Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by DefaultGen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I'm at an event... Standing around waiting for someone... And I start looking at the "turnstyle". That thing you walk through and the 3 metal arms rotate while it apparently counts how many enter.

I'm thinking one might be fun for a Gameroom. Maybe. Anyone have one or any experience acquiring one?

... Altan

#2 9 years ago

Nah, can't see one in a home

#3 9 years ago

I like the idea if it works with your set up. Why not get a nice old one from the 30's-50's, that would be very cool.

Brian

#4 9 years ago

Think it would take up room and be a waste of space personally

#5 9 years ago

I joked about that years ago. Free to enter gameroom machines set on free play but you have to pay to leave. I could see it beging very cool in the right setting. Kids would get a kick out of for sure.
    I knew a guy with a large phone booth that was going to turn into a shower. So a slightly modified turn style could become a celing fan.

#6 9 years ago

Most arcades I have been to don't have turnstyles. Also, if you only have one entrance/exit to your gameroom a turnstyle could be a fire hazard, and you'd have to move it for games. I guess you could just have one in the gameroom somewhere, but I'm not sure the tie-in.

#7 9 years ago

It's like a stop light or a pay phone... No real purpose, just interesting. Definitely would not put it in a main access way!

I agree it's questionable. That's why I was raising the topic. To see if anyone had done it and experience.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Most arcades I have been to don't have turnstyles. Also, if you only have one entrance/exit to your gameroom a turnstyle could be a fire hazard, and you'd have to move it for games. I guess you could just have one in the gameroom somewhere, but I'm not sure the tie-in.

Have you ever been to an arcade with a turnstyle?

Fire hazard...lol.

#9 9 years ago

I think a cool looking antique one could be incorporated very nicely, although I've never actually seen it done.

I've got an antique cash register, traffic light, gumball machine etc in my room and several friends have restored gas pumps, soda machines etc. Any of that stuff can add quite a bit of character to a room and make interesting conversation pieces.

#10 9 years ago

unless you stumble across one being unloaded in a hurry, prepare to spend some major $$$. They usually weigh over 200 lbs and sell for over $1500 in working order. Brand new units run over $2K..

#11 9 years ago

I junk cars for a living ,so im in the scrap yard on a daily basis , i regularly see these turnstyles in the scrap pile , if anyone finds a cool way of iincorporating one of these into a gameroom id love to see the pics

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I've never seen an arcade with fully working and clean pins either, but we strive for that!

and

#13 9 years ago

I looked at a house recently that had a gameroom with some pins and arcade machines, and also had a turnstyle. It immediately caught my attention and I checked it out, but if was off to the side and we didn't have to "use" it to enter or leave the room. It was purely decorative and you could go through it if you wanted, but not if you didn't.

I was neat though, but purely as a decoration, not function.

Luck!

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Fire hazard...lol.

Well, Chuck E Cheese's.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/turnstyle-for-gameroom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.