(Topic ID: 15927)

Twas the Night before the Pinball Party and All Through the House...

By docscott

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by The_APPL
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_0924-800.jpg
    DSC_0914-800.jpg
    DSC_0915-800.jpg
    DSC_0916-800.jpg
    DSC_0913-800.jpg
    DSC_0912-800.jpg
    DSC_0911-800.jpg
    DSC_0910-800.jpg
    DSC_0909-800.jpg
    DSC_0908-800.jpg
    young_partiers.jpg
    we_girls_wanna_play_shuffleboard!_r.jpg
    food_break!_r.jpg
    IMG_2371.JPG
    IMG_2420.JPG
    IMG_2417.JPG
    There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Well, the ACDC BIBLE made it, #21, and is all set up and ready for a great day tomorrow with Pinsiders from all across the country. And the Black AFM is the best pinball I've every seen or played, hands down.

Jim McCune and Kenny have been polishing, tweeking, and enjoying pinball most of the day.

Planeload of people arrive from Utah at a small airport in Prescott in the AM. GEX and company arrive via Phx a little later. Rommy is probably going to be getting up soon to catch his plane from the southeast, a wonderful act for a dedicated Pinsider.

The caterer is set, and the pinball machines are looking good, begging to be played.

Many pictures to follow after this weekend's event.

Thanks again to Robin for a great site that brings hobbyists together from all across the country and world.

#2 11 years ago

Have a great weekend guys. Want to hear all about it when the dust settles on Monday.

#3 11 years ago

Sounds fun, but I honestly have never heard of a Black AFM or a "Bible" AC/DC. Aftermarket? Another name for Limited Edition?

#4 11 years ago

^^^^^^

BIBLE = "B"ack "I"n "B"lack "L"imited "E"dition

Black AFM = Custom Black Chrome Armor and blades

#5 11 years ago

I'm pretty sure Black AFM is aftermarket, but is "bible" an official release? Is it different from other LE's? Too confusing.

#6 11 years ago

Back in Black Limited Edition aka "Bible"

Best of luck on the party Doc have a blast this weekend. And have a beer for me =-)

#7 11 years ago

I'm up! Flight leaves in 2 hours on the nose. Prepping for long plane flight now . Can't wait!

#8 11 years ago

Gawd, 90 inside the airpOrt, Atlanta and Phoenix will be hotter. Glad Prescott will be nice.

#9 11 years ago

Atlanta. Kinda chilly.

#10 11 years ago

Have fun. Should be a blast. Wish I could have made it. Maybe next year.

#11 11 years ago

Can't wait to see the pics. Wish I could have been there!

#12 11 years ago

I'm bumming because I couldn't make it this year. You could send me a cigar or 2, to make me feel better!

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Sounds fun, but I honestly have never heard of a Black AFM or a "Bible" AC/DC. Aftermarket? Another name for Limited Edition?

BIBLE is Back in Black LE ACDC. Black AfM is the black themed AFM with a couple threads on that recently, the best by Jim McCune which is still active.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

BIBLE is Back in Black LE ACDC. Black AfM is the black themed AFM with a couple threads on that recently, the best by Jim McCune which is still active.

Quoted from rommy:Gawd, 90 inside the airpOrt, Atlanta and Phoenix will be hotter. Glad Prescott will be nice.

Don't know if you'll get this, Rommy, but Prescott is PERFECT weather. Smells like pines. The garage doors will be open. Rented chairs and table arriving shortly. Games working and looking great. BBQ guy arriving with a feast. Everything is working out perfect and again, I thank you for the effort of the travel.

I'm picking up three people from the Prescott Airport in a bit here, who flew their private plane down from Utah.

Jim and Kenny are already involved in further tuning my machines.

Many last minute confirmations rolling in. Hope I have enough food! I'm sure I will. I bought extra, expecting that.

All is well.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Quoted from rommy:Gawd, 90 inside the airpOrt, Atlanta and Phoenix will be hotter. Glad Prescott will be nice.

Don't know if you'll get this, Rommy, but Prescott is PERFECT weather. Smells like pines. The garage doors will be open. Rented chairs and table arriving shortly. Games working and looking great. BBQ guy arriving with a feast. Everything is working out perfect and again, I thank you for the effort of the travel.

I'm picking up three people from the Prescott Airport in a bit here, who flew their private plane down from Utah.

Jim and Kenny are already involved in further tuning my machines.

