(Topic ID: 166783)

Turtle wax?

By MNpin66

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

14716547729221080881725_(resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I have cleaned and polished....now need to wax.....will this work or should i get something different?

14716547729221080881725_(resized).jpg14716547729221080881725_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

I don't know about turtle wax, but I use Blitz caranuba wax. Most use it or P21S (which I have yet to try). You want to use carnuba wax. Read Vids guide:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cleaning-and-waxing-pinball-machines-vids-guide

#3 7 years ago

+1.

Honestly, as long as that wax doesn't have any solvents or abrasives that would dissolve any exposed inks or dyes on the playfield, it'll probably work just fine in a pinch--however, you really should use a good quality carnauba wax. That turtle wax just won't be protective enough. I've been using Blitz, but I also got a can of this stuff: https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-05550-California-Brazilian-Carnauba/dp/B0002U2V1O/ref=sr_1_9

Realistically, it's probably just as good as Blitz, but it's 10x cheaper and easier to find at the moment.

#4 7 years ago

I dont know f it would hurt it or not but I wouldn't use it. I believe Vid knows his sh*t so I use PS21S or Blitz. He likes Blitz the best but said PS21S would work also.

#5 7 years ago

I use turtle wax with carnuba works just fine the applicator it comes with is nice too.

#6 7 years ago

Get some Blitz!!!

#7 7 years ago

I have used Blitz, Mother's, Collinite, and Turtle. As long as it is carnauba wax and not some "cleaner" wax you are fine. All of the above are great. Mother's is probably my favorite smelling wax. Keep the game waxy and you are good.

Just be prepared to be pissed off after a fresh coat. It will make you feel like a virgin all over again, lol.

#8 7 years ago

I have used that wax. Its OK. Wouldn't buy it again though. Its very liquidy so I'm afraid it might have bad stuff in it. Also its likes dark greenish blue color and because of how "wet" it is, its very sloppy and very noticeable if you get it anywhere you don't want it. That said, the shine is decent and the games played nice afterwords. There are better choices. I'll be buying blitz next time.

#9 7 years ago

I used Blitz on my corvette and I am very pleased.

#10 7 years ago

I wax once a year with that same exact wax, no problems at all. Works great, games play great.

#11 7 years ago

Here is biggest problem with the Turtle Wax Hard Shell. If it is applied liberally all over the playfield, and it gets on the plastic posts or down in the slots of the roll over switches, or gaps around the inserts. You will have a tough time getting all of the traces of the excess wax off of, or out of those areas.

#12 7 years ago

i use 3m perfect it #3. its pricey, you can only get it at a body shop supply but worth the $$ and the drive.
    http://3mcollision.com/products/featured-products/3m-perfect-it-paint-finishing-system/3m-perfect-it-ex-ultrafine-machine-polish-06097.html#moreInfoDetails

#13 7 years ago

I haven't been able to locate Blitz @ at Ontario retailers . . .

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/turtle-wax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.