(Topic ID: 32451)

Tucson

By mof

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Scan 133290002.jpg
    Scan 133290001.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Where's a good place to play pinball in Tucson.

1 month later
    #2 11 years ago

Anyone out there in Tucson know how to find machines here?

#3 11 years ago

Famous Sams sports bar should have one. Go to pin map on here and find additional locations and another good site is pinballrebel.com I have tried to add most of the locations I find to both sites up here in AZ around all the areas but don't make it down to Who of A much. http://www.pinballrebel.com/locator/index.php

4 months later
    #4 10 years ago

There isn't a good list anywhere, but here is what I know:

Bambi Bar - Rocky & Bullwinkle
    Golf & Stuff - Tron, Rolling Stones, Transformers (all in sad, sad shape)
    Dirt Bags - LOTR (not sure which version)
    Cactus Bowl - Gilligan's Island

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I think Eagle vending does most of the pinball games in town. Most all the games I see out there are in pretty rough shape. Sure is sad to see some of the newer machines in that condition.

#5 10 years ago

Ya Tucson is a tuff place to find any pins let alone ones in decent shape.
    Most of the Famous Sams all have beat to hell Addams Family. Golf & Stuff not bad machines but playfields are so dirty you cant even see the graphics.
    So here is my secret spot. The El Con Mall Movie Theaters have a Spiderman and a Shrek in good shape. No need to buy ticket for movie just walk in the lobby and go to the game room.

#6 10 years ago

I flew into Tuscon and drove and hour to Tombstone for a few days (Ghosthunting in the Birdcage Theater). I wish I had time to play out there. Neat area.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Ya Tucson is a tuff place to find any pins let alone ones in decent shape.
    Most of the Famous Sams all have beat to hell Addams Family. Golf & Stuff not bad machines but playfields are so dirty you cant even see the graphics.
    So here is my secret spot. The El Con Mall Movie Theaters have a spiderman and a Shrek in good shape. No need to buy ticket for movie just walk in the lobby and go to the game room.

Unfortunately, this is not true. Both games are in pretty bad shape. Spiderman has some problem where it just hangs until you power off. Shrek's mini-playfield is broken and the playfield popup target has a nub hanging up. I've been hoping to find any public games worth playing, but end up driving to Phoenix if I get really desperate.

4 months later
    #8 10 years ago

There is finally an amazing place to play in Tucson. D&D Pinball... http://www.danddpinball.com/ 30+ classic pins in one location! Finally.

#10 10 years ago

Nice! I visit some family that moved to Tucson once a year and every trip is like being on a deserted island for a week with no pinball machines. My last visit I played more pinball at a random stop during the drive down from California than during my entire stay in Tucson! I combed the various bowling alleys and bars, but could never find anything.

I'm definitely glad there is finally a spot in that town.

1 month later
    #11 10 years ago

Anyone in Tucson, AZ got some nice 80's machines in their collection?
    I'll be in Tucson next week: M, T, W.
    PM if your feeling social, and would like to show off a few of your awesome machines next week to a fellow 80's collector.
    ---
    I'm so bummed that the new pinball place isn't open weeknights ! I got no timing !
    -mof

#12 10 years ago

I'm in Phoenix, not Tucson, but I have a collection of 69 Pins including 26 Classic Bally's, most of which have been completely restored....

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from edgewerx:

There is finally an amazing place to play in Tucson. D&D Pinball... http://www.danddpinball.com/ 30+ classic pins in one location! Finally.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#14 10 years ago

I'm surprised no one has mentioned D&D Pinball in Tucson. Have not visited yet but what I have heard and seen, looks like a pretty cool place!

Check it out: http://www.danddpinball.com/

Scan 133290001.jpgScan 133290001.jpg Scan 133290002.jpgScan 133290002.jpg
    #15 10 years ago

it was mentioned above

1 month later
    #16 10 years ago

Yes I second the motion.... D&D Pinball is a great place and really the only place in Tucson to go to play that has a great selection of pins. The owners are great , husband and wife team who are engineers that work at Raytheon for their day jobs. D&D has about 35 machines which all came from their home collection and they have a great selection to play. Just to name a few....Midevil Madness, Adams family, AC/DC premium, Indiana Jones, Twilight Zone and the list goes on. Thanks D&D pinball.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tuscon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.