Many last minute confirmations rolling in. Hope I have enough food! I'm sure I will. I bought extra, expecting that.

All is well.

#16 11 years ago

Too bad this funeral threw a monkey wrench in my plans. I was really looking forward to coming out.

#17 11 years ago

Can't wait for pics.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Can't wait for pics.

+11 1/2

#19 11 years ago

Me and josh are in Phoenix

#20 11 years ago

Really wish I could have been there. Can't wait for the stories and pics...!

#21 11 years ago

What A great Party! I got pictures But I forgot my SD Card reader! I will post up Monday When I get back in the office.

Thanks Doc for the Hospitality and opening up your games to all of us.. I had a great time and played a few games I haven't Played before.. Thanks to everyone I got to talk some great pinball with many of you. Congrats to the Winners of the Translights!

#23 11 years ago

sounds like a fun time had by all!

#24 11 years ago

what a fabulous gathering. Docs' WHOLE SET UP is over the top! GREAT food,GREAT company,GREAT games(make that EXCELLENT games) and......GREAT HOST!
    really cool meeting all of you guys,had a blast..and I got 1 of the translights!(signed)THANKS JJ!
    Thanks again DOCSCOTT for having me over. You gotta come down to Gold Canyon

#25 11 years ago

...rumblings...awake! Great party Scott ! I loved the steak and the cowboy beans, mike did a great job. Thanks for letting your wife and kids hang with the pinheads, they were sweet, your family that is . I enjoyed Arizona and your spread. Truly a place you never have to leave to find fun.

Met too many pinhead to put in this post, but that was the best, getting to meet and talk pinball with other pinheads. I was surprised Jim did not look more like a troll, I had pictured him sitting in a dark room tumbling pinball parts, turns out he does it with the light on .

On to the pins! BIBLE was a smash hit at the party, had a couple of issues with the cannon, but Jim addressed that. I played it enough to rate it...and yall know I don't like music pins...so when I rate it over a 9 you will know it is a true "from the heart" rating. I am going to say that AC/DC finally eclipsed MM. They were all right there together. AC/DC LE or Premium are A listers right now. The Pro not so much. If you have the means to pick one of those up you will never regret the decision. That pin is as much or more fun than any I have played. It was surrounded all night with a black AFM sitting right next to it and MM across the room.

Now, on to Mr. McCune. First...I think we need a nIckname for him. I expected a total B style personality, ya know, detail oriented people, creative, quiet. Shit, the dude would not shut up! I talked his ear off and he was right there with me. i am a decidedly "A" person, might tell you how to do your job, you know the type . So that surprised me. I am leaning toward "Gabby" because a) he will hate it , and b) the history behind gabby . (Jim knows I am effin with him, but now we met, so I can, and I am Hell once I get rolling.) second, the man is on a mission. The AFM was just ridiculous in the best way. I have never seen a HEP in person...but this AFM has no flaws. The best restore work I have ever seen. I don't like AFM usually because I suck at shooting the middle shot, it causes stdm for me. This one was like glass. Played so smoothe, I have never felt a pin tuned like that, the clear coating , the subtle way of the shaker motor, the bill ung mods all in synch. That was my first no virtual AFM, and I played it enough to rate as well.

There were about 15-20 people there at any time, 4 or 5 pins being played all the time. It was great to meet you fellow pinheads! Too many to list here, but that was the best part. With the exception of meeting Terry at PL, this my first meeting with pinheads. Great bunch of people. I have to go to more parties, get out, meet other pinheads.

Thanks again Scott for having all of us out, I'll be there next year if I can. Oh yeah, for the masses, I was frikkin SICK the whole party. Nauseous...maybe altitude? It bummed me out because I could not get drunk or even drink really. The bonus is I remember everything and have no apologies to make today. The negative is no one got to see me in my party hat!

I think I have learned something I want to share with y'all. You know I am still a newbie. I have observed negative reviews of sight unseen machines are usually inaccurate. But dammmm there are a shitload of them! My advice, don't listen, go look and play with an open mind. Acdc is a blast.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

