Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F122D89E-74F7-4CB1-99E5-42B2095D51DF (resized).jpeg
55CD85E2-B522-4588-902C-1AE6220DB284 (resized).jpeg
Balaclava_3_hole_black (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
3587856000000578-0-image-a-7_1466548290768 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

what on earth are you afraid of? it's a pinball machine that's not even connected to the internet.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Law:

I play competitively pretty often, when this game gets picked I can't exactly opt out without forfeiting.
I didn't expect so many downthumbs for a basic question. I know I'm in the minority and said as much in the initial post, I'm sure there are people that don't want to end up on the jumbotron at sportsball games either.
I don't expect most people to be bothered by the camera on the game, but for me it's a thing and the people I play with regularly in league and events are aware of my weirdness about this and don't do things like post pictures of me playing to their social media feeds. I hope people can empathize even if they don't feel the same way.
I would just like a way to disable this without resorting to a sticky note and was hoping there was a way. Can it be turned off in the operator settings? I'll just kill the thread if there's really no answer, didn't mean to start a thing.

why do you want a fun feature to be turned off for EVERYONE when you acknowledge it's YOUR weird problem? the onus is on you to duck out of the way, not enter your initials, use a post it note, put your thumb over the camera, put your hand over your precious unphotographable face, or play something else -- there are literally dozens of ways for you to easily solve this "problem" that doesn't require disabling it for everyone else.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

As someone who tries ad nauseum to be the most tolerant person on pinside, I'm surprised by your reaction to the OP.
You're reaching bullying status IMO with your comments.

Try to be more empathetic to others.

Haha, bullying?? What a completely disproportionate accusation. It sounds like you have a personal grudge against me. grow up and get over it.

He’s the one seeking to control everyone’s experience because of his own issue. There are dozens of ways for him to avoid getting his picture taken by this game that require no action on anyone else’s part.

Note he did not ask for suggestions on a way to not have HIS picture taken — he asked for the feature to be disabled entirely in the settings. He also didn’t contact the operator about his issue — he created a public complaint thread.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

He is very tolerant as long as you agree with him.

I have never referred to myself as “tolerant” and I ask that you do not either. It’s a completely meaningless term used mostly reflexively to imply someone is a hypocrite. It means nothing. the things I believe in have nothing to do with “tolerating” anything.

Funny thing is that I have a number of lady friends and relatives who will go to great lengths to avoid being photographed. They would all avoid this game and would certainly choose to disable to camera if they played. I find it hard to believe that everyone here doesn't know at least one person like that?

And I’m sure none of them would have trouble avoiding getting their picture taken by Dialed In if that was their preference, particularly if they knew it was coming.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

On this subject you are way out of line.
Social Anxiety is not a weird hang up, it's a recognized mental disorder. You are being super judgemental.
https://socialanxietyinstitute.org/dsm-definition-social-anxiety-disorder
I do agree that switching off the feature doesn't help him or anyone else though.

You are right — I changed the wording. “Weird hang up” was completely out of line. I sincerely apologize to the OP for that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/turning-off-camera-on-dialed-in-on-location?tu=pezpunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.