Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by taylor34
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Hello All
    Please weigh in with your tv recommendations. I have pretty much decided on the Samsung QLED 65” series tv. No gaming will be done on the tv. Just tv and movies. Lots of streaming. Approx price is $3000. Is there a better tv for the money? Your thoughts please. Thank you

#2 5 years ago

LG C8 (or E8 with the pretty glass base). Or if you can splurge a little more, Sony A9F offers one of the best processors around. The picture is absolutely drop dead gorgeous. Checkout Greentoe.com and you can pick one up at a decent price (well off MSRP).

#3 5 years ago

Hands down, an LG OLED. The OLED are supposed to be better than the QLEDs. Recently purchased (within last year) an OLED and am very happy with it. I believe I have the E7, the one with the bar on the bottom.

#4 5 years ago

Drop the coin on an oled. QLED is still ultimately an LCD screen. Ditch the blur and the soap opera effect. Plus outter space scenes or other dark scenes while watching at night are absolutely stunning.

#5 5 years ago

Sony A9F is the best picture I’ve seen since the old Pioneer Elite plasmas.

#6 5 years ago

I would avoid samsung. Their TV's don't tend to last too long. They use cheap parts on the power supplies.

LG TV's seem to last a very long time.

#7 5 years ago

I have a 2018 65in LG OLED and after tons of research, including attending CES, I love it and I am so happy with the purchase.

Go OLED without a doubt

#8 5 years ago

LG OLED owner here. Unless the room is very bright, I'd go with an OLED over QLED every time.

#9 5 years ago

Thanks fellas. Very helpful. I will look into the lg more. The Sony is just not in the picture for me right now especially in light of what the markets are doing. Thank you

#10 5 years ago

Lg C8 and up have a better processor this year.
    I’ve got a 65”B7 I bought last year and love it.
    I’ve heard LG makes all the panels for Sony and Panasonic.

#11 5 years ago

OLED.

Once you go that route there is nothing else that compares.

QLED is Samsung’s way to try and confuse people and get them to think it’s on par with OLED. It’s close but it’s still just a fancy LED.

OLED blacks are amazing! The Black on the screen is the same as if the set is turned off because those pixels ARE turned off if called for.

Once I got an OLED I can hardly stand to watch my non OLED TVs...

LG C8 has the latest processor so get that if you can. B8 is really close and some say it’s impreceptable difference.

Also LG is the only produced or OLED panels. This if you get a Sony it’s still an LG panel, however it uses Sony’s video processing which is supposedly better than LG. However most say for the money the B8 or C8 are the best vaule as it’s Soooo hard to tell difference between LG and Sony video.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I would avoid samsung. Their TV's don't tend to last too long. They use cheap parts on the power supplies.
    LG TV's seem to last a very long time.

Their everythigs tend to not last too long. I will never buy another Samsung product again. I've had problems with all but one product of theirs,. The first HD T.V. I bought was a 32" LCD, that worked fine until the Power supply went out on it. I found out this is a common problem. I replaced it with an L.G. and have had zero problems., and it has lasted longer than the Samsung did.

... Then there's the exploding Samsung washing machines ...

#13 5 years ago

What are the best LG OLED settings?

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

What are the best LG OLED settings?

check rtings.com for generic settings. For optimal settings for your room, you'll have to customize or hire a technician.

4 months later
    #15 4 years ago

To follow up with this.
    I'm not a big tv watcher, but finally want something to replace the giant projection tv in my basement that my friends ridicule me over.
    I looked at those OLED's. Ouch$$. That's near pin money.

What would be the best 65"-75" tv for let's say....$1500 and under.

I know it won't be the shnizzle...but I don't care. Just something pretty decent.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

To follow up with this.
    I'm not a big tv watcher, but finally want something to replace the giant projection tv in my basement that my friends ridicule me over.
    I know it won't be the shnizzle...but I don't care. Just something pretty decent.

LG LED (not OLED) are going to be under that price.

#17 4 years ago

Color is amazing on these sony series....10 bit!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-65-class-led-x850f-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6201953.p?skuId=6201953

This years model, with an F extension, I believe year can be determined by leg/base

Last Years Model? With an "E" extension:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1317746-REG/sony_xbr_65x850e_x850e_series_65_4k.html

Havent shopped them recently but many can see the huge difference in reds and flesh tones, with the extra color. It increases the depth of field.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

To follow up with this.

Just buy the biggest name brand TV you and find for the cheapest price. 65" should be $700 and under. Couple years OLED's will be half the price and then that will be the time to buy one. They depreciate so fast if you buy the latest technology, if you can wait until it matures a little you'll save a lot of money.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tv-recommendations and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.