Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F122D89E-74F7-4CB1-99E5-42B2095D51DF (resized).jpeg
55CD85E2-B522-4588-902C-1AE6220DB284 (resized).jpeg
Balaclava_3_hole_black (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
3587856000000578-0-image-a-7_1466548290768 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I feel that this machine taking my picture without my permission for use on a high score display is an invasion of my privacy. The selfie switch mode also skeeves me out. Yeah, I have some things I'm weird about and people and things taking my picture without permission is one of them.

I know I'm in the super-small-probably-just-me minority here but is there a flipper code or way for me to opt out of the feature?

#20 6 years ago

I play competitively pretty often, when this game gets picked I can't exactly opt out without forfeiting.

I didn't expect so many downthumbs for a basic question. I know I'm in the minority and said as much in the initial post, I'm sure there are people that don't want to end up on the jumbotron at sportsball games either.

I don't expect most people to be bothered by the camera on the game, but for me it's a thing and the people I play with regularly in league and events are aware of my weirdness about this and don't do things like post pictures of me playing to their social media feeds. I hope people can empathize even if they don't feel the same way.

I would just like a way to disable this without resorting to a sticky note and was hoping there was a way. Can it be turned off in the operator settings? I'll just kill the thread if there's really no answer, didn't mean to start a thing.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Do the camera's used in many tourny's not bother you? Some literally have cameras everywhere displaying everything on large TV's for all to see.

Of course they bother me. I deal. I'll deal here too like I usually do.

I have had intense social anxiety in the past to the point where I couldn't sit anywhere in public (theaters, halls, buses) unless I was in a corner with my back to a wall because I felt like people were looking at me. It's not at that level anymore but I still don't like my picture taken, it is a really uncomfortable thing for me.

If you are so fundamentally opposed to people not wanting their picture taken that you can't fathom that someone would want this small amount of control, just drain the thread. Nothing useful is coming out of this anyways.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's at the bottom center of the backglass.

Appreciate it, thanks. That's actually helpful.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/turning-off-camera-on-dialed-in-on-location?tu=law and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.