...rumblings...awake! Great party Scott ! I loved the steak and the cowboy beans, mike did a great job. Thanks for letting your wife and kids hang with the pinheads, they were sweet, your family that is . I enjoyed Arizona and your spread. Truly a place you never have to leave to find fun.
    Met too many pinhead to put in this post, but that was the best, getting to meet and talk pinball with other pinheads. I was surprised Jim did not look more like a troll, I had pictured him sitting in a dark room tumbling pinball parts, turns out he does it with the light on .
    On to the pins! BIBLE was a smash hit at the party, had a couple of issues with the cannon, but Jim addressed that. I played it enough to rate it...and yall know I don't like music pins...so when I rate it over a 9 you will know it is a true "from the heart" rating. I am going to say that AC/DC finally eclipsed MM. They were all right there together. AC/DC LE or Premium are A listers right now. The Pro not so much. If you have the means to pick one of those up you will never regret the decision. That pin is as much or more fun than any I have played. It was surrounded all night with a black AFM sitting right next to it and MM across the room.
    Now, on to Mr. McCune. First...I think we need a nIckname for him. I expected a total B style personality, ya know, detail oriented people, creative, quiet. Shit, the dude would not shut up! I talked his ear off and he was right there with me. i am a decidedly "A" person, might tell you how to do your job, you know the type . So that surprised me. I am leaning toward "Gabby" because a) he will hate it , and b) the history behind gabby . (Jim knows I am effin with him, but now we met, so I can, and I am Hell once I get rolling.) second, the man is on a mission. The AFM was just ridiculous in the best way. I have never seen a HEP in person...but this AFM has no flaws. The best restore work I have ever seen. I don't like AFM usually because I suck at shooting the middle shot, it causes stdm for me. This one was like glass. Played so smoothe, I have never felt a pin tuned like that, the clear coating , the subtle way of the shaker motor, the bill ung mods all in synch. That was my first no virtual AFM, and I played it enough to rate as well.
    There were about 15-20 people there at any time, 4 or 5 pins being played all the time. It was great to meet you fellow pinheads! Too many to list here, but that was the best part. With the exception of meeting Terry at PL, this my first meeting with pinheads. Great bunch of people. I have to go to more parties, get out, meet other pinheads.
    Thanks again Scott for having all of us out, I'll be there next year if I can. Oh yeah, for the masses, I was frikkin SICK the whole party. Nauseous...maybe altitude? It bummed me out because I could not get drunk or even drink really. The bonus is I remember everything and have no apologies to make today. The negative is no one got to see me in my party hat!
    I think I have learned something I want to share with y'all. You know I am still a newbie. I have observed negative reviews of sight unseen machines are usually inaccurate. But dammmm there are a shitload of them! My advice, don't listen, go look and play with an open mind. Acdc is a blast.

AGREE...1000%

#27 11 years ago

Great write up, Rommy. I hope to meet you and many other pinheads soon

#28 11 years ago

It was a great time, I couldnt get away from BIBLE and ATF black. Great host, drinks, food, and company talking to fellow pinheads and pinsiders. Gexchange, Jdawg, and I couldnt stop laughing on the way up there when rommy got excited when he saw cactus. Oh man that weekend will always be in my memory.

#29 11 years ago

Hope you do it again some time docscott

#30 11 years ago

Rommy , Gabby huh .. I can take it ,but expected a little harsher from you! Thanks for the compliments!

Ok , Those of you who missed this party, all I can say is ,YOU MISSED OUT !!

Doc is a class act and really knows how to throw a party ! Food and drinks were over the top and non stop .

I got to meet some real cool people and had fun talking (gabbing) as Rommy puts it, with everyone !

JJ from Gexchange is awesome and I will deal with him in the future! Talk about customer service, I don't think you can beat him!

Glen,Mark,Jeff Adam,Donny and many others,I had a blast to playing pinball with !

Ok , AC/DC Back in Black pinball is the bomb PERIOD ! That game was played non stop since it came out of the box, 250 plays in less than 24 hours !

I love this game and I am so stoked I have one coming , those of you that don't, well you lose big time ! Ritchie and stern killed it and it will only get better as the software improves and it is kick ass right now with running 1.5 .

The black AFM was enjoyed by many but AC/DC stole the thunder with AFM getting played 50 times .

Here are some pictures in some random order .

A huge shout out to my very good friend Kenny ! The guys is a work horse and knows his way around a pinball machine ! Seen here with the big beard !

Jim

IMG_2371.JPGIMG_2371.JPG IMG_2372.JPGIMG_2372.JPG IMG_2374.JPGIMG_2374.JPG IMG_2375.JPGIMG_2375.JPG IMG_2376.JPGIMG_2376.JPG IMG_2378.JPGIMG_2378.JPG

#31 11 years ago

Scott's place is awesome .

