you will find a solution... "
He answered this one :
" Hi Christophe,
Our software department and CPU board manufacturer are looking into this issue and hope to have a solution soon. Please continue to use the 1.19 software until the next update.
Regards,
Pat "
I hope we'll get soon a new update...

#98 8 years ago

I have never been so glad I sold a game so quick (had TWD NIB for 2 months, gonzo Jan-15).
Stern dropped the ball is so many ways on this title I was sickened. Waste of the license.

My final NIB pinball, ever.

#99 8 years ago

George Gomez just sent me a private message and said they found the issue and they posted new code with a fix. Go check it out and hopefully it's the fix for anyone having issues.

http://sternpinball.com/game-code

#100 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

George Gomez just sent me a private message and said they found the issue and they posted new code with a fix. Go check it out and hopefully it's the fix for anyone having issues.
http://sternpinball.com/game-code

This is excellent news! Did Gomez happen to mention if there is any reason for someone to install the fixed code if their game is currently working fine?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-124-games-resetting/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.