Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Side-by-Side (resized).jpg
ED3E9CAD-BDD3-4045-AE28-9EF53D64125D (resized).jpeg
ACF0643D-57E6-4E36-92EF-A54404DEDC0D (resized).jpeg
D353A61B-281F-4508-8DB7-1F68F0FE004D (resized).jpeg
662D7C9D-D70D-432B-91E4-1524119701D8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PokerJake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

The kick in the nuts is that they touted the ZY artwork as a feature!
I have one of the grainy ones and it's damn annoying. You can totally notice it if you're just staring at the art from normal distance. But I also don't have a lick of pooling. The ones where people have pooling seem to have the good quality printing. So, basically pick your poison...? I personally would rather have my PF with crappy art than the clear pooling, but obviously we shouldn't have to choose.

My Pro dated August 6th has a good printed playfield (art under the star posts) with no pooling. It's probably just the minority posting issues, why would someone post if they don't have any issues with it? I suppose with this "cancel culture" of today, nothing is acceptable, no matter how small. Hopefully Stern takes care of you but it seems like a pretty small issue. I have noticed smaller dimples with the thinner clearcoating, my AFMr has craters compared to any of my Sterns.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

As long as we're "probablying" here, I bet 50% are probably like this. Nice working cancel culture into your post. The entire playfield art is shit. That's not "small" at all.

Thanks, but it's all guessing. Considering there's been about 10 photos of grainy machines, it's probably not widespread.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

You seem to have won the playfield lottery, but this has nothing to do with "cancel culture". That's a buzzword that's applicable in many areas in current events, but this isn't one of them. People just want their ZY-featured $6K art to look correct and not bubble up. As I mentioned, I'd rather have the grainy art instead of pooling, which ended up being my case, but I still shouldn't have to pick the lesser of 2 evils.

Hopefully Stern takes care of you but it's not really noticeable from playable distances as seen in photos. Fortunately you don't have to pick and there's a 3rd option that's the majority. I'd say exchange them if possible or return it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Reflex Mods

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7,999.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 22.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PokerJake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/turtles-playfield-question?tu=PokerJake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.