IMG_2393.JPGIMG_2393.JPG IMG_2396.JPGIMG_2396.JPG IMG_2399.JPGIMG_2399.JPG IMG_2402.JPGIMG_2402.JPG IMG_2403.JPGIMG_2403.JPG IMG_2404.JPGIMG_2404.JPG

#32 11 years ago

more

IMG_2405.JPGIMG_2405.JPG IMG_2406.JPGIMG_2406.JPG IMG_2407.JPGIMG_2407.JPG IMG_2408.JPGIMG_2408.JPG IMG_2409.JPGIMG_2409.JPG IMG_2410.JPGIMG_2410.JPG

#33 11 years ago

even more

IMG_2411.JPGIMG_2411.JPG IMG_2412.JPGIMG_2412.JPG IMG_2416.JPGIMG_2416.JPG IMG_2417.JPGIMG_2417.JPG IMG_2420.JPGIMG_2420.JPG

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from ctozzi:

Too bad this funeral threw a monkey wrench in my plans. I was really looking forward to coming out.

me too, but completely understandable! I'll have more HEs next year. So you better start planning it now.

#35 11 years ago

Damn very nice pad, guess I shoulda been a doctor instead of a partsguy haha...thx for posting, party looks like it was a blast...

#37 11 years ago

damn the bbq alone looks bad ass enough to make the trip LOL!

great pics and writeups glad everyone had a great time! sounds like it is high enough up there it doesnt get so damn AZ hot??

#38 11 years ago

Those machines do not look covered to me, lying SOB !!!

IMG_2371.JPGIMG_2371.JPG

#39 11 years ago

great party and great company. Nothing like sharing something you're passionate about with good friends. Kwikimart really wish you'd made it. A couple of you others from back east, you were missed. By Rommy made up for you. JJ made the Stern support possible, getting my pin early and the giveaway translights. Gabby (Jim McCune) lost 20 pounds the last month getting Black AFM ready. I told him we'd have another part in 45 days if he could get MM and CC done by then. (Fat chance). Donnyman was easily spottable by his proverbial shit eating grin which he couldn't wipe off his face. Glen, Adam, Mark and even some women and others made this a wonderful event. Even some kids joined in.

Thank you all for the effort to make it to my home, and especially you Jim, Rommy and JJ. I thoroughly enjoyed all of you and look forward to our next get together.

Gorilla, Tatman, dvandentop, vegasalleycat and so many others... you were missed. I'll tell you what, I will wrestle Rommy into submission and we'll both hit to the skies to make it to someone elses party.

Thanks to all of you, and to Robin for a great site.

Maybe next time we gotta fly Robin in.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

damn the bbq alone looks bad ass enough to make the trip LOL!
    great pics and writeups glad everyone had a great time! sounds like it is high enough up there it doesnt get so damn AZ hot??

next time you're driving down! Great bbq. Although I had twenty steaks left over... I'll save them for next year, lol.

#41 11 years ago

couple pics

#42 11 years ago

couple pics

#43 11 years ago

Looks like it was a blast. Have to change it to June next year, so I can ride the Goldwing out there. May is iffy bike weather up this way.

P.S. Are my cigars in the mail yet? just kidding

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Looks like it was a blast. Have to change it to June next year, so I can ride the Goldwing out there. May is iffy bike weather up this way.
    P.S. Are my cigars in the mail yet? just kidding

went through over a box of cigars. bunch of happy stogie smokers!

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

Kwikimart really wish you'd made it.

Maybe next time, when MM and CC are done. Hopefully, I can get NimblePin, RobT, Pinb0t, and The Dude Abides to come to that party as well.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from pin-tastic:

Those machines do not look covered to me, lying SOB !!!

They are covered where they need to be ! The moon did most of the shining and the pins arrived in perfect condition! I guarantee these pinball machines shipped better than any shipping company could ever do !

I know what the hell I am doing!

Jim

#47 11 years ago

Looked like a great time. Can't wait to see the restore threads of the machines coming up.

#48 11 years ago

Stories and pics confirm that it was a great party. Thanks for hosting and posting...hope I can make the next one!

#49 11 years ago

Nice photos Jim , thanks for sharing

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

They are covered where they need to be !

I don't know...they might get hot in there, sweat out some of the alcohol they drank at the party, cause a 'splosion! Then there is the whole "let your pins be free" movement...they would have you set them up legs on and free wheel willie nillie down those dirt roads. If they jump out, well, that was their decision .

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twas-the-night-before-the-pinball-party-and-all-through-the-house and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.